Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Politics

Notices

Old August 19, 2017, 07:23   #1
LYCAN
Registered

FALaholic #: 20840
Thumbs up Bannon, POST-Resignation - still Supports Trump

Quote:

“If there’s any confusion out there, let me clear it up: I’m leaving the White House and going to war for Trump against his opponents -- on Capitol Hill, in the media, and in corporate America,” Bannon told Bloomberg News Friday in his first public comments after his departure was announced.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cid=spartanntp
LYCAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 19, 2017, 08:16   #2
pat701
Registered

FALaholic #: 13245
IMHO, Trump needed 4 other guys as out spoken as Bannon, in his inner circle. JMHO
pat701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19, 2017, 08:37   #3
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
Bannon gave Trump credibilty that he was the real thing. He will continue to do so, and now have a free hand to really stoke the fires.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 19, 2017, 08:53   #4
LYCAN
Registered

it also snips the media lie, that he was 'Fired'
Old August 19, 2017, 09:20   #5
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Let loose the Kracken....
Old August 19, 2017, 10:41   #6
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
I doubt seriously Bannon was the source of any leaks. Hopefully,this gives Trump the ability to tighten up the outgoing messages,and form a more unified and uniform messaging system.
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 19, 2017, 19:27   #7
juanni
TROLL

FALaholic #: 2439
Trump has fizzled out, and been outmaneuvered by the R establishment.

Bannon went to DC and now sees how the swamp really works.

Bannon will support Trump if Trump adheres to his campaign promises, otherwise he will be in opposition.
Expect him to be a lot in opposition and to be constantly attacking the Rs.

Sorta like me.

.................juanni
Old August 21, 2017, 16:40   #8
juanni
TROLL

We didn't have to wait long for clarification.

“We’re in a loud bar celebrating the return of our captain!” Breitbart’s Washington editor Matt Boyle told me on Friday night. Breitbart’s defense of Trump has so far helped keep the Russia scandal from gaining traction on the right. But that could swiftly change if Trump, under the influence of Kushner and Cohn, deviates too far from the positions he ran on. If that happens, said one high-level Breitbart staffer, “We’re prepared to help Paul Ryan rally votes for impeachment.”

Gee, sounds like something I said.

................juanni
Old August 21, 2017, 20:24   #9
SWOHFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 34346
Well, who is he going to find any better at this point who can still make a difference?

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2017, 23:34   #10
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post
Trump has fizzled out, and been outmaneuvered by the R establishment.

.................juanni
He did better than Ron Paul though.
Old August 21, 2017, 23:43   #11
Right Side Up
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 43
I've never been impressed with Trump. The only reason he's president is because he was the lesser of two evils. He doesn't have a clue how to persuade people to do what he wants. He might have been an ok dictator, but ineffective as president.
Right Side Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 22, 2017, 09:00   #12
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Right Side Up View Post
I've never been impressed with Trump. The only reason he's president is because he was the lesser of two evils. He doesn't have a clue how to persuade people to do what he wants. He might have been an ok dictator, but ineffective as president.
Ok, tell us who would have been a better potus.
Old August 22, 2017, 12:56   #13
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebsuta View Post
He did better than Ron Paul though.
Well if you mean better by being elected prez verses only running true, but you have to consider the mental dysfunction of the voters into the scorecard.

I know you aren't a thinker Mebs, but don't you consider it conflicting that R voters elected Trump for 'change' and yet overwhelmingly re elected entrenched R swamp critters that are opposed to any of the 'change' Trump campaigned on?

................juanni
Old August 22, 2017, 13:02   #14
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOHFAL View Post
Well, who is he going to find any better at this point who can still make a difference?
There isn't going to be any change from the R party, it must be decimated or abandoned.
Bannon is willing to do either or both to get the change that Trump campaigned on.
Trump will either fight for the changes, and likely lose while fighting or not even try be abandoned and attacked by Bannon.

................juanni
Old August 23, 2017, 00:00   #15
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

Quote:
Well if you mean better by being elected prez verses only running true, but you have to consider the mental dysfunction of the voters into the scorecard.

I know you aren't a thinker Mebs, but don't you consider it conflicting that R voters elected Trump for 'change' and yet overwhelmingly re elected entrenched R swamp critters that are opposed to any of the 'change' Trump campaigned on?

................juanni
Martin35 voted for Ron Paul more times than you.
Old August 23, 2017, 15:56   #16
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebsuta View Post
Martin35 voted for Ron Paul more times than you.
Yes well Mini McCain lived in Ron's district and voted a straight R ticket, like you so he really didn't have much choice.

However I voted for Ron all three times he could have made a difference by being in the WH.
Instead we got more of the same including several ME wars where we win nothing, one now going on 16 years.

Mission Accomplished!!

...............juanni
Old August 23, 2017, 17:46   #17
STG_58_guy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 65886
Quote:
Yes well Mini McCain lived in Ron's district and voted a straight R ticket, like you so he really didn't have much choice.

However I voted for Ron all three times he could have made a difference by being in the WH.
Instead we got more of the same including several ME wars where we win nothing, one now going on 16 years.

Mission Accomplished!!

...............juanni
You think Trump is more of the same? I appreciate your libertarian stance, and sometimes I agree with you, but if you believe that you are an idiot.

Trump is a stick in the eye to TPTB. Jeeze, watch his speech in Pheonix. He's telling them to FO. I couldn't be more pleased and I can't stand the guy. I should say I couldn't stand the guy. He's the best president we could have hoped for.

I don't agree with his politics but I'm 100 percent behind him. He's not a politician. Just what we needed.
STG_58_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23, 2017, 18:00   #18
Bawana jim
Registered

Good old Ron Paul, leader of the free world and able to get bills passed. How about his record, is this site reliable...

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread789930/pg1

They say he sponsered bills for 14 years and only got one passed. Now there is a choice for leadership.

Yet Trump has been in office for 8 months and signed how many bills?

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...-so-far?page=2
Old August 23, 2017, 19:21   #19
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
Good old Ron Paul, leader of the free world and able to get bills passed. How about his record, is this site reliable...

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread789930/pg1

They say he sponsered bills for 14 years and only got one passed. Now there is a choice for leadership.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...-so-far?page=2
Indeed. Reminiscent of the Monty Python classic 'Life of Brian', particularly the scene where they were arguing about whether they were the People's Front of Judea or the Judean People's Front. J would be right there with RP, utterly convinced that not accomplishing anything at all was somehow a better thing than rolling up the ol' sleeves and getting his hands dirty once in a while.

In RPs case it's worth mentioning that since he left he's been out hawking gold to anyone who will listen, which is generally them that can least afford to go down that rathole. Personally I find that a bit disappointing.
Old August 23, 2017, 19:29   #20
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
Indeed. Reminiscent of the Monty Python classic 'Life of Brian', particularly the scene where they were arguing about whether they were the People's Front of Judea or the Judean People's Front. J would be right there with RP, utterly convinced that not accomplishing anything at all was somehow a better thing than rolling up the ol' sleeves and getting his hands dirty once in a while.

In RPs case it's worth mentioning that since he left he's been out hawking gold to anyone who will listen, which is generally them that can least afford to go down that rathole. Personally I find that a bit disappointing.
j doesn't know what a leader does so he certianly can't pick a winner. Funny he can search history like a champ but can't even look up his choices record.. and we are supposed to believe the history j post
Old August 23, 2017, 22:39   #21
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by STG_58_guy View Post
You think Trump is more of the same? I appreciate your libertarian stance, and sometimes I agree with you, but if you believe that you are an idiot.
pssss.......Paul ran for prez in 88, 08 and 12 pretty sure Trump didn't in those years.

Bush I, Buttstain McCain and Romney.......yep, 'more of the same'.

.....................juanni
Old August 23, 2017, 22:43   #22
juanni
TROLL

Quote:

I dunno, but he signed one for sanctions against Russia for non existent vote meddling.

Now that is progress!!

Old August 23, 2017, 22:47   #23
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
You really are completely clueless.

How is passing bills with the approval and the votes of the deep state politicians a measure of success for liberty, freedom or smaller govt?

Old August 24, 2017, 06:24   #24
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
You really are completely clueless.

How is passing bills with the approval and the votes of the deep state politicians a measure of success for liberty, freedom or smaller govt?

In the political world, action is the measure of success. Action in terms of passing or, at least theoretically repealing legislation. It's the reason we have a congress in the first place.

Talk about completely clueless ...
Old August 24, 2017, 07:06   #25
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

Quote:

Mission Accomplished!!

...............juanni
You can put this in your list of great libertarian party victories.
Old August 24, 2017, 08:34   #26
D P Six
Registered

FALaholic #: 15219
Always wondered why political remora's resign and are not fired?
D P Six is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 24, 2017, 10:19   #27
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
In the political world, action is the measure of success. Action in terms of passing or, at least theoretically repealing legislation. It's the reason we have a congress in the first place.
Oh?

Which bills that Trump signed significantly increased our liberty/freedom and or slashed spending/govt??

Here is a list as of July 3rd, 41 bills.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-ar...mp-has-signed/

None huh. Most are just paperwork, appointments, renaming courthouses, etc....
Here is the winner though, Feb. 16, 2017: H.J.Res 38: To repeal Obama Admin rule barring dumping of surface mining waste into streams.
Let the mine waste flow!

So the obvious question is why do you always support making govt bigger and personal liberty smaller?

................juanni

Last edited by juanni; August 24, 2017 at 10:29.
juanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 24, 2017, 10:31   #28
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Oh?

Which bills that Trump signed significantly increased our liberty/freedom and or slashed spending/govt??

None huh.

So the obvious question is why do you always support making govt bigger and personal liberty smaller?

................juanni
No. My comment was directed at your self-evidently ludicrous assertion that RP has somehow done anything that might be labeled an accomplishment. And since you brought up Trump I might remind you that you yourself have acknowledged voting for him and as such I'll invite you to go first and suggest how he has significantly increased our liberty/freedom or managed to slash spending/govt? Oh hell, I'm in a generous mood today so never mind the Donald, tell me how RP has, as you put it, 'significantly increased our liberty/freedom or slashed spending/govt'?

Yep. What I thought. As to 'supporting govt bigger and personal liberty smaller', whatever it is you're smoking you need to take that to market.
Old August 24, 2017, 13:07   #29
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
No. My comment was directed at your self-evidently ludicrous assertion that RP has somehow done anything that might be labeled an accomplishment. And since you brought up Trump I might remind you that you yourself have acknowledged voting for him and as such I'll invite you to go first and suggest how he has significantly increased our liberty/freedom or managed to slash spending/govt? Oh hell, I'm in a generous mood today so never mind the Donald, tell me how RP has, as you put it, 'significantly increased our liberty/freedom or slashed spending/govt'?

Yep. What I thought. As to 'supporting govt bigger and personal liberty smaller', whatever it is you're smoking you need to take that to market.
Opposing the growth of govt which Paul did by voting NO time after time is an accomplishment IF the goal is smaller govt.

Introducing bills seeking to reduce govt power (such as audit the FED) in a congress that only seeks to increase govt power is an accomplishment.

Voting yes on bills that only grow govt ( business as usual) or signing bills sent from a business as usual congress only grows govt and decreases personal liberty.
^ Because you love big govt, as most here do you see that as a positive accomplishment.

...................juanni
Old August 24, 2017, 13:22   #30
juanni
TROLL

Quote:

You are becoming dyslectic Bubbs.
I wrote..

innauj ............
Old August 24, 2017, 13:44   #31
STG_58_guy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 65886
Quote:

I thought I heard him hawking food freeze dryers too.
STG_58_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24, 2017, 14:13   #32
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Opposing the growth of govt which Paul did by voting NO time after time is an accomplishment IF the goal is smaller govt.

Introducing bills seeking to reduce govt power (such as audit the FED) in a congress that only seeks to increase govt power is an accomplishment.

Voting yes on bills that only grow govt ( business as usual) or signing bills sent from a business as usual congress only grows govt and decreases personal liberty.
^ Because you love big govt, as most here do you see that as a positive accomplishment.

...................juanni
Preventing it would have been an accomplishment. Voting 'no' is simply pissing into the wind. And if you think it's anything else then don't look down you may see something you don't like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STG_58_guy View Post
I thought I heard him hawking food freeze dryers too.
Now that you mention it ...
Old August 24, 2017, 14:15   #33
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
You are becoming dyslectic Bubbs.
I wrote..

innauj ............
I gave it the attention it deserved. Good that you noticed, hope does spring eternal.
Old August 24, 2017, 18:04   #34
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
I gave it the attention it deserved. Good that you noticed, hope does spring eternal.
Oh, I have noticed you support big, bloated, unsustainable govt for long time.
You never fooled me.

................juanni
Old January 02, 2018, 13:37   #35
Right Side Up
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

Bannon's supporting Trump by calling him an 11 year old child. :-)

https://www.mediaite.com/online/bann...ear-old-child/
Old January 02, 2018, 13:47   #36
LYCAN
Registered

Bannon has more of my support then Trump does.

I support Trump, but find no folley in Bannon.

So what is your point RSU?

Wait, don't answer. Trick question. I don't care.
Old January 02, 2018, 13:53   #37
Right Side Up
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

Gonna answer anyway.

I'm liking Trump a lot these days. It appears Bannon is just trying to stay relevant.
Old January 02, 2018, 14:06   #38
LYCAN
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Right Side Up View Post
Gonna answer anyway.

I'm liking Trump a lot these days. It appears Bannon is just trying to stay relevant.
Just being honest, you never seemed to like Trump, and thats watering it down.

To each - his own, though.
Old January 03, 2018, 09:14   #39
ramiller
Registered

FALaholic #: 3674
For those of you that follow military imports from foreign countries and other releases from our military please note since Trump is president 1911 military pistols are being released at the rate of 9,000 for 2018 and 10,000 for 2019. Also there are approximately 40,000 M1 rifles being brought back from the other countries . Is there anyone that can tell me this would have happened if Hillery was elected president and any excuse why Obama could not have done this while he was in office?
ramiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 03, 2018, 12:01   #40
Impala_Guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 55819
This guy doesnt know if hes burned, shot, fucked, or snake bit.....

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-michael-wolff

https://www.yahoo.com/news/president...150710937.html
Old January 03, 2018, 14:08   #41
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

I suspect that most of the anti Trump stuff in the Wolf book is fake news.

The dems are almost as good at Hitler and Bagdad Bob, at it.

I will wait until Bannon confirms or denies it all, before passing judgement on him.
Old January 03, 2018, 14:34   #42
Right Side Up
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYCAN View Post
Just being honest, you never seemed to like Trump, and thats watering it down.

To each - his own, though.
Yeah, just as I thought.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...-his-mind.html
Old January 04, 2018, 06:48   #43
FALonious
In His Grip
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 51017
No more love?

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/01...-lost-his-mind
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

T. E. Lawrence

FALonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 04, 2018, 07:33   #44
Bubacus
Registered

FALaholic #: 13971
I'm thinking he needs a little cash to recover from the lost time during the last year and change. Seeing accusations, not many facts though.
Old January 04, 2018, 08:48   #45
LYCAN
Registered

Pretty heavy falling out. Sad to see.
Old January 04, 2018, 09:52   #46
suppressor
Registered

FALaholic #: 64166
Bannon seems to be a pretty sharp guy.

He still backs Trump, what's on the News today is that in the book, he said that Jared Kushner, Eric Trump, and Paul Manafort should have called the FBI.

Apparently the meeting happened before Bannon was with the campaign.

If the meeting was sleazy, without Donald Trump's knowledge, Bannon seems to be on the high road.

Donald has to back his son and son-in-law, I personally don't trust Jared, New York liberal and all, there's talk that Ivanka may want to run for President, they (Jared/Ivanka) would be a turn to the left, if Bannon's against this (he is) via speaking out, his words have substantial meaning.
suppressor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 04, 2018, 11:54   #47
JM
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 46494
I'm no fan of President Trumps family involved in his administration and Bannon always seemed out of place as well. Bannon's disheveled look with the hair and all, along with the red bulbous nose, gave the appearance of a stumble bum. If it is true what Bannon did, then he needs his ass sued off for disclosure if he signed an agreement. The whole thing smells like a skunk hiding in the wood shed.
JM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 04, 2018, 11:55   #48
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Trump will survive this, and so will Bannon.

I suppose what Bannon said is basically true, and that meeting was not handled well at all.

I am sure that Gen Kelly has been the one to diminish Ivanka and Jared's roles; I agree with Bannon, that they should not have come to DC at all. Maybe Jared and Ivanka will support Cuomo for POTUS next.
Old January 04, 2018, 17:16   #49
LYCAN
Registered

I still respect & support Trump as well as Bannon.

It's unfortunate that this has come about, they both are not legit enough to stand alone.

but that's merely my unsolicited personal opinion.