Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Marketplace

Notices

Old January 01, 2018, 19:26   #1
K.O.A.M.
Registered

FALaholic #: 8025
WTS L1A1 Clone re-barreled and refinished by ARS

https://www.facebook.com/ArizonaResp...type=3&theater

WTS my L1A1 clone, recently re-barreled and refinished by Arizona Response Systems. Pictures are at the above link. Gunplumber describes it as

"Finally, we have a mixed Brit and Aussie kit on an Argentine FAL receiver. Finish is Classic Patina. This one shot straight but was "grouping" 6 inches at 25 yards. Probably the worst barrel I've seen this year. Which is odd because it looks fine, with nothing unusual with the rifling. Replaced the barrel and now it is happy and shooting to standard."

I haven't even taken it out of the box since I received it back. I have a line on something I want more, so this is up for sale. $1400 shipped to your FFL where legal with one 20 round magazine. FTF possible in Central Florida (Seminole County area). I take postal money orders or cashier's checks. SOLD PENDING FUNDS

I haven't taken it out of the box, so any pictures other than the ones taken by GP won't be instantaneous. That being said, you have the description and pictures taken by the premier FAL builder in the country. This is not cross posted. Email at davidrlane@yahoo.com for questions or "I'll take it"SOLD PENDING FUNDS

Thanks for looking

Last edited by K.O.A.M.; January 02, 2018 at 18:13.
K.O.A.M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 01, 2018, 21:02   #2
VAplinker
Registered

FALaholic #: 78941
G'day mate!

If this is the one pictured in the wood furniture (I am sure it is, just want to confirm), than I will take it.

Please PM me your particulars, and I will do likewise. I have one ARS Rhodie build, and it is fantastic. Look forward to this one!
VAplinker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 01, 2018, 21:48   #3
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 96
yeah, Argy receiver with the serial number located such that I could attempt the Aussie lightening cuts. Still haven't mastered that end radius manually, but it's pretty good and with the second barrel, it's a good shooter. First one was horrible! Pre-94, I believe, for those in ban states. I don't know if it's pre-89. Stock is UK walnut with repaired crack - brass allthread, handguards, don't know if Aussie or US, repaired crack (not by me). Good value at the price, in my opinion.

Better pics

Old January 01, 2018, 22:10   #4
VAplinker
Registered

FALaholic #: 78941
Very nice - appreciate the added information, Gunplumber! I am pretty stoked. Was kinda thinking of holding out for another Rhodie, but I ought to diversify. I have shades of kiwi in my blood, so I reckon this needs a place in the locker.

Looking forward to it, fellas. She will be shot. Another beaut, Mark!

VAplinker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 13:14   #5
01BIRDDOG
Registered

FALaholic #: 54639
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunplumber View Post
yeah, Argy receiver with the serial number located such that I could attempt the Aussie lightening cuts. Still haven't mastered that end radius manually, but it's pretty good and with the second barrel, it's a good shooter. First one was horrible! Pre-94, I believe, for those in ban states. I don't know if it's pre-89. Stock is UK walnut with repaired crack - brass allthread, handguards, don't know if Aussie or US, repaired crack (not by me). Good value at the price, in my opinion.

Better pics

GB the radius cuts looks good to me.....I can remember over the years so many different cuts that were good some with some bad "oops" also. One very nice L1A1 i think.
01BIRDDOG is online now   Reply With Quote