Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Police Issues

Notices

Old December 12, 2012, 06:56   #101
shlomo
Registered

FALaholic #: 12779
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffraff2 View Post
I especially enjoy pissing you off. You are definatly an "arrogant bastard".
I hope the IQ test ain't got a spelling, grammar, and punctuation section.
Old December 12, 2012, 07:19   #102
JasonB
Banned

FALaholic #: 7430
Quote:
Originally Posted by shlomo View Post
I hope the IQ test ain't got a spelling, grammar, and punctuation section.
He will just have to grin and bare it if there is.

Supposedly there are ways to measure the IQ levels of animals that (I assume) do not involve reading & writing. I just hope he has enough class to have his handler snap a pic(to share with us) of him waiting in the lobby with a chimp and a Jack Russell on either side of him when he goes for it.
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2012, 07:49   #103
shlomo
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
I think that's a different kind of test. Hope he doesn't come up short there, too.
Old December 12, 2012, 08:02   #104
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 96
Quote:
I especially enjoy pissing you off. You are definatly definitely an "arrogant bastard".
It doesn't piss me off. It only reminds me that I am surrounded by morons and our country is over. At least when my customer service call is outsourced to India, I get someone on the line who can speak English.
gunplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2012, 12:36   #105
tdb59
Grey Haired Pict
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
Quote:
Originally Posted by shlomo View Post
I hope the IQ test aresent got a spelling, grammar, and punctuation section.
Corrected the improper slang contraction...
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” Sam Adams
tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2012, 19:44   #106
shlomo
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post
Corrected the improper slang contraction...
That warn't the onliest thing wrong.
Old December 12, 2012, 20:03   #107
riffraff2
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 54720
Quote:

Supposedly there are ways to measure the IQ levels of animals that (I assume) do not involve reading & writing. I just hope he has enough class to have his handler snap a pic(to share with us) of him waiting in the lobby with a chimp and a Jack Russell on either side of him when he goes for it.

Of all people, you?, throwing stones. Thanks for the laughs today.

Are you and jeffy related?
riffraff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2012, 22:22   #108
JasonB
Banned

Quote:
Of all people, you?, throwing stones. Thanks for the laughs today.

Are you and jeffy related?
No relatives names jeffy.

I stopped spelling like I was about 6 years old by the time I turned 7 so you have no glass house angle with me.
Old December 13, 2012, 06:41   #109
riffraff2
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
No relatives names jeffy.

I stopped spelling like I was about 6 years old by the time I turned 7 so you have no glass house angle with me.

Oh, I don't question your spelling ability, just your intellegence.
Old December 13, 2012, 07:18   #110
JasonB
Banned

Quote:
Oh, I don't question your spelling ability, just your intellegence.
How would you know? Considering your command of the English language, your critiquing me would carry about as much weight as me looking at something written in Italian and claiming the person writing it was of low intelligence.

Last edited by JasonB; December 13, 2012 at 20:26.
Old December 13, 2012, 07:20   #111
JasonB
Banned

Looks like I hit an "s" instead of a "d" earlier.
Old December 13, 2012, 20:26   #112
riffraff2
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

JasonB,

I LOVE you MAN!
Old December 14, 2012, 11:40   #113
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Supposedly grown men arguing about spelling, huh, wtf over.
What has any of this got to do with sniping meskins?

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2012, 18:39   #114
Roadmarker
Ever vigilant
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Right Side Up View Post
Sorry this happened but police can't just let a fleeing pickup truck keep going until it crashes into a minivan with someone's wife and kids....killing all occupants.

DPS did its job and put the right people first.
This is also what I consider the most appropriate response. The vehicle had to be stopped before any innocents were injured or killed. Usually this is required before the dangerous vehicle enters a populated area. If there is a danger of or threat of bodily harm to any citizen, then the LEOs would be held accountable if they didn't act. The truck was in fact traveling at over 80 miles per hour and approaching a school zone.
The immigration issue and use of deadly force issues are secondary. LEOs are paid to protect the public. When the occupants in the vehicle knowingly engaged in the crime, (misdemeanor for the first illegal crossing and felony for anyone previously deported), they put themselves at risk. No one made them enter our country illegally.
Stop the vehicle by any means possible, electonic didabling pulse, spike strips, PIT maneuver, or shooting out a part of its propulsion system.
I'm truely sorry people were killed, but they took the gamble at the risk of their lives...and lost. No accounting for stupid.
Some here are of the opinion that letting the vehicle go is the right course of action. Well, that mindset has gotten us where we are today. Laws not being enforced or selectively applied do nothing but weaken the justce system. Take 'em down and take 'em down hard. This isn't a game. It's all too often a life and death situation and that means that sometimes people die.
Roadmarker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2012, 20:56   #115
carguym14
Registered

FALaholic #: 13162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadmarker View Post
This is also what I consider the most appropriate response. The vehicle had to be stopped before any innocents were injured or killed. Usually this is required before the dangerous vehicle enters a populated area. If there is a danger of or threat of bodily harm to any citizen, then the LEOs would be held accountable if they didn't act. The truck was in fact traveling at over 80 miles per hour and approaching a school zone.
The immigration issue and use of deadly force issues are secondary. LEOs are paid to protect the public. When the occupants in the vehicle knowingly engaged in the crime, (misdemeanor for the first illegal crossing and felony for anyone previously deported), they put themselves at risk. No one made them enter our country illegally.
Stop the vehicle by any means possible, electonic didabling pulse, spike strips, PIT maneuver, or shooting out a part of its propulsion system.
I'm truely sorry people were killed, but they took the gamble at the risk of their lives...and lost. No accounting for stupid.
Some here are of the opinion that letting the vehicle go is the right course of action. Well, that mindset has gotten us where we are today. Laws not being enforced or selectively applied do nothing but weaken the justce system. Take 'em down and take 'em down hard. This isn't a game. It's all too often a life and death situation and that means that sometimes people die.

Bet you can't wait for all the drones patrolling the sky-hi speed police chase?Mini gun or missile?If you are trying to outrun the cops at a hi rate of speed,you are a danger to others and must be stopped by any means necessary.

Same with running from the cops on foot.They tell you to stop and you don't.Bam.Shouldn't have run.

Be careful what you wish for.

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

When is it time to pick up your rifle?
When your conscience cannot abide to see it unused.
1gewehr 8/3/05
carguym14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2012, 23:41   #116
Roadmarker
Ever vigilant
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63605
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguym14 View Post
Bet you can't wait for all the drones patrolling the sky-hi speed police chase?Mini gun or missile?If you are trying to outrun the cops at a hi rate of speed,you are a danger to others and must be stopped by any means necessary.

Same with running from the cops on foot.They tell you to stop and you don't.Bam.Shouldn't have run.

Be careful what you wish for.
If I were in the process of committing a felony, then yes I would expect to be shot at. The cops didn't just pick out a truck going fast down the road and decide to shoot it up. Let's get real a bit huh?
IF they decide to use deadly force they better have a reason good enough to hold up in court. There was human interaction in the decision to stop the vehicle. It wasn't some preprogrammed drone attack.
BTW, I think that drones should be classified as a weapon of espionage and should either require a court order or just make them illegal all together. No drones inside US airspace! Maybe give them a corridor along the borders to operate and patrol. The problem with allowing them at all is "mission creep". Their use will be expanded whether we like it or not. Same thing with cameras on traffic lights. Hell, they are illegal in Montana, yet I see them at every intersection. I should say it is illegal to issue a ticket from their use. I'm sure that ther information is used to make traffic flows more efficient, but it can also be used to track vehicles.
I guess there is now a fine line between public safety and facism.
Roadmarker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 18, 2012, 05:45   #117
JasonB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadmarker View Post
IF they decide to use deadly force they better have a reason good enough to hold up in court.

And why is that? Do you think your local prosecutor would take an interest in you if you had committed a rape (assuming you aren't LE)? A story was posted here awhile back where that occurred and the rape victim got a big bowl of indifference from the powers that be in that area.