The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The FN Files

Notices

Old December 29, 2017, 11:40   #1
greenbone
Registered

FALaholic #: 75985
FN Para 50-61, sear cut

Value of 50-61 in very good condition? Very low round count, near new.
greenbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29, 2017, 11:50   #2
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbone View Post
Value of 50-61 in very good condition? Very low round count, near new.
Wacky market, hard to call. Around here, $2800 - 3200 or so. On GB, who knows, might be one of those days when the brains are short and the cash is plentiful, could bring significantly more. Just don't count on it.

I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.

The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it. Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 29, 2017, 12:09   #3
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1826
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Armstrong View Post
Wacky market, hard to call. Around here, $2800 - 3200 or so. On GB, who knows, might be one of those days when the brains are short and the cash is plentiful, could bring significantly more. Just don't count on it.
Agree 100%^^^^^^, esp regarding the Gunbroker bit.

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science!" -C. Montgomery Burns
VALMET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 29, 2017, 12:18   #4
Capt D
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 76457
If anyone was selling an amnestied sear-cut para for $3,000, I'd have a difficult time saying no... just saying... srsly, pm me...
COBC #66
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Capt D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 29, 2017, 13:13   #5
NFADLR
Banned

FALaholic #: 7480
Would trade a same condition 50.63 for a 50.61 see link in sig.
NFADLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2017, 16:25   #6
xEdelweissx
Registered

FALaholic #: 80419
From what I've seen recently, the value is tough to pin down. If it is a Steyr sear cut gun, it's 1 of 2000 rifles imported in that configuration, to my knowledge. I have seen ads for a sear cut 50.42, and a 50.00 priced $6,500-$6,995. The 50.42 sold, the other is still for sale. Also, I came across a Gunbroker record of a 50.00 that sold for $3,250 a few months ago. All those guns were in excellent condition. The newest ad for a 50.61 in that configuration, was 4yrs old, and the guy had $4,200 on the gun, no accessories, etc. Obviously, the price fluctuates based on who's interested, if someone just "has to have it", and numerous other factors. In other words, you don't know what a particular gun will sell for, until it sells.
xEdelweissx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2017, 16:33   #7
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt D View Post
If anyone was selling an amnestied sear-cut para for $3,000, I'd have a difficult time saying no... just saying... srsly, pm me...
The sear cut type 3s aren't amnesty rifles.It was a perfectly legit import, unlike the G series which were not until amnestied.

The amnestied G paras and FALOs are of course extremely scarce and bring WAY up into the 5 digit range on the rare occasion that one comes on the market. I'd love to own one, I'd be happy just to be able to afford one

I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.

The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it. Robert E. Lee

Last edited by J. Armstrong; December 30, 2017 at 16:42.
Old December 30, 2017, 16:40   #8
Capt D
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 76457
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Armstrong View Post
The sear cut type 3s aren't amnesty rifles.It was a perfectly legit import, unlike the G series which were not until amnestied.
Even better...
COBC #66
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Capt D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2017, 17:37   #9
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

J. Armstrong- one of the GL guns brought $19k at RIA a few weeks ago (unsure if it that includes buyers premium).

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science!" -C. Montgomery Burns
Old December 30, 2017, 17:57   #10
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMET View Post
J. Armstrong- one of the GL guns brought $19k at RIA a few weeks ago (unsure if it that includes buyers premium).
I told ya I wish I could afford one - kinda glad I didn't know about that one

Old January 02, 2018, 16:36   #11
jaflowers
Registered

FALaholic #: 26022
Quote:
Originally Posted by xEdelweissx View Post
From what I've seen recently, the value is tough to pin down. If it is a Steyr sear cut gun, it's 1 of 2000 rifles imported in that configuration, to my knowledge. I have seen ads for a sear cut 50.42, and a 50.00 priced $6,500-$6,995. The 50.42 sold, the other is still for sale. Also, I came across a Gunbroker record of a 50.00 that sold for $3,250 a few months ago. All those guns were in excellent condition. The newest ad for a 50.61 in that configuration, was 4yrs old, and the guy had $4,200 on the gun, no accessories, etc. Obviously, the price fluctuates based on who's interested, if someone just "has to have it", and numerous other factors. In other words, you don't know what a particular gun will sell for, until it sells.

I was the one that bought the 50.00 for $3,250 and it is near mint. Very happy with it and thought I got a pretty good deal overall.
jaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 18:43   #12
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

Id say you did pretty well for a mint sear cut 50.00 as 50.00s have always tended to be more popular than the other models.