Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > News & Current Events

Notices

Old January 02, 2018, 01:48   #1
Right Side Up
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 43
Sad what this country is coming to.

CNN promoting drug use on New Years Eve. Can't let kids watch CNN's New Year Eve Show anymore.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018...eve-broadcast/
Right Side Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 02:19   #2
base704
Vampire Pilot
Contributor

FALaholic #: 14321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Right Side Up View Post
CNN promoting drug use on New Years Eve. Can't let kids watch CNN's New Year Eve Show anymore.

But you can let them watch regular tv with beer and liquor commercials all day/everyday, right?
You do realize that alcohol is a drug, don't you?
One that causes more problems than that "devil weed" ever will.
Just sayin'.

God made weed, and man made alcohol.
Who do you trust?
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand, "The Nature of Government"
base704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 02:53   #3
Right Side Up
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

Would you allow you children to watch that show? Just curious?
Old January 02, 2018, 04:22   #4
Black Blade
Registered

FALaholic #: 76490
Yawn ... no biggie ...

People drink and go home and beat the wife and kids. They smoke a joint and they go home and listen to the Moody Blues. Go figure.
Old January 02, 2018, 05:36   #5
CG&L
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 27951
Hasn't everybody seen 'Reefer Madness'? That stuff will turn you into a serial killer
Old January 02, 2018, 06:27   #6
kfranz
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG&L View Post
Hasn't everybody seen 'Reefer Madness'? That stuff will turn you into a serial killer
Cereal killer. Ice cream too, and pizza.
kfranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 06:49   #7
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
They want you to smoke that sh-t so you'll be compliant or too f'd up to defend yourself.
Old January 02, 2018, 06:56   #8
Bubacus
Registered

FALaholic #: 13971
Cheech and Chong approve:

Old January 02, 2018, 07:35   #9
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
Quote:
Originally Posted by base704 View Post
But you can let them watch regular tv with beer and liquor commercials all day/everyday, right?
You do realize that alcohol is a drug, don't you?
One that causes more problems than that "devil weed" ever will.
Just sayin'.

God made weed, and man made alcohol.
Who do you trust?
God made alcohol too. Fermentation happened naturally first. We learned it watching birds get drunk eating fermented berries.
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 07:47   #10
TedKennedy
Registered

FALaholic #: 77344
My kid sells your Honor Student weed.

^^^saw this bumper sticker the other day, laughed my butt off.

My generation was lied to about drugs/weed so much, why would we trust any authority to tells us the truth about anything? That bunch of BS probably has contributed to, not prevented drug experimentation.
TedKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 08:03   #11
juanni
TROLL

FALaholic #: 2439
Quote:
Would you allow your kid to watch TV at all?

TV is for morons, not called the boob tube for nothing.

...................juanni
Old January 02, 2018, 08:22   #12
base704
Vampire Pilot
Contributor

FALaholic #: 14321
Quote:
If you teach your children "responsibility", it really doesn't matter what they watch.
They will be "responsible" enough to seek info and learn the facts so that they can make "responsible", educated decisions.
If you're kids are that influenced by the tv, maybe (as juanni said) you shouldn't let them watch it at all.

Quote:

Oh!
And why are you watching CNN?!?!
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand, "The Nature of Government"

Last edited by base704; January 02, 2018 at 08:45.
base704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 08:51   #13
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Quote:

The states decided they wanted to legalize and tax pot, they want more money and will do whatever it takes to get more. Dope mellows out the population and control takes drug addiction. However it's the people's right to smoke pot or get drunk just as long as they pay the tax to do so.

Here in oregon they take ID when they sell you pot, odds are they will record the number of times you buy and use it to say you are addicted. Addiction means no gun rights if you look on the 4473.

On the plus side the addicts who can't quit smoking kill themselves off. Met a fellow addicted so bad he vapid pot all the time. Died stoned in a car crash. Now that it's legal maybe the growers won't use chemicals growing pot, the pot smokers have no idea what else they are smoking with their pot and if they do know then probably they are addicted.
Old January 02, 2018, 11:36   #14
JM
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 46494
Cannabis was a major food staple for thousands of years, not to mention fiber for rope and canvas for sailing ships and medicinal uses. Smoking cannabis was not that popular in the old days but early sailors were known to "burn rope" to get a high to relieve boredom on long voyages. Cannabis seeds were crushed into a meal for a food staple and the resin of the female plant was a popular additive to early medicine such as bitters concoctions sold in most city's and small towns. Whiskey was frowned upon by most religious people but a bottle of Old Homestead Bitters was kosher "medicine" that was mostly alcohol and THC (cannabis) and would make a person feel real good after a couple swigs off the bottle. With the advent of synthetic, oil based products such as nylon rope, the powers that be had to demonize the plant to have it banned as cannabis was way too competitive and cheap to produce. Modern research will prove that cannabis is a very valuable natural resource , not only for its medicinal properties but for it's many industrial uses.

Last edited by JM; January 02, 2018 at 11:52. Reason: add to
JM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 12:06   #15
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...130-story.html

Signed prior to Thanksgiving 2017.

Quote:
Associated Press

Republican Gov. Scott Walker has signed a bill that allows Wisconsin farmers to grow industrial hemp.
Walker signed the bill Thursday.
The bill passed the Legislature unanimously. The measure's sponsor, Republican Rep. Jesse Kremer, tweeted Thursday that the bill will make Wisconsin a leader in hemp production. His tweet included the hashtag "AmericasHempland."
At least 30 other states have legalized hemp farming. Supporters say hemp has a wide range of uses and legalizing it gives farmers another profitable crop.

Under the new law, hemp plants couldn't contain more than 0.3 percent THC, the active ingredient in marijuana. Hemp farmers with drug convictions would not be eligible for state-issued licenses to grow the crop.
Finally!
Wife's favorite color: glitter
TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 12:15   #16
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
Yawn ... no biggie ...

People drink and go home and beat the wife and kids. They smoke a joint and they go home and listen to the Moody Blues. Go figure.

Cop friend of mine once said, " I arrest drunks all the time - fights, driving accidents, domestic disturbances, the whole nine yards. The potheads I have to wake up in the mall parking lot at 2:00 a.m. and send them home ".

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 12:38   #17
NFADLR
Banned

FALaholic #: 7480
Washington seems to be cash and carry, wasn't asked for any I'D they just wanted to see the color of my green in exchange for theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post

Here in oregon they take ID when they sell you pot, odds are they will record the number of times you buy and use it to say you are addicted.
NFADLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 13:11   #18
Right Side Up
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by base704 View Post

Oh!
And why are you watching CNN?!?!

I read the article about it on Drudge. I'm not going to spend my New Years Eve watching CNN.
Old January 02, 2018, 13:12   #19
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
The states decided they wanted to legalize and tax pot, they want more money and will do whatever it takes to get more. Dope mellows out the population and control takes drug addiction. However it's the people's right to smoke pot or get drunk just as long as they pay the tax to do so.

Here in oregon they take ID when they sell you pot, odds are they will record the number of times you buy and use it to say you are addicted. Addiction means no gun rights if you look on the 4473.

On the plus side the addicts who can't quit smoking kill themselves off. Met a fellow addicted so bad he vapid pot all the time. Died stoned in a car crash. Now that it's legal maybe the growers won't use chemicals growing pot, the pot smokers have no idea what else they are smoking with their pot and if they do know then probably they are addicted.
Well mostly yes but understand how the Feds have viewed consumption for MANY years now

1st off there really is no animal called Marijuana Addiction. That's made up shit.
Feds accepted this years ago
What they did in fact was to decree if you used the Pot you became an "addict" for one year ofter last use. Don't matter where you consumed, it's all about time frame and yes folks have went to prison over this.

Last one I knew of in the 8th Circuit was a young lad in the late 80s who bought a 6.5mm Swede bolt action in Iowa. Thing was he paid a ticket on a small amount weed ticket a few months before the purchase. He and his family fought it, he did 3.5 years in federal custody under Booosh.

Again, you use marijuna you are a prohibited person for one year hence and seen as an "addict" by DOJ.
Don't argue the point with me, I don't make these regulations but they continue to stand Okay. Smoke weed you forfeit RKBA
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 15:44   #20
SWOHFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 34346
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedKennedy View Post
My kid sells your Honor Student weed.

^^^saw this bumper sticker the other day, laughed my butt off.

My generation was lied to about drugs/weed so much, why would we trust any authority to tells us the truth about anything? That bunch of BS probably has contributed to, not prevented drug experimentation.
Yeah, telling people what they CAN NOT do is the best way to ensure they do it anyway.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 20:50   #21
tk421
Registered

FALaholic #: 7857
I don't like potheads, and I especially dislike the potheads that can't do anything fun without burning a joint or a bowl first. When I go to a concert to see Lindsey Stirling, it's because I want to enjoy her music, not because I want to have to tolerate a bunch of morons that can't do anything fun unless they're in a chemically altered state of mind. I had to put up with those assclowns when I went to see In This Moment and Five Finger Death Punch, too.

If you can't go to a concert, or float a river, or go deer hunting, or celebrate New Year's Eve without getting stoned, you should kill yourself. Your life is obviously empty and pathetic, and ending it is a sure way to improve it.

That being said, it's their right to smoke that crap if they want, and .gov needs to butt out. Potheads are morons, and given enough time and weed they will burn their brains completely to ash, but I've never had a pothead get high and try to pick a fight with me, unlike morons who can't handle their alcohol. Never seen one crash a car like so many drunks do every night, either.

.Gov propaganda about drugs has been a huge tale of lies, and it's done little if any good.
Old January 02, 2018, 20:59   #22
kfranz
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk421 View Post
I don't like potheads, and I especially dislike the potheads that can't do anything fun without burning a joint or a bowl first. When I go to a concert to see Lindsey Stirling, it's because I want to enjoy her music, not because I want to have to tolerate a bunch of morons that can't do anything fun unless they're in a chemically altered state of mind. I had to put up with those assclowns when I went to see In This Moment and Five Finger Death Punch, too.

If you can't go to a concert, or float a river, or go deer hunting, or celebrate New Year's Eve without getting stoned, you should kill yourself. Your life is obviously empty and pathetic, and ending it is a sure way to improve it.

That being said, it's their right to smoke that crap if they want, and .gov needs to butt out. Potheads are morons, and given enough time and weed they will burn their brains completely to ash, but I've never had a pothead get high and try to pick a fight with me, unlike morons who can't handle their alcohol. Never seen one crash a car like so many drunks do every night, either.

.Gov propaganda about drugs has been a huge tale of lies, and it's done little if any good.
Had a buddy like that, told him that he shouldn't run a number before we hit the mountain bike course. He knew better though...after he returned his lunch to the earth he agreed with me that maybe sometimes doing stuff not high was better.
kfranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 23:24   #23
JM
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 46494
I don't advocate that people should use cannabis. Or any other drug that alters the conscious. Alcohol included. It is a weakness that most humans have-- the desire to be in an altered state of mind. Many reasons for it --I won't go there. No person under 18 years of age should use any mind altering drugs including alcohol. I smoked pot for over 45 years until my lungs couldn't take it anymore. Went the vaporizer route but that just made it worse. My doctor told me "Its killing you, stop the smoking". So I quit a few years back and couldn't feel better! The last time I had a weak moment and took a puff it about killed me. I went outside so my wife wouldn't smell it and took a hit off a joint. I coughed my lungs out for hours and my chest felt like it was on fire--the pain stayed with me for days. Enough of that bullshit---that cured my smoking days for good!
JM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 03, 2018, 01:09   #24
SWOHFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 34346
Quote:

So are govt. drones - I think it should be mandatory that all govt. employees smoke pot, just so we can pull more fast ones on them and to mitigate their typical snotty attitude.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 03, 2018, 07:14   #25
Bubacus
Registered

FALaholic #: 13971
People will always find a way to get high...paint, glue, you name it. Now they can just tax the idiots just like the do alcohol.

Old January 03, 2018, 07:22   #26
munchoman
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 21848
Anyone that really thinks the state is going to collect a 50% tax, on cash sales is high
munchoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 03, 2018, 07:23   #27
TedKennedy
Registered

FALaholic #: 77344
Quote:
Great advice. I hope those words never come back to haunt you.
TedKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 03, 2018, 09:04   #28
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
I hope one day they get some non narcotic pain relievers from pot.
Old January 03, 2018, 09:16   #29
Zimm
Registered

FALaholic #: 76302
Here's my take on it. How many of you smoke? Cigarettes ,pipes,cigars,joints. It's all the same to me .obnoxious stinky foul and bothersome.your tobacco is costing me more money than dope cause I gotta pay for all the ones on ss having health issues because of it.drinking is no better .me I don't drink or smoke ,but as long as you do it away from me I don't care what you do.i saw how my mom suffered from emphysema and don't wish that on anyone
Zimm is online now   Reply With Quote