The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The L1A1, inch-pattern, and Indian Files

Notices

Old November 17, 2017, 17:43   #1
cheesy411
Registered

FALaholic #: 64941
Picked up L1A1 sport on imbel receiver

So I picked up a decent L1A1 on imbel receiver. Besides the ugly stock, I was surprised to find I had a RA marked bolt not a typical sand cut bolt like my other L1A1 I had. I know century used a mess of parts to make these work but how common is it to have a bolt like that?

Upon further break down, the barrel is Australian made. Kinda cool; however of course the FH has been chopped off. I will be sending this to Mark at ARS to have re threaded and finally the lower is a British marked. A true example of century arms and their shity peice together rifles, I plan to return it to L1A1 configuration... just need to hunt down a L1A1 BCG

Last edited by cheesy411; November 17, 2017 at 20:03.
cheesy411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2017, 07:09   #2
Bones2586
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 76766
Good score. Sending the same off to ARS next week, good stuff. Cheers
Bones2586 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2017, 07:21   #3
pl521
Registered

FALaholic #: 74645
I have L1A1 BCG. Send PM if interest in trade.
pl521 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2017, 10:33   #4
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 96
To be fair, the Republicans gave us the 86 machinegun ban and the 89 import ban and the reinterpretation of the import ban to include barrels and receivers.

Century needs to be thanked for finding a way to get this stuff in the country, despite the Republican bans.

Now they might have made a better thumbhole so as to not cut the stud off the lower, but the Republican law said they had to cut the threads off. Not their fault. I bet they'd rather not have.
Old November 18, 2017, 10:38   #5
cheesy411
Registered

FALaholic #: 64941
Iím extremley thankful, the RA marked bolt and carrier was a pleasant find. I will be sending the barreled receiver to you either today or Monday. I picked it up from the FFL yesterday and shot it at the base range while I was testing my newest imbel build. Imbel Shot excellent, the L1A1 mix master not so much haha.

I honestly may start picking up more of these century sporters that are rocking the imbel receivers. My first was built on all matching British kit, itís like a box of chocolates
cheesy411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20, 2017, 08:48   #6
Timber Wolf
Registered

FALaholic #: 805
One like that was my first FAL/L1A1 and still my favorite. Love the Imbel "Inch" upper that is cut for a metric mag. Best of all worlds to me.

"Guns don't kill people. Daddys with good looking daughters do!"
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18, 2017, 00:26   #7
jeffrey
Registered

FALaholic #: 2073
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunplumber View Post
To be fair, the Republicans gave us the 86 machinegun ban and the 89 import ban and the reinterpretation of the import ban to include barrels and receivers.

Century needs to be thanked for finding a way to get this stuff in the country, despite the Republican bans.

Now they might have made a better thumbhole so as to not cut the stud off the lower, but the Republican law said they had to cut the threads off. Not their fault. I bet they'd rather not have.

Well said. It's easy to bitch about CAI, but they had to work under the conditions our politicians dictated.
jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18, 2017, 11:42   #8
Incognito
Registered

FALaholic #: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
Well said. It's easy to bitch about CAI, but they had to work under the conditions our politicians dictated.
They are still a bunch of d-bags
Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote