Notices

Old December 24, 2012, 10:39   #1
carguym14
Registered

FALaholic #: 13162
Firefighters shot responding to fire

The hell?

http://www.kcci.com/news/national/2-...y/-/index.html

At least two firefighters were killed when they were shot after arriving to battle a blaze at a house in upstate New York on Monday, officials said

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

When is it time to pick up your rifle?
When your conscience cannot abide to see it unused.
1gewehr 8/3/05
carguym14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012, 10:56   #2
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 748
Hmmm,

Sounds like fire was to cover up other crimes and the firefighters were shot to make sure the crimes were burned.

Hope they find the shooters and burn' em alive, scum.

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Thorack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012, 11:51   #3
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
http://www.websterpost.com/photos/x1...-Christmas-Eve

http://abcnews.go.com/US/firefighter...ry?id=18055594

From one year ago - related?

Quote:
Posted: 9:29 PM, December 7, 2011

WEBSTER, N.Y. -- A 15-year-old was charged Wednesday after allegedly dousing his two-story family home in upstate New York with gasoline and setting it on fire -- killing his adoptive father and two adoptive brothers.

Michael Pilato was arraigned on felony charges of second-degree murder and second-degree arson after the early morning blaze at the home in Webster, N.Y., The Democrat and Chronicle reported.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/b...EbNK0dw7wpwYmJ

Last edited by Story; December 24, 2012 at 12:00.
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012, 12:07   #4
juanni
TROLL

FALaholic #: 2439
A preview of the coming civil chaos??

.............juanni
juanni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012, 12:21   #5
rowjimmy
Have FAL will travel
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 21662
Count on every instance involving criminal use of a firearm to take the front page for the next few months. Constancy of message is necessary to push the agenda.
rowjimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012, 12:25   #6
Story
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowjimmy View Post
Count on every instance involving criminal use of a firearm to take the front page for the next few months. Constancy of message is necessary to push the agenda.
Exactly this.
Old December 24, 2012, 13:23   #7
Abominog
Old Fart
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 372
I know one of the guys who was killed. He was a jolly kid in school, and a dedicated fireman and policeman. He leaves behind a family. I'm having a tough time right now, it's not going to be a very merry Christmas for me.

The killer, I have been told (but not confirmed in news) was recently released from prison for killing his mother with a hammer.
They will live a long time, these men of the South Pacific. They, like their victories, will be remembered as long as our generation lives. Longer and longer shadows will obscure them, until their Guadalcanal sounds distant on the ear like Shiloh and Valley Forge. --- Michener, Tales of the South Pacific

Tempus Edax Rerum
Abominog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012, 13:26   #8
Story
Registered

Balls, sorry to hear that - hang in there.
Old December 24, 2012, 14:16   #9
shlomo
Registered

FALaholic #: 12779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abominog View Post

The killer, I have been told (but not confirmed in news) was recently released from prison for killing his mother with a hammer.
Imagine our surprise.

'Nog, hang in there. Our thoughts are with you and the family and friends of the fallen.
Old December 24, 2012, 14:37   #10
V guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 10282
New is that the shooter is a long time convicted felon. He shot and killed his grandmother in 1980.

He was born in 1950,
He was in jail again and again, and was on parole until 2006.

The fires were set as a trap--killed two firefighters and an unknown number of persons in the houses he set on fire, before killing himself.

Likely this is a crazy man who was mentally ill and on meds.... getting revenge at xmas--obviously he stole the guns he used as most felons do...................
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012, 14:45   #11
E5c03
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 18505
Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
New is that the shooter is a long time convicted felon. He shot and killed his grandmother in 1980.

He was born in 1950,
He was in jail again and again, and was on parole until 2006.

The fires were set as a trap--killed two firefighters and an unknown number of persons in the houses he set on fire, before killing himself.

Likely this is a crazy man who was mentally ill and on meds.... getting revenge at xmas--obviously he stole the guns he used as most felons do...................
What a convicted felon ? wonder if he bought the firearm legally?

Prayers sent for families
E5c03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012, 14:48   #12
Andy the Aussie
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 216
Quote:
I know one of the guys who was killed. He was a jolly kid in school, and a dedicated fireman and policeman. He leaves behind a family. I'm having a tough time right now, it's not going to be a very merry Christmas for me.

(Jiminy Christmas, did I just recommend a 'yota?!!??)
Andy the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012, 15:27   #13
carguym14
Registered

FALaholic #: 13162
http://www.kcci.com/news/national/4-...z/-/index.html

He had "quite a lengthy criminal history," including serving time for killing his grandmother, Webster Police Chief Gerald Pickering told reporters.

The suspect, identified as William Spengler, 62, was out of prison on supervised parole, Pickering said.

Four firefighters were shot, two fatally, while responding to a blaze, and investigators believe the shooter set a trap to lure them to the scene

"It is possible that a sister of Mr. Spengler is unaccounted for," Pickering said, adding that her last known address was at the residence where the shooting occurred

Guess he wasn't being supervised enough............

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

When is it time to pick up your rifle?
When your conscience cannot abide to see it unused.
1gewehr 8/3/05

Last edited by carguym14; December 24, 2012 at 15:36.
carguym14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012, 15:28   #14
medicmike
Registered

FALaholic #: 3183
Quote:

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.

Old December 24, 2012, 16:01   #15
V guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 10282
Schumer and Feinstein want us disarmed, so that killers like this, have to use an ax, or baseball bat on us.............

"God made man, but Col Colt made them all equal in strength".............

I'm going to guess that it was a hangun that he used..........
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012, 16:19   #16
JasonB
Banned

FALaholic #: 7430
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguym14 View Post
http://www.kcci.com/news/national/4-...z/-/index.html

He had "quite a lengthy criminal history," including serving time for killing his grandmother, Webster Police Chief Gerald Pickering told reporters.

The suspect, identified as William Spengler, 62, was out of prison on supervised parole, Pickering said.

Four firefighters were shot, two fatally, while responding to a blaze, and investigators believe the shooter set a trap to lure them to the scene

"It is possible that a sister of Mr. Spengler is unaccounted for," Pickering said, adding that her last known address was at the residence where the shooting occurred

Guess he wasn't being supervised enough............
Did they have to make room in the prison for offenders who had harmed no one as is so often the case?
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012, 23:34   #17
Abominog
Old Fart
Gold Contributor

In seven hours, three children will awaken excited for Christmas, and when they run downstairs they will see mommy crying and then they will remember that daddy isn't there. Repeat for 60 years.

They won't understand, until maybe much later, that the court system failed them. They won't know, until they are older, that society failed them. Only when they are older might they comprehend that our socio/political system killed their father.

It's been a tough night for me. Keeping tears hidden as best I could (failed miserably.) To make my kid's Christmas special when other kids won't have that. Ever.

My friends and support structure have left for the night. I'm on my own. I will fall asleep, and probably sleep well, only to awaken and remember the horror, and have to tough it out for my little one's joy.

I've had enough of this crap.
They will live a long time, these men of the South Pacific. They, like their victories, will be remembered as long as our generation lives. Longer and longer shadows will obscure them, until their Guadalcanal sounds distant on the ear like Shiloh and Valley Forge. --- Michener, Tales of the South Pacific

Tempus Edax Rerum
Old December 25, 2012, 08:02   #18
JasonB
Banned

FALaholic #: 7430
Quote:
In seven hours, three children will awaken excited for Christmas, and when they run downstairs they will see mommy crying and then they will remember that daddy isn't there. Repeat for 60 years.

They won't understand, until maybe much later, that the court system failed them. They won't know, until they are older, that society failed them. Only when they are older might they comprehend that our socio/political system killed their father.

It's been a tough night for me. Keeping tears hidden as best I could (failed miserably.) To make my kid's Christmas special when other kids won't have that. Ever.

My friends and support structure have left for the night. I'm on my own. I will fall asleep, and probably sleep well, only to awaken and remember the horror, and have to tough it out for my little one's joy.

I've had enough of this crap.

Good morning, hope you can focus on your kids.
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2012, 13:09   #19
SmokeEater2
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 10990
WEBSTER, N.Y. The gunman who killed two firefighters during a pre-dawn ambush on emergency responders in suburban Rochester, N.Y. left behind a note outlining his "clear intent" to burn his neighborhood to the ground and "do what I like doing best, killing people," police said on Tuesday.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/25...tern-ny-blaze/

Welcome to New Zimbabwe, Previously known as the United States of America.
SmokeEater2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2012, 13:11   #20
rowjimmy
Have FAL will travel
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 21662
My condolences Abominog.

For the fallout associated with this:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/w...cle3640430.ece

"One of the weapons recovered was a .233-caliber semiautomatic Bushmaster rifle with flash suppression, the same make and caliber gun used in the elementary school massacre in Newtown, Conn., Pickering said."
rowjimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2012, 13:52   #21
Colorobo
Registered

FALaholic #: 49627
Just saw where one of the weapons was just like the one used in Conn. So Bloomburg and Cumo or what ever you two call yourself If NY is a Ban state How did he get these?? Especially with his lengthly crimminal record? The answer not legally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Colorobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2012, 14:17   #22
SYTY
Registered

FALaholic #: 64897
The person who let him out of jail for murdering his grandmother should be sent to jail. If the n.y. system can't keep these criminals off the streets ( and even if they could ) I'll never give up my 2nd amendment rites ever.

I like n.y. but the the people running it SUCK
SYTY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2012, 20:33   #23
randy762ak
Registered

FALaholic #: 25888
This happened 20 min from me =!
He had a Bushmaster ,,a 38 handgun and a Mossburg shotgun.

they will hype the Bushmaster No end --and minimize the fact he killed before
randy762ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2012, 22:10   #24
gates
Registered

FALaholic #: 129
Abom - Hang in there bro... we're praying for you and your friend.
gates is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2012, 08:56   #25
Abominog
Old Fart
Gold Contributor

Michael J. "Chip" Chiapperini
Chiapperini, Michael J. "Chip"

Webster: Passed away as a result of a tragic line of duty event on December 24, 2012, age 43, along with his fellow firefighter & friend, Tomasz Kaczowka. Predeceased by his father, John; grandmother, Eleanor Gildea. He is survived by his wife, Kimberly; son, Nicholas, daughters, Kacie & Kylie; mother, Marcia; sister, Michelle (Dane) Ehrich; mother-in-law & father-in-law, Shari & Peter Munding; sister-in-law, Julie (Jeff) Dawson; brothers-in-law, Ryan & Michael Munding; Nicholas' mom, Lynn and the Becker family; nieces, nephews, cousins and his "extended family" at the West Webster Fire Dept. and Webster Police Dept.

Chip was a West Webster Fire Department volunteer firefighter for 25 years. He was Past Chief of West Webster Fire Dept. and advisor for its Fire Explorer Post. He served with distinction for 19 years as a Police Officer with the Webster Police Department and rose through the ranks as a Dispatcher, Police Officer, Investigator, Sergeant and Lieutenant. He committed his life to public service for the Town of Webster. He touched so many lives and will be greatly missed by family, friends and his community.

The public may call 6-9 PM Friday, 12-3 & 6-9 PM Saturday at Webster Schroeder High School, 875 Ridge Road, Webster where his Funeral Service will be held 12:00 PM (noon) on Sunday, December 30th . Interment with Honors will follow his funeral service at West Webster Cemetery. Memorials may be directed to a fund being established for Chip's children at ESL Federal Credit Union (any branch).

Tempus Edax Rerum