The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The 22 Files

Notices

Old December 17, 2013, 23:18   #101
harleyrider
Conveniently Located
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 55746
My only .22 rifle -- an early 1970's Browning BL-22 Grade II lever action. I got it new for Christmas when I was 13 or 14 years old. It's a superb shooter and is beautiful to boot.

HR
Old December 18, 2013, 07:57   #102
xtremerange
Curio & Relic

FALaholic #: 4305
Two more this week. Got a Glenfield 65 and an Anschitz 520 coming from GB auctions.
xtremerange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18, 2013, 08:48   #103
Timber Wolf
Registered

FALaholic #: 805
Wow, that Browning is sweet! I have picked up a couple or three since I posted last to this thread. A pretty nice Remington 521-T “Junior Special”, an H&R 165 “Leatherneck”, and a still-in-transit Remington 511-P sans any sights. I won the pitiful no sights 511-P for the grand sum of $61, plus shipping. It has some extra holes from somebody mounting a scope but is otherwise a clean old gun. I just happen to have a Lyman front globe take-off from upgrading my 513-T to an Olympic and a rear Lyman take-off from upgrading my Marlin 2000 to International sights. At least that was part of my excuse for buying this $61 rifle, to have a place to mount a $120+ worth of sights!

"Guns don't kill people. Daddys with good looking daughters do!"
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13, 2014, 18:17   #104
catmguy445
Registered

FALaholic #: 50311
The newest addition to the .22 LR stable is another Ruger 10/22, this one is only the second 10/22 that I've bought new since I picked up the first one back in 1979. This one is the LVT (Light Varmint/Target) model, ordered from Bud's Gun Shop in Tennessee and shipped to a local FFL for pickup. To make it even sweeter, it's the 50th Anniversary model with the engraving on the bolt and rollmark on the receiver. So far I've cleaned it, Scotchbrited the inside of the receiver, put a poly Tuffer Buffer bolt buffer in it in place of the steel one, and polished all the bolt surfaces where it contacts the receiver. The hammer face will also get polished, along with the trigger return plunger. Then it will get a good quality Weaver scope mount, rings, and a decent scope (still haven't decided on a brand or model yet).

It has the Ruger factory "target" trigger in it, which measured 4.5 lbs pull weight with a Timney trigger pull gauge. Once I get the scope mounted and sighted in, I'll try some groups at the range, but I suspect that shortly after that, it will wind up with a Kidd Trigger Job kit in it to replace the Ruger parts. From everything I've read about the Kidd Trigger Job kit, it will give a reliable 1 3/4 pound trigger pull. I don't think I'll really need to do anything else to it if it lives up to everything I've seen here and on the Rimfire Central forums about the LVT. I'm looking forward to seeing how well this one will shoot.

And unless I find an original 10/22 International for a really awesome price, I think I might be done with buying 10/22's. Maybe. 'Course, I don't have a stainless one or a takedown model yet..................................
Old October 14, 2014, 11:49   #105
Ash-Man
Registered

FALaholic #: 74113
too damn many that's for sure, where I come from it seems like you accumulate them inadvertently..
Ash-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14, 2014, 14:06   #106
alphadog58
Registered

FALaholic #: 9405
This ^^^^. Started with a Winchester 63 at age 10. They just show up unbidden... My favorite is a Browning T-bolt that I glass bedded and put a cheap 4X scope on. Best pest getter ever!
Larry
Old October 14, 2014, 21:46   #107
douglas
Registered

FALaholic #: 22985
There are 10 .22 rifles in my house. 2 of them are Cricket single shots for the kids. One is pink and the other is tan colored. When they get a bit older I have a nice Remington 521-T "Junior Special" with Lyman sights and an early Marlin 39A pre-crossbolt safety stashed back waiting for them to grow into.
My every day shooter is an old Sears branded Ranger Model 36 bolt action rifle built by Marlin.
I love the older.22 rifles.
Here is a great site to visit.
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php

Last edited by douglas; October 15, 2014 at 10:25.
douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15, 2014, 07:01   #108
xtremerange
Curio & Relic

FALaholic #: 4305
I was going to post here until I scrolled up a few and saw that I had back in December.
xtremerange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15, 2014, 08:38   #109
Invictus77
1C 16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
I have the same number of 22s as I have of FALs, ARs, 1911s, Garands, and many other variants.

On each type I "almost enough" and just need "one more".

I have had this same quantity for many, many years.
Old October 15, 2014, 11:49   #110
nyalaman
Registered

FALaholic #: 67335

8. Nothing special.
nyalaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2015, 19:12   #111
catmguy445
Registered

My latest additions to the collection are a couple of Ruger RAR's (Ruger American Rimfire) in .22LR, and the long-awaited FAL .22 Conversion Kit from Kurbelgehause. Both of the RAR's have threaded muzzles, which is nice because last month the tax stamp for my Gemtech GM-22 suppressor came back from the ATF, so now I have a use for the threaded muzzles.

This whole thread started out as a static post, and seems to have turned into a dynamic post because I keep managing to acquire more .22 rifles, which I really didn't intend to do when I started the post. But I have now reached the point where if I buy any more rifles of ANY calber, I need to get another gun safe, and that creates even more logistical problems, as in Where Do I Put Another Gun Safe? So maybe this will be more of a static post for a while. I hope. Wish me luck.
Old May 23, 2015, 06:45   #112
LongueCarabine
Registered

FALaholic #: 18511
I feel like a piker compared to some of you guys.

Let's see, I have:

1. Remington Nylon 66
2. Marlin Model 60
3. Savage Mark II
4. Ruger 10/22
5. Stevens 66-B
6. Springfield Model 86

Update: Remington 552 Speedmaster

LC

Last edited by LongueCarabine; May 04, 2018 at 06:16. Reason: Update
LongueCarabine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2015, 13:05   #113
Tuscan Raider
Registered

FALaholic #: 19668
One.

Ghandi

"We, here in America, hold in our hands the hopes of the world, the fate of the coming years; and shame and disgrace will be ours if in our eyes the light of high resolve is dimmed, if we trail in the dust the golden hopes of men."

Theodore Roosevelt
Address at Carnegie Hall
March 30, 1912
Tuscan Raider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2015, 15:02   #114
cwo4uscgret
Registered

FALaholic #: 19025
three classics

Non-US marked Stevens 416:

US Marked H&R M12 with Unertl 10X Scope; Redfield Sights as well

Non-US Marked Winchester Model 52B; Lyman 10X Target Spot Scope

cwo4uscgret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18, 2018, 14:24   #115
catmguy445
Registered

Okay, I have another 10/22, but this one I built from scratch. It started when Ruger came out with a threaded barrel for 10/22's. I bought one, and was going to just throw it on one of my other 10/22's, but then I started thinking, which is always dangerous. I had an old walnut stock for a 10/22, I now had a threaded barrel, and I had a spare BX-Trigger, so all I really needed to make another rifle was a bolt and receiver and a few small parts. This is where things got out of control. I wound up ordering a JWH Titanium nitrided bolt, a Kidd charging handle and guide rod (then had it Titanium nitrided at a local shop), a TI gold colored trigger housing and trigger (TI now makes a trigger blade for the BX-Trigger), and a stripped Ruger receiver (from a place in Fort Worth, TX that I don't remember the name of now). The walnut stock I decided to refinish, and it's been stripped and sanded, but needs more sanding and needs to be stained before I put Tru-Oil on it. I wound up buying a new birch stock on Gun Broker from a guy that turned out to be local for $25, then put the whole thing together. and stuck an old Cabela's .22 scope on it.

It looks pretty decent now, but I haven't shot it yet. I need to make a run out to the range and see how it shoots in the next week or so.
Old April 18, 2018, 20:28   #116
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
According to my wife, too many.

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 18, 2018, 20:43   #117
NFADLR
Registered

FALaholic #: 7480
Have a old HK G3 that uses a 22 caliber insert and a 22 bolt conversion.

Does that count if the host only accepts it's normal rounds and the symbiant to discharge the 22lr round ?

Other than that no other 22 rifals.
NFADLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2018, 20:42   #118
Stevie-Ray
Registered

FALaholic #: 12457
Stevens Model 34
Glenfield Model 60
Mossberg 151M
GSG-5
JBM Bullpup (1967 Ruger 10/22)
Stevie-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2018, 05:54   #119
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1826
Four for me.

Savage Mark II
Remington 572 Fieldmaster (which gets used the most)
Winchester Model 67A single-shot that was my first firearm ever. Bday present from Dad
Winchester Model 62A Gallery in 22 Short

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science!" -C. Montgomery Burns
VALMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2018, 07:26   #120
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
I have about 15 assorrted rimfire bit my brother is loony. Came.by my office last week had seen a falling block in horrible condition with broken stock poorly mended and would not extract without help from needle nose pliers. (Let him fire it behind shop)All seller wanted was $299 and willing to take $250. I looked on Numrich and no furniture, extractor or other common parts available except a trigger and two others. Looked it up on gunchoker and found several nice looking examples of same rifle with good wood, advertised for $199 to $229 buy now's and added that functioned perfectly. Brother does not believe in online guns and freaks if I text him a picture of one so overpaid $100 for a broken gun.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2018, 09:25   #121
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
I only have 6.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showt...fle+collection
Old May 16, 2018, 06:15   #122
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyrider View Post
My only .22 rifle -- an early 1970's Browning BL-22 Grade II lever action. I got it new for Christmas when I was 13 or 14 years old. It's a superb shooter and is beautiful to boot.

HR
How do you get a rifle like that at 13 and it still look so nice once grown up. My first rimfire from age 11 was taken apart and put back together a dozen or more times fit few years and screws show it. Wood has been finished three times and finally have it looking decent. Even a nice rifle like that at 13 it would have shown heavy use by age 16. Nice rifle sir.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old May 17, 2018, 16:34   #123
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 19226
If i count only the FN herstals and Browning, some 50 or so.

paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2018, 22:31   #124
grumpy1
Registered

FALaholic #: 72190
Paco, will you adopt me!

I love your taste in guns and all your awesome guns. You amaze me every time I see your pictures.
grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2018, 04:16   #125
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Belgium has an easy immigration polecy. No walls on the borders😉
Old May 21, 2018, 08:40   #126
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by paco View Post
Belgium has an easy immigration polecy. No walls on the borders😉
Wife and I slipped in for 2004 Le Tour De France Grande Depart from Liège in 2004 but when following Le Tour doesn't matter what country you might spend a day or a few hours in, the view from the parade of press Corp vehicles is the same except for terrain. It's either flat or mountains. My question is with liberal immigration are all the major cities taken over by Muslim immigrants? In France we abandoned cities our last couple trips and final trip was so bad wife says doesn't want to go back but with 2019 stage one starting on the cobbles in Bruxelles and day two being a time trial around Bruxelles am very interested in coming across to catch beginning of Le Tour, do some travelling then go catch a few stages in the Alps. We need to watch where we go in Bruxelles or you going to lock down the city for us tourists.
Old May 21, 2018, 12:05   #127
SPEEDGUNNER
Firearms Connoisseur
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 43933
Definitely a few more since the last time I check into this thread...
And they roam the world at will."
- Robert Service
SPEEDGUNNER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2018, 15:58   #128
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
Wife and I slipped in for 2004 Le Tour De France Grande Depart from Liège in 2004 but when following Le Tour doesn't matter what country you might spend a day or a few hours in, the view from the parade of press Corp vehicles is the same except for terrain. It's either flat or mountains. My question is with liberal immigration are all the major cities taken over by Muslim immigrants? In France we abandoned cities our last couple trips and final trip was so bad wife says doesn't want to go back but with 2019 stage one starting on the cobbles in Bruxelles and day two being a time trial around Bruxelles am very interested in coming across to catch beginning of Le Tour, do some travelling then go catch a few stages in the Alps. We need to watch where we go in Bruxelles or you going to lock down the city for us tourists.
Belgium is doing fine.
Yes there are parts of the city that aren't good news, but every major city will have a crimecorner.

99% is good to go and good to be there.
Stay away from "Calais" in France, many migrants are agressive and desperatly trying to get across the channel.

In my town, i fear not a single street...
Old May 21, 2018, 22:43   #129
hagar
Registered

FALaholic #: 228
I'm not really into rimfires, but I own one more than a month ago. Bought a Ruger precision for shooting rimfire F class matches. It's a hefty little sucker, have not shot it yet but it seems well built.

Before I had one 10/22 I won in a raffle 20 years ago, a Ruger 22 magnum, and a Marlin 22 semi auto magnum, used those for coyote hunting in AZ.

And I have a Beretta M76 target pistol I need to shoot more, and a S&W el cheapo 22A pistol.
hagar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2018, 02:03   #130
Invictus77
1C 16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Quote:
Originally Posted by hagar View Post
I'm not really into rimfires
A S&W MP15-22 with a $35 Tru-Glo red dot and a range full of steel plates will put a smile on every face
Old May 22, 2018, 18:00   #131
GALILAR308
Registered

FALaholic #: 2893
I have well over 100. I don’t know the exact number. I have at least 14 browning auto 22’s,6 norinco copies,15 10/22’s,4 marlin 39’s 3 tbolts and many other CZ’s,marlins and Remington’s. More than I can count.
GALILAR308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2018, 20:53   #132
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by paco View Post
Belgium is doing fine.
Yes there are parts of the city that aren't good news, but every major city will have a crimecorner.

99% is good to go and good to be there.
Stay away from "Calais" in France, many migrants are agressive and desperatly trying to get across the channel.

In my town, i fear not a single street...
Good info, may start looking harder at coming over in 2019 for the Grande Depart and had considered wandering down coast to Normandy as part of the trip which would have put us right in the middle of Calais and due to its tourist advertising may have stopped. Now we can drive around if we choose to do that trip. We know Genoble and some other cities are as bad as Paris so when skirt around to Alps will hug the border and skirt edge of Switzerland even if doubles drive time.
Old May 26, 2018, 10:02   #133
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Just stay away from transit zone's...

Calais, zeebrugge, Oostende, Charleroi

Rest is fineif you don't go the the dark corners