The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The FN Files

Notices

Old December 26, 2017, 18:31   #51
kev
Old Fart
Contributor

FALaholic #: 71
Do you mean that you wouldn't have bought it or that someone else would have gotten to it before you did?

Just got back from the mailbox and my stuff is here too. Pics were actually pretty good (although I had to copy and paste the pic address to get them to show)so I knew exactly what I was buying,......three nice saw-cut center sections,.......two large Imbels and a somewhat shorter T-1 of some sort. How can you beat twenty bucks apiece? They all had the E Block and LS installed. Good deal, relatively good communications, and quick shipping. I got to emailing with the guy and he has a primo item that anyone here would jump on but I'll let him decide whether to list it or not. I just gave him an idea of what it might be worth so he wouldn't take a massive thousand dollar hit on it. From what he told me, funds generated from these sales are going to a good cause.

RUE?
kev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2017, 21:36   #52
Riddbits
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 35332
Sorry I was out. I logged off to enjoy time with the family. On a positive note, I received my magazines today as well.
Old December 28, 2017, 06:17   #53
SCHALLERJOHN
Registered

FALaholic #: 9503
I took the leap of faith...FFL sent two days ago and payment sent yesterday. Waiting on the seller to confirm receipt of each. Anyone get shipping notification for a receiver?
SCHALLERJOHN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2017, 11:43   #54
Orion the Hunter
Registered

FALaholic #: 62009
Schallerjohn: I made contact..

I was able to get in contact with the seller the other day (second ring). He apologized for the delay and thanked me for making contact. He said that he just got back from being out of town and left his roommate tasked with sales/shipping (which looks like there was his fatal flaw). The Seller said he would email me the total after he figured out the shipping. He asked to give it about 10 minutes. Just as he said, 10 minutes later, I got his reply with the total (just had to make sure my stuff would properly fit in a small flat rate).

You might want to give him a call if things aren’t working out? If you don’t have his number, drop me a PM and I can reply it back to you. Other than the cracked stock comment, it looks to me like this guy is on the up-and-up.
Orion the Hunter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2017, 12:03   #55
lockjaw
Not a gimp RR 11B40 B4
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 64904
Blaming on roommate, wife, neighbor, dog..... convenient and common excuses.

Not disclosing a significant and obvious crack in the stock is "on the up and up."

Hopefully the receiver arrives.... and hopefully it hasn't been Bubbafied in some way. If so, you did well on your gamble!
lockjaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2017, 16:15   #56
Orion the Hunter
Registered

Lockjaw: Nope, no excuse for that!

I went through the same thing with an Egyptian FN49 where the guy actually had the ears of the front site ground off and never said a word. Then he claimed “no cracks” and every freaking piece of furniture was cracked. He also “made me a deal” on a replacement stock added to the cost (which was a fair price) other than the fact that he neglected to tell me all I was getting was the stock. Apparently “Full Complete stock” in his inbred language means “no Handguards or anything else)”. When I discover he had a Firing Pin that was broken and ground down (it would not fire) I was pissed! Too costly to send it back...so I have him a negative and fixed everything I could. So, I agree with you! If I was you I would call him back for a refund of sorts. I won’t be totally convinced he is up-and-up until my dustcovers arrive as stated NOS.

Last edited by Orion the Hunter; December 28, 2017 at 16:25.
Old January 09, 2018, 10:18   #57
SCHALLERJOHN
Registered

FALaholic #: 9503
Looks like buyers are posting feedback...that is a good sign. I am still waiting on shipping notice. No comms since 12/29.

Update: Received a tracking number via email on the 8th. As of the morning of the 11th only a label had been created, nothing received by USPS to ship.

Last edited by SCHALLERJOHN; January 11, 2018 at 08:33.
SCHALLERJOHN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 10, 2018, 04:24   #58
Orion the Hunter
Registered

Nothing....

Ya...not so much impressed. Thankfully, I didn't bid on anything but a couple of small items. I have made contact and emailed several times. He picks up the phone and everything sound hunky-dory...but nothing has arrived in my mailbox.

I would NOT recommend doing business with this seller. Just saying.
Old January 25, 2018, 16:47   #59
Slapper
Registered

FALaholic #: 80463
The Seller

Been meaning to post here. I see we have created quite the controversy. I am the one who is selling all these items (to be more specific, I am the one responding to the emails, and trying to fix the issues). A friend of our organization helped list all the items, We should have taken more time and not rushed to get everything posted because it was quite overwhelming. I know there were some issues, from pictures not posting to incorrect information. There were also shipping delays and contact issues. I am working to fix all of those issues.

I do not know much about FALs. I do not know much about selling on Gunbroker. I am learning.

I have corrected the mistakes and will be more diligent from now on. My team and I appreciate those that purchased from us and those who will be purchasing more items. Everything we sell is real; we are not scamming anyone.

On a lighter note, we have many more items for sale on gunbroker to include:

An Unfired Lithgow L1A1A with accessories.
Another Enterprise Receiver
Plus more FAL/L1A1 parts
Also some AKs, if you are into that kind of thing.
Russian Scopes
And a couple of 30-06 Enfields

Again, I apologize for any issues I may have caused and look forward to hearing from all of you on the forums. Please let me know how I can improve in the future, or if I'm under valuing my items.

Jamison
Slapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2018, 16:56   #60
lelandEOD
Registered

FALaholic #: 35009
I'll add this: I bought the Aussie cut Enterprise receiver and it arrived in perfect condition. We had some communication hiccups but overall I am very happy. Jamison was very accommodating to my concerns as well.
lelandEOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2018, 04:23   #61
Chester Nimitz
Registered

FALaholic #: 28033
Welcome aboard Slapper. Like I said, "Stand and Deliver". FYI, you did several redeeming thing in the early days: I asked you a question, you gave me a reasonable answer. I asked you for a photograph with my name in the background, and you did not balk. I paid you for item and you delivered.

I am very impressed with your current offerings and the presentation is a major improvement. You have a lot of stuff I wish I could afford right now.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/741108807

Thank you, good luck and God Bless.

Last edited by Chester Nimitz; January 29, 2018 at 10:16.
Chester Nimitz is offline   Reply With Quote