The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Marketplace

Notices

Old January 01, 2018, 08:31   #1
Orion the Hunter
Registered

FALaholic #: 62009
LTB: FN49 Echo Base Scope Mount

A couple few years back, I was on the hunt for a ECHO Scope Mount to fit my Egyptian FN49 Rifle. Finally, I was able to locate one on GB and asked the Seller the usual questions: Is it original ECHO, will it fit an Egyptian FN49, are all the screws and parts complete?

After I received all positive replies, I went ahead and purchased the mount for a few $$ (to say the least). I was all stoked when it finally arrived and I ripped it out of the box and tried to slide it on...or screw it on...or clamp it on...or...

...yes, you got it! The seller neglected to tell me that THERE IS 2 FREAKING PARTS TO THE GD THING AND HE SOLD THEM SEPARATELY ! WHAT AN A-HO!

Since there a month or two had already passed between the time I purchased the mount and actually sitting down and attempting to attach it to my rifle...that it was rather hopeless to try to get my money back...so, there the damn thing sits on the shelf for the last 5 or so years. Buyers Tip for Gunbroker.com: You know about 75% of my purchases on Gun Brokers have ended up to be some type of scam. It is very easy to wind up a pissed off victim, rather than a satisfied buyer at that place!...just a painful observation.

Does anyone have JUST the ECHO Inc. Lower Mounting Bracket Assembly to for a Egyptian FN49?

Thanks!

Last edited by Orion the Hunter; January 02, 2018 at 01:40.
Orion the Hunter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 02:14   #2
TRT01
Registered

FALaholic #: 66630
Sadly the exact same thing happened to me from a member here. Same mount same story. Asked for a return and was told "too bad." I decline to admit what I paid for it. I was determined to find the piece that mounts to the rail and came up empty. I found a guy with 3D CNC files but he was trying to get rich. If I can find the correspondence maybe you'll have better luck than I.
TRT01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 06:51   #3
FALonious
In His Grip
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 51017
Is it this one?
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

T. E. Lawrence

FALonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 23:28   #4
TRT01
Registered

FALaholic #: 66630
Yeah that looks like it to me.

If I understand the OP we both got the “ring” portion not the rail portion.
TRT01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 03, 2018, 03:29   #5
Orion the Hunter
Registered

FALaholic #: 62009
Here is What I think I Need...

Here is a picture of the Scope Mount that I was bamboozled over: https://i.imgur.com/2eBwQVg.jpg I noticed in some of the FN49 Books that this appears to be a commercial knockoff version from ECHO Inc. but I can't be sure.

Based on the minimal research I have done, I think this is a picture of the scope base that I am searching for: https://i.imgur.com/xzcGiYW.jpg?2

I have came to that conclusion because the Seller of the FN49 Split Apart the Scope from the Rifle before I bought it (one of those crafty-stunts). You can see that the Seller also didn't know understand that "Tighten Snuggly" does not mean "Grind-Torque the Base Screws into the Case Hardened Receiver Steel" and just in case your not sure..."Lets tighten the piss out of it a few extra times" (but don't tell the buyer about that or the Sight-Wings you Ground Off!) https://i.imgur.com/ouUi4Dm.jpg?1

Sorry Everyone, as you can tell, I got burned by the Seller of the Rifle that was followed back to back by the Seller of this scope mount.

Anyway, it sounds like I am now searching for something about as rare as a Spring Type Firing Pin Safety Stop for this rifle! Wonderful...

Last edited by Orion the Hunter; January 03, 2018 at 03:37.
Orion the Hunter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 03, 2018, 23:16   #6
saki302
Registered

FALaholic #: 16166
I saw this guy sell a whole bunch on ebay- might be worth sending him a message.

I thought about it, but too rich for my blood

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FN-49-Scope...p2047675.l2557
saki302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 04, 2018, 00:25   #7
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Even though it would be an incredible long shot the last vendor with the new old stock bases was Northridge. They had them up to maybe 3 or 4 years ago
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 04, 2018, 20:06   #8
SAFN49
None
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 73015
Echo made both large and small knob "ring" mounts. The bases were all the same.
SAFN49 is offline   Reply With Quote