Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The Bolt Action Files

Notices

Old December 22, 2012, 13:57   #1
mpnv
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 64169
Help with value Commercial Mauser

I came across a .243 cal Belguim FN Mauser. It has a 2" 15x J. Uiertl Scope. I'm not sure who made the barrel as it is un-marked except for the caliber on one side and a date of 3-15-66 on the bottom. It measures 1 3/4" at the muzzle. It is 1 in 10 RH twist, six groove, and 25 3/8" long. The bore looks like it is in excellent shape. The bolt and extractor is Jewelled. The stock is custom and is left handed. The trigger is also un-marked but is fully adjustable. It has a number 13 ACE trigger shoe on it.
Any info and value would be greatly appreciated.

Rifle right.JPG

Rifle left.JPG

Barrel Crown.JPG

Receiver left FN.JPG

Barrel marking bottom.JPG
Trigger front.JPG
Trigger rear.JPG
Trigger right 01.JPG
Trigger right 02.JPG
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trigger left.JPG (88.1 KB, 65 views)

Last edited by mpnv; December 22, 2012 at 14:14. Reason: photos added
mpnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22, 2012, 18:28   #2
tdb59
Grey Haired Pict
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
That is the factory trigger for an FN Supreme action. Before GCA'68, a lot were imported with no serial number. Many were also built for Sears, Wards, etc. with the serial number on the barrel.

The last Supreme action that I sold- no barrel- went for $ 450.00.
The last Unertl I sold was a 1-1/2" 20X, and it went for $750.00 2 years ago.

The scope I would guess is worth $ 800 to $ 1,000, to someone that knows Unertls, because it is a 2" objective.

The rifle is worth the action value, plus a little, as it fits a narrower percentage of the population.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” Sam Adams
tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 22, 2012, 18:35   #3
MAINER
Old Salt
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 18465
Donno about the rifle, but the scope is worth $600+.

Difficult to place a value on such a rifle without seeing it. The FN action alone is about $400. Who made the barrel, who installed the barrel, how is it bedded, action trued are things to consider.

How does it shoot? Can you test fire it? The .243 Winchester cartridge is a barrel burner. A friend burned a Hart barrel in less than 1200 rounds. Of course, he is a Benchrest shooter and his groups opened up from .21" to .38" before he replaced it.

It does look to be quality work, but are you left-handed? Beautiful piece of wood .

Bottom line is this a rifle you want and can use? I would expect a price on this rifle in the $1200 to $1500 range, but that's just my guess. FWIW
Old December 22, 2012, 18:48   #4
tdb59
Grey Haired Pict
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
http://www.gunauction.com/buy/112818...inch-objective
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” Sam Adams
tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 23, 2012, 06:37   #5
mpnv
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 64169
Guys thanks greatly for the info! It will probably be near impossible to find out the barrel manufacture. I have had no luck so far running the serial number to date the receiver. Unfortunatly, I have not had the opportunity to shoot it. I'm debating on keeping it and having it re-stocked for right hand or letting it go to someone who can use it as it is.
mpnv is offline   Reply With Quote