The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapons Discussion > General Firearms Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: How many polymer US made FAL mags would you buy?
I would buy one 31 4.44%
I would buy two 122 17.48%
I would buy five 300 42.98%
I would buy ten 245 35.10%
Voters: 698. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 25, 2013, 11:40   #1251
spider991
Registered

FALaholic #: 35820
13 days????? Really?? Pffft..I have had hangovers longer than that keep plugging Johnny, we got ya.
spider991 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2013, 10:19   #1252
Insider
Registered

FALaholic #: 1183
I'm in for 5 as soon as the rush dies down.
Old July 30, 2013, 12:36   #1253
littlehoot
Registered

FALaholic #: 11432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insider View Post
I'm in for 5 as soon as the rush dies down.
i'm waiting for the same thing...
Old August 06, 2013, 09:47   #1254
Chadwin
Registered

FALaholic #: 71005
bump
Chadwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 07, 2013, 16:56   #1255
gerry g
Registered

FALaholic #: 6581
Received my 2 mags today. Waiting till the end of Aug. to try them out when I go on vacation.
gerry g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 08, 2013, 19:29   #1256
nframe
Registered

FALaholic #: 42740
Received 5 today, they look great. Can't wait to get to the range.
Here's to Johnny.
Old August 16, 2013, 08:06   #1257
Chadwin
Registered

Mine showed up Aug 14
Old August 16, 2013, 11:09   #1258
HelpiFALanCantGetUp
Registered

FALaholic #: 66011
mine arrived a few days ago ...EXCELLENT !!
HelpiFALanCantGetUp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 17, 2013, 08:16   #1259
markthenewf
Registered

FALaholic #: 63268
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadwin View Post
Mine showed up Aug 14
So what's the timeline? When did you send the email to order, when was it responded to, when was payment sent and when was it shipped? I think this info would relax everyone knowing what time frame to expect.

Still waiting for someone to do a range report. Not that they're not the best thing since sliced bread, right?

Mark
markthenewf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18, 2013, 22:00   #1260
nframe
Registered

FALaholic #: 42740
Mine was a little over three weeks.
Old August 19, 2013, 08:17   #1261
Chadwin
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by markthenewf View Post
So what's the timeline? When did you send the email to order, when was it responded to, when was payment sent and when was it shipped? I think this info would relax everyone knowing what time frame to expect.

Still waiting for someone to do a range report. Not that they're not the best thing since sliced bread, right?
I sent payment on paypal July 7.

All five have hand cycled all 20 rounds.
Old August 23, 2013, 05:58   #1262
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

FALaholic #: 392
Mark there have been a few range reports all outstanding! You just need to read both threads on the mags.

Timeline is based on when I receive your payment not when I responded to your email, but I am filling orders by time stamp on pay pal payment or post mark on the envelope, just getting to the August orders now!
So those who pay first will have their mags shipped first.

Thanks

Military rifle steel plate match schedule for 2016, April 9th, June 11th, Sept. 10th & Nov. 12th

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51
moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23, 2013, 06:03   #1263
El Mac
Registered

FALaholic #: 39512
Quote:
Originally Posted by markthenewf View Post
Mark,
They are not the best thing since sliced bread.

Unless of course you happen to run an FAL.

And then, they are truly the sliced bread itself.

They are that good.

EM
El Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25, 2013, 13:49   #1264
markthenewf
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
Mark there have been a few range reports all outstanding! You just need to read both threads on the mags.
I took a rifle course a couple of weeks ago, which was based on the AR15 platform. However, it was in another city so I brought my FAL as the 'backup' rifle. After the morning runs, the instructors asked if anyone brought a backup firearm. I had the FAL and another guy had a VEPR, so they said to pull them out and see how 30 cal ran.

Not so good.

First mag didn't run well, but I fixed that by dialing the gas up a bit (I had 'slow' 762 surplus, not the normally feisty reloads I usually use). That fixed a bunch of issues but then I kept having FTF due to the mags. They were a mix of my good surplus mags, but 2 of the 4 keep crapping out. One just wouldn't feed properly (bad spring?) and anothers follower tilted over twice. On the up side I got to do several impromptu malfunction drills!

Needless to say I am very much looking forward to these mags after that experience.

Mark
Old August 25, 2013, 17:12   #1265
Chadwin
Registered

I just got back from testing. All five of mine functioned perfectly in my DSA SA58 21" standard.
Old August 27, 2013, 17:26   #1266
nct
Registered

FALaholic #: 52110
Hoorah!

I have been absent from the files for awhile. Glad to see that you are kicking butt.

I can't remember how many I said I would buy, but I will do it through the website.

Thanks!

nct
nct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28, 2013, 22:59   #1267
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

Chadwin Awesome!

nct Kewl!!! And to anyone who didn't know the website is up and running to accept orders and you can pay with credit cards!

We did a little torture testing if you wanna see!

Military rifle steel plate match schedule for 2016, April 9th, June 11th, Sept. 10th & Nov. 12th

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51

Last edited by moses; August 29, 2013 at 00:38.
Old August 29, 2013, 06:13   #1268
airground
Registered

FALaholic #: 4269
So far I've only seen pics of Mine and Moses mags......ya'll need to start posting them!

Who's gonna be the first to paint one in "baby poop" to match his rhodie???
Old August 29, 2013, 07:32   #1269
nct
Registered

FALaholic #: 52110
website

I placed my order today for a few new mags!

Thank you.

One option I did not see on the website was somewhere to click for different ship to address versus just the billing address.

Easy to use website.

Thanks again.

nct
nct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29, 2013, 10:20   #1270
Chadwin
Registered

Old August 29, 2013, 10:33   #1271
tulsamal
Registered

FALaholic #: 1614
Quote:
just getting to the August orders now!
That worries me a little bit. My PayPal receipt for $152.30 is dated 31 July. Haven't seen anything here yet!

Gregg
tulsamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29, 2013, 20:44   #1272
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

Gregg, yours is going out tomorrow, I have shipped two batches this week and a huge batch tomorrow!

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51
Old August 30, 2013, 11:17   #1273
tulsamal
Registered

FALaholic #: 1614
Great, thanks, good to hear!

I hated to even say anything but then I start to worry that the package disappeared in shipping and I should be telling you!

Great job, thanks again.

Gregg
tulsamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31, 2013, 03:19   #1274
Spktyr
Registered

FALaholic #: 28614
Quote:
Chadwin Awesome!

nct Kewl!!! And to anyone who didn't know the website is up and running to accept orders and you can pay with credit cards!

We did a little torture testing if you wanna see!

Just to be thorough, what's the website address?
Spktyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31, 2013, 11:54   #1275
bbqncigars
Registered

FALaholic #: 64064
I can't wait 'til I can wave mine under my FAL buddys nose. He'll ask me "New mag?" and the reply will be "Wholly Moses'."
Old August 31, 2013, 18:08   #1276
janman
Registered

FALaholic #: 68948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spktyr View Post
Just to be thorough, what's the website address?
I wondered the same thing myself. Then I just typed in mosesmag.com and there it was!

http://www.mosesmag.com/?product=mos...r-fal-magazine
janman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 05, 2013, 13:23   #1277
DreamReclaimer
Registered

FALaholic #: 50965
Could only get one for now, but as soon as I can I will be back for more!
DreamReclaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 08, 2013, 09:02   #1278
Blackmore
> Dirt
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2690
I got mine from Johnny last week and finally got to play with them a little. They fit snuggly and lock up tight without a millimeter of wobble or rock. I hand cycled dummies through as fast as I could several times. There were no failures of any sort and the bolt locked back every single time on an empty magazine. My rifle is an ARS build on a 2002 dated non-gear logo Century imported Imbel receiver.

I also checked the fit and function of the Maglula loader/unloader with the MosesMag. Again, perfect operation!

Last edited by Blackmore; December 01, 2013 at 18:26.
Blackmore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 09, 2013, 19:35   #1279
markthenewf
Registered

Question

Quote:
Gregg, yours is going out tomorrow, I have shipped two batches this week and a huge batch tomorrow!
Would it be safe to say mine are en route as well since my paypal transfer was also on the July 31st as well? Suuuure would be nice to have an excuse to do a range trip!

Mark

Last edited by markthenewf; September 09, 2013 at 20:14.
Old September 11, 2013, 03:19   #1280
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

Mark if your last name starts with an "H" and you are in the great State of TX. then yes yours is en route!!!

Thanks for the pics and review Blackmore!!!

I encourage reviews and pictures from everyone who has received their Moses mags!

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51
Old September 15, 2013, 16:40   #1281
markthenewf
Registered

Thumbs up

Quote:
Mark if your last name starts with an "H" and you are in the great State of TX. then yes yours is en route!!!
It does and I am. Didn't get them for this weekend, but I'm guessing I'll have them for the next. Took the away from the range to get some 308's loaded up to run through them. Will report back.

[UPDATE]
Arrived today (Sept. 23, 2013). Loooooks smurfy. I like the ammo-shaped keeper in the base. Nice touch.

Mark

Last edited by markthenewf; September 23, 2013 at 18:54.
Old October 08, 2013, 20:30   #1282
TX Lawman
Registered

FALaholic #: 67913
Great Mags

I wanted to say how impressed I am with my Moses Mag. I am a law enforcement officer and carry an 18 inch barrel DS Arms SA58 while on duty. The Moses Mags fit was tight with no rock or wobble, and function has been 100 percent with 150gr American Eagle FMJ and Federal TRU 165gr HP after about 300 rounds. This is a quality made mag and I stake my life on a Moses Mag every day that I go to work which is why I have four more on order. I like some others have had to wait a couple of three weeks to get my mags delivered but they will come and are sure worth the wait.
TX Lawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2013, 20:16   #1283
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

Thanks TX Lawman!
What an Awesome testament to the moses mag that you stake your life on it!!!
That's is exactly why I didn't rush it to market and did everything in my power to make it as good as it could possibly be, before I released them to market.

And now that the website is up and running smoothly mosesmag.com
and I am almost caught up with the initial avalanche of orders, the wait time is going to be drastically reduced to just a few days from time of order to when the mags are shipped!

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51
Old October 10, 2013, 19:21   #1284
littlehoot
Registered

FALaholic #: 11432
awesome, johnny, thats what i been waiting for- initial order load to die down. keep us informed!
Old November 01, 2013, 15:37   #1285
actionwolf
Registered

FALaholic #: 72306
Moses FAL Magazine review

I was finally able to test fire my moses magazine and it proved itself very reliable. I didnt have one failure to feed or any other malfunction for that matter. The magazine is quite light but feels very solid and sturdy. Before I tried the moses magazine I had issues with some of my steel magazines causing a particular feeding problem in my FAL, usually during the last couple rounds in the magazine. The bolt would miss the back of the cartidge and catch the round about halfway up the case, deforming the round beyond function. I fired over 200 rounds through my moses magazine and it performed flawlessly. I did not have one malfunction. Before I had the moses mag I considered sending my rifle off to a gunsmith to try and fix the problem. I'm very glad that I found out about this magazine before I wasted all of that money. I have already ordered five more Moses magazines and would recomend them to anyone. I was not asked to write this review, I felt compelled to. This is a good product.
actionwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 02, 2013, 13:11   #1286
markthenewf
Registered

Thumbs up

I also did an informal test on my own with the mags using my DSA 18" metric rifle. It's a couple of years old and has less than 1500 rounds through it at a guess. I've replaced a couple of parts on it, including an extended-ergo mag release.

As stated by all, the mags lock up nice and tight and slip out nicely. The grip texture is fine, though perhaps a bit more 'agressiveness' would help when we're sweating our butts off here on a hot Texas summer day! Not a big deal since if it did cause an issue you could always slap some grip tape on there. This is my only comment as the rest of the mag looks and feels like a quality product. The polymer feels like what PMAG would: not thin but not heavy either.

As for my testing, first I loaded all 4 of my mags up to capacity and shot them down to 10 rounds. At the 10th round, I removed the mag, gave it a toss onto concrete or dirt. Nothing popped out and both mags fed the last 10 rounds without issue. I then did the same thing with 6 rounds per mag. Fast fired the first 3 rounds, tossed the mag, and then loaded the next mag of 6. Did this a three times for each mag. No rounds popped out when tossed and all fed fine after picking them up. I just used surplus MEN ammo as I've got a bit of that laying around. I would assume other decent ammo would work just as well. Polymer took the hits and dirt as expected.

Overall I'd consider MosesMags a quality product. Not cheap, but not exspensive when you consider what you're getting. I have gone ahead and ordered a few more and will be replacing all my craptastic metal mags with them.

Perhaps someone will run a rifle course or something with them and let us know how they react to some harder use, but otherwise I'd buy and use with them with confidence.

Mark
Old November 25, 2013, 03:49   #1287
Tylos
Registered

FALaholic #: 72233
Thumbs up Moses Mags

I ordered one to try out.
More to follow.
Pics look great.

Ty
Tylos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2013, 22:56   #1288
Cozmacozmy
Registered

FALaholic #: 9260
Hey Moses great to hear these are working out for you and everyone that has ordered them. I promised to get a few when this first came out, just need to get some spare cash in. Can't wait!
Old April 21, 2014, 18:03   #1289
PicantePeperoni
Registered

FALaholic #: 69061
California

Would anyone be able to perm convert these mags to 10 rounders and send them to California? I would prefer the pop-rivet in the base plate method since I plan on having them forever. I would like to be able to clean the insides as I have done with my all my other 10/30 mags (I have a habit of dropping things in the desert sand).

The only mags I have at the moment are the KeepShooting Korean mags and they are having occasional feeding issues. I'm running into bolt over base from the right hand side of the mag. I think it's due to the feed lips geometry being all jacked up. I have an Argy Kit on a Coonan receiver. I have tried replacing the follower with the enhanced DSA followers and springs. They seemed to help some but I still don't trust them.

Thanks!
Picante
PicantePeperoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2014, 19:28   #1290
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

I think these guys are doing just what you want, try contacting them as I am sending them some Moses mags for a customer already.

http://www.magazineblocks.com/magent...-20-block.html

Here is a video showing the toughness of the Moses mag

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51

Last edited by moses; April 25, 2014 at 19:34.
Old February 21, 2015, 20:35   #1291
XxSLASHERxX
Registered

FALaholic #: 896
Thx Moses my mags work w/o a hiccup..will be buying more Sir.
XxSLASHERxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2015, 18:43   #1292
spatin
Likes FALs

FALaholic #: 17469
5 or 10 or 15 rnd mags?

Moses, I live under the un-Constitutional restriction on my choice of mags - in Colorado. So I sure would like to see some 15 rnd FAL mags. I would be in for 7 or 8 of those in a minute.
I would also get 2 or 3 of your 5 round mags for hunting.
Do your mags also work in an LAR-8 platform?
Sidney
"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual ... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, ... or "taken care of."
- Suzanna Gratia-Hupp
http://www.a-human-right.com/effective.html

“Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy” - Benjamin Franklin

Donations are gratefully accepted.
spatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2015, 23:02   #1293
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

Soon as time permits I will be working on some blocks that will permanently change the Moses mag into 5, 10 or 15 rd mags, they will still look like the 20 rd mag but they will no longer hold 20 rds.

Would this be something you would be interested in?

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51
Old April 13, 2015, 01:23   #1294
WILD HOND
Registered

FALaholic #: 68120
Quote:
Soon as time permits I will be working on some blocks that will permanently change the Moses mag into 5, 10 or 15 rd mags, they will still look like the 20 rd mag but they will no longer hold 20 rds.

How much does a 20 round moses mag cost?

What are the chances of sending one to me here in South Africa?
WILD HOND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2015, 07:08   #1295
Artful
Registered

FALaholic #: 10191
Quote:

5 round block for being able to hunt - yeah - the others - nah
Old April 14, 2015, 16:05   #1296
Hole_Puncher
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 17699
Just ordered some looking forward to getting them.
Hole_Puncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19, 2015, 23:30   #1297
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

Wild card, the Moses Mags are $27.99 per the website www.mosesmag.com
I cannot send them out of the USA due to the ITAR rules.

DSA may be able to sell you some once they get a deal worked out with us since they are planning on supplying the South African Army with Moses mags!

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51
Old April 19, 2015, 23:35   #1298
Cozmacozmy
Registered

FALaholic #: 9260
Quote:
Wild card, the Moses Mags are $27.99 per the website www.mosesmag.com
I cannot send them out of the USA due to the ITAR rules.

DSA may be able to sell you some once they get a deal worked out with us since they are planning on supplying the South African Army with Moses mags!

Well done!!!!!!!!!!
Old April 20, 2015, 10:35   #1299
spatin
Likes FALs

FALaholic #: 17469
Yes, totally. Sooner the better. The availability of quality 15 round mags is keeping me from getting that DPMS G2 I have been wanting to get. I also want some 5 round mags for hunting purposes.

Quote:

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual ... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, ... or "taken care of."
- Suzanna Gratia-Hupp
http://www.a-human-right.com/effective.html

“Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy” - Benjamin Franklin

Donations are gratefully accepted.
spatin is offline   Reply With Quote