Colt complete lower's ; Brownell's

https://www.brownells.com/aspx/searc...687&pid=109740

********** The Ignore List Works Great **********
fly2.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2018, 14:11   #102
John A
Registered

FALaholic #: 73828
I bought one of the complete colt lowers the day after Christmas I think. They were on sale for $179, and of course I couldn't pass that up.

The one that I got was marked M4 carbine, but didn't have the typical LE prefix on the serial number.

John A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2018, 15:30   #103
fly2.0
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 79608
That don't look or sound right .

Also a strange S/N

Old May 11, 2018, 17:25   #104
John A
Registered

I'll send you a PM.
Old May 11, 2018, 18:25   #105
fly2.0
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John A View Post
I'll send you a PM.
Anyone know what the CR stands for ?

Old May 11, 2018, 19:27   #106
John A
Registered

From arfcom: https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry...ix-/29-286015/

--------------
"...The “CR” prefix is what is currently used on all our LE products. There may be some LE prefix lowers in the marketplace still but all new lowers on all LE rifles are CR prefix. The only difference between an LE prefix lower and a CR prefix lower is the serial number range..."

"...Also asked about the new CR prefix serial numbers. They said it was a new standardization of serial numbers they were doing. The only one that is different is the A4 model that starts was a CAR..."

Seems some on this site equated the LE serial number prefix with a law enforcement model. It ain't. It's JAFAR / 6920.
If your lower is not rolled marked "LAW ENFORCEMENT" it is not now, never has been, and never will be a "LAW ENFORCEMENT" model.

ETA: And a LE roll marked 6920 lower is just another 6920 lower with a "LAW ENFORCEMENT" roll mark on it brought about by the ban years and later Colt marketing.
Old May 11, 2018, 23:37   #107
GRA556
Registered

FALaholic #: 81066
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly2.0 View Post
Anyone else , have this problem ?
Yes I sure do. Can't get enough of them. Still putting retros together too.

One of the reasons I'm finally going to the FAL platform is because I know I can't afford more than one or two of those.
GRA556 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2018, 06:52   #108
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Honestly if not a total Colt built rifle in Colt factory screwing up a home brew project is a home brew rifle no matter the roll mark on the receiver. Of course will be people down the road that w I'll see the pony on the lower and make ssumptions so will still likely add value to a build. Colt selling off parts is a bad sign for long term though good for us hoarders short term. I interpret it as they have lost a lot of contracts to FN, Smith and others causing them to have to surplus parts to keep,cash flow up. Bad sign for pony lovers longterm.

Think Colt should get serious with retail guns again. A release of properly made Pythons and Diamondbacks to go with Cobras, maybe a limited edition run of Anaconda's would not devalue originals as serial numbers will date guns but generate revenue, allow a new generation to become pony lovers if they make them from steel and keep fit/finish level top notch.

Hate to see us loose them and losing dot gov and dot mil contracts could bode the end or worse, a sell off to someone who will turn out total crap with Colt branding like is happening with others then they file bankruptcy and sell off all the had assets dismantling the company forever.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2018, 08:03   #109
rbgonoles
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 74764
More Colt! My recent build. Mk18 Mod 0. Colt upper with Colt 6920 Barrel cut to 10.3”. Had to go with a Brownells A1 lower for clone correctness.

Last edited by rbgonoles; May 13, 2018 at 08:34.
rbgonoles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2018, 07:18   #110
fly2.0
Silver Contributor

I likey ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I can't wait to get my barrel back .

I'm doing my MK18 Mod 0 with LWRC Free float rail system , and cutting down a 6921 barrel . it's at the smith right now .

Old May 13, 2018, 09:00   #111
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Most I have seen have standard carbine stock. SEAL team issues are more often with the battery compartment high check rest stock and usually have cans plus night vision attachments. Assume that may be a reason for on board batteries. The Mk 18 has so many different configurations in its SOPMOD it's almost a zillion accessories that if chop a barrel or buy a shorty upper with quad rail handguards dropped in the delta ring have a Mk 18. Since I am not a forward vertical grip user will stick with my old school M177 Moderator carry handle upper and let it rip roar. Did drop a binary trigger in my moderator which having a third position" close to happy" switch makes it much more lively.

I hate doing a second stamp to SBR a rifle when first thing will do is stick a can on it to keep blast out of my face which can pin and call the darn thing a rifle without second stamp. Also after using flash cans if did build an unsuppressed SBR would put Noveske Flaming Pig or KAK flash can on it as they are 10 times the technology of a bird cage. Some things I just have a low desire to clone them when the $200 SBR stamp would buy another Form 1 suppressor stamp. Have come up with an easy to build Form 1 can that actually makes sense to pin them to short barrels and bring to 16" rifle length.

The can waiting for transfer of 458 SOCOM build is huge 10" commercial can paid $200 for as owners wife saw two months credit card statements, a $200 check to BATFE so he sold all the major parts and discovered selling even an unused specialty suppressor difficult so decided if able to get his tax stamp money back wife would be happy so paid $200 to BATFE and soon as stamp comes back will give him $200 and be into can less than street price. With the huge can on an 8" barrel lobbing subs should be almost mechanical sound of moving parts all thats heard. Have a Form 1 can on a Beretta Minx that shooting in shop or basement all hear is bullet slapping target and brass landing on concrete, actual movie quiet with right can on subsonic bullet lobber.

First few Mk 18 clones I saw thought were someone's idea of a cheapie SBR using drop in quad rails instead of floating barrel. While not a proper Mk 18 mod 0 clone I do like the Daniel Defense M18 model as their implementation of it is stunningly nice with their free float forearm system which they claim have sold over 15,000 units to USSOCOM for fielding most I see are drop in quad rails. I have seen the Daniel Defense rail in the Mk 18 mod 3 SOPMOD so with four generations and multiple configurations in each almost any short barrel M4 build would about fall in the Mk 18 family.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2018, 18:32   #112
fly2.0
Silver Contributor

Finely got my barrel's back

MK18 Mod 0 Clone 10.3''

2-Colt 14.5'' Barrel cut down , (One for a Buddy)
LWRC FF rail system w/ KAC
Stag Arms Lefty upper ,
Matech 2-600m rear site ,

Test fire Tuesday

Old May 26, 2018, 18:45   #113
John A
Registered

Don't see many leftys.

Nice