The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Police Issues

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 01, 2017, 07:48   #1
Story
Registered
 
Story's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 7638
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Right here
Posts: 9,003
KY Jelly Time

He’s going to prison for shooting a cop. The cop taunted him with K-Y Jelly in court.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nati...187445743.html

<- Joke 'splained
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 01, 2017, 07:55   #2
easttex
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 20438
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 2,939
Nice.
__________________
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Molon labe
easttex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 01, 2017, 14:25   #3
Peconga
Registered
 
Peconga's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 1881
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 1,364
The perp may be getting what he deserves, but the cop is clearly a moron.

First, he put his own child in grave danger by attempting to pull over the perp for reckless driving, while his own kid was in the passenger seat next to him. This is like taking your son to a feedlot for career day, and then blaming the cows for getting sh*t on his shoes. Next, he disgraces his own agency and LEOs everywhere by indulging in this childish "K-Y" stunt in full view of the public, with video cameras rolling. As everyone knows, taunting and abuse of prisoners is traditionally done behind closed doors or during transport. Just sayin'....

Finally, the presiding judge lays the foundation for an appeal by stating “I’m pretty sure Mr. Rojas doesn’t understand what the rest of his life means." In other words, the judge publicly states that, in his professional opinion, the accused was incapable of understanding the consequences of his actions i.e. was not mentally competent during the trial. On top of that, the judge failed to verbally reprimand the cop for the taunting incident or threaten him with contempt of court (accompanied by a nod-and-wink, of course). If taken to an appellate court, this could be used to demonstrate bias on the part of the judge, since condoning such abusive behavior of a prisoner is an implicit endorsement of it. This could potentially lead to a significant reduction in the sentence, if not outright reversal.

Of course it goes without saying that Señor Rojas (the perp) is also an idiot, but it does make one wonder what sort of stupid they are putting in the water down there in Jacksonville.

Last edited by Peconga; December 01, 2017 at 21:28.
Peconga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 01, 2017, 15:57   #4
John A
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 73828
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NOT california
Posts: 717
Why would an off duty police officer be using his patrol car for personal use?

In most places that I know of, is considered a waste of taxpayer dollars at minimum, increases wear and tear on taxpayer owned vehicles unnecessarily, and not including the fuel that is being used for a purpose other than what it is supposed to be going toward. Even if the school is in the immediate route the officer would take from his home to the office from break wear and idling while sitting in a line of cars in the school drop off zone.
John A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 01, 2017, 16:59   #5
Riversidesports
Banned
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 36091
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by John A View Post
Why would an off duty police officer be using his patrol car for personal use?

In most places that I know of, is considered a waste of taxpayer dollars at minimum, increases wear and tear on taxpayer owned vehicles unnecessarily, and not including the fuel that is being used for a purpose other than what it is supposed to be going toward. Even if the school is in the immediate route the officer would take from his home to the office from break wear and idling while sitting in a line of cars in the school drop off zone.
well more to it John

This Cowbow was allegedly some undercover officer. That's why they won't release his name and why you don't see him in the video.
As such he wasn't in a patrol car, unmarked...probably no hidden lights behind the grill either. Might have been his own car he gets a per diem on.

Now that said what kind of idiot UC Officer takes chase on a traffic violation with the kid in the car ?
I mean he is totally blowing cover

Further, as a UC he probably looks like a total scumbag. So you have an apparent scumbag trying to force you to the shoulder. No squad car, no uniform what do you do if say you are CCW ?
Yeah, you might just shoot the MF'er too.

This crap does not happen very often but there have been cases of Cowboy coppers getting themselves lit up but good pulling stunts off duty. Knew of one case where an off duty guy forced a gal into the ditch over running a stop sign. When he attempted to drag her out of her wreaked car she capped him right in the eyeball with a Beretta .32
No charges, she was on the phone with 911 when it all went down.

To me at least this is another case of Dumb Cop, No Doughnut
kind of moron you really do not want in LE
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 01, 2017, 18:00   #6
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 14,915
The untold story is that the perp is probably an illegal alien, "child arrival" brought in by Obama, and is part of an MS-13 gang.

"He did not understand the gravity of his crimes", said the Judge.
WTF? No speekee anglis?

That the cop was off duty, but wearing police garb indicates that he was on the way to work AFTER dropping the kid off at school, and this MS-13 rat was so reckless, so wild with that Caddy drug wagon......... that the cop had to act.

The MS-13 shot at the cop 3 times; that is about a death sentence anywhere, and the K-Y taunt was just a good cop, handing out advice like, "look both ways before crossing the street."

Since then the cops has gone UC, probably to work with ATF agents to grab illegal MG-ghostgun owners.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 01, 2017, 18:51   #7
Riversidesports
Banned
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 36091
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
The untold story is that the perp is probably an illegal alien, "child arrival" brought in by Obama, and is part of an MS-13 gang.

"He did not understand the gravity of his crimes", said the Judge.
WTF? No speekee anglis?

That the cop was off duty, but wearing police garb indicates that he was on the way to work AFTER dropping the kid off at school, and this MS-13 rat was so reckless, so wild with that Caddy drug wagon......... that the cop had to act.

The MS-13 shot at the cop 3 times; that is about a death sentence anywhere, and the K-Y taunt was just a good cop, handing out advice like, "look both ways before crossing the street."

Since then the cops has gone UC, probably to work with ATF agents to grab illegal MG-ghostgun owners.
nope your piggie was UC at time of his shitting the bed
There was no "cop garb"
Any link stating that ?
How do you do undercover with that shit you moron.

thats right
You can't
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 01, 2017, 19:01   #8
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 14,915
He was not undercover 2 years ago, you illiterate moron, read the article; he was "off duty"/not on duty", taking his kid to school, WHILE WEARING A POLICE VEST.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...man-court.html

That is not undercover work, it is called, "taking your kid to school, work", and then reporting for duty. Parents often do that, but then you probably are not a parent.

He hit the cop in the head, hand and stomach.

I know you hate cops, and your probation/parole officer.

You ought to take advantage of some community college courses.

Last edited by V guy; December 01, 2017 at 19:07.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 01, 2017, 19:17   #9
Riversidesports
Banned
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 36091
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
He was not undercover 2 years ago, you illiterate moron, read the article; he was "off duty"/not on duty", taking his kid to school, WHILE WEARING A POLICE VEST.

That is not undercover work, it is "taking your kid to school, work", and then reporting for duty. Parents often do that, but then you probably are not a parent.

I know you hate cops, and your probation/parole officer.

You ought to take advantage of some community college courses.
Better hash up V, read other stories as yeah he IS a UC
shit dude why do you think he isn't ID'd or showed in even Court Room video ?
Are you that stupid ?

Vest don't mean shit
I know folks who are not badges who wear them steady

Never hated LE, dad was Federal you fuktard
I do detest stupidity

No PO here but how are your sessions going at the center V
are they still giving you the meds to shrink your nutz to prevent you from attacking little boys faggot ?

I'd drop al this nasty inuendo but you keep up your blood libel child rapist.

So do carry on if you will
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 01, 2017, 19:21   #10
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 14,915
This incident happened two years ago, BEFORE he was undercover, but he is undercover NOW, 2 years ago.

"WORDS, THEM COMPLICATED LETTERS."
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 01, 2017, 20:26   #11
Sagerider
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 66564
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 2,940
We have this thing called the Eigth Amendment prohibiting cruel and unusual punishment. Being raped in prison by God only knows what disease caring animal sounds to me like cruel and unusual punishment to me. Just sayin.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eigh...s_Constitution
__________________
The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.

Matthew 25:1 thru 25:10 Be ready!

The written word sometimes like poetry is never really finished but merely abandoned.

I live alone in the middle of nowhere with two dogs and a cat, what do you think about that.

The wind blows, the rain falls, the flag snaps its bravery in the dark as two dogs boil for attention at my feet.

Of course it is a true story. You just couldn't make up something like that, no way.

Last edited by Sagerider; December 01, 2017 at 20:39.
Sagerider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 01, 2017, 20:28   #12
Riversidesports
Banned
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 36091
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
This incident happened two years ago, BEFORE he was undercover, but he is undercover NOW, 2 years ago.

"WORDS, THEM COMPLICATED LETTERS."
Okay, show me. If I am wrong unlike you I am wrong V
maybe I am ?

maybe you are just making things up again

btw most jurisdictions have rules about what you can and can't do with a ride along
this cowboy went stupid, exposed his child to shit

No matter what else that's still Dumb Cop, no Doughnut Award of the year
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 01, 2017, 20:30   #13
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 14,915
READ THE FRIGGIN ARTICLES IN THE LINKS
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 01, 2017, 21:15   #14
Riversidesports
Banned
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 36091
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
READ THE FRIGGIN ARTICLES IN THE LINKS
been there, done that your retardedness

how about specific quotes or is that too hard on your Web TV

Idiot.

Read through assorted news pieces again, never found even one stating was in a squad car, etc.
Main deal was he was allegedly wearing body armor stating police on it.
that don't mean much to me, on ten or twenty minutes I can fake up that.

Now don't get me wrong, the perp is a scumbag but this piggie is really no hero either
disarm the dumbass and station him in a mall at best

Last edited by Riversidesports; December 01, 2017 at 21:28.
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 01, 2017, 22:44   #15
Story
Registered
 
Story's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 7638
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Right here
Posts: 9,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peconga View Post
Of course it goes without saying that Señor Rojas (the perp) is also an idiot, but it does make one wonder what sort of stupid they are putting in the water down there in Jacksonville.
Baxters on one side.

Rojos on the other.
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 01, 2017, 22:51   #16
12v71
Perched in the MP
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 71127
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: I'l know when I get there.
Posts: 6,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Story View Post
Baxters on one side.

Rojos on the other.
"My mistake... Four coffins"
__________________
"Can you lock him out of the marketplace?": My other half talking to Brunop in 2014.

"Freedom is not a crime"

I'm a heavy equipment mechanic because brain surgery was far too easy.
12v71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 01, 2017, 23:38   #17
garandguy10
Registered
 
garandguy10's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10840
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: some where
Posts: 3,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
He was not undercover 2 years ago, you illiterate moron, read the article; he was "off duty"/not on duty", taking his kid to school, WHILE WEARING A POLICE VEST.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...man-court.html

That is not undercover work, it is called, "taking your kid to school, work", and then reporting for duty. Parents often do that, but then you probably are not a parent.

He hit the cop in the head, hand and stomach.

I know you hate cops, and your probation/parole officer.

You ought to take advantage of some community college courses.
I do not know what the Policies & Procedures are for his Dept., but generally speaking, employees taking their child to school in, or using publicly owned vehicles for personnel errands is frowned upon. But cops are special..Ahem...

However, I do find the KY gag to be funny as hell....LOL

Glad things worked out as well as they did.
garandguy10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 01, 2017, 23:56   #18
Riversidesports
Banned
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 36091
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by garandguy10 View Post
I do not know what the Policies & Procedures are for his Dept., but generally speaking, employees taking their child to school in, or using publicly owned vehicles for personnel errands is frowned upon. But cops are special..Ahem...

However, I do find the KY gag to be funny as hell....LOL

Glad things worked out as well as they did.
Shit, try chasing down a traffic violator with your kid in the car while off duty !

Then officer cowboy whines in court about the perp placing his kid in danger.

ummm, just who placed the child in danger ?
the idiot with a badge

Yeah, the KY stunt is funny but this officer should be demoted to Dog Catcher
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 02, 2017, 00:19   #19
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 14,915
The best part of this, is that you cannot read, nor do you understand time.

Two years ago, when the incident happened, as the "word-pictures" made up of letters, talk/speak to the elders..........the word pictographs in English, tell out the legend of what was happening back then.

For the illiterate, two years ago, is many many moons ago, 2 winters ago, two harvests ago, and far too many joints smoked by you to comprehend time............

The perp got out of his vehicle, shot at the cop three times thru the windshield, as the photo shows, and wounded the cop in the head, hand and stomach. Cop lived, called in other cops.

Perp stole another vehicle, with keys in the ignition and person in the drivers seat ( called car jacking), and was chased by other cops. He fled 2nd vehicle, and ran into a house where a gun battle ensued on site, and the was kid taken alive.

That was no kid, he was a homicidal illegal alien.

Now two years later (many moons later), the cop is undercover and was not photographed at the trial, where he handed the kid who you want to give a medal to, some knowledge.

Kid is in an MS-13 gang inside anyway; for life.

The perp is bad, cops are good.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 02, 2017, 01:13   #20
Riversidesports
Banned
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 36091
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
The best part of this, is that you cannot read, nor do you understand time.

Two years ago, when the incident happened, as the "word-pictures" made up of letters, talk/speak to the elders..........the word pictographs in English, tell out the legend of what was happening back then.

For the illiterate, two years ago, is many many moons ago, 2 winters ago, two harvests ago, and far too many joints smoked by you to comprehend time............

The perp got out of his vehicle, shot at the cop three times thru the windshield, as the photo shows, and wounded the cop in the head, hand and stomach. Cop lived, called in other cops.

Perp stole another vehicle, with keys in the ignition and person in the drivers seat ( called car jacking), and was chased by other cops. He fled 2nd vehicle, and ran into a house where a gun battle ensued on site, and the was kid taken alive.

That was no kid, he was a homicidal illegal alien.

Now two years later (many moons later), the cop is undercover and was not photographed at the trial, where he handed the kid who you want to give a medal to, some knowledge.

Kid is in an MS-13 gang inside anyway; for life.

The perp is bad, cops are good.
Christ how many times can you lie in one post fatty ?

This happened MARCH of 2016, not Two years ago as you claim, roughly pushing a year and a half fuckerson.

Never stated the perp was some hero just that this piggie certainly wasn't
he placed his own child in harms way over a damn traffic violation
that's no hero, that's a negligent fuk up
if he cares not for his own child just imagine where the public in general stands huh.

You still have not shown he wasn't UC a year and a half ago
all you have is your mouth'
asked you to show us otherwise, you didn't because you can't
look Jacksonville isn't some huge city, it's not like you can just take a known patrol officer, wave some magic wand and make him a UC dummy

You can do that in say New York City, not really that city. Too small really
often what happens is UC cops are rotated around quite a bit through different jurisdictions, sometimes even state to state to prevent potential exposure, running into perps that already know them
it's simple common sense, something you show very little of

Even if anyone accepts your fantasy we are stilll left with a UC with a school age kid in the car who takes chase on a traffic violation blowing cover and exposing his own child to the potential of harm

That's no "good guy", that's a dick head who the county should be seriously questioning his status as an officer as well as a custodial parent

The scumbag perp could have easily shot the child in the head all over Dad being a damn fool
So would you place your own children in that kind of danger ?

Answer me you creamy fukstain

I wouldn't, 99.9% 0f us here wouldn't you drooling cum load
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 02, 2017, 11:52   #21
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 14,915
I wanna here all about your current gun collection, including your FAL's.

Maybe you have some very rare variants? How about your AR15 type weapons?

Reloading must be huge in your household. Whats your favorite loading? Got a sniper rig?

Shutting down your FFL and gunshop was a very poor business decision back in '08, in my opinion. Many FFL's like mine, make $500-$2,000/day at $50 per, just handling NICS transfers.

Maybe your were "off the grid" between '08 and last April?

I think that we need your expertise in the technical forums about how to use an AR milling Jig and what your finished AR ghost gun projects look like.

Now I know you must have some G3 H&K type weapons around.
You sound like a 1911 man; whats your favorite concealed carry rig?

By the time a man has been around here for a while, he has let us in on most of his firearm projects.
Do you build silencers or have any class 3 items?


Now as far as the cop goes, he is a hero, and should get a medal for taking who proved to be, an extremely violent and unredeemable perp off the streets. KY jelly was deserved for sure. Shot the cop three times, he did!

I am sure that if the county was going to prosecute him, for the perp shooting thru the windsheild first-------- trying to assassinate the cop and kid, and then explaining his actions later on IN SPANISH, well that would have happened, eh?

By the way, have you got RATAS' FAL tools, for your recent builds?

http://www.twincities.com/2010/09/09...-machine-guns/
Is this you?

http://www.twincities.com/2010/06/15...l-machine-gun/
Or You?
http://www.startribune.com/federal-c...ine/369301451/
Or You?

Last edited by V guy; December 02, 2017 at 13:01.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 02, 2017, 17:16   #22
Riversidesports
Banned
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 36091
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,433
Well I don't know ANYONE charging $50 to do transfers up here, general fee is a twenty dollar bill and all the storefront FFLs in this County but one are hardware stores.
Might be another twenty operating on the kitchen table
Nobody is transferring at the volume you claim around here, then again we don't have registration either so maybe that's it huh.

We never did much in transfers and again, never ran a shop. Mostly imported down from Canada selling to other FFLs.
Imported from NZ, SA, Europe, Australia as well
Wasn't many bargains left abroad by 2008
For example up through the early 2000s one could find beater Martini and Snider rifles at Canadian shows for under $100 USD
That's mostly all gone south or up in the $400 range, no meat left on the bone.
NZ is about done too as is Australia. South Africa is getting difficult to ship out of thanks to your Negro government there.

No real modern projects, some Remington RB sporting rifles going slowly together, Winchester Lees. Working on my second Ferguson build.

No real interest in ARs or black plastic anything anymore. Been there, done that. Even if I had interest I see no economy in 80% lowers. I don't fault those who do build those things, I don't hold much interest in it though.

As far as your constant spittle regarding "Ghost" guns
I can open the local free want ads newspaper and there are ads for guns every week, heck there were three or four ARs being sold at local garage sales over the summer that I saw. Not many here see any need to build anything.
I respect it's different in ban or registration States

Not much interest in the NFA game either
1st off, MN is a C&R only state, they just opened up suppressors last year
While cans are neat, I don't have any personal use for one
That wouldn't change even were the HPA to eventually pass
For me it's in the same class as recreational MJ, even if it's legal I have no interest in indulging.

The cop is still a bozo. Yeah the perp was straight scum, never argued any different. Still doesn't change the fact the cop was the idiot who placed his own child in harms way and in a needless manner.
It's good it turned out well with the scumbag getting "life", I'd be fine if he received lethal injection but that still doesn't make the cop a hero
just another damn fool with a badge
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 02, 2017, 23:31   #23
ExCdnSoldierInTx
Banned
Gold Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 65552
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: South Central Merca
Posts: 6,872
Nope. I don't care about the particulars. Whatever happened, happened. So be it.
For the cop to flash KY Jelly at the convict, that means the cop is a SPECIAL kind of Asshole, MY kind of Asshole. I just wish I could have done it for him.
If I ever have the chance, I'm gonna buy this cop a beer.
No, this cop will never pay for booze in a bar again as long as I'm there.
I really, really like the way this guy thought.


But don't worry all you softies here. Some Lib judge will eventually poor boy's sentence to time served so he can get out to kill again. Especially if he's an illegal.

Last edited by ExCdnSoldierInTx; December 02, 2017 at 23:38.
ExCdnSoldierInTx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 03, 2017, 01:51   #24
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 14,915
2016:

27 million NICS checks on 15 million new guns, and 12 million used firearms

Black Friday this year, was 200,000 NICS checks alone.

Gunbroker sales drive gunsales transfers in gunshops. Extra income.
Stats on GB transfers are not available, but of the 27 million NICS checks done, at least 10% were probably gunbroker generated.

2.7 million x $50 = $135 million a year in extra income for shops.
$10,000 extra income a month is not unusual for shops doing GB transfers.

Last edited by V guy; December 03, 2017 at 01:59.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 03, 2017, 13:30   #25
Riversidesports
Banned
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 36091
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
2016:

27 million NICS checks on 15 million new guns, and 12 million used firearms

Black Friday this year, was 200,000 NICS checks alone.

Gunbroker sales drive gunsales transfers in gunshops. Extra income.
Stats on GB transfers are not available, but of the 27 million NICS checks done, at least 10% were probably gunbroker generated.

2.7 million x $50 = $135 million a year in extra income for shops.
$10,000 extra income a month is not unusual for shops doing GB transfers.
Well it's quite a bit more V

Many States allow one to skate around a Brady check if they possess valid CCW permit. One can likely come close to doubling your stated numbers due to that.

I honestly don't trust the used gun check numbers though, they should be double new firearms checks actually.
Most everything transferred via auctions is used, same with gun forums like the Files. I not only agree with you, I'm saying you severely undervalue the amount of movement through FFLs

In highly regulated States shops can charge more and do more transfers but that's actually a minority of States that contain large numbers of folks mostly due to expanding urban zones. Yeah like NY. Rural NY is still Gun Country as is the rural West Coast. Most of America remains cash and carry private sales V
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 03, 2017, 14:15   #26
spider991
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 35820
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,563
You guys keep saying 50$ for a transfer....who pays that? Seems horribly high.
spider991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 03, 2017, 14:28   #27
Riversidesports
Banned
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 36091
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider991 View Post
You guys keep saying 50$ for a transfer....who pays that? Seems horribly high.
I don't see it here anywhere

It's a New York and California thing spider

up through 2008 we were ten bucks or ten percent, whatever was greater and we didn't do the 10% often

98% were charged a simple 10 bucks, some we did free of any charges, just depended.
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2017, 03:47   #28
the gman
Registered
 
the gman's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 5179
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NM
Posts: 6,621
Just to clarify one assertion made by RSS: around here, our cops go into UC roles from patrol or other assignments all the time. They are infrequently burned as most of the criminal dopers are so dumb, they can't figure out who is a cop and who isn't.

I have heard them on recorded jail calls telling their buddy/mommy or their squeeze that they thought the UC might be a cop but sold them dope anyway. That's a special kind of stupid right there. Just sat in on a trial where the defendant was visibly shocked nay stunned to see what he thought was his dope dealer buddy testify against him, even though the UC copper was the one who put cuffs on him... Truly, you cannot make this shit up.

Regarding cops having their kids in their vehicles? It depends on the agency. I just jumped over to the Sheriff's Office from a city PD where I was a detective. I was allowed to pick up my kid in my detective vehicle if it was on my way to or from work or if I was on call. At the SO, that's no bueno and not usually allowed unless it's a family emergency.

Unless I saw a person driving so recklessly it was clear they were placing the public in immediate threat of great bodily injury or death, I would just call it in on my radio and try to follow as best I could unless i had full emergency equipment (complete lights/sirens and in car video) in my unit. With my kid in the car, they would have to be doing something insane for me to try to pull them over.
__________________
A sucking chest wound is God's way of telling you that you will take no further part in the firefight.

God is on the side, not of the big battalions, but of the best shots- Voltaire

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
-Alexis de Tocqueville
the gman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2017, 04:30   #29
Andy the Aussie
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor
 
Andy the Aussie's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 216
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Down Under
Posts: 15,695
Different country/rules of course but out here family/friends in a service vehicle is a big no no !!! Same as any kind of private travel in a service vehicle, even stopping at a location on your route of travel base/home/base can cause you grief. The only exceptions being at a certain rank there are options to package a car as part of your salary, the private use is paid for in pre-tax dollars (based on vehicle logs submitted monthly), in such cases family/friends etc can be transported without issue.
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by GOVT1911
You could do some searching and find a nice TLC and do the same thing, still saving a bunch of $$ and end up with a nice, comfortable CAPABLE rig...
(Jiminy Christmas, did I just recommend a 'yota?!!??)
Andy the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2017, 12:13   #30
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 14,915
FFL dealers have to send out a copy of their FFL to the seller.

FFL dealers then receive the weapon in interstate commerce and have to sign the weapon INTO their bound book...all GB sales are "book guns."
That goes for receivers too.

Buyer comes in, has to fill out a 4473, pass the NICS check, and only then is the weapon transferred.

Dealers no longer do that for $10 per transfer.

In metropolitan areas there are gun dealers who only do GB transfers and make a very handsome living on the side.
Sotre owned rack guns sell more slowly, and of course the $50 fee is not charged on in store rack guns.

Whether it is $25, $40 or $50, no one rides for free on a GB transfer.

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/...state.pdf/view

Minnesota had 585,000 NICS checks in 2017.
ATF comes in regularly and copies data on EBR sales.

Last edited by V guy; December 04, 2017 at 18:59.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2017, 21:15   #31
Riversidesports
Banned
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 36091
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
FFL dealers have to send out a copy of their FFL to the seller.

FFL dealers then receive the weapon in interstate commerce and have to sign the weapon INTO their bound book...all GB sales are "book guns."
That goes for receivers too.

Buyer comes in, has to fill out a 4473, pass the NICS check, and only then is the weapon transferred.

Dealers no longer do that for $10 per transfer.

In metropolitan areas there are gun dealers who only do GB transfers and make a very handsome living on the side.
Sotre owned rack guns sell more slowly, and of course the $50 fee is not charged on in store rack guns.

Whether it is $25, $40 or $50, no one rides for free on a GB transfer.

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/...state.pdf/view

Minnesota had 585,000 NICS checks in 2017.
ATF comes in regularly and copies data on EBR sales.
"In metropolitan areas there are gun dealers who only do GB transfers and make a very handsome living on the side."

Just what I said
Urban Commie States V

much less so in the fly over midwest

The majority of those MN NICs checks came out of Minneapolis and St. Paul.
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2017, 21:42   #32
ExCdnSoldierInTx
Banned
Gold Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 65552
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: South Central Merca
Posts: 6,872
Yeah, but I'd have still given my left nut to have been there when he held up the tube of KY as they carted that dude off to a lifetime of misery.
Magical, but yes, the cop was stupid to have gotten himself into such a situation.
ExCdnSoldierInTx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2017, 23:19   #33
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 15,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peconga View Post
First, he put his own child in grave danger by attempting to pull over the perp for reckless driving, while his own kid was in the passenger seat next to him. This is like taking your son to a feedlot for career day, and then blaming the cows for getting sh*t on his shoes. Next, he disgraces his own agency and LEOs everywhere by indulging in this childish "K-Y" stunt in full view of the public, with video cameras rolling. As everyone knows, taunting and abuse of prisoners is traditionally done behind closed doors or during transport. Just sayin'....


Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2017, 23:26   #34
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 14,915
Yep, 27 million NICS checks in 2016 alone, and only THE "stupid commie assholes", in stupid commie urban areas go thru that STUPID procedure, eh?


You are speaking about most of the members on this forum being "assholes" for doing it legally. Ever look at marketplace...guns go to an FFL dealer.

TRY TO BUY A GUN HERE AND HAVE THEM SEND IT DIRECTLY TO YOU.

I am afraid that there were not 54 million or 75 million total transfers, only the 27 million, plus maybe a few hundred thousand more nationwide, between relatives and old friends.

Few persons today will risk such a transfer, as the ATF grabs plenty of persons trying to sell guns at gun shows, by offering them big $$ to transfer to them for a "friend."

You are a unique person who disdains any and all authority, and still buys and sells guns without any stupid paper, to arm you kingdom with.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2017, 23:53   #35
Riversidesports
Banned
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 36091
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
Yep, 27 million NICS checks in 2016 alone, and only THE "stupid commie assholes", in stupid commie urban areas go thru that STUPID procedure, eh?


You are speaking about most of the members on this forum being "assholes" for doing it legally. Ever look at marketplace...guns go to an FFL dealer.

TRY TO BUY A GUN HERE AND HAVE THEM SEND IT DIRECTLY TO YOU.

I am afraid that there were not 54 million or 75 million total transfers, only the 27 million, plus maybe a few hundred thousand more nationwide, between relatives and old friends.

Few persons today will risk such a transfer, as the ATF grabs plenty of persons trying to sell guns at gun shows, by offering them big $$ to transfer to them for a "friend."

You are a unique person who disdains any and all authority, and still buys and sells guns without any stupid paper, to arm you kingdom with.
well you are just an idiot from New York who thinks everyone should undergo the shit you people do.

Most of the nation doesn't have to do that, you like other Gun twinks think they should. Well you can suck right on my fat assed Jewish dick.
You are simply a Gun queer.

Free Country folks sell guns FTF all the time
Scary huh Gun queer
look your experience is badly jaded Gun faggot

Really, stay on New York. We don't want you here, nobody wants you spreading your particular girl juice in free States. As I see it your type is a greater danger than your fellow New Yorker Bloomberg. Yeah V, your are a virus to be isolated and starved out..

Elimination is the only option
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 05, 2017, 00:25   #36
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor
 
V guy's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10282
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: miami
Posts: 14,915
Yes, the entire nation does comply with the NICS procedure.

Buy a receiver lately? Probably not, as you cannot pass a NICS, but every receiver that is sold IS SERIALIZED, and goes to an FFL who does the NICS check.

Being in prison for as long as you have been, you missed the entire Obama years and the explosion in gun ownership.

Your FFL operation must have been a sorry sight, with not a legal transfer ever done, and few 4473's completed accurately.
Today you could have an income of at least $2000 a week handling NICS transfers.

By the way, Vincent Bugliosi who prosecuted Manson, did a good job on the Manson family, and almost none have been released, outside of Clem and Squeeky. What was your handle?


When you get a chance, put up some of your gunsmithing tips and tricks and projects in the gunsmithing area, and I do want to hear how you build FAL's.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The FAL Files