Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The AR Files

Notices

Old December 06, 2017, 16:25   #1
fal308762
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 80348
CA law

the ban that is about to happen here in ca. what is the law. I have a colt m4 223 and a 308 wyndham. both have flash hiders. I have adapted my 30 round mags to 10. I have bought the plastic anti thumb bs that fits on the hand grip. what else do I need to do thanks.
fal308762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 06, 2017, 17:43   #2
NFADLR
Banned

FALaholic #: 7480
#1 If you are using a monsterman grip or something equivalent you can't have a flash hider.

I also advise putting away those 30/10 round mags and use factory 10 round only mags.

I suggest getting a thread protector as you are at the mercy of a ignorant cop if you put a muzzle brake and the cop does not know the difference and locks you up because your rifle has a muzzle device on it and the cop is inexperienced in what is a flash hider and what is a muzzle brake!!

If you want a flash hider run a fixed mag build with one of the little things that takes the place of the hold open device as shown below.

IMO this device complies with the need to partly disassemble the rifle to drop the magazine and reload, I'm not a lawyer and this is not legal advise it's just my best guess on what can make the rifle legal

NFADLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 08, 2017, 15:42   #3
Jarhead504
Registered

FALaholic #: 65022
I'm not a lawyer either but I did stay a night at a Holiday Inn. Your best solution, and I am sure many FALaholics will agree, is for you and your loved ones to get out of Kalifornia as quickly and safely as possible. It is NEVER going to get any better for you out there, short of a major environmental/geophysical catastrophe that will allow the survivors to re-write the rules the marxists have forced on you since the marxist take-over of that once great state.

In the meantime, just do what the other posters told you about replacing the flash suppressor with a threaded cap.

Jarhead
Jarhead504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 08, 2017, 15:59   #4
fal308762
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead504 View Post
I'm not a lawyer either but I did stay a night at a Holiday Inn. Your best solution, and I am sure many FALaholics will agree, is for you and your loved ones to get out of Kalifornia as quickly and safely as possible. It is NEVER going to get any better for you out there, short of a major environmental/geophysical catastrophe that will allow the survivors to re-write the rules the marxists have forced on you since the marxist take-over of that once great state.

In the meantime, just do what the other posters told you about replacing the flash suppressor with a threaded cap.

Jarhead

thanks
Old December 08, 2017, 16:01   #5
NFADLR
Banned

Beyond what has been already said above have a look at calguns.net and have a look on their main page for the AW flowchart.

With the fixed mag build using the device I have shown above if you want to use a different build it should give you more law than I can remember at the moment.

Reason being is the laws have changed and are changing month it seems.
Old December 08, 2017, 16:05   #6
pre1989
Registered

FALaholic #: 76523
To echo what others said ..Check CALgun

Did you RAW them ? If so nothings changes other then maybe trasport storage laws ..If not then yes it is have to be feturless ie fixed stock non pistol grip no flash hider

I would second the above about the muzzle nut as well
pre1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 08, 2017, 19:37   #7
fal308762
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre1989 View Post
To echo what others said ..Check CALgun

Did you RAW them ? If so nothings changes other then maybe trasport storage laws ..If not then yes it is have to be feturless ie fixed stock non pistol grip no flash hider

I would second the above about the muzzle nut as well
I have not RAW I have pinned the adjustable stocks I have 10 round mags. looks like I will buy the little pin device that replaces the mag release. where can I buy a barrel nut to replace the flash hider.. and thanks again
Old December 08, 2017, 19:59   #8
NFADLR
Banned

The device I have shown makes the AR compliant without monkeying with the mag release FYI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fal308762 View Post
I have not RAW I have pinned the adjustable stocks I have 10 round mags. looks like I will buy the little pin device that replaces the mag release. where can I buy a barrel nut to replace the flash hider.. and thanks again
Old December 08, 2017, 20:55   #9
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead504 View Post
Running away might not solve the problem, instead just postponing it. They might follow you and then start taking over wherever you go to.
raubvogel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 09, 2017, 01:23   #10
Tuscan Raider
Registered

FALaholic #: 19668
Live close to Nevada?😉

Ghandi

"We, here in America, hold in our hands the hopes of the world, the fate of the coming years; and shame and disgrace will be ours if in our eyes the light of high resolve is dimmed, if we trail in the dust the golden hopes of men."

Theodore Roosevelt
Address at Carnegie Hall
March 30, 1912
Tuscan Raider is online now   Reply With Quote