The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > News & Current Events

Notices

Old October 30, 2013, 09:05   #1
okiefarmer
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 3248
WTF, the ALAMO being handed over to the U.N.

http://freepatriot.org/2013/10/29/te...nited-nations/

Any Texicans aware of this news?
Old October 30, 2013, 09:10   #2
TheOtherTinMan
Registered

FALaholic #: 28548
First I heard of it.

This must not be allowed to happen. PERIOD.
Old October 30, 2013, 09:13   #3
Sailor553
Registered

FALaholic #: 3626
"...to designate the Alamo as a UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) World Heritage Site..."

Hardly being handed over....
Sailor553 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2013, 09:15   #4
Topbanana
Registered

FALaholic #: 20443
^This.
Old October 30, 2013, 09:21   #5
TheOtherTinMan
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor553 View Post
"...to designate the Alamo as a UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) World Heritage Site..."

Hardly being handed over....
IF it becomes a World Heritage Site, it will be managed according to UN rules and regulations. Furthermore, we will likely see a UN flag on top of it.

http://unescoeducation.blogspot.com/...-heritage.html

Quote:
Cahokia Mounds is one of only twenty (20) UNESCO World Heritage sites in the United States (including two sites jointly administered with Canada). (Click here for the National Parks Service website for the sites.) It proudly flies the UN flag, to indicate it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
(emphasis added)

Maybe YOU don't care about this, maybe YOU cannot see what is happening, and where this is going, but many of us do care and do see.
Old October 30, 2013, 09:38   #6
Sailor553
Registered

The Mexican flag also flies across the street from the Alamo. And, all Nation's flags fly at the Disney parks.

Where is this going??

Last edited by Sailor553; October 30, 2013 at 09:58.
Old October 30, 2013, 10:01   #7
V guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 10282
OBAMA

He disrespects Texas, as much as he hates Winston Churchill, and that is ALOT..

His UN design for Texas is pretty ez to figure out--give Teddy Bear Cruz land, back to people of color who we took it from.

War of 1848? 1836?
Simply white trash forcing their way on the righteous. The UN and the Alamo? Why not the Washington Monument too, and call it a minaret for Islam?
How the F can you give the Alamo to the maniacs?

Obama likely seeks to have Clint Eastwood marched, hands tied behind his back, past spitting crowds shouting, "anglo anglo morte"!

Remember, Clint came out against the shit-eating anti American asshole, on stage, during the Republican convention.

Obama's warped ideas keep on a comin outta that sick Islamic mind, and no doubt, Tex Cruz's recent war on him has fueled his fires to destroy Texas asap.

He probably dreams of the Texas Rangers to be dressed in womens clothing and derided as outlaws, and latino-killing bandits of white racism.

He likely wants the Texas western tradition to be branded as hate crimes and racism on steroids; and those with confederate flags burned alive and gutted in the new, new Mexican state, by the real owners of that stolen land.

"Chuck Norris can blow himself," says Obama, and the cowboy hat will be seen as legal, instant target practice, by people of color.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2013, 10:18   #8
Sailor553
Registered

"San Antonio’s mayor, Julián Castro, is currently dealing with the United Nations."

Hardly Obama and besides this is good for business. Ain't capitalism grand???
Old October 30, 2013, 10:26   #9
TheOtherTinMan
Registered

Quote:
"San Antonio’s mayor, Julián Castro, is currently dealing with the United Nations."

Hardly Obama and besides this is good for business. Ain't capitalism grand???
Is there nothing noble you stand for, sir?

I ask this in all sincerity, with no intention of being disrespectful. I just find it hard to believe a veteran would have 'no problem' with turning over the management of the Alamo to the United Nations, possibly having the UN flag flying over it, and just shrug it off as 'good for business'?????

Old October 30, 2013, 10:30   #10
Gary Harwell
Becoming Embittered
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 39460
The hispanic San Antonio natives could give a rat's a**. The non-hispanic natives will sell out anything that brings money to the cash cow downtown area, and "world heritage" designation will do just that. The missions are already touting that title I believe. Most SA hispanic natives have never been to the Alamo, just in case you wonder how they value their "heritage".
Fourth generation San Antonio native.
Gary Harwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2013, 10:37   #11
Nomad, 2nd
Registered

FALaholic #: 33115
I thought the Daughters of the republic owned the Alamo!
Nomad, 2nd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2013, 11:00   #12
Topbanana
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherTinMan View Post
IF it becomes a World Heritage Site, it will be managed according to UN rules and regulations. Furthermore, we will likely see a UN flag on top of it.

http://unescoeducation.blogspot.com/...-heritage.html

(emphasis added)

Maybe YOU don't care about this, maybe YOU cannot see what is happening, and where this is going, but many of us do care and do see.
Didn't see any UN flags at Mesa Verde or anywhere in Yellowstone. Go wring your hands over something useful.

Last edited by Topbanana; October 30, 2013 at 11:08.
Topbanana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2013, 11:02   #13
TheOtherTinMan
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topbanana View Post
Didn't see any UN flags at Mesa Verde. Go wring your hands over something useful.
I'm not wringing my hands. Not sure what not seeing a UN flag at Mesa Verde has to do with turning the Alamo over to the UN, though.
Old October 30, 2013, 11:08   #14
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
Quote:
The Mexican flag also flies across the street from the Alamo. And, all Nation's flags fly at the Disney parks.

Where is this going??
...down the toilet...
Giving the UN any say-so in any thing on US soil just ends up costing us. Never makes us money.There is no real need for UN involvement. We did just fine all alone.
Or course,the next step will be to alter the history of the Alamo.
How "American terrorists holed up in mexican church,and finely committed mass suicide"...
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2013, 11:15   #15
Topbanana
Registered

Quote:
I'm not wringing my hands. Not sure what not seeing a UN flag at Mesa Verde has to do with turning the Alamo over to the UN, though.
Mesa Verde and Yellowstone are two UNESCO World Heritage Sites I've been to. There are currently 20 in the US. It's no big deal, basically its the same as having your house listed on the Nat'l Register of Historic Places.

So like I said, go wring your hands over something useful.
Old October 30, 2013, 12:37   #16
SWOHFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 34346
Quote:

I ask this in all sincerity, with no intention of being disrespectful. I just find it hard to believe a veteran would have 'no problem' with turning over the management of the Alamo to the United Nations, possibly having the UN flag flying over it, and just shrug it off as 'good for business'?????

No, Communist swabbie 553 is just another lying, leftist(read the rules please -mm).

- Fyodor Dostoevsky

Last edited by mosbysmen; October 30, 2013 at 18:52. Reason: over the top
SWOHFAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2013, 12:46   #17
STG_58_guy
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 65886
Uhhh - I get the Alamo is a sacred place to Texans. But you guys need to relax.
Old October 30, 2013, 13:00   #18
Randall
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 4979
It's a small world afterall...It's a small world afterall...It's a small world afterall...It's a small, small world...

...It's a small world afterall...It's a small wo...
Old October 30, 2013, 13:26   #19
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2939
Tex-Mex S.A. Mayor Julian Castro to all Anglos; "¿Cómo te gustaría que gringo?" or "how you like that gringo"?

Most local Hispanics would make a Bed&Breakfat of the place for wetbacks on their way to Chicago for the May Pole Dance there that never stops.

The UN is eat up with Alamo's now,,, they must be about out of leaf blowers.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2013, 14:10   #20
G1user
Registered

FALaholic #: 6546
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
...Most local Hispanics would make a Bed&Breakfat of the place for wetbacks on their way to Chicago for the May Pole Dance there that never stops...
SA is already a giant "way station" for the northern influx, bought and paid for by cartel influence. Simple economics: money talks.
The zetas banditos fly their colors there openly (and further north as well).

Securing the southern borders from the gulf, all the way to new mexico would be a major step forward, but then, we all know the statists are never going to ever tolerate that, now don't we...

What we are now facing in TX is the problems stemming from "regulatory capture" by progressive statists--evidence the recent colorado usurpation by the NYC bloomberg regime.

"Too much govt" being the root cause of this death spiral, the only way out is to recognize that fact, and deal with the organized criminals occupying public office (i.e. the donks).
G1user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2013, 17:37   #21
JasonB
Banned

FALaholic #: 7430
Based on dealings I have had with residents of Texas, New Mexico, and the PRK, deeding them back to Mexico wouldn't be such a bad thing if it weren't for hemming Arizona in on 3 sides, but then it sort of is already.....
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2013, 18:14   #22
Beryl
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1637
Quote:
Tex-Mex S.A. Mayor Julian Castro to all Anglos; "¿Cómo te gustaría que gringo?" or "how you like that gringo"?

Most local Hispanics would make a Bed&Breakfat of the place for wetbacks on their way to Chicago for the May Pole Dance there that never stops.

The UN is eat up with Alamo's now,,, they must be about out of leaf blowers.
That actually means "How would you like what gringo?" What you are trying to say is, "Como te gusta eso, gringo?"
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12
Beryl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2013, 18:28   #23
Gary Harwell
Becoming Embittered
Silver Contributor

Here you go, straight from the mouths of politicians. But since the anus and mouth of any given politician cannot be distinguished ,one from the other, what their version of the truth is almost always a lie, crap coated.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...ey-4939918.php
Old October 30, 2013, 18:49   #24
Sailor553
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOHFAL View Post
No, Communist swabbie 553 is just another lying, leftist shitbag.
Quote:

Oops, see above Gary post. This veteran looks before he leaps and can think and chew gum at the same time.
Old October 30, 2013, 19:36   #25
SWOHFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 34346
Quote:
Oops, see above Gary post. This veteran looks before he leaps and can think and chew gum at the same time.
Who knew you weren't man enough to stick up for yourself, but it's usually the little pipsqueaks who start something with their mouth and then run for help when they get more than they bargained for.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2013, 20:20   #26
mosbysmen

FALaholic #: 782
Lets at least make a attempt to follow the board rules

Code of Conduct - Rules for Posting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Un-civil conduct is not permitted on this board – do not post threads or replies for the purpose of abusing members of this board - honest reviews are permitted – gratuitous insults are forbidden. Do not respond in-kind if you are personally insulted.

MM

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
¯ Mark Twain

"when you have integrity..... nothing else matters
when you don't have integrity.... nothing else matters"
Teach The Children This Simple Principle.... Bob Kelly

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride
l
mosbysmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2013, 20:37   #27
okiefarmer
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 3248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Harwell View Post
Here you go, straight from the mouths of politicians. But since the anus and mouth of any given politician cannot be distinguished ,one from the other, what their version of the truth is almost always a lie, crap coated.

OK, but I think I'd come closer to trusting a mayor before I'd trust the Feds. Remember, "If you like your present insurance/doctor/hospital you can keep it . . . .period"

'nuff said. We'll see in a few years. I hope you are right.
Old October 30, 2013, 20:38   #28
shlomo
Registered

FALaholic #: 12779
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosbysmen View Post
Lets at least make a attempt to follow the board rules

Code of Conduct - Rules for Posting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Un-civil conduct is not permitted on this board – do not post threads or replies for the purpose of abusing members of this board - honest reviews are permitted – gratuitous insults are forbidden. Do not respond in-kind if you are personally insulted.

MM
I really try... but sometimes I just go BERSERK!

Old October 30, 2013, 20:40   #29
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

The Mayor of SA has no authority or domain over the Alamo ,,, it is presently owned by the Daughters of the Texas Republic (DRT) and registered as a State of Texas Park,,, Hefe Castro ain't got no stinckin' badge.
Old October 30, 2013, 20:45   #30
shlomo
Registered

Quote:
Castro ain't got no stinckin' badge.
And then I say to the guy, "If he does, I'll eat my hat."

Old October 30, 2013, 21:15   #31
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

Alfonso Bedoya could play a no account Mexican better than anyone,,, in my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlomo View Post
And then I say to the guy, "If he does, I'll eat my hat.,,, to avoid combat"

Old October 30, 2013, 21:17   #32
shlomo
Registered

Quote:
Alfonso Bedoya could play a no account Mexican better than anyone,,, in my opinion
Even better than Vince?
Old October 30, 2013, 22:26   #33
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
Quote:
Originally Posted by shlomo View Post
And then I say to the guy, "If he does, I'll eat my hat."

Looks like Dabtl already took a bite out of it...
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 31, 2013, 01:16   #34
TheOtherTinMan
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Harwell View Post

Rule number One: How can you tell when these globalist politician shitbags are lying? when their lips are moving.

Quote:
The land office has supported the heritage site nomination and is offering an exhibit at the 1836 battle site that focuses on its origins as a Spanish mission. The National Park Service, which runs the other missions, also is working in support of the nomination.
The article is all the same: "Oh, no, nothing to see here, it's all good, go back to sleep, don't worry about anything..."

The fact they are issuing their denials is more evidence things are probably going to be worse than imagined.

As i posted from the UNESCO link above, the UN flag flies over Cahokia Mounds, a 'World Heritage Site'.

Yellowstone Park was given 'world Heritage Site' designation and as a result a mine 3 miles away from the park was shutdown because it 'posed a threat' to the UNESCO site... even though the mine had been there since BEFORE Yellowstone was a park.

Once a site is given World Heritage status it is managed in accordance with UNESCO rules, policies, and procedures.

Now, the politicians are blowing sleepy dust smoke up everyone's arses. Looky here:

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/1968

Quote:
Proponents of the UN Heritage Sites say such designations are nothing more than a great “honor” to the nation. They assure us that there is no threat to American sovereignty and that all designated sites remain firmly under control of the United States government.

If true, then the question must be asked, why is an international treaty with the United Nations necessary?

A chief tactic used by the UN and the Federal Government when designating a biosphere reserve or a World Heritage Site is to rarely involve or consult with the public and local governments. In fact, UNESCO policy actually discourages an open nomination for World Heritage Sites. The “Operational Guidelines for the Implementations of the World Heritage Convention” states:

“In all cases, as to maintain the objectivity of the evaluation process and to avoid possible embarrassment to those concerned, State (national) parties should refrain from giving undue publicity to the fact that a property has been nominated inscription pending the final decision of the Committee of the nomination in question. Participation of the local people in the nomination process is essential to make them feel a shared responsibility with the State party in the maintenance of the site, but should not prejudice future decision-making by the committee.”

In other words, the nominating committee is to hide the fact that a massive land grab is about to take place. Then, at the appropriate moment, the committee is to involve some local yokels to make them think they have something to say about the grab, then send them away, so that the committee can move ahead, unhindered. They aren’t suppose to worry about the fact that private landowners have just lost control of their property.

By allowing these international land use designations, the United States promises to protect the sites and REGULATE surrounding lands if necessary to protect the UN-designated area. Honoring these agreements forces the Federal Government to PROHIBIT or limit some uses of private lands outside the international designated area UNLESS OUR COUNTRY WANTS TO BREAK A PLEDGE TO OTHER NATIONS.

In a nutshell, here is the real game being played. Through such policies, the Federal Government is binding our nation to international treaties and agreements that stipulate that the United States will manage these lands in a prescribed manner in order to achieve certain international goals and objectives. In other words, we have agreed to limit our right of sovereignty over these lands.

That is why it is charged that World Heritage Sites are an infringement on United States sovereignty. You won’t find the smoking gun by reading the treaties. It can only be found in understanding the “intent” and the “implementation” of the policies.
Old October 31, 2013, 01:23   #35
Nomad, 2nd
Registered

FALaholic #: 33115
God help them if they Try to take the Alamo away from the Texans....

Again.

(I think William Johnstone already wrote this book!)
Nomad, 2nd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 31, 2013, 07:07   #36
DABTL
Banned

FALaholic #: 138
Quote:
The Mayor of SA has no authority or domain over the Alamo ,,, it is presently owned by the Daughters of the Texas Republic (DRT) and registered as a State of Texas Park,,, Hefe Castro ain't got no stinckin' badge.
The Alamo is owned by the State of Texas as successor government to the Republic of Texas. It has always been so, since 1846.

The Daughters managed the Alamo for decades and the State took over management a couple of years ago.

Texas is more than used to seeing the flags of Mexico, Imperial France, Imperial Spain and the Confederate States of America flying all around the State. A UN Flag will cause no more of a stir.

Texas faces a greater threat northward in Lubbock.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/08/22/t...ma-re-elected/

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/polit...-pres-obama-re

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/23/us/texas-judge-warning/

http://www.tomcollinsblog.com/?p=700

See, we are already on alert and hiring extra deputies to fight off the UN invaders to our north.

If we can avoid the zombie apocalypse tonight, I think we will survive.
DABTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31, 2013, 08:11   #37
TheOtherTinMan
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABTL View Post
Texas is more than used to seeing the flags of Mexico, Imperial France, Imperial Spain and the Confederate States of America flying all around the State. A UN Flag will cause no more of a stir.
Just how big is that bubble you live in?

Quote:
Texas faces a greater threat northward in Lubbock.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/08/22/t...ma-re-elected/

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/polit...-pres-obama-re

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/23/us/texas-judge-warning/

http://www.tomcollinsblog.com/?p=700

See, we are already on alert and hiring extra deputies to fight off the UN invaders to our north.

If we can avoid the zombie apocalypse tonight, I think we will survive.
You probably would have told your family as Paul Revere rode by, 'Pay no attention to that man, he's just a nut case screaming about how the British are gonna come and take our guns.'
Old October 31, 2013, 08:15   #38
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

To cede sovereignty to a foreign power is treason and rivals taking the personal choice away from every citizen just to be "fair",,, at some future time and date when the mechanics of "fair" are worked out bureaucratically,,, exclusive of the Constitution.

Our present day Government can't find it's own ass with both hands even when it's all ass,,, but it can find ours.
Old October 31, 2013, 08:28   #39
DABTL
Banned

FALaholic #: 138
Quote:
Just how big is that bubble you live in?

You probably would have told your family as Paul Revere rode by, 'Pay no attention to that man, he's just a nut case screaming about how the British are gonna come and take our guns.'
Actually, I find you more amusing the more stressed out you get. Keep up the good work.
DABTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31, 2013, 13:43   #40
V guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 10282
Lets see, how about a UN flag over ALL American battle sites?

Ticonderoga, Oriskany, Ft Stanwix, Cherry Valley, Valley Forge, etc, etc.
Yep, that UN flag for sure!

Then how about that UN flag over Gettysburg, and Cold Harbor, Richmond, Appomatox Courthouse? How about Pearl Harbor and Normandy?

Yep, that UN flag, don't mean nuttin...............BULLSHIT.

That flag is poison.

Last edited by V guy; October 31, 2013 at 16:29.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 31, 2013, 14:59   #41
Gary Harwell
Becoming Embittered
Silver Contributor

Anyone know what the penalty is for desecrating a UN flag. Anyone know where to order some?
Old October 31, 2013, 18:36   #42
shlomo
Registered

I want 'em to put up a new portrait of Davy Crockett swingin' Ole Betsy at the noggin of a blue-helmet.

Old October 31, 2013, 20:48   #43
ALL FAL
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 24447
I have ALWAY'S said that the UN needs to go some place else, anywhere, just out of the USA.
Not one of us, not you and not me have protected or defended the Constitution of the USA. We are all Guilty of NOT doing our duty, our whole Government and all who took the Oath have failed the Constitution.

To this day there is not one thing wrong with the USC, it needs no changes, WE simply must do our DUTY.
ALL FAL is offline   Reply With Quote