Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > News & Current Events

Notices

Old January 01, 2018, 04:03   #101
the gman
Registered

FALaholic #: 5179
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post
Nuttin to worry about all our wars go as planned.

I mean wasn't the plan to get beaten back to the Korea's prewar borders and loss 50K american lives?

Wasn't the plan to nab all of Saddam's reconstituted nukes, mobile chem labs, anthrax factories etc.... and do it all on the cheap, greeted like liberators and all that?

Wasn't the plan to spend 13 years in Afghanistan, bombing, building and bombing because of 6 guys in a cave.

Stop worrying.
..................juanni
Sigh. US Deaths in the Korean War were far short of 50K. The operational readiness of the US military of today is a far cry from what it was in 1950 when the disastrous Truman policy of disarming and reducing the military had significantly weakened the ability of the US armed forces to fight effectively. Prior to the Chinese intervention, US and UN forces, even weakened as they were, fought the Koreans to the border of China. Without rehashing the entire Korean War, the global situation is vastly different today than it was almost 70 years ago.

If I was in charge of the operations to neutralize NK, I'd be looking at a very precision strike to take out the short arse mofo at the top and a bunch of his generals. Simultaneous strikes would eliminate key military targets such as airbases, ports, generating plants, missile sites and armor depots. In about 24 hours, NK would be leaderless, militarily ineffective and unable to prosecute military operations. I'd send a message to the Chinese letting them know we were done with offensive operations and they could go clean up, bringing NK into the 21st century.

Can you please explain how China is going to invade the US when it has ONE carrier which isn't even fully operational? Are they going to sneak troops into the US in Walmart boxes? Stick to topics you might have a little bit of information about because military capability isn't one of them...

God is on the side, not of the big battalions, but of the best shots- Voltaire

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
-Alexis de Tocqueville
the gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 01, 2018, 04:59   #102
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by the gman View Post
Sigh. US Deaths in the Korean War were far short of 50K. The operational readiness of the US military of today is a far cry from what it was in 1950 when the disastrous Truman policy of disarming and reducing the military had significantly weakened the ability of the US armed forces to fight effectively. Prior to the Chinese intervention, US and UN forces, even weakened as they were, fought the Koreans to the border of China. Without rehashing the entire Korean War, the global situation is vastly different today than it was almost 70 years ago.

If I was in charge of the operations to neutralize NK, I'd be looking at a very precision strike to take out the short arse mofo at the top and a bunch of his generals. Simultaneous strikes would eliminate key military targets such as airbases, ports, generating plants, missile sites and armor depots. In about 24 hours, NK would be leaderless, militarily ineffective and unable to prosecute military operations. I'd send a message to the Chinese letting them know we were done with offensive operations and they could go clean up, bringing NK into the 21st century.

Can you please explain how China is going to invade the US when it has ONE carrier which isn't even fully operational? Are they going to sneak troops into the US in Walmart boxes? Stick to topics you might have a little bit of information about because military capability isn't one of them...
Ah hell, J learned all his military knowledge from the internet, so that makes him,,,,,, an internet general.
Old January 01, 2018, 06:19   #103
bubbagump
Stand-up philosopher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:

Troops in shipping containers, too funny. Then again why not, they move illegal aliens in 'em?? lmao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Ah hell, J learned all his military knowledge from the internet, so that makes him,,,,,, an internet general.
By all appearances there's a fair amount of that going around. Problem is, and always has been, it seems to stick.
Old January 01, 2018, 08:10   #104
Sagerider
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 66564
From one general to another —-

Did not General Douglas MacArthur strongly suggest using the big one when the Chinese joined in with North Korea? He was fired by Truman basically for back talking the President and being a pain in the ass. Unfortunately that easy time has come and gone. Truman was ok with nuking the Japanese which saved countless lives on both sides but against the Communists he failed miserably. Maybe it was because 99% of his cabinet were KGB?
Taking out the North Korean leadership with those face plant drones might be the way to go but what do I know, nada.

Matthew 25:1 thru 25:10 Be ready!

The written word sometimes like poetry is never really finished but merely abandoned.

I live alone in the middle of nowhere with two dogs and a cat, what do you think about that.

The wind blows, the rain falls, the flag snaps its bravery in the dark as two dogs boil for attention at my feet.

Of course it is a true story. You just couldn't make up something like that, no way.
Sagerider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 01, 2018, 09:43   #105
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 748
Well,

From what open sources say, both the US and S Korea Air Forces and Navies are practicing decapitation strikes. It is widely rumored Delta and S Korea SF are preparing some type of N Korean operation.

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Thorack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 01, 2018, 10:35   #106
wanneroo
Registered

FALaholic #: 74891
Quote:
Originally Posted by D P Six View Post
Why?
It's like a chess board, you have to think big and long term. It's not just with influence in that particular country but the surrounding ones as well.
wanneroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 01, 2018, 13:22   #107
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorack View Post
Well,

From what open sources say, both the US and S Korea Air Forces and Navies are practicing decapitation strikes. It is widely rumored Delta and S Korea SF are preparing some type of N Korean operation.

Thorack
You, I, and many others here know all too well, whats being said in public is far from what is going on behind the scenes.
It would surprise me, if they were not preparing the future battlefield.

Everyone that is not in the know, the internet generals, are all concerned over the Arty the norks have, which are supposed to be ranging Seoul, and as they say, could rain down a million rounds an hour, actually heard some ass claiming that shit on TV a while back.

I wonder how long it would take to clean out a line of fixed/semi fixed Arty pieces over a 20 mile long line with combined air ops, ground fire, counter battery fire, etc, 20 minutes maybe?????

The norks can't properly feed their first line troops, so how much maintenance is being done on those arty pieces, how old is the ammo, how much ammo does each piece actually have on hand, what are the condition of the gun crews, can they even load the things, much less hit a target, how will they react to sustained counter battery fire, what types of communication gear do they have, will they even fight for the north's dictator or just sit down and surrender if someone will feed them a big mac and fries???

For certain people around here that does not believe anything they read or see on TV, they all believe the hype coming out of NK about their vaulted military forces.

Thorack, you're a military logistics officer, how much daily tonnage would it take to resupply these Arty pieces, and would you like to be in charge of that operation with the combined weight of allied air power over your head killing everything that moves or fires off a round of anything??

What would be the daily tonnage required to even fire a million heavy ass Arty rounds an hour into Seoul???

For those that have not served in the military, logistics, communications, coordination, condition of troops, condition of equipment, the generals, resupply, air cover, medical evac, troops fight for the guy next to them, friend gets hit, if no one there to take care of them, they stop fighting and tend to their friend, morale of the forces, and on and on all decide the fate of any and all battles and wars fought.

If the norks have all of this covered and much more, I'd be shocked, since they can't even do the basics, like feed their troops properly, or at all daily, and keep them worm free.
Old January 01, 2018, 15:59   #108
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 748
Well,

I love me some logistics, that said Ive never been a loggie toad. Was enlisted National Guard Infantry Paratrooper for 5 years (High School and College) and an Armor and Light Cavalry Officer for 10 years and an Acquisition and Test officer for 10 years.

I served in Korea a long time ago but we knew the N Korean Artillery was primed with what we expected to be a mix of HE and Sarin. The N Korean Artillery was expected to exhaust its basic load of a couple of hundred rds or die trying, then move South.

We were told N Korean Soldiers have been trained with only three days rations and then told find what they need in S Korea.

The whole N Korean goal is to seize Seoul then start mass executions of the civilian population until the UN forces give in. They have no intention of fighting a long fight. They plan to kill as many S Koreans as possible and cause them to collapse.

They know their logistic limits and plan to make the war as short as possible.

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Thorack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 01, 2018, 16:25   #109
D P Six
Registered

FALaholic #: 15219
It is a bitter pill for America to swallow that after reducing an adversary to rubble sixty plus years ago, followed by continuous economic warfare and now the consideration for possible nuclear leadership 'decapitation' attacks, North Korea's response is to issue the finger at the US. Things are not working out as planned. Perhaps it is time to think 'outside the box'. That however requires more daring and innovation than American leadership generally posses.
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2018/01/...h-north-korea/
D P Six is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 01, 2018, 17:34   #110
juanni
TROLL

FALaholic #: 2439
Quote:
Sigh. US Deaths in the Korean War were far short of 50K.

Sorry I mixed up the number of US killed and the number of SK civilians/women/children exterminated my our puppet Rhee BEFORE NK invaded.
You know before 'he killed his own people' became unfashionable.

And where did you get the retarded idea that I think China is going to invade the US?

Or your other goofy idea that China is going to just stand by as we attack NK?

The instant we attack NK they are going to throw every thing they got at SK, nukes, bio, chem, plain old arrtillery .......... there isn't going to be a 24 hr window of us attacking w/o response.

....................juanni
Old January 01, 2018, 18:02   #111
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Sorry I mixed up the number of US killed and the number of SK civilians/women/children exterminated my our puppet Rhee BEFORE NK invaded.
You know before 'he killed his own people' became unfashionable.

And where did you get the retarded idea that I think China is going to invade the US?

Or your other goofy idea that China is going to just stand by as we attack NK?

The instant we attack NK they are going to throw every thing they got at SK, nukes, bio, chem, plain old arrtillery .......... there isn't going to be a 24 hr window of us attacking w/o response.

China in your estimation is going to cause WWIII, which they can't survive over North Korea???????

IF I ever have cause to go to war ever again, I WANT YOU commanding the op forces.

J, when you get into some areas, geopolitical and military actions/responses etc, you sound completely delusional.
Just saying.
Old January 01, 2018, 18:14   #112
HelpiFALanCantGetUp
Registered

FALaholic #: 66011
Sometime after we attack and have reached our goals China will move some troops in like they are going to do something. this will be our que to leave an let them clean up the mess. China knows they cant take us on but they also know that they cant let another Leninist country come under attack without coming to their defense in some capacity.

As far as the Norths counter attack? i envision it going the way of Sadam ''I have the 5th largest army in the world'' Husseins army.
HelpiFALanCantGetUp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 01, 2018, 18:15   #113
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorack View Post
Well,

I love me some logistics, that said Ive never been a loggie toad. Was enlisted National Guard Infantry Paratrooper for 5 years (High School and College) and an Armor and Light Cavalry Officer for 10 years and an Acquisition and Test officer for 10 years.

I served in Korea a long time ago but we knew the N Korean Artillery was primed with what we expected to be a mix of HE and Sarin. The N Korean Artillery was expected to exhaust its basic load of a couple of hundred rds or die trying, then move South.

We were told N Korean Soldiers have been trained with only three days rations and then told find what they need in S Korea.

The whole N Korean goal is to seize Seoul then start mass executions of the civilian population until the UN forces give in. They have no intention of fighting a long fight. They plan to kill as many S Koreans as possible and cause them to collapse.

They know their logistic limits and plan to make the war as short as possible.

Thorack
That would be my estimation of their war plan as well.

Which would cause them to be in a 24/7 meat grinder for about a week until their units fell apart, became totally ineffective or simply no longer existed.

Counter battery fire, constant air ops 24/7, no communications, no command and control left alive, combined weight of allied forces, I'm guessing 5 days before China is demanding a halt to offensive operations at the UN, which if smart, we will deny until there is no longer any threat left from North Korea.

Suck their forces into the run down to Seoul, then block any retreat or further advance and chop them into mince meat.

Sadly, I'm expecting this to kick off around mid April to early May this year.
Thinking they began the planning for all this about May or June last year, takes about a year to get everything in place for something this large and complex.

Going to be a real slaughter of North Korean forces for exactly nothing.
Old January 01, 2018, 23:15   #114
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
If they have mobile icbms we would get blasted. Can't stop all those things.

I think what will happen over there is nuclear proliferation and a tense standoff. Vietnam, S Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Oz and everybody will having something.
Old January 02, 2018, 08:09   #115
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
China in your estimation is going to cause WWIII, which they can't survive over North Korea???????

IF I ever have cause to go to war ever again, I WANT YOU commanding the op forces.

J, when you get into some areas, geopolitical and military actions/responses etc, you sound completely delusional.
Just saying.
China saved NK once armed with bugles, burp guns and old chinese knock off mausers.

Chet says the US doesn't have the same military we did back then, no mention if the Chinese might have improved their capability though.

China has already said they will not tolerate military action against NK, you just weren't listening.

Old January 02, 2018, 13:49   #116
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
China saved NK once armed with bugles, burp guns and old chinese knock off mausers.

Chet says the US doesn't have the same military we did back then, no mention if the Chinese might have improved their capability though.

China has already said they will not tolerate military action against NK, you just weren't listening.

No, I heard them say it, simply don't believe them.

The China that did their thing in 1952 is not the same China of today.

And wars are not conducted today as they were in 1952.

IF we get into a shooting war with North Korea, it will be over long before the Chinese could even move troops across the border en mass.

Being a modern country, China knows this.
Old January 02, 2018, 14:31   #117
D P Six
Registered

Quote:

Going to be a real slaughter of North Korean forces for exactly nothing.
It is gratifying to know that only North Korean forces will face real slaughter. Civilians will get a pass, South Korea will be essentially untouched, North Korea will be so slammed it will be unable to launch any nukes on it's neighbors or on the US mainland, China will not get involved as it is only interested in stocking Walmart shelves and cares nothing about loosing the buffer between them and the US. Nothing could possibly go wrong.
Old January 02, 2018, 15:09   #118
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
It is gratifying to know that only North Korean forces will face real slaughter. Civilians will get a pass, South Korea will be essentially untouched, North Korea will be so slammed it will be unable to launch any nukes on it's neighbors or on the US mainland, China will not get involved as it is only interested in stocking Walmart shelves and cares nothing about loosing the buffer between them and the US. Nothing could possibly go wrong.
Yep another cakewalk........ they never learn.

.................juanni
Old January 02, 2018, 15:25   #119
bubbagump
Stand-up philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
... not to mention the soviet air force piloted by Russians, front line Soviet and Chinese artillery etc etc. Saving 'em from a limited, UN-driven effort that was held on a short leash by a guy whose main qualifier for being President was selling cheap suits in Kansas City.

Quote:
I haven't heard anyone suggest that it would be. Certainly won't be for some. Although I'm not sure that even matters, if it's a job that needs doin' then we need to get on with it.
Old January 02, 2018, 16:51   #120
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Where the hell was your voice and positive actions when genocide in Darfur was and is ongoing there now for well over decade?
Did you gun up and get off your ass to stop it, defend the defenseless, in Darfur or anywhere else in the world, ever???

http://worldwithoutgenocide.org/geno...arfur-genocide

And yes, I've gotten off my ass, several times, and defended other peoples who needed help.

Join into the adult conversation when you gain some GD actual experience, until then, sit at the children's table and not speak up, this so no one will be aware you got zero idea what in the hell you're sprouting off about.

And guess who is doing all this genocide, yea no shit, muzzies/arabs/those religion of peaceful mo fo's and they would not hesitate to do the same shit to you and yours.

Don't cry me a river over North Korean civilians if we get into a shooting war with their leadership, that's how the damned world works, leadership starts off the war and the civilians and military always take it up the ass.

You need to grow the fug up and understand how mankind functions, as in, man is the worlds most ruthless pure killer ever raised on this planet.

I can't stand it is like it is, I despise war/armed conflict, but it is what it is and there are an abundance of fuggers out there looking to enslave, murder, rape, pillage and plunder some poor smuck just looking to raise his family and live in the peace you have and take from granted.
Old January 02, 2018, 16:59   #121
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:

.................juanni
A lot can and will go wrong if we get into a shooting war any where upon this earth, but your ass will never be on the line, has never been on the line, and you'll be all safe and smug hiding out there in Smellyville.
Still telling everyone else how it should be done, but never putting yourself out for anyone, but you.
Don't take offense, but listening to you, taking your advice on this subject, is like seeking marriage counseling from a priest practicing celibacy.
Zero practical experience.
Old January 02, 2018, 17:45   #122
bubbagump
Stand-up philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
A lot can and will go wrong if we get into a shooting war any where upon this earth, but your ass will never be on the line, has never been on the line, and you'll be all safe and smug hiding out there in Smellyville.
Still telling everyone else how it should be done, but never putting yourself out for anyone, but you.
Don't take offense, but listening to you, taking your advice on this subject, is like seeking marriage counseling from a priest practicing celibacy.
Zero practical experience.
An excellent comparison. In fact it's probably worse, at least the priest has some training, if only in name and poor as it may be.
Old January 02, 2018, 19:14   #123
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
An excellent comparison. In fact it's probably worse, at least the priest has some training, if only in name and poor as it may be.
I don't mean to ever be harsh with anyone, but damn, some day's around here its like talking to a bunch of middle aged near bald headed old hippy's with an all grey man bun who's been spurting this crap from the late 60's and still screaming make love not war even though their dicks no longer work.

The history, the whole history of mankind is warfare, always has been and always will be, folks just need to accept that and then enjoy the periods of relative peace when we all can.

Screaming like a teenage girl the country is on the verge of war, well shit, anyone with a brain knows we're always on the verge of the next war, comes with being the biggest dog in the pack, some smuck is always wanting to beat on your ass.
Old January 02, 2018, 19:26   #124
bubbagump
Stand-up philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I don't mean to ever be harsh with anyone, but damn, some day's around here its like talking to a bunch of middle aged near bald headed old hippy's with an all grey man bun who's been spurting this crap from the late 60's and still screaming make love not war even though their dicks no longer work.

The history, the whole history of mankind is warfare, always has been and always will be, folks just need to accept that and then enjoy the periods of relative peace when we all can.

Screaming like a teenage girl the country is on the verge of war, well shit, anyone with a brain knows we're always on the verge of the next war, comes with being the biggest dog in the pack, some smuck is always wanting to beat on your ass.
I've long wondered about how having middle aged near bald old hippies to exist in the first place is a consequence of victory in warfare. Having the bad guys running things is more the norm than not and folks like J do not typically prosper during times as these, if they are even allowed to exist at all. Every time one of these creatures starts spouting his nonsense I take it as prima facia evidence that western civilization and in particular America, for all it's weaknesses has been more successful in creating a benevolent and enlightened society than anything that has gone before it. It will almost certainly not endure but it can be fairly said that it almost certainly will crash as a result of its own success. And when it comes to problems that probably is the right one to have.

In any case we've learned from it and will do some things different next time. Starting with not pulling the dicks off the runts when they're born.
Old January 02, 2018, 19:31   #125
D P Six
Registered

Quote:
Where the hell was your voice and positive actions when genocide in Darfur was and is ongoing there now for well over decade?
Did you gun up and get off your ass to stop it, defend the defenseless, in Darfur or anywhere else in the world, ever??? ........
I would never impune your motives for wanting to right the wrongs in Africa or anyplace else. I don't know you. I just feel the US should not be a policeman or a world hegemonic power. A visit by the the US military too often brings mass destruction ... think Vietnam, Middle East, North Africa. Events in the Korean peninsular and the states bordering western Russia could result in unthinkable consequences. Military and economic strength, free and fair trade and the really difficult one ... minding our own business would be the road less traveled that we might do well to consider.
Old January 02, 2018, 19:33   #126
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I've long wondered about how having middle aged near bald old hippies to exist in the first place is a consequence of victory in warfare. Having the bad guys running things is more the norm than not and folks like J do not typically prosper during times as these, if they are even allowed to exist at all. Every time one of these creatures starts spouting his nonsense I take it as prima facia evidence that western civilization and in particular America, for all it's weaknesses has been more successful in creating a benevolent and enlightened society than anything that has gone before it. It will almost certainly not endure but it can be fairly said that it almost certainly will crash as a result of its own success. And when it comes to problems that probably is the right one to have.

In any case we've learned from it and will do some things different next time. Starting with not pulling the dicks off the runts when they're born.
I've been in many countries where they simply could not exist, where they would be eaten alive or simply shot in the head.
Rome fell when these type folks took over, seems to always happen that way, make it safe for them, they multiply.
Old January 02, 2018, 19:39   #127
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I would never impune your motives for wanting to right the wrongs in Africa or anyplace else. I don't know you. I just feel the US should not be a policeman or a world hegemonic power. A visit by the the US military too often brings mass destruction ... think Vietnam, Middle East, North Africa. Events in the Korean peninsular and the states bordering western Russia could result in unthinkable consequences. Military and economic strength, free and fair trade and the really difficult one ... minding our own business would be the road less traveled that we might do well to consider.
DP, the one group of people on this shared earth of ours that are THE MOST antiwar are those people that have direct combat experience.

The military goes where the politicians direct it to go, all of which you mention, were the actions of politicians.
The military is the firearm, the politicians are the ones pulling the trigger.

I myself would do about anything to avoid war, but war is the nature of mankind, always has been and always will be.

And humans never mind their own business.
Not in there basic nature.
Old January 05, 2018, 00:42   #128
STG_58_guy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 65886
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkshooter View Post
So 200k are added a day.
How many die each day?

I'm not going to weigh in on the topic anymore than I already have other than to say the world is one giant cluster fk at the moment. A nice WW every few decades seems to reset people's attitudes and cleanse the planet.
We are past due.
200k are added each day. 360,000 are born, 160,000 die. Try Google on your own once in a while.

This is why I quit hanging out here so much.
STG_58_guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 05, 2018, 00:56   #129
STG_58_guy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
I just don't believe STG ever sees a world view, great little math solver but not much in world politics.
When you can't defeat the argument, ridicule the person who proposed it. Libtard 101.

But you're right in a way. My view encompasses more than just this world. For example, the fact that you can see stars in the night sky is strong evidence that thinking like Yellowhand's is fundamentally flawed and likely universal. I'll bet no one here knows what I'm talking about. But the answer is why I bother to post here.

Last edited by STG_58_guy; January 05, 2018 at 01:07.
Old January 05, 2018, 01:02   #130
ronpaulFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 65535
Quote:
Well to be honest I don't think the question is so much whether we should be interventionist or not, it's whether we should act in the best interest of our nation. And acting in the best interest of our nation is inherently neither interventionist or isolationist, it may be either depending on the situation.

The way I see things the question is really twofold, (1) are we going to continue to run this country for the benefit of the global banking interests as we have done for the last 100+ years or are we going to act for the benefit of the citizens of our nation. And (2) assuming the answer to the first question is the latter, what exactly are they?

I'd be all for a pre-emptive attack if it's determined that rocket man's continued existence presents an existential threat to us. And for all I know it might be so, and if it is I'm for it and we ought to do it tonight without further ado. But I am utterly confident that to start something we aren't ready to take all the way will probably result in the worst of all possible outcomes.
Also, if we end up in some sort of massive war on the Korean Peninsula, it will engulf the MAGA agenda. Say goodbye to swamp drainage, the wall, and all the rest. Wars destroy presidential agendas.
ronpaulFAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 05, 2018, 15:08   #131
bubbagump
Stand-up philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by STG_58_guy View Post
When you can't defeat the argument, ridicule the person who proposed it. Libtard 101.

But you're right in a way. My view encompasses more than just this world. For example, the fact that you can see stars in the night sky is strong evidence that thinking like Yellowhand's is fundamentally flawed and likely universal. I'll bet no one here knows what I'm talking about. But the answer is why I bother to post here.
I know what you are talking about, you refer of course to Olber's paradox. Although how that trumps what YH has to say I'm not sure, I've never heard him say anything that would get in the way of why it's dark at night.

There are plenty here who understand your arguments. We just reject them on occasion for technical reasons.
Old January 05, 2018, 15:09   #132
bubbagump
Stand-up philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronpaulFAL View Post
Also, if we end up in some sort of massive war on the Korean Peninsula, it will engulf the MAGA agenda. Say goodbye to swamp drainage, the wall, and all the rest. Wars destroy presidential agendas.
Yup, pretty much.
Old January 05, 2018, 15:36   #133
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I know what you are talking about, you refer of course to Olber's paradox. Although how that trumps what YH has to say I'm not sure, I've never heard him say anything that would get in the way of why it's dark at night.

There are plenty here who understand your arguments. We just reject them on occasion for technical reasons.
Did I piss in his corn flakes,,,,again, was not aware of it if I did????????
Old January 05, 2018, 17:47   #134
bubbagump
Stand-up philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Did I piss in his corn flakes,,,,again, was not aware of it if I did????????
Haha well whatever it was it appears you hit a nerve, cuz he remembers ...
Old January 05, 2018, 19:45   #135
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Haha well whatever it was it appears you hit a nerve, cuz he remembers ...
Well damn, just damn, wish I even knew whatever it was!

Suspect it might be something to do with either war or religion/faith, those are what normally set folks off, can't remember saying ugh, that's an ugly ass baby, so yea, either war or religion/faith.

Ain't insulted people that wear white lab coats lately, play with slide rules, etc, of late.
Old January 05, 2018, 19:49   #136
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:

If ya felt anything I said to ya was in any way ridicule, that sure as hell was NOT my intention there amigo.

These conversations get hot sometimes, but I try and be polite with most folks and your'e in the most folks column with me at all times.
Old January 05, 2018, 20:14   #137
Trypcil
Deep Thunkerer!
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
Of course I might be wrong but I prefer to see the 'deepstate MIC warblings' towards NK., as nothing but a ruse in allowance, to distract from what is going down State side - once the growing 'investigations' against the DS gather steam, I see NK being nothing but a dead end - that if they are left alone, will stay isolated, and irrelevant! Any war against NK will not contribute to MAGA on the World stage - if anything it will lessen it!
Old January 05, 2018, 20:14   #138
TheOtherChris
Registered

FALaholic #: 2050
Quote:

Funny, I've always thought of him as a corollary to Schrödinger's cat: What he says makes sense until you listen.
Old January 05, 2018, 20:45   #139
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherChris View Post
Funny, I've always thought of him as a corollary to Schrödinger's cat: What he says makes sense until you listen.
For me this explains a great deal;

Hypothetical thinking theory
Old January 06, 2018, 06:13   #140
bubbagump
Stand-up philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherChris View Post
Old January 06, 2018, 07:56   #141
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
I propose to send an emissary to NK to have sit-on-the-lap peace negotiations. And I know just the right person for the job:

The only proviso is they get to keep the emissary. No backsies.
Old January 07, 2018, 00:18   #142
STG_58_guy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:

Huh. I wasn't thinking of Olber's paradox but that is a reason you can see stars. I can see why you would be confused how Olber's paradox has anything to do with Yellowhand. Try again.
Old January 07, 2018, 00:30   #143
STG_58_guy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
If ya felt anything I said to ya was in any way ridicule, that sure as hell was NOT my intention there amigo.

These conversations get hot sometimes, but I try and be polite with most folks and your'e in the most folks column with me at all times.
Maybe you should go reread the post, where I'm replying to another member and not you.

Here is another example of using a tactic in a debate when you can't actually win the argument. You claim your opponent is somehow angry or offended when in fact they are not, and then play the "I can't imagine what I could of possibly done to offend my opponent" card. The goal of this tactic is to paint the opponent as irrational and thereby indict the argument. Pretty lame tactic. Usually deployed by women.
Old January 07, 2018, 01:11   #144
Riversidesports
Banned
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
Maybe you should go reread the post, where I'm replying to another member and not you.

Here is another example of using a tactic in a debate when you can't actually win the argument. You claim your opponent is somehow angry or offended when in fact they are not, and then play the "I can't imagine what I could of possibly done to offend my opponent" card. The goal of this tactic is to paint the opponent as irrational and thereby indict the argument. Pretty lame tactic. Usually deployed by women.
meh'
YH is always running with this victim bullshit.
He's our resident Me Too type here.

He avoids debates with me and I try to avoid debating proven crybaby types generally
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 07, 2018, 02:12   #145
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:

Ok, whatever, still got zero idea what in the hell you're speaking about, before or even now.
Was not aware I was using a tactic, and as for my painting you as being irrational, again, that was never my intent.
People do that all on their own from time to time and don;t really need any help I've found.
Peace be with ya.
Old January 07, 2018, 03:57   #146
STG_58_guy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

YH, the point being debated here has nothing to do with you or me personally.
Old January 07, 2018, 06:32   #147
bubbagump
Stand-up philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Huh. I wasn't thinking of Olber's paradox but that is a reason you can see stars. I can see why you would be confused how Olber's paradox has anything to do with Yellowhand. Try again.
Nah. Don't think I will, you're just not that interesting.
Old January 07, 2018, 07:24   #148
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Quote:

Don't play the victim here, it's unbecoming of an adult to do so. What I said that you took as ridicule was a typical tool that questions your world view of politics. A normal person would reply with their expearience that gave them their view. Your slipping off into deep space just means you have no answers as usual on most subjects.