The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Vendor Discussion Forums > General Manufacturers, Vendors and Gunsmiths

Notices

Old October 22, 2006, 12:22   #301
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
Quote:
Originally posted by pryde
There are threads all over the place complaining about DSA customer service. But in the interests of fairness I will edit my post.
Your edited post is exactly correct now...

Thanks for the edit...

And thanks for not getting pissed at my comment (which, I admit, could have been phrased a little more tactfully) about the original statement...

Personally, my experiences with DSA have been pretty positive, and whatever problems that I've had have been fixed quickly and with good cheer.

Obviously, others have had different experiences. And I would be the last one to suggest that our personal experiences shouldn't determine our future decisions about the people we decide to give money to...

At least it looks like DSA is trying to do something about some of the problems that people have had with them. Whether they are serious about really fixing the problems or just interested in making it look like they're addressing the problems remains to be seen...

Entreprise's new 'owner,' on the other hand, has come here threatening to sue anyone mentioning problems that they've had with Entreprise products, threatening to sue the falfiles simply because Jen provides a forum for discussing problems, and insulting all the members here (calling them ignorant bubbas).

And, after all that, Entreprise has never made any attempt to fix the problem (which, admittedly, would be hard to do if it's a top-down problem).

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2006, 20:42   #302
sigslipper
Registered

FALaholic #: 21303
re forrest

on most of the boards & IRL places I frequent, being called bubba is kind of a compliment. "bubba" falls in the same category as "tacticool" and "mall ninja" around here... we all make fun of them, but then we all secretly wish we had that NEF 300 WinMag and Blackhawk Knee Pads.

certainly, i doubt mikey meant it as a compliment.

I also doubt that he is the owner.

Then again, as of right now I don't even know who this Howard guy is. Maybe he was the asian guy with glasses that I saw the other day? He didn't seem to be in charge, though.

well, we'll soon find out. the gunsmith i mentioned earlier has agreed to review my gun, and i will also be punting about 1500$ in january towards a new build using an entreprise receiver. i guess i'm just an experimental guy.

now i'm off to go start a thread: What parts would you buy with 1500 for a CAL-FAL?
Old October 22, 2006, 22:36   #303
pryde
Registered

FALaholic #: 18679
I really don't know who mike is but I am somewhat familiar with entreprise and I am pretty sure Howard is still the owner. The company is primarily run by Walter (the guy with glasses) and Lily who are Howard's brother and sister. From what I understand from personal conversations, they keep the shop running but Howard is running another business and has not set foot inside Entreprise for the past 3-4 years.

So I guess it could be possible that Mike is running the place but if he is, its probably in a distant way, he's probably a partial shareholder who is trying to call shots since Howard no longer wants anything to do with the company.
pryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23, 2006, 01:22   #304
sigslipper
Registered

interesting

it's very strange.

see the thing that seems the weirdest of all considering the whole mikey fiasco was the way he really doesnt seem to fit into the overall picture of entreprise.

anyone who's actually been to the factory (think of it as smallish warehouse type building in the middle of Azusa CA which is topographically basically chapparal badlands) would have a hard time imagining it as being owned or partially owned by a beverly hills lawyer, etc.
Old October 23, 2006, 03:24   #305
GUN SNOB
Registered

FALaholic #: 20268
This seems to be an accepted practice, esp. in the C&R market. Note Interordnance, SOG, Century. In some cases, rifles are reworked and then resold as original

No thats not, I call it froud. Its a way to market to the less informed and an atempt to turn a sows ear in to a sow purse. (it still aint silk) You buy rusty cheap and resell hi after refinishing. Its done with Cars, bikes, houses....

Re worked and restored and origanol and factory new...... none of these are the same. Thats why thay have diffrent names!

If I were buying a Russan sniper rifle I wouldent buy it from North Carolina. I know 3 of the guys that made them out of issue rifles all week long. I also wouldent pay them to Hand pick. The running joke there is "there all hand picked, we pick them out of the bin buy hand right off the top."

I dont do buissness with them eather.

Some of our manufacturing companys are half a$$ becoulse some of us consumers are half a$$. I dont half a$$ my work, consider my work at least as good as most and expect the same from my suplyers.

Therse to many half a$$ers in this country. Time to up the standerds. Damit man take some pride in your self and stop looking for a loophole to meadocricy.

(Incidentally, GP, I DID read the whole post. How old is the second plate in the picture? Did it come out of the box like that? Steel rusts rather quickly)

NOT IF ITS PAINTED PROPERLY! Are you for real? Is your car rusting in the parking lot? Statements like that are what lead people to question your affileation/motaves.

now i'm off to go start a thread: What parts would you buy with 1500 for a CAL-FAL?

DSA reciver. Not becoulse thay are gods gift to fals, but thay are better than most. I hate there service, (that I have recived,) but the parts I have got from them have all been good.

Try Court in Fl. for $75 he can get you what DSA cant and I would recomend him as a buisness contact. A+1 for Court. No BS Streight up. defenetly worth keeping in buisness.

Or you can go streight to DSA and save the $75, Your not building untill Jan. so get on a list. (problem 1 with DSA, there slow to ship)There $4 cheeper than E'prizes dealer price if you use your file # and dont charge more for not cutting for the carry handle. Your possable resale value will be higher. Park finish not anodised(?).

And neither DSA or Court have called you a Bubba, back yard gunsmith or threatened to sue you for having an opinion.

Or maby you can take it from them and not GP. Weird a$$ world we live in, Ill never get it. A company insalts and threatens to sue and you give them money, a person asks a few questions and you worrie 2 days about getting evan over it. Even though several people were asking the same questions. Makes me wonder how we ended up on the top of the food chain.

If It is spelled right someone else helped!
GUN SNOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23, 2006, 15:42   #306
ftierson
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by GUN SNOB
Makes me wonder how we ended up on the top of the food chain.
Ain't that the truth...

Forrest
Old October 29, 2006, 15:11   #307
ftierson
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by GUN SNOB
Makes me wonder how we ended up on the top of the food chain.
Ain't that still the truth, even a week later...

Forrest
Old November 03, 2006, 01:16   #308
sigslipper
Registered

hey nice post

Court in FL? Don't know who he is. I'd rather not spend another $75, $1500 is already ridiculously more than I ought to be spending. Still, I would like to support small business, so I don't know.

Re the steel rusting thing, well I'm a C&R 03 so I pretty much know that yup, steel can rust pretty quickly if there's humidity around. I remember leaving an old Yugo M48a in the garage for two days in the rain (no direct contact with water, just lots of august humidity trapped in the garage) and I wound up getting rust on the barrel.

What can I say, I was otherwise preoccupied with the girl I went shooting with.

Same goes for a swedish mora knife i went fishing with; tent stakes; gardening shovels; etc.

Yup if its properly finished I suppose it won't rust all that easily but every single one of the used AR magazines I've bought have had rust on them. Both aluminum (!!??) and steel. Heck, my Sig p228s both have rust on the mag releases, and they are SIG!@!? for crying out loud.

The fastest rust I've ever seen was with that swedish mora knife. I cut some bait with it, did about 2 hours of fishing, and when I pulled it out at home it was BROWN!!. I was quite upset.

I'm still gathering ideas and rereading that 1500$ thread I made. I'm picking up the rifle itself on Saturday (unless something intervenes) and I'm pretty excited.

PS: I just got my FN-49 two days ago and I can't stop playing with it. In fact I'm starting to think that maybe the FN-49 is a better choice for a real battle rifle than the FAL here in California since after all it was DESIGNED for stripper clips.

Old November 03, 2006, 01:21   #309
MikeC
Registered

FALaholic #: 4712
"Court in FL" is a member here who runs a shop. He buys a quantity of receivers and then resells them. He handles DSA, Century, a few AR brands and even JLD PTR receivers.

Old December 07, 2006, 01:28   #310
ftierson
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeC
"Court in FL" is a member here who runs a shop. He buys a quantity of receivers and then resells them. He handles DSA, Century, a few AR brands and even JLD PTR receivers.
And, I should add, Court has a really good reputation...

I've been really happy with what I've received from him...

Forrest
Old February 11, 2007, 02:53   #311
River Rat
Registered

FALaholic #: 715
Re: re forrest

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sigslipper

well, we'll soon find out. the gunsmith i mentioned earlier has agreed to review my gun, and i will also be punting about 1500$ in january towards a new build using an entreprise receiver. i guess i'm just an experimental guy.

Did anyone ever hear the result of the gunsmith review?

River Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2007, 03:46   #312
Voided37
Registered

FALaholic #: 18625
How is it river rat is a new member yet his # is 715?
Sorry, I'm a leo, curiousity is one of my 'trademarks' [idiosyncrasies?].

Inquiring minds wanted to read that report. 7 pages are gonna end WITH A QUESTION!
That ain't right...

steve
George Will
A conservative is one who admires radicals centuries after they're dead.
Leo Rosten
A free America... means just this: individual freedom for all, rich or poor, or else this system of government we call democracy is only an expedient to enslave man to the machine and make him like it.
Frank Lloyd Wright
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
Emma Goldman
AND!!!;
If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.
Noam Chomsky
Voided37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2007, 09:41   #313
ftierson
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by Voided37
How is it river rat is a new member yet his # is 715?
Sorry, I'm a leo, curiousity is one of my 'trademarks' [idiosyncrasies?].

Inquiring minds wanted to read that report. 7 pages are gonna end WITH A QUESTION!
That ain't right...

steve
Unless you pick a title yourself, the system (falfiles) picks one for you based only on the number of our posts...

I'm an Old Fart, not by choice (although it's probably still true), only because the system assigned me that title at 5000 posts...

You become a member (no longer a 'new' member) at about 50 or 100 posts (I don't remember which off the top of my head)...

Nothing funny to see here (except this is a thread on Entreprise receiver quality, of course)...

Forrest
Old April 12, 2007, 19:13   #314
Voided37
Registered

FALaholic #: 18625
Quote:
Originally posted by ftierson

Unless you pick a title yourself, the system (falfiles) picks one for you based only on the number of our posts...

I'm an Old Fart, not by choice (although it's probably still true), only because the system assigned me that title at 5000 posts...

You become a member (no longer a 'new' member) at about 50 or 100 posts (I don't remember which off the top of my head)...

Nothing funny to see here (except this is a thread on Entreprise receiver quality, of course)...

Forrest
Thank you, Forrest.
George Will
A conservative is one who admires radicals centuries after they're dead.
Leo Rosten
A free America... means just this: individual freedom for all, rich or poor, or else this system of government we call democracy is only an expedient to enslave man to the machine and make him like it.
Frank Lloyd Wright
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
Emma Goldman
AND!!!;
If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.
Noam Chomsky
Voided37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2007, 10:30   #315
bert01
Registered

FALaholic #: 21085
first off i want to apologize for not putting forth more effort in my searches, i know i have seen this dicussed before.

friend of mine just came in, told me he called enterprise and was told they were sold out of the $299 SGN add recvs. but if he went ahead and sent his payment he could recieve one next month from that production run. he's all excited and wants me to place an order, but i wanted to check here first.

im not worried about QC issues i just want to know what to expect as to delivery before i send my money in.

thanks, bert

(edited for spelling)

Last edited by bert01; June 12, 2007 at 07:13.
bert01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2007, 06:06   #316
owlcreekok
Registered

FALaholic #: 15323
Okay.

Entreprise is making and shipping receivers again. No ?

Much ado about their capabilities in the past would, one would think, result in changes.

Has not a single soul among us had their hands on one of these ?

Or is it just too shameful to admit that one built on an Entreprise. You can damn well betcha if I can get my talons on one I will put it smack in the middle of a Dan's Grade One Imbel kit I got over yonder. I won't make no bones about it either.

Fess up y'all. WHO GOTS ONE ??????????????

- Theodore Roosevelt - (1858-1919) 26th President of the United States

FOUNDER- Free ggiilliiee Foundation hehe
owlcreekok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2007, 09:52   #317
ftierson
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by owlcreekok
I don't...

And won't...

Y'all can do what you want...

Forrest
Old June 12, 2007, 10:40   #318
owlcreekok
Registered

FALaholic #: 15323
Quote:
Y'all can do what you want...
I generally do.

Sure pisses her off sometimes.

- Theodore Roosevelt - (1858-1919) 26th President of the United States

FOUNDER- Free ggiilliiee Foundation hehe
owlcreekok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 06, 2007, 23:35   #319
CReid
Registered

FALaholic #: 5503
ARe they shipping enterprise recievers? I called in november or december i think. And before. REfuse to pay the insane price for DSA stuff so i waited. Anyone tried one yet?

PS i plan on actually modelling this one in Cad for my fellow amateur-machinist nuts.
CReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2007, 00:57   #320
GunHo109
Registered

FALaholic #: 4558
I ordered one in March. I'm still waiting!?..

Very disappointed!

Lily the customer service Rep has givin me every excuse in the book! I'm just waiting for her to tell me something new. Like; "Your order is on it's way, and heres your tracking number, and buy the way, Thanks again for shopping at Entreprise Arms!"

Why would anyone buy a kit off there website and wait 6 months to finish it!?..

I'm going back to building AK's and AR's. Parts are plenty.....

dAvE
Old July 29, 2007, 12:29   #321
Tomovich
Registered

FALaholic #: 8814

I've held off from posting about this but it's gotten ridiculous. In my case we're beyond the "every excuse in the book" stage. She has started acting like I'm an irate customer when I call (once a month!!!) and I've been totally patient. She's apparantly used up all her excuses. When she heard my name last time she acted all huffy and switched me to someone else apparantly KNOWING she had nothing good to tell me.

I bought two metric receivers late last year. Maybe the last two they had on hand. When I tried to actually use them I discovered the gas tube and barrel holes weren't concentric on one of them and on the other the tail end of the receiver had been dropped and the grooves smashed flat (BEFORE parking!!) so the top cover would not slide in. I called up and talked to a guy who said to ship them back and they would repair or replace and even barrel and headspace them for me. Sounds cool to me!! So I packed them all up and shipped tham back around the 1st of the year. This is what, the end of July?? Nothing but excuses and stories and bullshit. AND..........they have my kits, receivers AND money.

I can't help but say...........Entreprise sucks. At least for me they do. I have never really experienced this level (or lack of) of customer service except for from the federal government, in my life.

And so the saga continues..............lingering like a festering wound..................

Kalashnikov Collector's Association and FAL addict
Tomovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2007, 12:30   #322
DOCLOVE
Registered

FALaholic #: 17580
Quote:
Originally posted by owlcreekok
Okay.

Entreprise is making and shipping receivers again. No ?

Much ado about their capabilities in the past would, one would think, result in changes.

Has not a single soul among us had their hands on one of these ?

Or is it just too shameful to admit that one built on an Entreprise. You can damn well betcha if I can get my talons on one I will put it smack in the middle of a Dan's Grade One Imbel kit I got over yonder. I won't make no bones about it either.

I have 2
DOCLOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2007, 13:32   #323
Tomovich
Registered

They told me they are in fact producing and currently shipping out their "new improved" receivers. The back log of orders is apparently tremndous. At least too tremendous to take care of my 8 month old problem. But, some people must be getting receivers.

Old August 01, 2007, 10:38   #324
GunHo109
Registered

I got an E-mail today. They said they had 1 type 3 in the white ready for shipping if I was interested. I'm guessing in the white means not parked. I told them I would take it. I might as well get something for my money!?..

dAvE
Old August 01, 2007, 15:22   #325
Tomovich
Registered

ONE???? How the hell can any real company do business like this??

Take it and run with it and hope it works. Please post your results. I'm still waiting for my two for 8 months now.

Old August 02, 2007, 00:15   #326
GunHo109
Registered

I got a tracking number today. I figure I'll slap it together, and hit it with some Duracoat. Then I'm done with FALS. I'm going to try building AK's. Maybe a nice SVD sniper rifle or something along that line. Hopefully there won't be any dead-ends on there parts kits.

I'll let you guys know how it turns out. I should be able to pick up the reciever on the 7th of Aug.

dAvE
Old August 02, 2007, 11:51   #327
Tomovich
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by GunHo109
Hopefully there won't be any dead-ends on there parts kits.

dAvE
There are already dead ends in the AK world. No receiver problems but other "issues".

The number of kits are limited as far as I can tell. No more coming I think other than what may be sitting in bonded custom houses right now. Due to the new laws no more "real" barrels (just like with FALS). They found out we were excercising our freedoms and having too much fun. Damn free men, who do we think we are??

Also, SVD snipers use a different type of receiver than an AK, more like an SKS and there are none of THOSE kits around anyway.

I believe our days at this hobby are numbered. But in the meantime...........Entreprise is still a thorn in MY side...........

Old August 02, 2007, 14:17   #328
GunHo109
Registered

No more AK kits! Frack!

But then again a full rifle is still cheaper. I only have 1 AK. I might as well pair up. And I still might buy an SVD or something of the sort. We have a gun show coming soon and I might start checking out my options.

Sorry you guys are still waiting. I was tempted to ask for my money back, but after 90 days, I'm not sure if you can still dispute it on your credit card!?.

none the less I havn't seen my reciever yet and I'm not sure if there will be any problems yet.

dAvE
Old August 07, 2007, 16:14   #329
GunHo109
Registered

Receiver came in today. It looks fine so far except that it's not parked. So I guess there is hope for you that pre-paid as I did.

dAvE
Old August 12, 2007, 17:53   #330
GunHo109
Registered

I spoke with Lily @ Entreprise Arms for awhile the other day. I told her the receiver was alot better than the one I had gotten 2 years ago. It fit the lower much better and the engraveing was alot nicer. She said the hold up they've been haveing is in part due to the company they use for parkarizing. If you decide to get it in the white and not parked, you can get your receivers alot quicker. It will save you several weeks off your wait time. Pretty much all there makeing right now is Metric type 3's. And they are makeing them as fast as they can.

I was at a gunshow today, and came across a South african congo Fal. I was tempted, but I decided to wait a few more months before I decide wether or not to do another build. I'm still looking for an SVD.

All politics aside, I ordered another Type 3 in the white.

dAvE
Old August 12, 2007, 18:26   #331
Tomovich
Registered

Glad that they took care of you but I talked to them a couple of days ago and they're still dicking me around big time. Never ever again.

Never.

Old September 16, 2007, 11:32   #332
AlohaRover
Registered

FALaholic #: 18689
I ordered 3 of the new receivers back when they were still 225$ prepaid. Today they are 290, compared to the FAL-Files DSA price of 350.
They arrived a week ago.

So this past week I sat down and built up 3 imbel kits on the Entreprise receivers. What a total pain in the ass. The finish is good, but required a lot of work.

Out of the three only one was able to hand time correctly. And yes tried all the barrels I have (5) in the ones that didn't. Best I could get was 9'oclock on one of them.

The other was 10. But the one at 10 I couldn't even screw the barrel in more then have way. So I applied some lapping compound to the threads and kept working the barrel in and out until it was seated.

Since I don't have a lathe I took a block of oak and drilled a hole in it just barely large enough so the threaded portion of the barrel would sit on it.
I then used some spray adhesive to attach a piece of sand paper to the block, cut out a hole in the sand paper. Couple squirts of oil. Drop the barrel in and twist. Kinda looked like I was trying to start a fire. I started with 220 wet dry and moved up to 400. Took forever on the one to get the shoulder set back.

I had to do the lapping compound trick on one of the gas tube threads also.

On one of the receivers the locking shoulder hole wasn't perfectly formed. A lot of metal from the ejector block had been pushed up into the shoulder hole and they never removed it. It looked like the EB slot was too small and they had to really push the block in, moving metal in the process. Some time spent with a small round file fixed it.

Now the worse thing was the mag wells. On all three receivers they were too small. More so in the width then the length. They would cut metal off the magazines as you tried to insert it, they were so tight.
Took a lot of work with the Dremal, but finally got them so that a mag could easily be insert and would drop clear when the mag release was pressed.

No problems with fit to the lower, bolt rails, or top cover.
But as it was took almost 8 hours work to get three of them barrelled, timed, headspaced, and the mag wells fixed.

I am all for saving some cash, but Entreprises time to deliver isn't any quicker then DSA's, maybe ever a little longer.
They charge your CC at the time of order, not time of shipping (DSA does ToS)
And then the amount of time required to get them working.
Not worth it IMHO.
I won't be ordering any more.

To date I have built 1 Hesse, 2 Centuriers, 3 Imbels, and 1 DSA. I probably was able to get all 7 of those rifles up and running in less time then one Entreprise.

To be fair, I did not contact them to complain. By the time I discovered the magwell problem, all three had already been worked on in some small manner.
The serial numbers were 30 numbers apart from the lowest to the highest if that matters.

Pete
AlohaRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2009, 04:50   #333
txf15crewchief
Registered

FALaholic #: 46281
I hate being the one to open a thread that's been dead for 2 years but, I was wondering if anyone had any information on the newest Entreprise rifles and receivers. I stumbled on to their website after drooling over the DSA site. Has Entreprise improved since 2007 or should they be ignored, and I should just continue to look at Gunbroker, gun shows, or DSA? ANy info would be greatly appreciated thanks alot.
Old November 08, 2009, 12:53   #334
Tomovich
Registered

I haven't heard any bad things lately, only good. As a matter of fact I've had problems with my last two DSA INCH receivers so who the hell knows, ya know?

Life's a bitch.

Old November 10, 2009, 04:54   #335
Hoot G
What, me worry?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 23207
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showt...hreadid=273023

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showt...hreadid=267604

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showt...hreadid=271343

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showt...0&pagenumber=1

Winston Churchill

Always have a go-to-hell plan.
Hoot G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 08, 2009, 18:42   #336
garandguy10
Registered

FALaholic #: 10840
Entreprise has been"Moving" for quite some time now. Has anyone actually received an British Inch pattern L1A1 receiver from them, other than the few they sent out months ago???
garandguy10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2009, 05:11   #337
garandguy10
Registered

The silence speaks so much louder than words.............
Old January 15, 2010, 14:25   #338
garandguy10
Registered

No one has a new Entreprise British inch pattern receiver??? Really, no one??

I am shocked I tell you, shocked......
Old January 15, 2010, 17:07   #339
Hoot G
What, me worry?
Bronze Contributor

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showt...hreadid=278518

Winston Churchill

Old January 27, 2010, 16:44   #340
whirlibird
Registered

FALaholic #: 5039
I recently received my new Type 3 Metric Enterprise receiver.

Like a fool I didn't take photo's before and after but will related my experiences.

It went together easier than my last Imbel.
The barrel timed right up. First try, with only anti seize and the proper wrenches.
The bolt carrier ran true and smoothly.

Quite simply almost everything went in like it was the original, if not better.

The only stumbling points were a too tight bolt hold open, a tight takedown latch, most likely too much Gun Kote on my part.

Would I buy another Enterprise Metric receiver? No, I'd buy 3 this time.
Old February 07, 2010, 23:00   #341
def90
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 50609
The Brit cut review is in..
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showt...hreadid=281950
def90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 07, 2013, 22:55   #342
Birddog 1911
Registered

FALaholic #: 39805
Anybody know if Entreprise has gotten any better in their quality? They seem to be reasonably priced these days.
Old January 26, 2013, 22:36   #343
EnterpriseFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 68657
Enterprise fal

I purchased an enterprise built fal from a dealer six years ago. Runs like a top. Haven't had any problems. Tried to contact them about finding out a build date and I never heard back. Doesn't matter much, just glad I got a good one!
EnterpriseFAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27, 2013, 23:49   #344
crazynoto
Registered

FALaholic #: 65532
i ordered 3 of the brit cut receivers in NOV and they came in at the end of DEC two of the three brit kits timed up perfectly with the the breaching washers that came with the kits i had to order one about .0015 thicker for the third the finish was perfect lugs pressed in with a nice press and i only found a couple minor burrs on two of the receivers they locked up tight just like they came from the factory. i started reading some threads about quality issues after i orderd them and got worried but after assembley of three, they just fell together i couldent be more happy with the quality and fit, finish and functionality.
crazynoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2013, 08:36   #345
munchoman
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 21848
EnterpriseFAL
Registered

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

crazynoto
Registered

How long have you been working for Entreprise?

munchoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2013, 18:44   #346
Hoot G
What, me worry?
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchoman View Post
EnterpriseFAL
Registered

crazynoto
Registered

How long have you been working for Entreprise?

And this wouldn't be the first time that Entreprise tried this shill garbage. They just don't seem to learn that as long as their customer service is crap, and their receivers are crap, that their name will be, umm, less than optimum.

Winston Churchill

Old January 30, 2013, 00:25   #347
crazynoto
Registered

i am just reporting the feedback on the recivers that i got i am more of a reader not a post-er i was just on the files looking for some info about original lithgow recivers and i started reading about enterprise but i had already made my order for 3 brit cut recievers and after i got them and assembled them i thought i would pass on my findings. i had one metric type 3 that i got along time ago and i was happy with how it went together. i since have ordered 2 dsa recievers witch i prefer since they are forged. you can see who i am by my sales on GB and e-bay (crazynoto) or moran motorsports.com thats who i work for, not enterprise.
crazynoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2013, 14:11   #348
smcrea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72873
This seems to be an old thread... but here we go..

I've ordered an inch cut from Entreprise and it's in the post to my FFL right now. So far I've found Albert at Entreprise to be extremely helpful. I've got a complete Brit inch kit so after my receiver has gone through Kalifornia DROS I'll be sending the complete thing with receiver back to them for a build. I am going to do the Master Build and have them re-finish the rifle. I was wondering if you guys can advise anything else thats not on the Master build list that I should have done from the additional FAL services while I'm at it: http://www.entreprise.com/fnfalsmith.htm

The tune up package looks interesting for $75 but I'm wondering how much of this is including in the build?

I was also looking at the 'Heat treat upper receiver to 40Rc' and was wondering if I should have this done for $75

Thanks for any advise!

Steve
smcrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18, 2013, 00:51   #349
SWOHFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 34346
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcrea View Post
This seems to be an old thread... but here we go..

I've ordered an inch cut from Entreprise and it's in the post to my FFL right now. So far I've found Albert at Entreprise to be extremely helpful. I've got a complete Brit inch kit so after my receiver has gone through Kalifornia DROS I'll be sending the complete thing with receiver back to them for a build. I am going to do the Master Build and have them re-finish the rifle. I was wondering if you guys can advise anything else thats not on the Master build list that I should have done from the additional FAL services while I'm at it: http://www.entreprise.com/fnfalsmith.htm

The tune up package looks interesting for $75 but I'm wondering how much of this is including in the build?

I was also looking at the 'Heat treat upper receiver to 40Rc' and was wondering if I should have this done for $75

Thanks for any advise!

Steve
I believe that it is supposed to be better if the receiver is differentially hardened only in stressed areas so there is still malleability elsewhere to absorb stress forces without cracking as it might if the whole receiver was hardened and embrittled. IOW, being hardened everywhere doesn't make it more durable.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 18, 2013, 01:34   #350
smcrea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72873
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOHFAL View Post
I believe that it is supposed to be better if the receiver is differentially hardened only in stressed areas so there is still malleability elsewhere to absorb stress forces without cracking as it might if the whole receiver was hardened and embrittled. IOW, being hardened everywhere doesn't make it more durable.
I certainly see your point!.. so it's a question of which is better.. to not harden everything or to harden everything?
smcrea is offline   Reply With Quote