The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapons Discussion > General Firearms Discussion

Notices

Old December 20, 2017, 07:22   #1
Bubacus
Registered

FALaholic #: 13971
Pistol Instructor From the Hood...

My god, someone actually pays this guy to teach them about something he learned on the internet. Talk about muzzle sweep. I feel for the poor ladies trying to follow this insanity:

Old December 20, 2017, 08:07   #2
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
You discovered VODA.
https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2015/1...d-credentials/
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 20, 2017, 08:12   #3
mutter
Registered

FALaholic #: 22871
This one is more informative

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb9j2ZThHlU
mutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 20, 2017, 13:18   #4
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
only one of us in this room pofessional enuf to hannle this glock...my mother ******* balls cover this mother ******* gun...
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 20, 2017, 13:19   #5
Raggedwhole!
completely lost it -- BANNED

FALaholic #: 74227
Quote:
Originally Posted by justashooter View Post
only one of us in this room pofessional enuf to hannle this glock...
Dis here a Glock 17. Classic.
Raggedwhole! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20, 2017, 13:24   #6
medicmike
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutter View Post
This one is more informative

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb9j2ZThHlU

That one is great!

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20, 2017, 13:30   #7
Raggedwhole!

Honestly, I don't even want to watch the video. I can imagine a pistol being held sideways. Nevermind the golden rules being broken one by one repeatedly.
Old December 20, 2017, 20:29   #8
abbynormal
Registered

FALaholic #: 18513
In the words of the illustrious Bugs Bunny: "What a tool!'
Old December 20, 2017, 21:48   #9
Trypcil
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
Gunnebonics!

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -- Voltaire

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The point of the journey, is not to arrive..." Hexabuzz.
Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 20, 2017, 22:16   #10
Raggedwhole!

I am going to be a little more thoughtful then my prior posts in this thread. I am glad that there are people that arm and train themselves in these communities. Why should they let thugs take over. Look at two women in the thread. I see Americans that have a need to be armed and I think it's great. They are being proactive and getting firearms training that they are comfortable with. I would rather see them being self reliant than conditioned to being at the mercy of uncle sugar. Granted it isn't the greatest training I have seen but there is intent, thought and that is good.
Old December 21, 2017, 06:53   #11
Bubacus
Registered

FALaholic #: 13971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggedwhole! View Post
I am going to be a little more thoughtful then my prior posts in this thread. I am glad that there are people that arm and train themselves in these communities. Why should they let thugs take over. Look at two women in the thread. I see Americans that have a need to be armed and I think it's great. They are being proactive and getting firearms training that they are comfortable with. I would rather see them being self reliant than conditioned to being at the mercy of uncle sugar. Granted it isn't the greatest training I have seen but there is intent, thought and that is good.
I fully agree that the intent is great. In fact I think a lot of fear and perception of lack of control would change if more folks were armed and trained properly. However, This guy is the equivalent of trying to learn from a drivers ed instructor who is perpetually drunk.

Old December 21, 2017, 10:42   #12
BiGB808
Registered

FALaholic #: 18195
Impressive cqb knife /gun play..haha : )

Atleast he is trying to spread self reliance
Old December 21, 2017, 12:19   #13
Raggedwhole!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubacus View Post
I fully agree that the intent is great. In fact I think a lot of fear and perception of lack of control would change if more folks were armed and trained properly. However, This guy is the equivalent of trying to learn from a drivers ed instructor who is perpetually drunk.

Wow. Loss of words.
Old December 21, 2017, 13:22   #14
JColdIron
Registered

FALaholic #: 24587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Story View Post
I ran into this same guy at the Fayetteville or Raleigh show years ago hawking some sort of cell phone holster/concealed pistol holster. Cell on the outside of the waistband, pistol IWB.

Goes to show how you could pull out the pistol from a seated position on a flimsy Gun Show chair... leans way back to get it past his gut and the chair back snapped off.

He went feet over ass backwards off the chair in an almost cartoon manner, got up like nothing happened and continued his sales pitch.

I was less than impressed.
JColdIron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 21, 2017, 19:46   #15
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala_Guy View Post
Fat Pistelero
You know his ARFCOM screenname?

Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 22, 2017, 12:15   #16
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Story View Post
You know his ARFCOM screenname?
for the win!
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 22, 2017, 16:50   #17
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
Had no idea what VODA was and had to look it up. Unfortunately his web page is still functional and requires a password to visit the GUEST section. His "published" works are still available on a different page, but I did not check to see if the links were still valid. His bio proudly states that he enlisted in the US Army and his teaching firearms and tactical principles are partially based upon his tenure in the Army. OBTW, he states that he graduated with a certificate from Ft Sam Houston as an MOS 68M. Here is the Army's description of that MOS:

JOB DUTIES
Performs basic dietetic functions in a hospital, clinic, or field environment
Provides nutritional treatment and basic level counseling to patients in nutrition clinics, health promotion and wellness clinics and classroom settings
Assists dietitians or superiors in food service supervision, planning, and production operations
Performs nutrition assessment screenings of individual patients for nutritional requirements and restrictions; provides recommendations on food item selection

Guess that is why he like to use a knife. The Army trained him to use it.

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 23, 2017, 07:50   #18
yovinny
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 7679
Quote:
Originally Posted by tac-40 View Post
Had no idea what VODA was and had to look it up. Unfortunately his web page is still functional and requires a password to visit the GUEST section. His "published" works are still available on a different page, but I did not check to see if the links were still valid. His bio proudly states that he enlisted in the US Army and his teaching firearms and tactical principles are partially based upon his tenure in the Army. OBTW, he states that he graduated with a certificate from Ft Sam Houston as an MOS 68M. Here is the Army's description of that MOS:

JOB DUTIES
Performs basic dietetic functions in a hospital, clinic, or field environment
Provides nutritional treatment and basic level counseling to patients in nutrition clinics, health promotion and wellness clinics and classroom settings
Assists dietitians or superiors in food service supervision, planning, and production operations
Performs nutrition assessment screenings of individual patients for nutritional requirements and restrictions; provides recommendations on food item selection

Guess that is why he like to use a knife. The Army trained him to use it.
First mess kit repair battalion, Spoon platoon...
yovinny is offline   Reply With Quote