The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > General Non-Firearms Discussion

Notices

Old January 14, 2013, 20:13   #1
garyd1961
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 39373
Find out where your state stands on gun control.

I found this and thought some of you would be interested on where your state stands on the gun control issue. Even though a national ban may fail, your state may pass a ban.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...eport/1834361/

Last edited by garyd1961; January 14, 2013 at 21:36.
garyd1961 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2013, 22:25   #2
WWM
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 62147
Looks like where I'm at and where I'm going are GTG for now.
WWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2013, 00:12   #3
genmeagher
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 19947
I know precisely where my state stands on gun control...dancing gleefully atop the tattered remnants of the 2nd Amendment.

I just finished watching an appalling display of butchery of the 2nd Amendment live, on the NYS Senate site.

Quotes:

Liz Krueger: "This is just a start". STALIN.

Rueben Diaz: [I can't quote him because I COULDN'T TELL WTF HE WAS SAYING...the man has been in this country since 1965 and still needs a translator].

Terry Gipson: "This does not impose undue restrictions on the sportsmen of my district". LIAR!

Greg Ball is the only NY Senator with, er, balls, as he said with no uncertain words that the only life that would be saved with this bill would be Gov. Cuomo's political life. Kudos also to Kathy Marchione for her eloquent defense of the 2nd Amendment.

GOP Leader Dean Skelos sold out, no other words for it. His wife has a gov't position of over $100K that is an appointment and is up for reappointment very soon...this reappointment has to be ok'd by the Gov. Not to mention the redistricting bill that went hand in hand with the gun control debacle.

End result? Registration of all so-called "Assault Weapons". No internet sales of ammunition. Pre-ban status of rifles and magazines of over 10 rounds is no more. All mags over 7 rounds are illegal, except pre-ban 10 round mags are okay if only loaded to 7. Pre-ban mags (regardless if pre-94) of over 10 rounds are illegal. WTF? Mag restriction applies to all firearms and mags under 50 years old. No FTF sales and no sales of any so-called "Assault Weapon" in NY, period. An "Assault Weapon" is defined as any rifle with one evil feature.

PA or VT, here I come.

"If there is a tomorrow when we're not together, then there is something you must always remember...You are braver, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think. But, the most important thing is, even if we're apart, I'll always be with you. Pooh, Winnie.
genmeagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2013, 10:05   #4
MordeanGrey
Registered

FALaholic #: 457
genmeagher,

That is really sad. I can't believe how easily NY throws aside your rights.

I would certainly be planning to move if I lived there.

MordeanGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2013, 11:11   #5
palmettomoon
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 33994
I left Illinois. Even pay higher taxes in GA, but I breath freer.
palmettomoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2013, 11:52   #6
one hand clapping
Registered

FALaholic #: 35299
DAMN YANKEE FAG***TS
Old January 15, 2013, 12:40   #7
SYTY
Registered

FALaholic #: 64897
TIME TO LEAVE NY.
SYTY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2013, 12:58   #8
catmguy445
Registered

FALaholic #: 50311
It's going to be real interesting to see how much NY's crime rate goes up after all this crap is implemented.

Idaho's still a Class III state and has no plans for any new firarms laws. We do, however, have a bill in the Legislature to provide better mental health facilities.
Old January 15, 2013, 16:27   #9
genmeagher
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 19947
Quote:
Originally Posted by one hand clapping View Post
DAMN YANKEE FAG***TS
I don't know if Cuomo and Company are homosexuals, but they certainly ass-f#cked a great deal of tax-paying, law-abiding and upstanding citizens by smearing a massive turd all over the Bill of Rights.

NY is not for me any longer. This recent travesty is another reminder of why I should be looking to relocate. VT and PA would both work since I can visit friends and family on weekends.

"If there is a tomorrow when we're not together, then there is something you must always remember...You are braver, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think. But, the most important thing is, even if we're apart, I'll always be with you. Pooh, Winnie.
genmeagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2013, 16:44   #10
Retired Bum
Registered

FALaholic #: 21904
Nothing to report here in Indiana as far as I know. This is a conservative state and even our Democrat politicans basically leave well enough alone. Hope it stays that way. Next door just 12 miles from where I live is the People's Republik of Illinois. I don't go there for any reason and it looks like Illinois is going the same way New York state is going. I can't go to a gunshow in Illinois and buy even one single round of ammo because of their FOID card. Go to a gunshow around here and you will see LOTS of vehicles with Illinois plates. Gee, I wonder why.....

And so it goes.

The Retired One
Retired Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2013, 21:57   #11
Cava3r4
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 6560
Quote:
Arizona

Governor's office: Republican Gov. Jan Brewer, a gun-rights advocate, will issue school-safety proposals, though gun-control legislation seems unlikely, spokesman Matthew Benson said.
Legislature: Arizona is among the nation's leaders in open gun laws. And, while Republicans who dominate the House and Senate have not yet submitted firearms bills for 2013, they are expected to promote even greater public firepower, not less.

gotta LOVE that last sentence!! Man am I glad I moved out of MN!!
Cava3r4 is offline   Reply With Quote