The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The FN Files

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 26, 2017, 05:15   #1
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 19226
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: brabant/Belgium - collecting
Posts: 2,306
Smile Cool FN - Browning movie

Recently i spotted this FN-Browning movie. It's french-Dutch subtitled.
https://vimeo.com/194949893

I collect FN/Browning stuff for 28 years now. It is impossible to not find it cool!
I admit, i'm addicted

















paco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2017, 08:18   #2
steveTA1983
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 80139
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Lake in the hills, IL
Posts: 147
On the subject of FN Browning's, I'll post mine. My grandfather captured all matching pre-war (1936 or 1937) Hi-Power. Also have the GI bring back slip as well. I've shot it a few times (extremely accurate). It's a safe queen though, as I already broke the internal extractor (was lucky to find a replacement Belgian one though at a very high price)





steveTA1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2017, 08:33   #3
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 19226
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: brabant/Belgium - collecting
Posts: 2,306
Thats is one nice FN GP35 you got.

Belgian Army stamps.

Drop a pm if you need original Belgian Army GP HP parts
paco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2017, 10:28   #4
steveTA1983
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 80139
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Lake in the hills, IL
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by paco View Post
Thats is one nice FN GP35 you got.

Belgian Army stamps.

Drop a pm if you need original Belgian Army GP HP parts
Thanks! It's my pride and joy and will never leave my family. Wouldnt happen to have the matching serial # shoulder stock (or any original one) laying around would you ?
steveTA1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2017, 11:17   #5
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 19226
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: brabant/Belgium - collecting
Posts: 2,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveTA1983 View Post


Thanks! It's my pride and joy and will never leave my family. Wouldnt happen to have the matching serial # shoulder stock (or any original one) laying around would you ?
They were not matching to my opinion.
I never saw a matching set.

My craziest achievement on serialmatching is to locate an obsolete WILD 4x scope in the USA and having me the correspondenting FN israelian Mauser sniper rifle in Belgium. Both same serial...

Traded it for a Belgian Army stamped minimi
idf got rid of the WILD scope very fast and putted NIMROD's on (much better)
So, original scopes were dumped 40 years before the rifles...



paco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2017, 11:27   #6
steveTA1983
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 80139
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Lake in the hills, IL
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by paco View Post
They were not matching to my opinion.
I never saw a matching set.

My craziest achievement on serialmatching is to locate an obsolete WILD 4x scope in the USA and having me the correspondenting FN israelian Mauser sniper rifle in Belgium. Both same serial...

Traded it for a Belgian Army stamped minimi
idf got rid of the WILD scope very fast and putted NIMROD's on (much better)
So, original scopes were dumped 40 years before the rifles...



Damn!! Absolutely beautiful!! Don't even want to know what that's worth lol!
steveTA1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2017, 13:05   #7
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 19226
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: brabant/Belgium - collecting
Posts: 2,306
Big difference between worth and payed...
paco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2017, 14:20   #8
steveTA1983
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 80139
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Lake in the hills, IL
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by paco View Post
Big difference between worth and payed...
Lol good point!
steveTA1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2017, 17:46   #9
Falcon
Curio & Relic
Contributor
 
Falcon's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 2049
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Alabama
Posts: 3,064
About 15 years ago, Old Sacramento Armory imported a limited number of these IDF 98k snipers and sold them w/o scope for $450.
__________________
Nicht Amboss Sondern Hammer
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2017, 18:45   #10
skinnydash
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 79317
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: St Petersburg FL
Posts: 99
My dad added 2 more firearms this Christmas to our ever growing collection. One of them was this...

I was going to ask Paco if he would please post that picture of the FN chocolate gun mold. Before I could, Paco starts this thread and looky what's in the second picture. Too bad what I have isn't a FN product, but I can hope. Thanks Paco!
skinnydash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2017, 04:15   #11
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 19226
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: brabant/Belgium - collecting
Posts: 2,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnydash View Post
My dad added 2 more firearms this Christmas to our ever growing collection. One of them was this...

I was going to ask Paco if he would please post that picture of the FN chocolate gun mold. Before I could, Paco starts this thread and looky what's in the second picture. Too bad what I have isn't a FN product, but I can hope. Thanks Paco!
Those molds were made in Holland at the mold factory. I spotted 2 brands sofar.
one has nice details, the other is rather basic.
For sure, succes of your product can be measured by the clones and merchandising.





check out that 1922 aluminium toy pistol
paco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2017, 20:37   #12
skinnydash
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 79317
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: St Petersburg FL
Posts: 99
As always, you are willing to share your knowledge and collection with us. Thanks paco!
skinnydash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2017, 15:01   #13
whos2kno
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 80076
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: atlanta
Posts: 21
VERY COOL COLLECTION

what is the scoop on the fn badge (blue with broken arrow)
never seen one of those before

never mind!!!!!!!!!!!
just found out that FN made bikes

I just learned something

now time to find a badge

Last edited by whos2kno; December 28, 2017 at 15:12.
whos2kno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2017, 18:37   #14
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 19226
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: brabant/Belgium - collecting
Posts: 2,306
Fn made many things. Bikes, motorcycles, tricar, parachutable AS24 trikes, cars, busses lorries, elevators, milkmachines, jetengine, AA guns, Shermantracks, jerrycans,

You name it, thay made it
paco is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fal, fn herstal, paco

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The FAL Files