The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The L1A1, inch-pattern, and Indian Files

Notices

Old September 25, 2012, 16:09   #201
Stormhawk
Registered

FALaholic #: 66912
Definitely still in for one. May consider a second.....
Stormhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28, 2012, 09:33   #202
60cpt
Registered

FALaholic #: 452
I would be interested in one.
Old September 28, 2012, 11:25   #203
Pluribus
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 5600
I am solidly wanting one as previously stated in this thread.

I await for the dawn of another new re-birth of that once destroyed, another future for iron discarded, yet still treasured and, again someday a guardian of fruitful peace.

Oh yeah, how many green Americans do I need to roll up? Sorry if I missed that info. I'm old, slow and, mildly medicated. Of course, the Saive illness has it's impact too.

Were it not for ignorance, thus we would remain.

Never hate your enemy, it only clouds your judgement.
Pluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28, 2012, 15:23   #204
swflbuilder
Registered

FALaholic #: 65400
I'm good for 1 with custom numbers, and " Thanks Chris" for all your efforts.
swflbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13, 2012, 08:33   #205
MAINER
Old Salt
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 18465
YO!

Wha's happenin' wit dis, Mang??

bump
Old October 13, 2012, 13:52   #206
SteelonSteel
Veteran Member
Contributor

FALaholic #: 18603
I got feelers out for a DSA L1A1 now. Perhaps I'll still get one Coonan instead of the original 2 when this thing gets to the cutting floor.
SteelonSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21, 2012, 22:22   #207
Big-J
Registered

FALaholic #: 1976
If this is still open, I'd be in for one.
Big-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25, 2012, 09:45   #208
goodorbit
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 7482
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaConservationist View Post
MAN how do I agree and UNDERSTAND that last statement.......

OK guys here is the skinny straight from the horses mouth, and yes I know its been pushed back a few times.....IT’s just business, so take this as you wish and proceed the same......

Coonan is still working on the prototype....This week they are loading 18 wheelers of inventory as well as machining tools and relocating to a new building (approx.4 miles away from present building) new address changes and FFL changes were of course required as well as existing projects had to be finished while at current address.....

I should have the Britt prototype in my hands in another 4 to 6 weeks.....yeah I know this was stated before......... again be patient or move on another direction.....for those that are patient the dividends will PAYOFF!!

I am expecting pictures before I receive the actual PT and at that time (NOT BEFORE) based on the numbers here, Coonan and I will discuss a final total number for the group buy.....as we all know the minimum was set at 100 units, I am sure we have almost 150 units that people have stated they want.....and of course we all are aware that there is a percentage of this number where people will back out before the run is complete. As of yesterday Coonan and I discussed 150 units will be the target/cut off. (NUMBER NOT CARVED IN STONE)
I am telling you all this NOW because once we hit the agreed upon number the GB will be closed.
As of yesterday we are aiming to start the GROUP BUY for the last week in OCTOBER (NO THIS DATE IS NOT CARVED IN STONE) You will all be given about a weeks heads up before the GB is officially started......
For those of you that are 110% committed to this GB I would recommend you get your duckies in a row and your coins rolled up for however many receivers you would like to own!!

That's what I know now and will update as this reality progresses!
THANKS!!!

LaC
Quack!

So can we send in the ducks yet?
Old October 25, 2012, 11:27   #209
Pluribus
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 5600
Still interested a full 110% !!!!!!!!!

Were it not for ignorance, thus we would remain.

Never hate your enemy, it only clouds your judgement.
Pluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2012, 06:24   #210
LaConservationist
Registered
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 42319
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodorbit View Post
Quack!

So can we send in the ducks yet?
Well guys again....SORRY for the delays.....THIS IS STILL ON!!
The COONAN relocation and setup along with getting caught up with custom receiver orders has pushed this back much more than anticipated, however it does look like another few weeks just to get the proto-type completed.....I am expecting a call within the next couple weeks with a complete proto-type.
TRUST Me COONAN is doing ALL THEY CAN to get this out ........BUT as Dan, Dave, Greg, Chelsey, Connie and the REST of their staff have stated, They will NOT push quantity before QUALITY.... the ONLY thing I can recommend at this stage is just a lil more patience just a little bit longer......IT WILL HAPPEN....and once the Group buy starts I promise EVERYONE will be SATISFIED!!
Once the BRIT cut receiver is in your hands YOU will be ELATED!!

Just to let you guys know, this thing has sparked within myself......many of you may know I am strictly a METRIC ADIC.....UMMM Collector....yeah thats it! Anyway since this thing has caused the spark, I have since made plans to get my OWN BRITT receiver to do my own build! I have made arrangements to buy a very nice complete Britt kit from a member here that should be bringing it to me within the next couple week......(RIGHT RIDGERUNNER)????

OK, again I will be updating just as SOON AS I KNOW something/ANYTHING!

THANKS!

LaC

"Any one who thinks he can be happy
and prosperous by letting
the Government take care of him,
better take a closer look at the American Indian."

- Henry Ford

Last edited by LaConservationist; October 26, 2012 at 06:31.
LaConservationist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2012, 06:45   #211
ridgerunner1488
Registered

FALaholic #: 31019
Quote:
Well guys again....SORRY for the delays.....THIS IS STILL ON!!
The COONAN relocation and setup along with getting caught up with custom receiver orders has pushed this back much more than anticipated, however it does look like another few weeks just to get the proto-type completed.....I am expecting a call within the next couple weeks with a complete proto-type.
TRUST Me COONAN is doing ALL THEY CAN to get this out ........BUT as Dan, Dave, Greg, Chelsey, Connie and the REST of their staff have stated, They will NOT push quantity before QUALITY.... the ONLY thing I can recommend at this stage is just a lil more patience just a little bit longer......IT WILL HAPPEN....and once the Group buy starts I promise EVERYONE will be SATISFIED!!
Once the BRIT cut receiver is in your hands YOU will be ELATED!!

Just to let you guys know, this thing has sparked within myself......many of you may know I am strictly a METRIC ADIC.....UMMM Collector....yeah thats it! Anyway since this thing has caused the spark, I have since made plans to get my OWN BRITT receiver to do my own build! I have made arrangements to buy a very nice complete Britt kit from a member here that should be bringing it to me within the next couple week......(RIGHT RIDGERUNNER)????

OK, again I will be updating just as SOON AS I KNOW something/ANYTHING!

THANKS!

LaC
You right
Cause Who is your Hillbilly Bitch
Or As I prefer Appalachian American Bitch.
But Chris You know you will have to find a Contractor to work on a bigger fence because then You will have to build a Brit,a Aussie,Indian,Malaysian,New Zealand and the most elusive a Canadian EH.
Since Your a Collector and this is not a Illness with you.
Old October 28, 2012, 13:44   #212
savagefellow
Registered

FALaholic #: 44082
In for one if this works out!
Mike
Old October 28, 2012, 14:03   #213
shortround
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1503
I'm in for two.

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

Someone asked if I was a procrastinator and I told them I wasn't sure but I'd get back with them tomorrow.
shortround is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 28, 2012, 16:43   #214
dirtyrice
Registered

FALaholic #: 20129
So is payment due now or when the receivers are finished? I'd be interested in one or two but need to know how long I have to gather the funds I know you can't know exactly. Just wondering about a rough ballpark of when i'd need to get the money order in the mail.
“The people are the best guardians of their own rights and it is the duty of their executive to abstain from interfering in or thwarting the sacred exercise of the lawmaking functions of their government.”
-William Henry Harrison

“I pity the man who wants a coat so cheap that the man or woman who produces the cloth will starve in the process.”
-Benjamin Harrison

Ron Paul 2008. Wtf happened people :( God Bless Texas!
dirtyrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28, 2012, 17:31   #215
LaConservationist
Registered
Silver Contributor

Payment would be charged when receivers are ready for shippment.....
I am thinking the group buy will last at least a few weeks.....depending on how soon we filled the MAX limit....I will discuss this again with Coonan tomorrow, but as mentioned before it will be a minimum of 100 and probably a max of 150....so to answer your question.....you have time (I am guessing a couple months total) to appropriate your funds.....Sorry I cannot be more date specific right now, but thats the best I can do....

LaC

- Henry Ford
Old October 28, 2012, 18:31   #216
dirtyrice
Registered

Awesome. That is all I needed to know. I need one for an indian build. I'm in for one.
“The people are the best guardians of their own rights and it is the duty of their executive to abstain from interfering in or thwarting the sacred exercise of the lawmaking functions of their government.”
-William Henry Harrison

“I pity the man who wants a coat so cheap that the man or woman who produces the cloth will starve in the process.”
-Benjamin Harrison

Old October 29, 2012, 12:28   #217
ptoguy
Registered

FALaholic #: 30776
Will custom serial numbers be available?
ptoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2012, 11:00   #218
BlackgunCO
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 64915
Still in for one as long as it has the proper cuts and markings.
BlackgunCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 01, 2012, 21:09   #219
michael chen
Registered

FALaholic #: 12079
i'm in for one, thx
michael chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 03, 2012, 21:35   #220
chrsdwns
Registered

FALaholic #: 9846
At least one

"There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as a result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved."
~~Ludwig Von Mises

...when poets buy guns, tourist season is over................Walter R. Mead.
chrsdwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2012, 09:33   #221
V guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 10282
V guy for one, if markings are L1A1 UE## #######-- "custom numbers."
I am sure that Coonan will come through with a beauty.

Too damn many kits!
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2012, 02:26   #222
dirtyrice
Registered

I posted I'm in for one. But I don't see my name on the list?
-William Henry Harrison

-Benjamin Harrison

Old November 10, 2012, 11:58   #223
LTCJohnston
Registered

FALaholic #: 65911
Where is the list? I have said I want one. Want to make sure that I am on the list. Terry Johnston
LTCJohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2012, 12:10   #224
SteelonSteel
Veteran Member
Contributor

No list that I know of yet. I do believe that Coonan hasn't finalized things on production and price yet. Soon to be determined. When that comes out I believe there will be a new post with a group buy sign up list. This and the previous post were the generate/quantify interest in such a group buy to see if it was feasible. I believe we hit the minimum number to produce a long time ago. 50 or 100 pieces?

Someone will be along to correct me as I'm probably a fair amount wrong.
Old November 10, 2012, 13:13   #225
Exit308
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 62143
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelonSteel View Post
No list that I know of yet. I do believe that Coonan hasn't finalized things on production and price yet. Soon to be determined. When that comes out I believe there will be a new post with a group buy sign up list. This and the previous post were the generate/quantify interest in such a group buy to see if it was feasible. I believe we hit the minimum number to produce a long time ago. 50 or 100 pieces?

I believe you are entirely correct about this thread, it was to establish interest and demand. The actual group buy will probably be announced in the Marketplace when Chris has all the ducks in a row but knowing him he will also post an announcement here also. In other words if you check in here fairly often it will be hard to miss.
Exit308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2012, 15:18   #226
LaConservationist
Registered
Silver Contributor

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit308 View Post
I believe you are entirely correct about this thread, it was to establish interest and demand. The actual group buy will probably be announced in the Marketplace when Chris has all the ducks in a row but knowing him he will also post an announcement here also. In other words if you check in here fairly often it will be hard to miss.
Thanks guys YOU are 100% on all ACCOUNTS! I did speak with Dave yesterday BUT he was on a deer stand so of course we didn't talk about details, I PROMISE I will speak with Coonans office on Monday and get closer to some EXPECTED dates!
Yeah I know just as everyone here knows....this has been a SLOOOOOW process, BUT I give you guys my word....IT WILL HAPPEN!! I am going to say SOON! BUT I will verify how soon on Monday!

Thanks!

LaC

- Henry Ford
Old November 16, 2012, 12:08   #227
LaConservationist
Registered
Silver Contributor

Well guys due to my work schedule I wasn't able to get the needed update to post accurate info.......
Well I just got off the phone with COONAN....
All tooling are ordered and being coded, blanks are on hand and the PROTO TYPE is VERY CLOSE! NO NOT as close as we hoped at this stage, but things happen.......

As of right now we are shooting for the Group buy to start in December.....PROBABLY the Second week in December as we stand right now....IF this date gets moved closer I will certainly let you all know......
As EVERYONE involved with this thread that has been following it closely knows we had to reach a minimum of 100 receivers, well as anyone can see we have far exceeded that requirement.....NOW we have to look at a MAXIMUM number for the group buy. Coonan is working on this number as well, so just so EVERYONE is aware now, there will be a MAXIMUM number and the group buy will be limited by that number.....I personally would recommend that once the group buy begins to get in EARLY!

I will post the start date at least one week early so everyone will have a fair chance to be in on the first of the line....

As of right now, there is NO talk of these receivers being an on going stock inventory for Coonan.....this may or may not change.....

Anyway....STAY TUNED for more updates!!

LaC

- Henry Ford
Old November 17, 2012, 01:15   #228
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

FALaholic #: 392
I know I will have to get at least 2....... where do I sign?

Military rifle steel plate match schedule for 2014, March 8th, May 31st, Sept. 13th & Nov. 29th

AKA "8.47"
moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2012, 02:11   #229
xterminator
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 36735
I'm in for one if custom serial number requests will be accommodated.
xterminator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2012, 10:13   #230
LaConservationist
Registered
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xterminator View Post
I'm in for one if custom serial number requests will be accommodated.
Yes, custom serial numbers will be available......

LaC

- Henry Ford
Old November 19, 2012, 21:33   #231
Trypcil
Registered

FALaholic #: 63101
I thought I was in - I'd looked all threw that lot - I'm in for one!
Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2012, 21:54   #232
Widgt
Registered

FALaholic #: 67813
Add me to the list, I'm in for one.
Widgt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 20, 2012, 19:19   #233
LaConservationist
Registered
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trypcil View Post
I thought I was in - I'd looked all threw that lot - I'm in for one!

As of right now we are shooting for the Group buy to start in December.....PROBABLY the Second week in December as we stand right now....IF this date gets moved closer I will certainly let you all know......
At that time we will keep a up to the day count with members names! STAY TUNED as we get closer!!!

HAPPY TIMES GETTING CLOSER!!!!

LAC

- Henry Ford
Old November 20, 2012, 19:42   #234
capt ron
Registered

FALaholic #: 17663
I went back and looked at what I had posted ( post #60) in May 6,2012 and I had asked for one maybe 2. I had updated to two, but I cannot find the post now for the update except for a note on post number 112 it is listed there.

My name is also not on any of the list that is posted so far, except for a note on post number 112.
Thanks
Ron

Last edited by capt ron; November 20, 2012 at 19:56.
capt ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 20, 2012, 21:03   #235
G3isMe
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 6530
On post #164 I had upped my request to 4. LaC if you are updating the list on post #1 and if this has bearing on whether or not we get dibs on receiver if this is a limited run, please increase my count to wanting 4 receivers. Thanks!
Old November 21, 2012, 00:11   #236
sturmgrenadiere
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 1010
May as well get one just to compare in hand with the Entreprise. So one for me...

The grass is neither greener or better. It is just grass, and it still itches.

No rubber dogshit out of Hong Kong yet, but I am waiting for that mission...
sturmgrenadiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2012, 00:29   #237
dirtyrice
Registered

I was wondering the same thing guys, I was told the list in post #1 means nothing. He was just seeing if they could reach the minimum. He said he would start another thread to actually "get on a list" for the groupbuy.
-William Henry Harrison

-Benjamin Harrison

Old November 21, 2012, 00:41   #238
catmguy445
Registered

FALaholic #: 50311
Quote:
At that time we will keep a up to the day count with members names! STAY TUNED as we get closer!!!

HAPPY TIMES GETTING CLOSER!!!!

LAC
Hmm, two weeks before Christmas. That also happens to be just about when my property taxes are due. From a financial standpoint, Coonan couldn't possibly have picked a worse time of the year, with the possible exception of the week that income taxes are due being a close second. That said, I'm still in for one, especially with custom serial numbers being available. It'll just hurt more in the wallet.
Old November 21, 2012, 05:27   #239
LaConservationist
Registered
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmguy445 View Post
Hmm, two weeks before Christmas. That also happens to be just about when my property taxes are due. From a financial standpoint, Coonan couldn't possibly have picked a worse time of the year, with the possible exception of the week that income taxes are due being a close second. That said, I'm still in for one, especially with custom serial numbers being available. It'll just hurt more in the wallet.

I have discussed this with Coonan as well.....just one of the negatives and timing is never PERFECT......BUTTTTTTT
On a positive note.....the money is NOT due until the orders are placed which would be a few weeks after the group buy is COMPLETED......and you will be paying COONAN direct.....so clear out a spot on the OLE PLASTIC And start adding a few extra nickels and dimes to the OLE PIGGY BANK!!!

- Henry Ford
Old November 21, 2012, 09:48   #240
SteelonSteel
Veteran Member
Contributor

I hear ya regarding timing. Nov and Dec are the busiest times of year for work and family for me.

If this thing closes out in 2 days I could very well miss out on the project I've been pushing (whining) for for 2-3 years. I would be damn irritated to be number 4 on the interest list and not get in on it due to seasonal commitments and not logging in for 2 days.

Well DSA did say they had a couple thousand inch receivers in stock, not that I believe that number but that's what I was told 2 days ago. Pricewise it's a wash.

I really would like to see this happen for me (and all the rest of ya rat bastards!)

Last edited by SteelonSteel; November 21, 2012 at 09:54.
Old November 21, 2012, 12:33   #241
LaConservationist
Registered
Silver Contributor

Quote:
If this thing closes out in 2 days I could very well miss out on the project I've been pushing (whining) for for 2-3 years. I would be damn irritated to be number 4 on the interest list and not get in on it due to seasonal commitments and not logging in for 2 days.

I really would like to see this happen for me (and all the rest of ya rat bastards!)
Just spoke to COONAN.....rest assure if you want in on this group buy we will make sure you are included!
I suggested to them we run the group buy long enough to include everyone....if it means running it for an entire 6 weeks we will do so!

We will probably run a max of 300 units!!!!!

I am NOT suggesting you wait until the last minute BUT I am promising we will not cut it off in 3 days just because we reach 100 or 150 units!!!

Again as I stated before....GET YOUR DUCKIES in a ROW!!!!!

LaC

PS: And yes they will be ALL FULL INCH CUTS!! Front to back, top to bottom!!!!!

- Henry Ford
Old November 21, 2012, 12:42   #242
SteelonSteel
Veteran Member
Contributor

Phew, 300 units should be enough of a window to not miss it by any fickle finger of fate.
Old November 21, 2012, 21:43   #243
dirtyrice
Registered

What payment methods will be accepted?
-William Henry Harrison

-Benjamin Harrison

Old November 21, 2012, 21:55   #244
def90
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 50609
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyrice View Post
What payment methods will be accepted?
Last Coonan group buy it was up to the individual to contact and pay Coonan directly with the group buy code.
Old November 22, 2012, 08:03   #245
LaConservationist
Registered
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by def90 View Post
Last Coonan group buy it was up to the individual to contact and pay Coonan directly with the group buy code.
And the same way this time as well.......

You will contact Coonan with a code that I will supply, you will then be required to contact COONAN with that code and make arrangements with them on payment method!
I WILL BE ACCEPTING NO PAYMENTS!! IT WILL BE THROUGH COONAN!!

HELL I dunno.....maybe these options will be on the table as well......

OK OK JUST KIDDING!!!!
Pretty sure it will be CASH, Check, Money order, Credit Card,......I dunno MAYBE DAN will start accepting.... Gold, Silver, Cattle, Sheep.....CHICKENS??????

- Henry Ford
Old November 22, 2012, 08:32   #246
V guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 10282
No camping out on the doorstep at Coonan; I already have the spot.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2012, 08:40   #247
LaConservationist
Registered
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
No camping out on the doorstep at Coonan; I already have the spot.
Was that YOU that moved in next to me LAST NIGHT??? Keep that music CRANKING!!!!! Helped me sleep!!

LaC

- Henry Ford
Old November 22, 2012, 11:24   #248
Krink545
Registered

FALaholic #: 24662
Im in for 1.
Krink545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2012, 12:00   #249
catmguy445
Registered

FALaholic #: 50311
Quote:
I have discussed this with Coonan as well.....just one of the negatives and timing is never PERFECT......BUTTTTTTT
On a positive note.....the money is NOT due until the orders are placed which would be a few weeks after the group buy is COMPLETED......and you will be paying COONAN direct.....so clear out a spot on the OLE PLASTIC And start adding a few extra nickels and dimes to the OLE PIGGY BANK!!!
That's cool, Chris, and that will work fine for me. I was just a little concerned about having to come up with the cash to pay property tax (which the state of Idaho wants all in one lump; no time paymenst), buy Christmas gifts, AND an FAL receiver all in the same week, give or take a few days.

However, since you explained the way it's going to work, there really shouldn't be any problem, at least not for me. I'm really looking forward to this group buy. And yes, I'M STILL IN FOR ONE.

And while I'm at it, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and friends, and to all the other folks on the Files.
Old November 26, 2012, 00:16   #250
ExCdnSoldierInTx
DaneBramage
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 65552
Still in for my two. Please PM me where and when with the cash...
E