The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > General Information > Reviews - products, services, and sellers

Notices

Old May 05, 2004, 17:51   #1
FWRA
Registered

FALaholic #: 24
Thumbs up Meeper the John Browning of cool new designs..my Meeper conversion...

is a work of art! This is the coolest FAL I've ever had the pleasure to shoot...in .50 Beowulf, in 7.62x25, in .308 and in .223.

My favorite? (if I can pick just one) That's the .50 Beowulf which in this weapon system is a pussycat to shoot. I blasted through a box of ammo (20 rounds) in about 10 minutes and with my Eotech/ARMS mt combo it was simple to chew out the center bull of a .22 50 yard target at 25 yards. (my local 25 yd indoor range) This one uses USGI 30 rd mags and these hold 10 Beowulf cartridges which is a bunch of knockdown power in one mag.

I'll take this baby to Tusco at one of the plate shoots and this one should do the trick in short order. This would be one fine weapon for use in the sands of Iraq. The ultimate "M4" type weapon with real knockdown power.....YEAH BABY!
The ammo isn't light to carry.... but oh well. One solid shot to the head....and no head left. Ain't that an ugly thought.

Thanks Meeper! Beautiful finish work, superb machine work and a flawless FAL multi caliber system.

FWRA
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a!-50 beowulf carbine-meeper review.jpg (31.8 KB, 507 views)

FWRA

I'm very pleased with each advancing year. It stems back to when I was forty. I was a bit upset about reaching that milestone, but an older friend consoled me. 'Don't complain about growing old - many, many people do not have that privilege.'
Earl Warren (1891 - 1974), Chief Justice

Last edited by FWRA; May 05, 2004 at 18:06.
FWRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2004, 17:54   #2
FWRA
Registered

Here's the whole system.....

(top to bottom: 7.62x25, .223, .308 and the mighty .50 Beowulf. )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meeper conversion-four calibers-a1 review.jpg (37.9 KB, 504 views)

FWRA

I'm very pleased with each advancing year. It stems back to when I was forty. I was a bit upset about reaching that milestone, but an older friend consoled me. 'Don't complain about growing old - many, many people do not have that privilege.'

Old May 05, 2004, 19:09   #3
Ricketts
Registered

FALaholic #: 3418
Mailed mine to him yesterday and damn it, it isn't back yet!!!
Old May 05, 2004, 20:22   #4
FWRA
Registered

Hi Ricketts! Don't worry....your's will be here before you know it.

The really neat thing? It will be in this config.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meeper para possible.jpg (30.2 KB, 466 views)

FWRA

Old June 01, 2004, 22:44   #5
FootLongCuban
Registered

FALaholic #: 1002
Ok, It takes alot to get me to actually type a message these days. But I saw Marks post about meeps .50 Beuwolf FAL and I have to say, thats got my attention.

How much?
Old June 03, 2004, 22:42   #6
FWRA
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by FootLongCuban
Ok, It takes alot to get me to actually type a message these days. But I saw Marks post about meeps .50 Beuwolf FAL and I have to say, thats got my attention.

How much?
Hey Russ! Great to hear from you again.

Pricing depends alot on what you want....and on whether you want a conversion FAL or a dedicated .50 Beowulf Fal. I love this dang .50 so much I probablty should have had a dedicated .50 Beowulf built.

Call Vern and he'll give you options and pricing based on your needs.

I know this sounds like I'm waffling on price....(I am) but Vern will fill you in.
I really don't want anyone to know how much I spent on this system. I will tell you it was worth every dollar I spent for it though.

Hope your business is flourishing!

Mark

FWRA