The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Police Issues

Notices

Old December 24, 2012, 01:25   #1
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Boston Police officer jumps in water to rescue woman

BOSTON (WHDH) -- A Boston Police officer jumped into the frigid water to reach a drowning woman Friday.

Cell phone video captured Boston Police Officer Edward Norton taking the plunge; he jumped into the frigid Fort Point channel in a torrential downpour to rescue the woman who'd fallen into the water.

Video here: http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/l...#ixzz2FwqD2cFv
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012, 01:33   #2
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Good man! Thanks for posting one of the good ones.

"Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God." - Thomas Jefferson

"The constitutions of most of our states [and of the United States] assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; that they are entitled to freedom of person, freedom of religion, freedom of property and freedom of the press." - Thomas Jefferson
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012, 13:04   #3
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 748
Yep,

Brunop has it right, goodman hope the officer his family and the rescued lady have a wonderful and thankful Christmas.

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Thorack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012, 17:31   #4
BUFF
Registered
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 789
C'mon now, the cops are all evil. He was probably just swimming out there to grope her. Or steal her purse.
Old December 24, 2012, 19:08   #5
shlomo
Registered

FALaholic #: 12779
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUFF View Post
C'mon now, the cops are all evil. He was probably just swimming out there to grope her. Or steal her purse.
Cop hater.
Old December 24, 2012, 22:46   #6
Story
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUFF View Post
..or planting evidence.

Watch the video - I love how he's just 'yeah, I can swim. Needed to be done...'

How do we make 10,000 more like this dude?
Old December 24, 2012, 23:49   #7
the gman
Registered

FALaholic #: 5179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Story View Post
..or planting evidence.

Watch the video - I love how he's just 'yeah, I can swim. Needed to be done...'

How do we make 10,000 more like this dude?
There are 10,000 more like him already, you just never read about them cuz they are quietly getting on with their jobs, doing their best everyday they work. You read about the shit bags who violate citizen's rights or lie or rape or do some other bad shit but they truly are the minority.

Just like for every spree killer who senselessly murders innocent children with firearms, there are millions of gunowners who have never, ever misused their firearms, they get called the same names or associated with the heinous acts perpetrated by low life scum.

God is on the side, not of the big battalions, but of the best shots- Voltaire

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
-Alexis de Tocqueville
the gman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012, 23:50   #8
FUUN063
Registered

FALaholic #: 35576
The last time I jumped into the water, it ruined a some of my stuff (leather and such for liability) including my vest. It took them almost a year to replace it, but it was well worth it. Come to find out, the young girl is a friend of my daughter and she has a wonderful family. Plus, the boss made me stay in my wet clothing until the report was typed out!!!!! Not tooting my horn, just sayin, I can relate. MERRY CHRISTMAS fellow FILERS!!!!

You, too, shlomo!!

Leland
FUUN063 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2012, 23:57   #9
shlomo
Registered

FALaholic #: 12779
Quote:
Originally Posted by FUUN063 View Post
The last time I jumped into the water, it ruined a some of my stuff (leather and such for liability) including my vest. It took them almost a year to replace it, but it was well worth it. Come to find out, the young girl is a friend of my daughter and she has a wonderful family. Plus, the boss made me stay in my wet clothing until the report was typed out!!!!! Not tooting my horn, just sayin, I can relate. MERRY CHRISTMAS fellow FILERS!!!!

You, too, shlomo!!

Leland
Back at ya, Leland. You too, George, and Buff, and all the other good guys on the board here.
Old December 25, 2012, 00:23   #10
Story
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by the gman View Post
There are 10,000 more like him already, you just never read about them cuz they are quietly getting on with their jobs, doing their best everyday they work. You read about the shit bags who violate citizen's rights or lie or rape or do some other bad shit but they truly are the minority. .
That's exactly why I started this thread. The 10,000 was a rhetorical thing.
Old December 25, 2012, 07:56   #11
JasonB
Banned

FALaholic #: 7430
Quote:
Originally Posted by the gman View Post
There are 10,000 more like him already, you just never read about them cuz they are quietly getting on with their jobs, doing their best everyday they work. You read about the shit bags who violate citizen's rights or lie or rape or do some other bad shit but they truly are the minority.

Just like for every spree killer who senselessly murders innocent children with firearms, there are millions of gunowners who have never, ever misused their firearms, they get called the same names or associated with the heinous acts perpetrated by low life scum.
Since when do we not get stories about cops jumping in the water to rescue someone drowning? We got a whoel press conference about an NYPD cop buying boots for an alleged homeless man (who turned out not to be homeless so still wondering about the other particulars) while I know plenty of people who have bought meals for people who seemed to be homeless with zero fanfare.

Never said "the shit bags who violate citizen's rights or lie or rape or do some other bad shit" were anything other than a minority, but the problem is the majority of officers who wouldn't engage in those behaviors themselves, but assist the minority when they do it.

Once again, apples and oranges for the most part on minority bad cops/bad private gun owners vs. cops who wouldn't engage in that behavior/private firearms owners who wouldn't commit crimes.

Can you post us any links to private citizens rushing to the area of a bank robbery or school shooting to provide aid to the robbers or active shooters? If you can I would really be interested in reading those. Definitely not saying it is impossible (considering several here indicate support for executing combatants who are no longer in the fight isn't far removed from the level of ignorant savage necessary to the above scenario), but honestly I cannot recall that kind of situation ever popping up for real.

We have videos & stories of cops violating people and other cops observing what happened and then aiding them. Lots of them unfortunately.

We also have a few articles on what happens all too often when cops stop other cops on the spot from behaving badly (not well after the fact due to videos or public outcry in general) in that the cop stopping his fellow officers from wronging a private citizen gets piled on by their department. I know we have those stories because I posted them because I felt for that act the officer on the receiving end of the shitty stick deserved recogntion for doing good in that incident.
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote