DYNOMIKE
Registered

FALaholic #: 11982
Bought TWO GROCKS today.....

Should I be happy or sad?

Hmmmm, I think I'll be HAPPY...

Gen 4 G21
Gen 4 G35

I like them both and can't wait to shoot them on Friday..
For now I'm leaving the G35 alone as the trigger is quite good.
However I am installing a couple new springs and 3.5lb Trigger connector from GHOST in/on the G21..
Old December 27, 2012, 00:05   #2
homelandprotector
Registered

FALaholic #: 16592
My G35 is my favorite gun ever.

You sure gota lota guns.
Old December 27, 2012, 00:20   #3
E5c03
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 18505
Own minivan ,,with that tupperware?

Tried a glock once,,not my cup a noodles
Old December 27, 2012, 08:40   #4
DYNOMIKE
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by homelandprotector View Post
My G35 is my favorite gun ever.

You sure gota lota guns.
I understand the 35's are pretty shweet and I like the fourty so it should be fun.

Naw I donate them all to charity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by E5c03 View Post
Own minivan ,,with that tupperware?

Tried a glock once,,not my cup a noodles
Minivan??
LOL!!! I think not, you must have me confused with someone else..
Yourself mebe???

Tried a GLOCK ONCE and your an expert huh?? That's Cool..
They aint for everyone but what is? I don't like KeTec (tried the more then once) but GLOCK aint KelTec that's for sure. I'm sure everyone here has a firearm brand or type they don't like but I don't see them posting up?
Old December 27, 2012, 09:02   #5
Herr Walther
Registered

FALaholic #: 11681
I'm gettin' me one of them SIG-Sauzers or maybe a Bushwacker.

Enjoy your Groks. Reliable and utilitarian, but not for me.
Old December 27, 2012, 09:36   #6
DYNOMIKE
Registered

I consider Buchwackers low end so I'll pass, lots of better stuff in the safe already.

Have a SIG already though, nice guns..
Old December 27, 2012, 10:47   #7
homelandprotector
Registered

Hey Mike, do you get them at dealer cost through the gun shop you work at (lucky guy ).....A G35 for under $600. which is a competition level gun right outa the box is an amazing deal, probably the best deal on a hand gun any where at any time in history. My G35 is so accurate it just a blows my mind.

I think 40. is the best balance of knock down power and controllability of any caliber then figure that you have 15 rounds ready for business and its possibly
the most lethal combination out there in a hand gun. That's why I have 3
40. Grocks a 35,22,and a 23....all I need is a 27 and my life will be comlete . I looking at getting a KKM barrel in 357 sig for my 22, KKM's shop is about a 1/2 hr from my place.

wish I didn't sell my Keltec sub 2000.....it was a 40. that used Glock mags (it had the worst trigger of any gun ever).

Let me know what your impression is of the G21, I've never shot one, can't get over the size of them.

Here's a nice truck gun set up.........

Last edited by homelandprotector; December 27, 2012 at 10:53.
homelandprotector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2012, 10:51   #8
homelandprotector
Registered

Are yours RTF2's If not check this out > http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341996

Old December 27, 2012, 11:05   #9
homelandprotector
Registered

This guy shoots more guns then anyone and he loves the G21.

He sells his used targets on ebay > http://www.ebay.com/itm/290602177381...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1 Hahaha! sold for $202., it Paid for his ammo.

Old December 27, 2012, 22:34   #10
DYNOMIKE
Registered

Hey HLP~

Oh I do like the .40 cal cartridge and have noted on numerous occasions the same things you stated. Seems to me the ideal cartridge having both good bullet weight and velocity.
That being said I'm stoked about the G35 and will be testing it out tomorrow.
Gots plenty of .40 ammo and may bring along my CZ 75 in .40 too as a measuring stick of sorts because that gun shoots like a damn laser beam.

As far as the G21 I gotta say this is somewhat of a test for me.. I had the 1911 that got blown up replaced with a brand new custom build (took almost two years). While the gun shoots great it's not been W/Out issue and I'm kina on the fence now about the gun in general.. "IF" the G21 performs as I suspect it will then I may re-think my desire to keep a 1911 in the fold? NOT giving up on the 1911 just yet but man it's tough to not be impressed by 13(+1) rds of .45 on tap in the Big GROCK...
I have no problem with the grip but still have to shoot the gun, it comes W/The med backstrap on it so if I don't like it I'll swap it and see what I see?

COOL vids man, thanks for posting.. I'm somewhat impressed by not only how well the gun ran but also by his shooting..
Old December 28, 2012, 01:02   #11
homelandprotector
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYNOMIKE View Post
Hey HLP~
COOL vids man, thanks for posting.. I'm somewhat impressed by not only how well the gun ran but also by his shooting..
Hickok45 has probably shot 10 million rounds out of every gun known to man,
I think he's in Oregun and does dozens and dozens of YouTube gun reviews.

His ammo is donated, What a cool JOB!

He likes Glocks too......his CCW that he always raves about is a G19,...I got one on layway at Cabelas right now, it's an RTF2

Old December 28, 2012, 01:10   #12
29sedan
Registered

FALaholic #: 62946
QUOTE: I think he's in Oregun

He is located in Tennessee and I believe is a teacher.
Old December 29, 2012, 17:38   #13
Savary
Registered

FALaholic #: 8780
That hitler glock video is great
Savary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29, 2012, 18:39   #14
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
I've tried Glocks - by no means an expert - but I just didn't prefer the feel and didn't shoot them well. I'm an olde farte 1911/BHP type, I guess !

Doesn't mean the Glocks are bad by any means, just that they ain't for me. I think it's cool that Mike has a posse of 'em and likes 'em

Handled a P30 ( didn't get to shoot it ) while waiting for the "instant check" ( hah ! ) on my SCAR17 and have to say Hitler is right - it IS a comfortable gun, at least for me. Just ain't a DA autopistol fan, is all.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2012, 01:20   #15
DYNOMIKE
Registered

Quote:
Hickok45 has probably shot 10 million rounds out of every gun known to man,
I think he's in Oregun and does dozens and dozens of YouTube gun reviews.

His ammo is donated, What a cool JOB!

He likes Glocks too......his CCW that he always raves about is a G19,...I got one on layway at Cabelas right now, it's an RTF2
If the 21 and 35 show continued good performance then I suspect I would/will buy another.. Mebe a 17C or a 34?
We get the RTF guns in from time to time on direct buy's/trade, I like them too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Armstrong View Post
I've tried Glocks - by no means an expert - but I just didn't prefer the feel and didn't shoot them well. I'm an olde farte 1911/BHP type, I guess !

Doesn't mean the Glocks are bad by any means, just that they ain't for me. I think it's cool that Mike has a posse of 'em and likes 'em

Handled a P30 ( didn't get to shoot it ) while waiting for the "instant check" ( hah ! ) on my SCAR17 and have to say Hitler is right - it IS a comfortable gun, at least for me. Just ain't a DA autopistol fan, is all.
I've owned GROCK before and liked it fine but never really shot it all that much. The new guns have a diff feel about them and I figured they would make a good addition to the fold if for no other reason then being good quality High Caps. "So far" I like them both quite a bit but it's only been one range trip to date. The GROCK in general is a well made and well designed pistol certainly but also offers quite a bit in that $500.00-$600.00 price point.

That being said I seriously doubt I'll be getting rid of the H/P's, CZ's, SIG, or 1911 anytime soon..
BTW, the 1911 has begun to redeem itself as I've now had two complete range trips W/ZERO malfs and the gun shoots incredibly well.
Old December 30, 2012, 10:41   #16
LaConservationist
Registered
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 42319
Hey Glocks aren't bad......NO I am not of of the guys that believes that GLOCK is the BEST DAMN FIREARM/PISTOL ever made and it will suck your c0ck it is so good!
In fact I don't really care for the appearance of the Glocks as a whole.......BUT.....Yes I said BUT!!! I do have a G19 as well as a G22, They are the RTF and the FISH GILL serrations on the slide....NOW these I really like the look....handle very nice and feel fine......I will also say, IF GLOCK would have made more models in this configuration I would own those models as well!!

And as far as that SUB 2000 thingy......yeah I have one of those too in the .40 cal version.....accepts the G22 mags....I do like the carry case that homelandprotector shows....may try and duplicate that!!!

Mike ENJOY your GLOCKS, nice shooters I am sure!!......They are......JUST not a SIG!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR my FRIEND!!

LaC

"Any one who thinks he can be happy
and prosperous by letting
the Government take care of him,
better take a closer look at the American Indian."

- Henry Ford
LaConservationist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2012, 13:02   #17
kotengu
Registered

FALaholic #: 1594
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29sedan View Post
He is located in Tennessee and I believe is a teacher.
Where in TN? I thought he looked familiar. Kind of reminds me of shlomo a little bit (both in skills and mannerisms), except I don't think shlomo would be caught dead with a plastic pistol
Old December 31, 2012, 13:18   #18
EinheitElf
Registered

FALaholic #: 21533
I have a Gen 1 Glock 19 with '666' in the ser#-I call it the 'Devil's gun' ,a Gen 1 G24 and go to pickup a used Gen 3 G35 I picked up out of Kentucky for $450 shipped with night sights..... Has light holster wear,looks very good(95%) , night sights do look dim and the guy sent the 3 15 rd mags to me disassembled(kits)

The place I bought it from started out with like 40 of them, now out.... priodded my friend into geetting one of the last 2... secretly hoping he may tire of it and I swoop in to get a 2nd one... will offer $475. -Just kidding, hope he likes it.

We cant get Gen 4 here because they somehow 'failed the drop test'... I think glock did not BRIBE Kommiefornia DOJ ENOUGH so they said no,no, no pass for you!! We will now **** our state residents more...... Only way to get one in is know a cop or some how do a PPT with someone who moved here.. Dickheads..
EinheitElf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 01, 2013, 16:08   #19
DYNOMIKE
Registered

EinheitElf I think yer gonna LIKE the G35..
Old January 01, 2013, 17:26   #20
CTW
Registered

FALaholic #: 41894
That 35 is a nice pistol Mike. I have shot afew of them at work. Alot of our officers on swat and other specialized units carry them instead of the issue 22's we get. I myself have a gen 3 34 and like it alot. I also like my stock 22. My everyday carry is a gen 3 model 23. i love it for the weight, size and firepower. Glad to see you're doing good. I have been under the weather for about a month and therefore have not shot any. Chris
Old January 02, 2013, 16:26   #21
johnnv
Registered

FALaholic #: 11172
I purchased my Glock mod.22 many years ago and it has never failed me once. Just recently I got a mod.21 Gen4 and it's a winner. Glocks will never win any beauty contest that's for sure but they work every time, all the time.
johnnv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2013, 20:02   #22
homelandprotector
Registered

Quote:
Just make sure ya keep a few Beta mags loaded at all times, Ya never know.

Old January 02, 2013, 23:47   #23
E5c03
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 18505
Quote:
I understand the 35's are pretty shweet and I like the fourty so it should be fun.

Naw I donate them all to charity...

Minivan??
LOL!!! I think not, you must have me confused with someone else..
Yourself mebe???

Tried a GLOCK ONCE and your an expert huh?? That's Cool..
They aint for everyone but what is? I don't like KeTec (tried the more then once) but GLOCK aint KelTec that's for sure. I'm sure everyone here has a firearm brand or type they don't like but I don't see them posting up?
Should have sad OWNED a glock once,,just never grew on me ,even after
2000+ rounds fired through it..A 1st gen 19

But know quite a few friends that love em.

No mini van here either,,just a Powerstroke
Old January 03, 2013, 00:48   #24
EinheitElf
Registered

Quote:
I am sure I will, i go get it out of prison tomorrow on the way home from work.... and i like the fact that I can still get ,although harder now, 180 gr hP for same price as the FMJ and price is actually cheaper than 9mm hp

Hope to get more at the next show... strange... 9mm was all going and there were CASES STACKED of the 40.... hope it is similar at the next show....

Regarding the beta mag.. I would not do that unless I had a steel mag release.. I prefer the 22 rd or 29rd w/+2 floor plates....

I am looking at one of those carbine kits for eventual use possibly... I am not sure if the kit needs nfa since it is just a shell..... the glock just 'plops' into it.... bought they are cool,would be great in the BOB..... BTW that keltec looks pretty good in that kit/bag...

I am looking into trying to make a MP5 ish clone in 9mm or 40 that would take glock mags......a bit funky looking but same mags...
Old January 05, 2013, 19:10   #25
G3isMe
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 6530
Quote:
..................all I need is a 27 and my life will be comlete . I looking at getting a KKM barrel in 357 sig for my 22, KKM's shop is about a 1/2 hr from my place.

wish I didn't sell my Keltec sub 2000........
I have a 27, my only Grock. I am not really much of a handgun guy but the 27 was my first carry piece. I love it, the wife actually likes it better than her Springfield XD-9.

I had one of those Kel-Tecs too, sold it about a month before the panic set in for $300.

Old January 05, 2013, 20:14   #26
EinheitElf
Registered

Picked up my used G35 yesterday,Merry Christmas to me, and I think i got a 'supervisor gun'.... some light holster wear, black paint worn off the slide stop a little, looks like HARDLY SHOT and the Trit sights still glow pretty good

my friend says mine was 'cherry picked' for me... I amde no requests,shop owner had 4 left from 40, I told him I wanted one... maybe he felt pity for m e due to where I live .

Friend told me his has a 'reddish hue' by the muzzle and slide-?? and that the bottom rear of the grip is 'polished' like from a hand resting on it and the barrel feed ramp is POLISHED,as in done on purpose, nor due to bazillions of rounds...

Anyway quite happy, just need a few more 15 round mag 'kits' and would love some 22 rounders or the Scherrer 29 rounders that were like $25 FRIKKIN DOLLARS before the damn panic.. nobody wanted them because they 'jammed' I will take a few at $25 for 'jammo's' since mine never have
Old January 06, 2013, 02:02   #27
homelandprotector
Registered

Nice score Einheit, I picked up a police return G22 a couple years ago and even though it had been shot alot it had virtually no wear what so ever....something about the stainless guide rails seem to give it about a million round service life and the polygonal barrel that won't ever wear out.

The accuracy, simplicity, light weight, cost, round capacity, reliability made me a believer in Glock...maybe because I'm part Austrian too.

I paid $369. for it at Cabelas and it restored my belief in Glocks after 20 years of not picking one up at all or thinking about them, now I have 4.

I have all the forty cals now I need to work on getting all the 9mm models.... or should I get all the 45 models first??.
Old January 06, 2013, 03:50   #28
onegunshort
Registered

FALaholic #: 13581
Never owned a glock until a couple weeks ago. Went with a NIB blue label 27 gen 4 from GT Distributors. $515 shipped with glock night sights. Really like this gun but I'm going to need one of those grip force thingies to prevent the slide bite. I'm not going to say it's the best gun you can buy but I'm more impressed with it than I thought I would be.

I was going to try not to buy any more guns but the BL 35's are $480 before tax and shipping with standard sights. I pretty much have no choice but to get one.
Old January 06, 2013, 09:29   #29
DYNOMIKE
Registered

Einheit I also think you did well and not only do I hope your able to find some good mags but wish you well behind the lines of KOMMIEFORNIA.
These guns are fun to shoot, accurate, and reliable so I suspect yours will see MUCH range time.

Quote:
Nice score Einheit, I picked up a police return G22 a couple years ago and even though it had been shot alot it had virtually no wear what so ever....something about the stainless guide rails seem to give it about a million round service life and the polygonal barrel that won't ever wear out.

The accuracy, simplicity, light weight, cost, round capacity, reliability made me a believer in Glock...maybe because I'm part Austrian too.

I paid $369. for it at Cabelas and it restored my belief in Glocks after 20 years of not picking one up at all or thinking about them, now I have 4.

I have all the forty cals now I need to work on getting all the 9mm models.... or should I get all the 45 models first??.
I think I'm going in the opposite direction of you getting the .45 & FOTY first I now want a 9MegaMeter..
Not sure if I want a 17C or a 34 though??

Anyway if I wuz you I'd get the .45 Next, trust me you'll like it.
Old January 06, 2013, 14:57   #30
Kyrottimus
Registered

FALaholic #: 18036
My first glock was a 17 with the first three alpha characters "NEX" which in Latin means "Death". The irony was not lost on me when purchasing it.

I just logged another one into the shop recently with "TUP" which I assume could be short for tupperware. Will be cool when in a few decades Glock increases their serial number characters to spell out words and phrases. I call dibs on PEWPEW919.
Old January 07, 2013, 10:29   #31
homelandprotector
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegunshort View Post
Never owned a glock until a couple weeks ago. Went with a NIB blue label 27 gen 4 from GT Distributors. $515 shipped with glock night sights. Really like this gun but I'm going to need one of those grip force thingies to prevent the slide bite. I'm not going to say it's the best gun you can buy but I'm more impressed with it than I thought I would be.

I was going to try not to buy any more guns but the BL 35's are $480 before tax and shipping with standard sights. I pretty much have no choice but to get one.
Cheaper than dirt has good prices on Glock accessories.

Here >> http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-PG19

And >> http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-XGGL26-27C
Old January 07, 2013, 10:58   #32
homelandprotector
Registered

Quote:
For now I'm leaving the G35 alone as the trigger is quite good.
However I am installing a couple new springs and 3.5lb Trigger connector from GHOST in/on the G21..
Just tryin to help........

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-GH2105-A-4

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-GH2105-E-4

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-GHRIK
Old January 07, 2013, 17:51   #33
CTW
Registered

Picked up a brand new gen 3 17 today to go with my 34. Now to go shoot it!
Old January 08, 2013, 07:29   #34
richbug
Registered

FALaholic #: 10484
Bought a new gen 3 22 yesterday after playing with a friends gen 4 22 over the weekend. Older Glocks never felt especially good in my hand. The Gen 4 felt terrible regardless of what backstrap was on it.

It seems the new thing to do locally was swap out the 15 rounds mags for 10s. I would bet it was a distributor thing. Any way found one for $529 with 2 15s, and they had some 357 mags for pre-panic money.
richbug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 08, 2013, 10:55   #35
homelandprotector
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by richbug View Post
Bought a new gen 3 22 yesterday after playing with a friends gen 4 22 over the weekend. Older Glocks never felt especially good in my hand. The Gen 4 felt terrible regardless of what backstrap was on it.

It seems the new thing to do locally was swap out the 15 rounds mags for 10s. I would bet it was a distributor thing. Any way found one for $529 with 2 15s, and they had some 357 mags for pre-panic money.
I'm pretty sure that the 357 Sig mags are identical to the 40.cal G22 mags...in fact to change your G22 into a G31 that shoots 357 sig, all you need to do is change the barrel.

I'm getting a KKM barrel in 357 sig for my G23, talk about a pocket rocket.
Old January 08, 2013, 12:51   #36
CTW
Registered

They are the same. The followers say .357. I used to have a 33 and my friend carried a 27. We swapped mags at the range between the two with no issues whatsoever.
Old January 08, 2013, 13:06   #37
richbug
Registered

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that the 357 Sig mags are identical to the 40.cal G22 mags...in fact to change your G22 into a G31 that shoots 357 sig, all you need to do is change the barrel.
Thanks, I knew that going in. Bought what few they had.
Old January 08, 2013, 15:04   #38
EinheitElf
Registered

i THINK I AM GOING TO GET CONVERSION BARRELS FOR BOTH 9 AND 357 SIG FOR MY G24 AND G35 ...GET ALL CALIBERS COVERED...... JUST WISH I NEW ABOUT THE CONVERSION BARRELS OR THEY HAD THEM YRS AGO, WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A G23/G22 AND JUST BOUGHT BARRELS AND MAGSD... OOPS-SORRY ON CAPSlock--at work bouncing between program input and here...
Old January 08, 2013, 17:51   #39
DYNOMIKE
Registered

Quote:

I like the "stippling" on the G4's better then the texture of the G3's..

We deal with huge buyers groups everyday and sell a LOT of GROCKS.
I'm 100% sure we have not had a single vendor/wholesaler do mag swaps with any of our GROCKS..

A more reasonable explanation would be those guns are BAN STATE (IE:LOW cap guns) that where destined for KOMMIEFORNIA and purchased by the dealer because there was NOTHING else available.
IF I wanted a GROCK I'd much rather have to find a mag then the entire gun.

Another potential explanation would be that the DEALER did a swap but to be honest that's unlikely since know one in a NON BAN state ordered or sells 10rd mags anyway??
Old January 08, 2013, 20:11   #40
richbug
Registered

Quote:

IF I wanted a GROCK I'd much rather have to find a mag then the entire gun.
I already had some mags(got a pocket Grock too), but didn't want any 10s.

Precious few guns of any sort out there yesterday anyway.
Old January 14, 2013, 10:47   #41
DYNOMIKE
Registered

Quote:
I already had some mags(got a pocket Grock too), but didn't want any 10s.

Precious few guns of any sort out there yesterday anyway.
Oh I don't blame ya for not wanting 10's they are Te SUX..

Man no doubt about the guns, I think you (most anyone) would have been impressed by out GROCK back stock in the gun room and on display.
We have been absolutely HAMMERED and have very few left now..

Hell I think I might just buy a 34 too..
Old January 15, 2013, 02:32   #42
Dirt1042
Registered

FALaholic #: 21859
Picked up a Gen 4 G19 today from Cabelas. It came with the mag loader and 3 15 rd mags and grip adjuster thingies. I bought a box of 147g HPs and 5 boxes of ball S&B ammo.

Not my first pistol, but popped my Glock cherry. The other pistols I own are HPs Love my FM detective model.

Going to pick this up ...

http://www.opticsplanet.com/streamli...lashlight.html
Old January 15, 2013, 15:05   #43
EinheitElf
Registered

IF ANYONE HAS ANY DISGUSTING 10 ROUNDERS THEY ARE THROWING AWAY i WILL TAKE 1 OR 2... THEY ARE FINE BEATERS FOR THE RANGE...PLUS WITH WHAT AMMO IS...MAKES IT LAST A LITTLE LONGER-oops-sorry caps lock, at work Save the 'good ones' for when really needed

hope to go shoot my G35 next week, oh and I guess i should have posted my mag find of the month here instead of a sep thread...

1 thing... I am still amazed that the G24 with the 6" still seems to be noticeably nose heavy even when compared to the G35... it's only about an inch longer bult the fulcrum point and that extra little weight still makes a difference.