The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > News & Current Events

Notices

Old January 02, 2018, 07:43   #51
TedKennedy
Registered

FALaholic #: 77344
Just curious - why does anyone give a crap who pumps gas in Oregon?

If the good citizens of Oregon want it that way, so be it. Good grief, if the Feds were forcing them to do it, folks would be shouting "State's Rights!".

I like it here in Oklahoma - we pump our own gas, right now at 2.14 a gallon.
TedKennedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 08:18   #52
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebsuta View Post
Somebody may have touched the box putting it on the shelf. You should get a hazmat uniform.
Honestly I worked as an equipment operator for a company that had contracts with a local rare metals outfit. They wanted to train a contractor and employees how to clean up a spill while wearing a hazmat suit. Hazmat team #5 spent many hours training us how to stay alive and part of that was cleaning up after contamination. Most folks have no idea what is dangerous around the house or in the truck next to you on the freeway, can you read the placard on a truck? How many ways can gasoline kill you ?
Old January 02, 2018, 08:52   #53
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Lemmee gues -----Prius owner ????

Just funning with ya, Jim, you had to figure someone was gonna jump on the chance to tweak ya a little

But still.......

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 08:57   #54
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Armstrong View Post
Lemmee gues -----Prius owner ????

Just funning with ya, Jim, you had to figure someone was gonna jump on the chance to tweak ya a little

But still.......
If I had to pump my own gas I would go electric
Old January 02, 2018, 09:07   #55
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
Gas pump handles are no cleaner or worse than the money in your wallet.
Credit card machines.........same thing; punch them keys, swipe them cards.

Until the advent of self serve pumps in the 80's, kids could get jobs pumping gas. I pumped a lot of gas as a college student in the 60's.

Go to any vintage car show on a hot summer day, and smell the gas vapors coming out of vented fuel tanks and carburetors.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 09:20   #56
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
Gas pump handles are no cleaner or worse than the money in your wallet.
Credit card machines.........same thing; punch them keys, swipe them cards.

Until the advent of self serve pumps in the 80's, kids could get jobs pumping gas. I pumped a lot of gas as a college student in the 60's.

Go to any vintage car show on a hot summer day, and smell the gas vapors coming out of vented fuel tanks and carburetors.
Ever watch the show Typhoid Mary? Ya there is no way you can stop exposure to germs but there is no reason not to avoid a lot of exposure. I keep a small bottle of hand sanitizer around in the winter and use it after I handle anything other people handle. I touch my face a lot so clean hands are kinda important.

I pumped gas in highschool when I got a work permit, Bud died so I went to Farleys Arco until school started. Worked as a dishwasher nights when school started, all my friends had jobs while going to school.
Old January 02, 2018, 09:46   #57
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
One good thing about cold weather = germ death

"DON'T do business with this guy" (me) in the Marketplace.
Twenty years of (+) across the innerwebs are wrong...
TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 09:55   #58
TedKennedy
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
Ever watch the show Typhoid Mary? Ya there is no way you can stop exposure to germs but there is no reason not to avoid a lot of exposure. I keep a small bottle of hand sanitizer around in the winter and use it after I handle anything other people handle. I touch my face a lot so clean hands are kinda important.

I pumped gas in highschool when I got a work permit, Bud died so I went to Farleys Arco until school started. Worked as a dishwasher nights when school started, all my friends had jobs while going to school.
You're not building any immunity by isolating yourself. Superflu is gonna take your kind out while us dirty guys carry on.
Old January 02, 2018, 10:07   #59
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedKennedy View Post
You're not building any immunity by isolating yourself. Superflu is gonna take your kind out while us dirty guys carry on.
Old people die of pneumonia naturally, you get old by avoiding those things that make you ill. Do you rub your hands on the toilet seat then rub your face to build up immunities? Why not?
Old January 02, 2018, 10:25   #60
Bawana jim
Registered

It really tickles me that ya'll are so proud you pump your own gas, do you get your own food in the restaurants too?
Old January 02, 2018, 10:27   #61
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
It really tickles me that ya'll are so proud you pump your own gas, do you get your own food in the restaurants too?
Only at the Buffett...Jimmy.

Old January 02, 2018, 10:39   #62
TedKennedy
Registered

Quote:
Old people die of pneumonia naturally, you get old by avoiding those things that make you ill. Do you rub your hands on the toilet seat then rub your face to build up immunities? Why not?
I don't generally do that, but I do get my face down in some warm, damp areas that could be considered great conditions for germs/bacteria.

We over-wash ourselves, and isolate ourselves too much. Hygiene is great, and some basic cleanliness has prevented much disease, but like anything else except guns and ammo, too much is harmful.
Old January 02, 2018, 11:00   #63
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenTea View Post
Only at the Buffett...Jimmy.
Don't get me started on buffets. So damn disgusting, it takes a lot of doing to get me to go to one and when I'm finally brow beat into the place, one little off color incident and I'm done. I'm trying to avoid the rant.

Someone mentioned money, as in cash. Yes, also extremely nasty. I don't like to use or handle it and rarely do. Joe kept that $5 bill wadded up next to his sweaty ball sack all day at work then took it to the titty bar and stuffed it into some ho's perfumed greasy cooter or sweaty ass crack. This was after it was handled by unwashed dick beaters and booger coated, ass scratching, diaper changing, puke cleaning fingers and hands of the last few hundred thousand people who touched it.
Old January 02, 2018, 11:17   #64
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkshooter View Post
Don't get me started on buffets. So damn disgusting, it takes a lot of doing to get me to go to one and when I'm finally brow beat into the place, one little off color incident and I'm done. I'm trying to avoid the rant.

Someone mentioned money, as in cash. Yes, also extremely nasty. I don't like to use or handle it and rarely do. Joe kept that $5 bill wadded up next to his sweaty ball sack all day at work then took it to the titty bar and stuffed it into some ho's perfumed greasy cooter or sweaty ass crack. This was after it was handled by unwashed dick beaters and booger coated, ass scratching, diaper changing, puke cleaning fingers and hands of the last few hundred thousand people who touched it.
I sense you have a low opinion of humanity as a whole.

Old January 02, 2018, 11:21   #65
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Quote:
And I concur with his judgement !!!

What was the old saw - "never underestimate the stupidity of the general public" or something to that effect ?

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 11:24   #66
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:

strategy of the buffet is be there first before the unclean masses get there. Hand sanitizer is your friend when you use cash.
Old January 02, 2018, 11:34   #67
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

unclean mass!

Old January 02, 2018, 11:35   #68
Riversidesports
Banned
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
meh' my view is nobody should need to defend State law or policy with wing flapping gestures regarding Ickypoo Cootie GERMS !
much less idiot commentary on gas fumes.

Oregone in the head law dates back to the 50s on this. It was basic Make Work BS, same with NJ laws on this.
And yeah you clowns all pay at the pump for it. There are no free lunches folks.

Up though the 90s it was a damn cool State, these days not so much in my opinion. Washington was once cool as hell too. I divested myself of all real estate holding I had in both States left to me by family. Wonderful properties I just couldn't deal with the laws or taxation level. More power to those who still want to live there but don't complain then when they go even dumber. No shits given here.

Just tons of great folks on the Left Coast. Heck there are parts of California that are just militantly Conservative.

All this said attempting to justify west coast crap in this thread is totally over the top now.

I'm sorry but exposure to fumes at the pumps is nothing
where you get a big dose is filling the lawnmower, 4 wheeler, rottatiller, weed wacker, etc at home. Way more so than Gas Stations

As far as germy Cooties go, well you characters realize just walking in a public restroom you are standing on piss that you then transfer to your home and car and who knows how close the dollar bills you have were stuffed up near some stripper's Hep C Gooch.

Your local butcher lets a stinky fart go while grinding meat ?
Well your burger is mixed with particles of Shit.

Flour has an allowable percentage of rodent feces and bugs so think on that too.
Man my ex hated me for pointing these facts out to her.

BJ Jim is right though, you try to limit contact
I rarely eat out & never do the sample trays at Grocery stores. Just too many booger picking kids sticking their contaminated fingers in everything.
Then you have all the assholes with pets licking their assholes
Never been that comfortable around those with Dogs dragging their asses everywhere in the human home. Whole home is tainted with dog shit.

Don't get me started on litterboxes.
Birds are really bad. You end up with trace levels of shit everywhere in your home.

To the remarks regarding cold weather
Yeah my temps kill off plenty of germs, been below -20 for a number of days now, supposed to warm up to maybe -15 tomorow and plunge back down to the -20s the next day. With the breeze it's actually -40s.
it does wipe out most bacteria, does nothing to most viruses which are the real problem.

Children are incubators
undeveloped immune system & we expose them hardcore. They come home from school infecting the adults. The irresponsible then take them to Grocery store and libraries, etc to tag and transfer
Yeah kids are a huge disease vector compared to transfers elsewhere.

Churches are seriously bad for transfer as well, much worse than Gas Stations or Grocery stores due to the time the infected are in them coupled with often basic HVAC systems and minimal sanitation.
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 11:45   #69
Riversidesports
Banned
Silver Contributor

Quote:
well he likely grew up schooled with Gurls having Cooties which they do:

https://academic.oup.com/cid/article/32/4/e69/467047

guess it's much easier to swab a dick down with betadyne or H2O2 to sanitize it for some Filer's pleasures
Old January 02, 2018, 11:53   #70
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post
well he likely grew up schooled with Gurls having Cooties which they do:

https://academic.oup.com/cid/article/32/4/e69/467047

guess it's much easier to swab a dick down with betadyne or H2O2 to sanitize it for some Filer's pleasures
Filers demand only the finest cuts, even when ground.

A discriminating lot, we are.

eta: Apologies, I ought not speak for all.

Last edited by TenTea; January 02, 2018 at 11:55. Reason: who do I think I am?
Old January 02, 2018, 12:06   #71
Impala_Guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 55819
Quote:
Don't forget the cocaine and meth residue. Like a physicist searching for the God particle, Howard Hughes spent the entire 2nd half of his life pondering the enormity of such things. Did it ever occur to you folks that that $5 I dedicated to Slavicshooter and stuffed into the hairiest crack of the most elongated pair of single-mother butt cheeks I could find actually serves to immunize y'all from the plagues of the Earth?

Besides, you should be much more afraid of those clouds of brake dust, vulcanized rubber, and dried up / pulverized rat turds that saturate the first 500 meters of the Troposphere and that we inhale constantly the minute we step out of our front doors. And to think that medical researchers claim to be mystified as to why cancer rates have climbed steadily since 1900.

Last edited by Impala_Guy; January 02, 2018 at 12:15.
Impala_Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 12:15   #72
Riversidesports
Banned
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Filers demand only the finest cuts, even when ground.

A discriminating lot, we are.

eta: Apologies, I ought not speak for all.
dunno Tea, I tend to think this whole thread is contaminated by silly shit

Knew a gal who washed at a public laundry
She ran the washer one full cycle with two cups of bleach, air dried her clothes on lines in her living room
yeah, real loosey goosey nutty Vegan type

anyways humans are hardly sterile germless bodies
Old January 02, 2018, 12:23   #73
Riversidesports
Banned
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala_Guy View Post
Don't forget the cocaine and meth residue. Like a physicist searching for the God particle, Howard Hughes spent the entire 2nd half of his life pondering the enormity of such things. Did it ever occur to you folks that that $5 I dedicated to Slavicshooter and stuffed into the hairiest crack of the most elongated pair of single-mother butt cheeks I could find actually serves to immunize y'all from the plagues of the Earth?

Besides, you should be much more afraid of those clouds of brake dust, vulcanized rubber, and dried up / pulverized rat turds that saturate the first 500 meters of the Troposphere and that we inhale constantly the minute we step out of our front doors. And to think that medical researchers claim to be mystified as to why cancer rates have climbed steadily since 1900.
Always wondered if the cancer rates were not due to other environmental factors such as EM pollution, the advent of household electricity & radio than anything else.

You have cancer in most all parts of the planet now
Old January 02, 2018, 12:35   #74
Col. Bat Guano
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 39349
Quote:
I'd rather be like Bear Grylls and eat grubs and drink elephant shit-water before going through a buffet or eating at a potluck dinner.
Old January 02, 2018, 12:37   #75
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
dunno Tea, I tend to think this whole thread is contaminated by silly shit

Knew a gal who washed at a public laundry
She ran the washer one full cycle with two cups of bleach, air dried her clothes on lines in her living room
yeah, real loosey goosey nutty Vegan type

anyways humans are hardly sterile germless bodies
When I lived in Oregon, not pumping my own gas or paying retail sales tax, I was a poor starving college student...living on Ramen, eggs and Reagan cheese.
Did my laundry in the bathtub (where girls bathed) many times with my hands and feet to agitate (wash) and wring (spin).
I would dry the clothes outside on a rope strung between two ornamental birch trees...you know with the brake dust, rubber and rat feces in the air.
My body was a chemistry set!

It may kill me yet...

Old January 02, 2018, 13:03   #76
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
I don't generally do that, but I do get my face down in some warm, damp areas that could be considered great conditions for germs/bacteria.

We over-wash ourselves, and isolate ourselves too much. Hygiene is great, and some basic cleanliness has prevented much disease, but like anything else except guns and ammo, too much is harmful.
Hell yes!!!!

Done on a frequent basis, will add 15 years to an otherwise normal life span.
Old January 02, 2018, 13:06   #77
SWOHFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 34346
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coburn View Post
Doesn't the fuel I just spilled all over my hands sterilize the pump handle?

I noticed they go thru employees a lot at Michigan's self serve gas stations. The former employees all died,eh?
Yeah, nothing can live on those for long.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 13:11   #78
TedKennedy
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Hell yes!!!!

...or at least make the present time much more enjoyable....
Old January 02, 2018, 13:17   #79
Riversidesports
Banned
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Hell yes!!!!

Cmon' we both know they are unclean and not allowed in to certain parts of the temple
Old January 02, 2018, 13:19   #80
TedKennedy
Registered

Quote:
Cmon' we both know they are unclean and not allowed in to certain parts of the temple
LOL, good dessert after catfish fried in bacon grease.
Old January 02, 2018, 13:26   #81
Riversidesports
Banned
Silver Contributor

Quote:
LOL, good dessert after catfish fried in bacon grease.
Hey I love unclean things Ted
Old January 02, 2018, 13:59   #82
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
...or at least make the present time much more enjoyable....
Done several times a week, even heard it regrows hair on a bald headed fellow.
Old January 02, 2018, 15:02   #83
Riversidesports
Banned
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Done several times a week, even heard it regrows hair on a bald headed fellow.
nasty old bastard
Old January 02, 2018, 17:25   #84
gew98
Registered

FALaholic #: 32830
Location: away from taxation without representation , Kentucky !.
Quote:
Hell yes!!!!

Agreed !!!. Anyone here familiar with the "ancient" BBC series titled Ripping Yarns.... starring Michael Palin. There was one episode where a little tyke had an uncle whom collected diseases..., by getting them. Was funny as all hell.
I could relate a good old fashioned story of being in boot and having an eye turn purple and near swell shut. Make a long story short it was chlamydia culture in the eye. OU812.

1) Culture builds upon the past
2) The past always tries to control the future.
3) Our future is becoming less free
4) To build free societies you must limit control of the past.

All hail lord IMPOTUS and Darth Biden All hail.
gew98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 19:33   #85
kfranz
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 101
Quote:
meh' my view is nobody should need to defend State law or policy with wing flapping gestures regarding Ickypoo Cootie GERMS !
much less idiot commentary on gas fumes.

Oregone in the head law dates back to the 50s on this. It was basic Make Work BS, same with NJ laws on this.
And yeah you clowns all pay at the pump for it. There are no free lunches folks.

Up though the 90s it was a damn cool State, these days not so much in my opinion. Washington was once cool as hell too. I divested myself of all real estate holding I had in both States left to me by family. Wonderful properties I just couldn't deal with the laws or taxation level. More power to those who still want to live there but don't complain then when they go even dumber. No shits given here.

Just tons of great folks on the Left Coast. Heck there are parts of California that are just militantly Conservative.

All this said attempting to justify west coast crap in this thread is totally over the top now.

I'm sorry but exposure to fumes at the pumps is nothing
where you get a big dose is filling the lawnmower, 4 wheeler, rottatiller, weed wacker, etc at home. Way more so than Gas Stations

As far as germy Cooties go, well you characters realize just walking in a public restroom you are standing on piss that you then transfer to your home and car and who knows how close the dollar bills you have were stuffed up near some stripper's Hep C Gooch.

Your local butcher lets a stinky fart go while grinding meat ?
Well your burger is mixed with particles of Shit.

Flour has an allowable percentage of rodent feces and bugs so think on that too.
Man my ex hated me for pointing these facts out to her.

BJ Jim is right though, you try to limit contact
I rarely eat out & never do the sample trays at Grocery stores. Just too many booger picking kids sticking their contaminated fingers in everything.
Then you have all the assholes with pets licking their assholes
Never been that comfortable around those with Dogs dragging their asses everywhere in the human home. Whole home is tainted with dog shit.

Don't get me started on litterboxes.
Birds are really bad. You end up with trace levels of shit everywhere in your home.

To the remarks regarding cold weather
Yeah my temps kill off plenty of germs, been below -20 for a number of days now, supposed to warm up to maybe -15 tomorow and plunge back down to the -20s the next day. With the breeze it's actually -40s.
it does wipe out most bacteria, does nothing to most viruses which are the real problem.

Children are incubators
undeveloped immune system & we expose them hardcore. They come home from school infecting the adults. The irresponsible then take them to Grocery store and libraries, etc to tag and transfer
Yeah kids are a huge disease vector compared to transfers elsewhere.

Churches are seriously bad for transfer as well, much worse than Gas Stations or Grocery stores due to the time the infected are in them coupled with often basic HVAC systems and minimal sanitation.
Spend time around the booger eaters, they exercise and strengthen your immune system. I work with near germophobes, constantly "disinfecting" everything. On the other hand, I eat the stuff kids make in class, stuff they bring from home for their birthday, whatever, I'm in all of it. I don't bother with the flu shot, as it is for me a guaranteed two days of feeling under the weather and I have never had influenza with shot or without. I'm sick almost never, which is less than the germ avoiders. A sample of one, yes I know, but statistics aren't statistics when they are specific to you.
kfranz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 20:06   #86
badzero
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 65818
I've been waiting for someone to ask the obvious. Do you princeesses have to take your lawnmowers, snowmobiles and chainsaws in to the station to be filled up or do the attendants come on site to fill them for you?

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
badzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 20:27   #87
Riversidesports
Banned
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by badzero View Post
I've been waiting for someone to ask the obvious. Do you princeesses have to take your lawnmowers, snowmobiles and chainsaws in to the station to be filled up or do the attendants come on site to fill them for you?
uh' in case you didn't know, BJ lives in an efficiency apartment
Old January 02, 2018, 23:01   #88
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by badzero View Post
Is it cold back there right now? We just have them fill up a container then take it home to fill our machines. Orgonians are smart like that, bring the fuel to the machine but you guys do it your way.

Last edited by Bawana jim; January 03, 2018 at 11:52.
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 03, 2018, 11:30   #89
medicmike
Get off my lawn
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 03, 2018, 11:35   #90
21HK
Registered

FALaholic #: 52556
21HK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 03, 2018, 12:22   #91
alphadog58
Registered

FALaholic #: 9405
Quote:
Jeez Jim, how are you going to keep your immune system strong if you don’t give it something to do? I have to interact with the general public on a daily basis. My avoidance of germs consists of not touching my face with my hands.
Larry

"Man, I know. Ever'body funny, you funny, too." George Thorogood
alphadog58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 03, 2018, 12:26   #92
badzero
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 65818
Quote:
Is it cold back there right now? We just have them fill up a container then take it home to fill our machines. Orgonians are smart like that, bring the fuel to the machine but you guys do it your way.
I see the irony of having someone else fill the gas can from a state certified pump for you and then you having to fill your own equipment in an uncontrolled environment with a can that may or may not meet the government set safety standards is lost on you.

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
badzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 03, 2018, 12:55   #93
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog58 View Post
Jeez Jim, how are you going to keep your immune system strong if you don’t give it something to do? I have to interact with the general public on a daily basis. My avoidance of germs consists of not touching my face with my hands.
Larry
I pretty much stay away from the public, most people I ever see is at a gun show or a restaurant. My immunity must be pretty good as I said because I haven't had a cold or flu in many years. I can't quit touching my face, sinuses bother me from gas heat and I need to eat every day.

Friend goes in for flu shot every year and is sick about two weeks a year but he is around the public making deliveries. I worked on a road crew for decades and you just see filthy crap all the time. Company water jug is the 10 gallon orange push to drink despencer. Guys go piss then press the drinking water button with their dick hands to wash their hands. So you take your own water.

Working outdoors built up plenty of immunity.
Old January 03, 2018, 15:56   #94
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

I kissed a little gal last night, A LOT, among other germ sharing activities and damn, still feel pretty good today, so much in fact, plan to repeat the behavior of germ spreading this evening!!!!

Some people need to wash their hands every time they go to bathroom, other folks are taught just don't piss on your hands!