The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Survival & Preparedness

Notices

Old December 20, 2012, 11:47   #1
apilgrim_shadow
Registered

FALaholic #: 67821
Oathkeepers: Obama and Holder's Secret Weapon

I find myself increasingly amazed and discouraged by the growing membership at oathkeepers.org, because these people seem to have no clue about what oathkeepers real purpose is. Let's imagine that you are Obama and Holder, and you are fast-tracking gun control legislation that you know will be unpopular. You plan to use the military and civilian law enforcement to seize firearms that you hope to ban at some point in the near future. How can you be sure who in the military and civilian law enforcement will obey your orders to kick in doors and shoot resisters? Easily: have one of your old friends and supporters (in Obama's case, he and Stewart Rhodes are very close friends and Rhodes worked on both of Obama's campaigns) form an organization that claims to be a place for soldiers and cops to go who will refuse such orders, and bingo! Whoever signs up you will have their information and can easily track them and remove them from the equation. These idiots think that when the time comes they will make a difference, but in actuality they will be the first ones to either be shot, or hanged, or put on the bus. I won't even contemplate what the government will do to their families. Just something to consider as our leaders prepare to use the Constitution as toilet paper.
apilgrim_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20, 2012, 13:09   #2
starbuck
Registered

FALaholic #: 26466
While you may be right its far more dangerous to remain quiet. By that logic the only change you can make is after bullets start flying. Don't remain quiet, Don't hide. Otherwise they will wait you out, and turn our children into slaves.
Old December 20, 2012, 16:59   #3
KSGUNRUNNER
Registered

FALaholic #: 31672
I'd rather...

I'd rather be a victor than a martyr. Of course timing may not allow the choosing of such fate. If forced to choose though, I would choose martyr over victim.
KSGUNRUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20, 2012, 19:54   #4
apilgrim_shadow
Registered

I totally understand what you guys are saying, and I believe in standing up, my plans to defend are made, but I'm worried about my friends who are still serving in the military and who have joined Oathkeepers. How do I warn them without sounding like a nutjob?
Old December 20, 2012, 20:18   #5
ALL FAL
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 24447
Apilgrim shadow, post this everywhere as an personal information bulletin, many young military men and women will read it and at least be informed, that's about all you can do. Word of mouth is powerful.
Old December 20, 2012, 21:46   #6
cotter
Registered

FALaholic #: 23754
Will you give up your guns, hide your guns or will you stand and fight if that time comes. Don't worry they know who we are, where we are and all that anyways. How soes it mater if you belong to any organization? Do you think they can not get the NRA list of membership? GOA's list? While I am not currently a member of OK I am not detered from joining for your reasoning.

Ed: Typing
cotter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 21, 2012, 17:59   #7
JasonB
Banned

FALaholic #: 7430
Quote:
Originally Posted by apilgrim_shadow View Post
I find myself increasingly amazed and discouraged by the growing membership at oathkeepers.org, because these people seem to have no clue about what oathkeepers real purpose is. Let's imagine that you are Obama and Holder, and you are fast-tracking gun control legislation that you know will be unpopular. You plan to use the military and civilian law enforcement to seize firearms that you hope to ban at some point in the near future. How can you be sure who in the military and civilian law enforcement will obey your orders to kick in doors and shoot resisters? Easily: have one of your old friends and supporters (in Obama's case, he and Stewart Rhodes are very close friends and Rhodes worked on both of Obama's campaigns) form an organization that claims to be a place for soldiers and cops to go who will refuse such orders, and bingo! Whoever signs up you will have their information and can easily track them and remove them from the equation. These idiots think that when the time comes they will make a difference, but in actuality they will be the first ones to either be shot, or hanged, or put on the bus. I won't even contemplate what the government will do to their families. Just something to consider as our leaders prepare to use the Constitution as toilet paper.
Where did you find out Stewart Rhodes worked on Obama's campaign? Google only gets back to this thread.
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21, 2012, 18:13   #8
apilgrim_shadow
Registered

I learned about Rhodes and Obama from a friend of mine who has since admitted that it was something he had learned from yet another source that he suddenly cannot verify; needless to say I was less than happy with him since this stuff is hard enough to believe without adding crap to it. Oathkeepers was founded in 2009 however and the whole idea of it is suspicious enough without adding stuff like this to it, my apologies everyone.
Old December 22, 2012, 00:27   #9
Mark IV
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 50937
If the military and LE are ordered to kick down doors and shoot resisters, then the individual military and LE member needs to ask himself a question:

"Am I willing to die for a paycheck?"
"The wholesale and indiscriminate use of firepower will only increase the effectiveness of the enemy and strengthen their resolve to prove the superiority of an agrarian culture against the world's greatest technocracy."
Mark IV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 22, 2012, 07:44   #10
JasonB
Banned

FALaholic #: 7430
Quote:
I learned about Rhodes and Obama from a friend of mine who has since admitted that it was something he had learned from yet another source that he suddenly cannot verify; needless to say I was less than happy with him since this stuff is hard enough to believe without adding crap to it. Oathkeepers was founded in 2009 however and the whole idea of it is suspicious enough without adding stuff like this to it, my apologies everyone.
I kinda wondered because that was my initial assumption on Rhodes(but in the opposite way of stumping for republicans) until he pointed out all of the republicans currently now crying out for Consitutional rights & limitations were fine with over reaching government when Bush was in which is of course the inverse of democrats who are now fine with over reaching , but a few years ago claimed to be shocked and appalled by what they now support.
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2012, 15:12   #11
falfred
Registered

FALaholic #: 8090
Quote:
Hmmm. Join date and number of posts? Your 'friend' cannot verify? Yes, I would say suspicious enough. Tin foil anyone?
falfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2012, 14:46   #12
dakdak
Registered

FALaholic #: 13083
Troll ?

Is he a Troll ? Or is he simply ill-informed ?

Now, I am curious.

I think I will ask Mr. Rhodes, of the OATHKEEPERS organization, if those are facts or misleading stories cooked up by Obama's boys in an attempt to sow seeds of mistrust among the righteous. I can also verify independent of Rhodes.
dakdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 06, 2013, 13:50   #13
A62Rambler
Registered

FALaholic #: 15853
So you are saying to be scared of standing up now so that when it really counts you will somehow find the courage to stand up then? I think it's better to encourage the thought process and to take seriously your oath now so that you know there are others who will stand with you IF you ever are in a situation where you have to stand up for your oath over an order against it.

If you fear the possibility of being on a list of people who will stand up against an illegal order against your oath, how do you expect to actually fight back the fear at the time when it counts the most? I hope I'm on the list of those who will not betray their oath! As Patrick Henry said, "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" I say cast off the the chains of fear. If we are afraid to speak up now we have lost the battle. If we fear the mere possibility of being listed as an oathkeeper, we will never be able to keep our oath!

I'm an Oathkeeper! Three times in my military service I refused an order on the grounds it was illegal (twice), unethical (once), immoral (never). While those orders were simple violations and nothing serious. I felt if I didn't stand up for the small violations, I might never be able to stand up when a serious breach of my oath confronted me.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. --Patrick Henry

We need patriots to represent us as statesmen not politicians to control us like subjects. --Eric

American by birth, Veteran by choice!

Last edited by A62Rambler; January 06, 2013 at 14:19.
A62Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 06, 2013, 14:55   #14
MajHenryWest
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 11906
Lightbulb

Stewart Rhodes worked as a staffer for Rep. Ron Paul, among many other things before Oath Keepers.

Not real consistent with working on the Obama campaign.
Why don't you e- mail him and ask directly? Simple...

Let us know what you find out.
Old January 06, 2013, 15:32   #15
one hand clapping
Registered

FALaholic #: 35299
A62rambler--I stand with you my brother, I was NOT born into a country where one feared speaking their truths and to be silent now will only encourage those who would trade OUR freedom for their chains.
One Hand Clapping
US army Ret.
Old January 06, 2013, 19:11   #16
J MOSBY
Registered

FALaholic #: 2738
Amen OHC, and one thing worth noting for EVERYBODY, all of the (useful) guns that were in the stores are now in the hands of the population.
Ronald Reagan
J MOSBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21, 2013, 15:08   #17
TheOtherTinMan
Registered

FALaholic #: 28548
I haven't found any evidence that Stewart Rhodes worked for, with, or on the Obama campaign (either one).

Where is the evidence showing the OPs original claim is true?
TheOtherTinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2013, 09:25   #18
one hand clapping
Registered

FALaholic #: 35299
Where's the OP on this ???

I say again- I will KEEP my oath, and nobodys paying me squat to do it.
I'm already on many "lists". The way I see it, the commies don't have enough manpower to come after all of us at once, which gives the rest a heads up to scramble to battle stations.

If enough of those with experience say NO, the number crunchers in the opposition might back off, for awhile--

If one does not take a strong posture when challanged- one only encourages the aggressor, whether they are really stronger or not.
Just look at nature-- lots of examples of small critters who get their "back up", show their teeth and by doing so AVOID combat in the moment.
ALL preditors can smell fear and weakness. show it and it encourages them, just like the scum in DC.

Last edited by one hand clapping; January 22, 2013 at 09:32.
one hand clapping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2013, 18:28   #19
Cybercop
Registered

FALaholic #: 2406
Quote:
Time to put this to bed.

1. I know Stewart and have worked with him and have given lectures with him.

2. There is no way in hell he would ever be caught knowingly aiding and abetting a traitor to the constitution.

3. No one save a few persons has the membership list for Oath Keepers, I'm not going any further on this topic.

Any other question just ask.

Jim
------------------
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."

Edward Everett Hale (decedent of Nathan Hale)
Cybercop is offline   Reply With Quote