Old July 06, 2007, 16:44   #1
sprat
Registered

FALaholic #: 19813
Fn FAL century castings finished

Can it be done??? I did it!!!! and with simple hand tools NO MILLING MACHINE

fire function
I test fired my century casting that I finished from 70% to almost 95%

I loaded 1 weak reload into the chamber. pulled the bolt catch and she locked up fine, with a coathanger and gun rest. I pulled trigger and low and behold no blown receiver, no cracks no deforms of any kind and I didn't loose any JB

but the primers came out and out the bottom of the mag well FLAT, case didn't eject ( gas valve not set properly) the neck was fire formed for a new caliber

Yes I know I am a smith excessive headspace and no I didn't headspace before hand.( bad habit building AK's) I will have to thread deeper about a half turn. I cut the threads by hand!

when I loaded the 5 round in the mag ,she locked up tight, the pressure was high enough to blow the bottom of austrian mag out got to get that gas valve set

As of now I am the only person to have built a 70% FN FAL to fire function on all the sites I have checked

good luck with your castings

sprat
Old July 06, 2007, 18:05   #2
kev
Curio & Relic
Contributor

FALaholic #: 71
R.I.P.

RUE?
kev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 06, 2007, 19:36   #3
olsarg
Registered

FALaholic #: 9625
Are you using a FAL barrel? 1 hlf a turn on the barrel will put the sites down I think. Or are you moving the gas block? How did you cut the groves saw blade or dremial.
olsarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 06, 2007, 20:17   #4
elbo
Registered

FALaholic #: 8362
You are not the first person to have done it.
Look for postings by ripndee some 4years old.

You may be the first to have done it wrong.
Old July 06, 2007, 21:10   #5
JoeLad
Registered

FALaholic #: 3353
I call dibs on the rest of your guns when your CIA bomb does you in.
JoeLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 06, 2007, 21:16   #6
phillip
Banned again

FALaholic #: 29433
Quote:
Originally posted by JoeLad
I call dibs on the rest of your guns when your CIA bomb does you in.
I dont think I would want em
phillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 06, 2007, 21:52   #7
ostrobothnian
Rest in Peace
May 23, 2011

FALaholic #: 21545
Good Lord. I do believe this is the "nuttiest" post I have ever read here on the files! Is it real? How about some pics?

Visualize whirled peas
ostrobothnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 06, 2007, 23:50   #8
Radio
Registered

FALaholic #: 263
The "coathanger and rifle rest" part was the only intelligent portion of the post.

--Radio

"You seem to fantasize about me a lot. Maybe you should tell your boyfriend? He could dress up like me or something." --K.O.A.M., November 9th, 2009

"You're better off hoping she don't miss, it's quicker that way." --ce, December 15, 2009
Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 07, 2007, 00:06   #9
ostrobothnian
Rest in Peace
May 23, 2011

Thanks for clearing that up WEG.

Wonder if he had a hard time bending the locking shoulder to fit in that receiver.

Visualize whirled peas
Old July 07, 2007, 07:21   #10
NHBandit
Registered

FALaholic #: 7986
See you at the Darwin awards....
Old July 07, 2007, 08:47   #11
ce
Registered

FALaholic #: 373
Don't listen to them spratboy, they're just jellis.

Once you perfect your technique, you will be a magnet for all the castings Tapco ever sold, and one by one, you can cut, grind, chisel and weld them all together.

The double barrel FAL

The Quad FAL on pedestal mount

The Krummlauf FAL that shoots around corners

The FAL shotgun

Keep up the good work!
ce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 07, 2007, 13:21   #12
English Mike
Registered

FALaholic #: 11339
Due to BATFE's recent decision that an unfinished receiver needs registering if you can make it work using hand tools only, it wont be long before any lump of steel will require transfer via an FFL, including railroad track

Politicians and diapers have one thing in common: They should both be changed regularly and for the same reason.
English Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 07, 2007, 15:00   #13
gunsmith_tony
Registered

FALaholic #: 6564
Your a "smith"? Are you F'ing serious?
gunsmith_tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 07, 2007, 15:03   #14
gunsmith_tony
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by Radio
The "coathanger and rifle rest" part was the only intelligent portion of the post.

--Radio
Not really. Judging from his description, a coat hanger wouldn't be nearly long enough.
Old July 07, 2007, 22:19   #15
thedrickel
don't tax me, bro
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 19388
Dude . . . go buy a lottery ticket. NOW!
"During my 18 years I came to bat almost 10,000 times. I struck out about 1,700 times and walked maybe 1,800 times. You figure a ball player will average about 500 AB's a year. That means I played seven years in the major leagues without even hitting the ball."

Mickey Mantle
thedrickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 07, 2007, 22:40   #16
hockeysew
Registered

FALaholic #: 24163
If my calender didnt say different, I would say it is April Fools....
Sheeesh!

"I Powder with my brother Ball, hero like do conquer all"--Inscription on early flintlock Pennsylvania Rifle
hockeysew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 08, 2007, 07:56   #17
Speedfish
Registered

FALaholic #: 6547
I've been working all night and I know that I am exhausted, but what am I missing here? Why are you guys giving this dude so much grief? Is there more to this story than I am seeing?

EM,
Is that true about registering a receiver that you built with handtools? That is completely FUBAR!
Speedfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 08, 2007, 08:05   #18
bykerhd
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2798
Speedfish, it is the methodology employed in testing the receiver and lack of safety checks preceding and during that have people stirred up. If true, and he really did things as stated, he is very lucky not to have seriously injured or killed himself. Completion with only hand tools would normally be a big WECSOG plus.
bykerhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 08, 2007, 09:31   #19
SIG552
Registered

FALaholic #: 21446
I think he just yanked everybodies chain and now he's sitting back with a cold beer enjoying all the posts. Not even the bravest WECSOGer would be foolish enough to test a firearm in this manner and/or have the balls to post it so triumphantly on a board he knows to be populated by FAL enthousiasts from around the world.

SIG552
SIG552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 08, 2007, 10:06   #20
bykerhd
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2798
I imagine most all of us are hoping you are correct SIG552.

If that is really the case, he should now step forward, acknowledge it to be a "story" and take his bows. He did stir things up a bit.

Of course if it's true, he should thank his lucky stars, still claim it was just a "story", take his bows and STFU.
bykerhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 08, 2007, 10:15   #21
gunnut1
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 1877
Quote:
Originally posted by ENGLISH MIKE
Due to BATFE's recent decision that an unfinished receiver needs registering if you can make it work using hand tools only, it wont be long before any lump of steel will require transfer via an FFL, including railroad track

?????When did this happen?

The human race is not the pinnacle of evolution. We are but one evolutionary out come.
gunnut1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 08, 2007, 12:41   #22
SADDLER
Registered

FALaholic #: 8476
Re: Fn FAL century castings finished

Quote:
Originally posted by sprat
Can it be done??? I did it!!!! and with simple hand tools NO MILLING MACHINE

fire function
I test fired my century casting that I finished from 70% to almost 95%

but the primers came out and out the bottom of the mag well FLAT, case didn't eject ( gas valve not set properly) the neck was fire formed for a new caliber

Yes I know I am a smith excessive headspace and no I didn't headspace before hand.( bad habit building AK's) I will have to thread deeper about a half turn. I cut the threads by hand!

when I loaded the 5 round in the mag ,she locked up tight, the pressure was high enough to blow the bottom of austrian mag out got to get that gas valve set

sprat

NRA Life Member
SADDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 08, 2007, 13:07   #23
English Mike
Registered

FALaholic #: 11339
Quote:
Originally posted by gunnut1

?????When did this happen?

I wasn't being entirely serious but the BATFE's intent is pretty clear from the comments HERE

Politicians and diapers have one thing in common: They should both be changed regularly and for the same reason.
English Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 08, 2007, 13:18   #24
festus
Registered

FALaholic #: 7928
Re: Fn FAL century castings finished

You have the makings of a fine 9 mm project. Get a Rineland 9mm barrel and go from there. 308 or any other high pressure round is suicide in an un tested un heat treated receiver. I also carved out a fal receiver from a casting, but would never attempt to use a rifle cartridge in one. I understand your determination and endeavors, but it is time for common sense to prevail. Keep us updated and ignore the detractors.
Old July 08, 2007, 21:07   #25
juanni
TROLL

FALaholic #: 2439
It is a plausable story. You don't need a machine shop full of tools to jam a bolt, carrier, barrel and locking shoulder in a Tapco casting.

But a fully functioning, reliable and durable reciever with hand tools and without the "jb weld"..........
Well that is a whole nuther story.

I will be waiting for that whopper.

.........juanni
juanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 09, 2007, 17:31   #26
sprat
Registered

Ok the erson who said someone else did this 4 years ago did he test fire
I did was this profect done with hand tools or milling if he used a milling machine any person can do this project including you!

second
yes I work as a jouneyman smith, before the service. then spent a few years assembling parts to existing stock for our uncle (not smithing just re-assembling). I specialize in sigs P-2xx series, walthers etc most smiths can't build a snow man

yep I am setting back having a few cold beers but its not at your expense, its for my accomplishment that numerous of jealous individual refuse to believe.

THIS POST IS FOR REAL, pictures for this build can be found on the Roderus gunsite
http://www.homegunsmith.com/cgi-bin/...T;f=20;t=17840

I am home builder not some guy who buys a receiver from DSA or whoever and slaps together kit and call myself a builder thats the real joke

sprat
sprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 09, 2007, 18:49   #27
Conju
Registered

FALaholic #: 22977
Quote:
Ok the erson who said someone else did this 4 years ago did he test fire
I did was this profect done with hand tools or milling if he used a milling machine any person can do this project including you!

second
yes I work as a jouneyman smith, before the service. then spent a few years assembling parts to existing stock for our uncle (not smithing just re-assembling). I specialize in sigs P-2xx series, walthers etc most smiths can't build a snow man

yep I am setting back having a few cold beers but its not at your expense, its for my accomplishment that numerous of jealous individual refuse to believe.

THIS POST IS FOR REAL, pictures for this build can be found on the Roderus gunsite
http://www.homegunsmith.com/cgi-bin/...T;f=20;t=17840

I am home builder not some guy who buys a receiver from DSA or whoever and slaps together kit and call myself a builder thats the real joke

sprat

Your posts make my head hurt...If you're proud of yourself, more power to you, but if you're truly a gunsmith like you claim to be, you of all people should know better than anyone else here what you have done is a really bad idea.
Conju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 09, 2007, 19:14   #28
Radio
Registered

Those pictures are of horrible resolution, as if they've been shot through linen and blurry besides... they could be of ANYTHING. Also, there is NO charging handle and NO locking shoulder. Furthermore, this is of SOFT STEEL that has not yet been heat treated in any fashion.
Quote:
I will answer any question on this build as long as it civil

capt jack
Why post as SPLAT here and "capt jack" there? Nobody has used that name here yet.

Your English is so poor, your photography is so laughable, and you so blithely ignore the most basic of safety standards, that I really wonder just what you're trying to accomplish with this thread.

--Radio

"You seem to fantasize about me a lot. Maybe you should tell your boyfriend? He could dress up like me or something." --K.O.A.M., November 9th, 2009

"You're better off hoping she don't miss, it's quicker that way." --ce, December 15, 2009
Old July 09, 2007, 19:17   #29
ostrobothnian
Rest in Peace
May 23, 2011

question

Quote:
OK. The first post still confuses me (kind of like gggiilllieee speak). How do you expect that a gas setting change is going to solve the "magazine bottom blowing out". With all due respect sir I believe your gunsmithing experience should tell you that you have some serious headspace issues?

I'll shut up now.

Visualize whirled peas
Old July 09, 2007, 19:42   #30
gunsmith_tony
Registered

Quote:

I do not believe your being misjudged or misinterpreted. My opinion is based on your above comments. Frankly, I just don't what to think. It's just crazy. Your lucky to not be in an ICU somewhere.
You didn't headspace before firing?
It was so far off the case neck was over expanded?
It was so far off you think the barrel needs to screw in another half turn?
Then, after that, you thought it was a good idea to try and fire another five rounds to set the gas regulator?
You may be good at doing lots of other things. But this doesn't seem to be one of them. I'm not trying to bash you...I just don't want you (or anyone near you)to get hurt.
Old July 09, 2007, 19:50   #31
AndyC
Porridge Wog
Contributor

FALaholic #: 19755
This is like watching a really spectacular car-crash about happen in slow-mo. I'm keeping Darwin Awards on speed-dial...

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 09, 2007, 20:17   #32
villafuego
Registered

FALaholic #: 4814
"I am home builder not some guy who buys a receiver from DSA or whoever and slaps together kit and call myself a builder thats the real joke"

Yeah........[post edited to remove my comments on this]

Last edited by villafuego; July 09, 2007 at 20:26.
villafuego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 09, 2007, 21:23   #33
Radio
Registered

Rapeguy, I did read the posts in the linked thread quite carefully, and squinted hard at the horrific photography. I am aware how he chambered rounds without the use of the standard charging handle. I am aware that he used some cobbled-up surface, NOT hardened like a locking shoulder and certainly not at the correct lockup angle, to accept the firing pressures, of which I am also aware was not a full load. AND I'm aware of what he calls himself on two different boards. Are you his dad or something???

You need to wake up and smell the exploding receiver, man.

--Radio

Old July 09, 2007, 21:53   #34
Abominog
Old Fart
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 372
Where are ggirlie and GP?
They will live a long time, these men of the South Pacific. They, like their victories, will be remembered as long as our generation lives. Longer and longer shadows will obscure them, until their Guadalcanal sounds distant on the ear like Shiloh and Valley Forge. --- Michener, Tales of the South Pacific

Tempus Edax Rerum
Abominog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 09, 2007, 22:00   #35
fastprofessor
Registered

FALaholic #: 13254
Sprat, don't take the previous comments the wrong way. Some of the guys come off a bit harsh, but listen to what they say. From your first post it sounds as if you have excessive head space. Plus excessive pressure is never a good thing. Don't shoot it again until you head space it correctly. Your life may depend upon it.

My position is that anybody who's in favor of gun control is a fu**ing moron.---Jackie Mason
fastprofessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10, 2007, 03:39   #36
Hebrew Battle Rifle
Horses Ass
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 5777
Anybody remember BigDuke60?
Old July 10, 2007, 11:28   #37
Bwana John
Registered

FALaholic #: 3810
Big deal, I made a 12 ga. shotgun with some 3/4" galvinised water pipe and a pipe wrench and shot it with REAL 12ga ammo... Who a needs 80% receivers and wimpy reloads?

Im more impressed with the BATF guys that zip-tyed a demilled reciever back together and got it to work.

This sounds like the guy who screwed a barrel into a new receiver, but didnt have a wrench, so he left the barrel 1 thread loose, assembled the rest of the rifle and pulled the trigger... Then had the adacity to try to sell the receiver.

Just because you can do somthing does not mean you should
Bwana John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 10, 2007, 15:58   #38
sprat
Registered

loving it

Raspie guy thank you for the words and no you are not related to me.
this is a lesson in jealousy blinding the accomplishment and yes I was trained by a euro smith to do locks, receivers by hand as they are done in the finest factories. ex: beretta they make hand made shotguns and those are highly valued, while the one's made up on the milling machine have almost no resale value. not that I am selling

headspace well yes, if you read my post I was aware of excessive headspace, this was a fire function test, nothing blew up (yet) no emergncy room needed
gee the jb in feeding ramp area didn't crack or move. the reloads were almost equal to a commerical load (not military)

the barrel threads were tapped by hand, I will need to tap deeper

sorry about the pictures, I used a disposable camera that went through the scanning device at the airport and the film was affected. for this you all get a apology

I have different screen names because I joined that site in 2002, and I joined this one recently looking for constructive advice. which I am not getting!!

its a hot one today I am gonna sit down with couple cold ones and laugh about the amount of jealousy here man did I touch a nerve

english lessons: well yes I am not real good sometimes, I have college degree and speak three languages, its content not structure with me

hay radio if you don't like the channel change the station. its always your opportunity

and last but not lest
the art of personnal destruction is a tool of the liberal democratic party, and I see its used here hummm

sprat
sprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10, 2007, 16:09   #39
ce
Registered

FALaholic #: 373
Whoa, dude, that's totally cool that you got the mad skillz from the Europeeners, man!

I can totally dig your free float forend, and your Ackley Improved chamber with the freebore leade and especially like the variable geometry locking shoulder.

Sometimes locking shoulders can be so rigid and if the angle isn't right, Dougjones will get his ass kicked by a pair of size thirteens and a german shepard out in the parking lot.

12 degrees, man, 12 degrees, don't let anybody tell you different, man, that Bugdick 60 don't know shit, man.
ce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 10, 2007, 18:08   #40
jaykden
Resident Alaskan

FALaholic #: 3800
Re: loving it

Quote:
this is a lesson in jealousy blinding the accomplishment and yes I was trained by a euro smith to do locks, receivers by hand as they are done in the finest factories. ex: beretta they make hand made shotguns and those are highly valued, while the one's made up on the milling machine have almost no resale value. not that I am selling

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you are equating your "disaster" with a beretta hand made shotgun?

you are hilarious.

i bet i can one up you by building my vewy own FAL receiver out of a block of steel with a dremel tool. all i need is:

-big block of steel
-bandaids
-dremel tool
-file
-chisel

i'll make me up an L1A1 that'll put lithgow to shame.

Old July 10, 2007, 21:55   #41
phillip
Banned again

FALaholic #: 29433

Quote:

headspace well yes, if you read my post I was aware of excessive headspace, this was a fire function test, nothing blew up (yet) no emergncy room needed
gee the jb in feeding ramp area didn't crack or move. the reloads were almost equal to a commerical load (not military)

sorry about the pictures, I used a disposable camera that went through the scanning device at the airport and the film was affected. for this you all get a apology

I have different screen names because I joined that site in 2002, and I joined this one recently looking for constructive advice. which I am not getting!!

its a hot one today I am gonna sit down with couple cold ones and laugh about the amount of jealousy here man did I touch a nerve

english lessons: well yes I am not real good sometimes, I have college degree and speak three languages, its content not structure with me

hay radio if you don't like the channel change the station. its always your opportunity

and last but not lest
the art of personnal destruction is a tool of the liberal democratic party, and I see its used here hummm

sprat

What name do you use to sell your wares on the market place?
phillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2007, 00:37   #42
Powderfinger
Registered

FALaholic #: 12897

Quote:

and last but not lest

sprat
What's yer point, asshat?

Truth is the cry of all, but the game of few. George Berkeley
Powderfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2007, 13:41   #43
Radio
Registered

Looks like I picked a bad week to quit smokin' crack.

--Radio

Old July 11, 2007, 18:33   #44
hockeysew
Registered

FALaholic #: 24163
Quote:
Originally posted by Radio
Looks like I picked a bad week to quit smokin' crack.

--Radio
+1

"I Powder with my brother Ball, hero like do conquer all"--Inscription on early flintlock Pennsylvania Rifle
hockeysew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2007, 20:36   #45
TexMac
Registered

FALaholic #: 7389
Quote:
What's yer point, asshat?
F-ing classic!

Gawd, I haven't stopped laughing from the moment I started reading this garbage!

Rail on, Compadres! Rail on! This is so clearly a comic failed attempt at suicide (likely because he forgot that was what he started to do - one brain cell using the other as a pillow to take a nap on). A hillbilly wet dream, it is!

Thank You All! (Yes, even the "Asshat", for stirring this s--t up!)

F-ing classic!
TexMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2007, 07:30   #46
Abominog
Old Fart
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 372
It's a shame really we can't get a quantity of these blanks anymore. We could have a competition who could make the best "receiver" using only hand tools and a dremel. I know mine would come out like *@&) because I've no skills, but it would be interesting none-the-less to see if I could actually get rails cut and make a BC run back and forth.
They will live a long time, these men of the South Pacific. They, like their victories, will be remembered as long as our generation lives. Longer and longer shadows will obscure them, until their Guadalcanal sounds distant on the ear like Shiloh and Valley Forge. --- Michener, Tales of the South Pacific

Tempus Edax Rerum
Abominog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2007, 12:32   #47
dougjones31
Registered

FALaholic #: 6967
This thread gives me a headache.......All BS aside..I have seen 2 of these castings completed into working guns. One was done on a milling machine and the other was done with hand tools. It was un-freaking beleivable to see carrier and top cover slots that were carved with a dremel. He said he used some small carbide cutters to cut the slots so that the cut were uniform width and depth. They were actually straighter than I would have imagined and the gun functioned fine.

My only problem with the whole concept is that the receivers are not hardened....and they will not hold up. Both guns had excessive headspace because the locking shoulder was getting pounded back and the soft receiver was giving.

I used a map torch and hardened the receiver in 3 spots...... around the barrel, around the LS and at the rear lug. The receiver wanted to warp when I heated the locking shoulder area and I ended up having to clamp it down to keep it from warping. In the end it was accomplished.....But I am not heat treater, so I am sure it is not exactly as hard as it should be. Harder than it was, but still not exactly correct. Although there are differing opinions as to the correct hardness. I do remember a thread that listed hardness readings from different receivers and they were all over the spectrum. Suffice it to say that the unhardened receiver is not going to blow up.....it will just stretch. So it is not a death wish to build or shoot one of these.
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future." --Adolf Hitler, 1935

Last edited by dougjones31; July 12, 2007 at 13:23.
dougjones31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13, 2007, 01:20   #48
Hebrew Battle Rifle
Horses Ass
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 5777
If GOD is willing, I will begin machining my receiver casting shortly. However, a Bridgeport mill and a LeBlond engine lathe, among other machines, will be employed for this project. My great grandfather was a blacksmith only because he didn't have a Number 4 Warner Swasey to work with.
Old July 13, 2007, 03:26   #49
Chalk_2
Registered

FALaholic #: 13760
If I had to guess. I think this is some Euro-Kid having a bit of fun, and trying to impress his friends. None of the crap he's saying is making much sense. I think the best thing to do is to deprive him of his much needed attention by not responding to his silly post.
Chalk_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13, 2007, 13:20   #50
dhamlin
Registered

FALaholic #: 28252
Some of you guys definately need to lighten up!
Why would you feel its your job to belittle the guy? Really, whats the deal. The guy is trying. To be honest with you , there are lots of people that I run in to on a daily basis that are supposed to be Professionals that CLEARLY are not.
I am sure most of the naysayers wouldnt even attempt what he did, sure you can hide behind"its just too dangerous". Guess what thats dangerous for YOU, not someone who is willing to try.
I agree that a little more caution should have been excercized. OK, then why not give constructive critiscism. Maybe if you Knew better you could offer some advise based on EXPERIENCE. OOPS, you dont have any.
I am planning on machining a receiver myself. I was excited to see the post. Then I read a bunch of crap?
RELAX! Maybe if the guy wasnt put on the defensive so quick this thread could have amounted to something!
I am not saying everything he did was right, but trying to help is definately better than being an "asshat".

So all that aside is there any good how to's on heat treating and milling, or is it just armchair quarterbacks that have alot to say cause 4 years ago they read something?
dhamlin is offline   Reply With Quote