Notices

Old December 28, 2017, 02:00   #1
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
Obama says Internet must have Net Neutrality

https://hotair.com/archives/2017/12/...ties-internet/

In an interview done in September, Obama repeated his position, that the Internet must be censored and "common ground achieved", to prevent "Balkanization" of the Internet.

Common Ground/ Balkanization meaning...............to prevent groups like those advocating BREXIT, or those supporting Trump or guns............. from getting forums on the net, to spread that philosophy of hate.

The sob must have shit a brick when Agit Pai, the FCC chairman stuck it up his ass and cancelled Net Neutrality.............remember Obama's interview with Prince Harry was done last September!!

Like Hillary, this sob will simply not go away.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2017, 02:13   #2
SWOHFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 34346
This is how we know net neutrality is a terrible idea.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2017, 06:13   #3
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
https://hotair.com/archives/2017/12/...ties-internet/

In an interview done in September, Obama repeated his position, that the Internet must be censored and "common ground achieved", to prevent "Balkanization" of the Internet.

Common Ground/ Balkanization meaning...............to prevent groups like those advocating BREXIT, or those supporting Trump or guns............. from getting forums on the net, to spread that philosophy of hate.
Isn't Censoring the internet and preventing groups from getting forums on the net against the principle of Net Neutrality?
raubvogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2017, 07:00   #4
martin35
un muy viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2939
Obama want's to see the same bureaucratic discretionary powers used by the IRS,,, and Department of Justice investigators.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2017, 07:04   #5
Abominog
Registered

FALaholic #: 372
Obama doesn’t make the rules anymore.
They will live a long time, these men of the South Pacific. They, like their victories, will be remembered as long as our generation lives. Longer and longer shadows will obscure them, until their Guadalcanal sounds distant on the ear like Shiloh and Valley Forge. --- Michener, Tales of the South Pacific

Tempus Edax Rerum
Abominog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2017, 07:49   #6
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 748
Yep,

**** Obama and his divisiveness. It was not net neutrality it was simply keeping the status quo ie.. allow facebook and google to rule the internet.

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Thorack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2017, 08:46   #7
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 62143
He's finally gone after eight long years and you want to bring him back into the conversation? Come on, man.

The truth does not require your belief.
Exit308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2017, 10:20   #8
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Who ?
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2017, 10:24   #9
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubvogel View Post
Isn't Censoring the internet and preventing groups from getting forums on the net against the principle of Net Neutrality?
typical liberal calling black white, and up down, and slavery "freedom"
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2017, 10:42   #10
hardheaded
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 27964
The great POMPUSPOTUS Invented net neutrality I am glad the POTUS wiped it out

POMPUSPOTUS did not have the best interests of We The People in mind very often
hardheaded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2017, 11:14   #11
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
Prince Harry's interview was just televised, and it is the news.....Obama inserting himself again, will become the norm.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2017, 11:29   #12
easttex
Registered

FALaholic #: 20438
Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
Prince Harry's interview was just televised, and it is the news.....Obama inserting himself again, will become the norm.
I keep trying to figure out why anyone gives a shit about Prince Harry? (Or Obama for that matter.) I think comedian John Oliver pegged it when he said the Americans care more about the Royals than the British do. I certainly don't; never have, never will.

Molon labe
easttex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2017, 16:22   #13
HighRatMaster
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 19296
Quote:
Originally Posted by easttex View Post
I keep trying to figure out why anyone gives a shit about Prince Harry? (Or Obama for that matter.) I think comedian John Oliver pegged it when he said the Americans care more about the Royals than the British do. I certainly don't; never have, never will.
Inbred, elitist, irrelevant, entitled, sheltered shit birds.

It doesn't matter what you miss them with.
HighRatMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2017, 17:54   #14
martin35
un muy viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2939
Quote:
Harry and Barry will be kinfolk of sorts after the royal wedding,,, once removed.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2017, 19:07   #15
357ross
Registered

FALaholic #: 47543
Quote:
Only envious democraps (media especially) care about anything royal.
357ross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2017, 19:25   #16
Trypcil
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
Who else would the Brits put on the Stamps? Elton's John!

The Royals aren't even British - Windsor, yeah right!

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -- Voltaire

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 29, 2017, 11:25   #17
gunshooter
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 77038
Who gives a F#@K what obama sez!

With the loss of net neutrality, You get to pay more for $hittier service.

If an ISP doesn't like fafiles they can throttle the band width back with no recrimination.

The internet was engineered by the gooberment. Not Private Industry and is a utility, NOt as Profit motive for googles face books and the other internets cesspools!

gunshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 29, 2017, 12:08   #18
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshooter View Post

If an ISP doesn't like fafiles they can throttle the band width back with no recrimination.
^^^^ This.

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."

heavily armed, easily pissed.
Texgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 29, 2017, 18:10   #19
Blackmore
> Dirt
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trypcil View Post
The Royals aren't even British - Windsor, yeah right!
At least William and Harry are half Spencer which IS an English family.
Old December 29, 2017, 20:13   #20
Potshot
Registered

FALaholic #: 6398
Buck you, Farak
Old December 31, 2017, 15:23   #21
jeffrey
Registered

FALaholic #: 2073
Quote:

The internet was engineered by the gooberment. Not Private Industry and is a utility, NOt as Profit motive for googles face books and the other internets cesspools!

Well that explains why I couldn't even log onto the Files before Barry the Saint put in NN.

I think it has more to do with protecting bandwidth hogs like Netflix than censoring content, but I'm no expert. I just go with the general principle of opposing everything that asshat wants.
jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 01, 2018, 11:19   #22
yovinny
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 7679
Quote:

What ?? Please explain that to me...

AFAIK,,,net nutrality regs are something NEW that they want to pass,,,not something we have now and they want to do away with...
Most ive read about it states exactly opposite of what you quote...
In other words,,if they pass it,,the big money players (google,facebooketc) will buy more prefered control..
yovinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 01, 2018, 21:28   #23
gunshooter
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yovinny View Post
What ?? Please explain that to me...

AFAIK,,,net nutrality regs are something NEW that they want to pass,,,not something we have now and they want to do away with...
Most ive read about it states exactly opposite of what you quote...
In other words,,if they pass it,,the big money players (google,facebooketc) will buy more prefered control..
What we had was net neutrality up until they passed regulations that now allow ISP (Internet Service Providers) to put a throttle on the band width that any such entity wished to broadcast upon.

There was no throttling of band width permitted under any circumstance. That is what net neutrality was.

Sure, netflix or googles or facebooks or whatever stands on one side of the issue or the other.

The point is if you like guns, are a republican, are a democrat, are an LGBT or other queer, F#@K animals, or like wise have some such message to transmit on the internet, some where some internet power that is transmitting band width now has the power to limit your right to free speech by virtue of slowing your internet by throttling or slowing or narrowing your bandwidth.
Old January 01, 2018, 22:26   #24
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Good explanation gunshooter.

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."

heavily armed, easily pissed.
Texgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 06:55   #25
yovinny
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
What we had was net neutrality up until they passed regulations that now allow ISP (Internet Service Providers) to put a throttle on the band width that any such entity wished to broadcast upon.

There was no throttling of band width permitted under any circumstance. That is what net neutrality was.

Sure, netflix or googles or facebooks or whatever stands on one side of the issue or the other.

The point is if you like guns, are a republican, are a democrat, are an LGBT or other queer, F#@K animals, or like wise have some such message to transmit on the internet, some where some internet power that is transmitting band width now has the power to limit your right to free speech by virtue of slowing your internet by throttling or slowing or narrowing your bandwidth.
Have you seen that happen ?
Has the internet been slow, restricted and censured for you the last 3 years ?

Im sure no internet expert,,but what Ive read about it basically states that it makes the Govt or FCC more of a controlling hand on day to day operation instead of the free market ISP system operating in place since 2014....More Govt CONTROL...

I might be wrong, but I vote for keeping Govt agencys out of controling anything possible...
Old January 02, 2018, 13:35   #26
gunshooter
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Prior to the recent legislation there was no rule other than all participants in the web had equal and unfettered band width, or access to the internet information intake.

Now with legislation prompted by special interests, namely those providing the internet access to all customers, they can ration, distribute, allocate, favor with unfettered, or fetter the hell out of any entity they desire. Such as a competing TV streaming service, rival ISP, falfiles, think-tanks of differing political affiliations, the cesspool of what ever weird $h!T one can find on the internet.

What you have now is bigger government favoring private industry over the public utility, The internet.

That is bigger government, creating regulations, spending money to think up and write legislation, taking time away from real important issues, contrary to what the political louses promised, smaller government, when they stood on their platforms begging for your votes.

Prior to the recent legislation the internet downloaded at the available speed, now with this new set of regulations, your download or loading of a page may go from instantaneous to taking 30 seconds to a minute or more. That available speed depends on what your ISP or the ISP that provides your ISP decides.

Bigger government brought to you by politicians whom promised to shrink government with the added result of an abridgement of the First Amendment were: " ...the freedoms of speech, press, assembly, and petition – were of particular concern to Jefferson." cited from:

https://www.thoughtco.com/who-wrote-...2b702-0-ab_msb
Old January 02, 2018, 16:03   #27
yovinny
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Prior to the recent legislation there was no rule other than all participants in the web had equal and unfettered band width, or access to the internet information intake.

Now with legislation prompted by special interests, namely those providing the internet access to all customers, they can ration, distribute, allocate, favor with unfettered, or fetter the hell out of any entity they desire. Such as a competing TV streaming service, rival ISP, falfiles, think-tanks of differing political affiliations, the cesspool of what ever weird $h!T one can find on the internet.

What you have now is bigger government favoring private industry over the public utility, The internet.

That is bigger government, creating regulations, spending money to think up and write legislation, taking time away from real important issues, contrary to what the political louses promised, smaller government, when they stood on their platforms begging for your votes.

Prior to the recent legislation the internet downloaded at the available speed, now with this new set of regulations, your download or loading of a page may go from instantaneous to taking 30 seconds to a minute or more. That available speed depends on what your ISP or the ISP that provides your ISP decides.

Bigger government brought to you by politicians whom promised to shrink government with the added result of an abridgement of the First Amendment were: " ...the freedoms of speech, press, assembly, and petition – were of particular concern to Jefferson." cited from:

https://www.thoughtco.com/who-wrote-...2b702-0-ab_msb
IDK,,,once again,,this seemz backwards from what ive read..
What we now have is free market,,supply and demand..
Sure its cascading and big money players pay big to do peer servers all over the world, so their content is faster, but thats called capitalism....

Net neutrality means everyone has to be equal...great in theory,,not very good in practice.

To me it seems like when they broke up bell telephone and then barred the baby bells from doing long distance....untill they deregulated it and let them compete, it was a very expensive cluster fuk...
Saw the same thing with cable or cell service, govt regulations to make sure everyone gets a trophy equals we all pay more...just my .02
Old January 02, 2018, 18:43   #28
douglas
Registered

FALaholic #: 22985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potshot View Post
Buck you, Farak
He wanted it therefore it must be bad for the people of this Country or else someone paid him a pile of cash to make it happen. I am fine with President Trump doing away with everything that he touched while he was in office. I am still not tired of winning yet !
Old March 22, 2018, 22:24   #29
gunshooter
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Net neutrality was a good thing.

Rescinding it is just a wellfare giveaway to wellfare queen corporations.

Falfiles loads a helluava lot slower.

You didn't like it just because a Ni@@er suported it!

Now I get the options to pay more for crappier service!

If you think an unbiased, selectively throttled service on publicly funded-developed utiity is a good thing, your're GO@@amned IGNORANT!

Old March 22, 2018, 23:48   #30
Roadmarker
Remaining Vigilant 3-7-77
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63605
Wake up! Net neutrality was just a euphemism for government control of the internet. We were fine before it and we will be fine after it's demise.
It was only in effect for @2 1/2 years. The internet doesn't need a another bureaucracy to oversee it. You have been misinformed.

Last edited by Roadmarker; March 23, 2018 at 01:13.
Roadmarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2018, 23:58   #31
sjohnson
Registered

FALaholic #: 24502
When throttling happened in the cell phone arena, did the consumer roll over and say "thank you, thank you!"? No, they voted with their wallet and now most cell plans have an unlimited option once again.

Same with internet: if Joe Fatcat ISP allows Pr0n Vids R Us to pay them extra to "pump" their stuff into consumer's waiting interfaces (pun intended), don't you think that if the My Little Pony website offers a better product but can't pay the premium that the consumer would vote with their wallet and move to an ISP that doesn't favor FatCat?

Capitalism means a free market. Regulated neutrality is not a free market.
sjohnson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2018, 10:46   #32
JonnyP
The Brit Hack
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 71631
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRatMaster View Post
Inbred, elitist, irrelevant, entitled, sheltered shit birds.
I agree that the view of the British Royal Family is irrelevant. I think Harry is misguided aligning himself with Obama.

I disagree they are sheltered.

William - Operational SAR Pilot for 5 years. Did his bit in the only capacity in which he's allowed to serve.

Harry - Operational forward Air Controller and Apache crewman, pulled two weeks short of his full tour in Afghanistan due to a press leak - over his repeated protests to be kept in theater.

You may not agree with them, or the system, but they have done their bit and led from the front.
Across that angry or that glimmering sea
JonnyP is offline   Reply With Quote