Notices

Old November 14, 2012, 13:54   #1
NEWFNL1A1
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 43401
Hamas says now in 'open war' with Israel

Hamas says now in 'open war' with Israel, promises 'gates of hell'

Hamas says that it is now in a state of "open war" indefinitely with Israel after the killing of the Hamas commander Ahmed Jabari by an Israeli airstrike.

The assassination has "opened the gates of hell," the Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of Hamas, were quoted by AFP as saying.

"The occupation committed a dangerous crime and crossed all the red lines, which is considered a declaration of war," he said in a statement. Hamas vowed to "continue the path of resistance."

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has called for an immediate Arab League meeting in response to Wednesday's attack.

Six rockets were fired from Gaza toward Beersheba following the airstrike on Wednesday evening, Israel’s Army Radio reported. One rocket hit a shopping center in the city, while there were other media reports that a vehicle was struck in the attack. No casualties were reported.

The Israeli Press Office said “The Iron Dome missile defense system has thus far intercepted 15 rockets fired at Israel.”

http://rt.com/news/hamas-open-war-israel-694/
"Hell, Jack...the only thing worse than a politician is a child molester" - Sheriff Hank Pearson, Extreme Prejudice - (1987)
NEWFNL1A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2012, 14:35   #2
NEWFNL1A1
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Hamas to target Tel Aviv, assassinate Israeli figures

TEL AVIV – The Hamas leadership in Gaza is currently studying the possibility of firing rockets toward Tel Aviv, assassinating Israeli figures or launching suicide bombings inside Israel, according to senior Hamas members speaking to WND.

Also being debated by Hamas is the immediate use of anti-aircraft and other advanced missiles to target Israel Air Force operations over the Gaza Strip, the Hamas members said.

The decisions are being made during urgent meetings after Israel today eliminated Ahmed Jabari, the head of Hamas’s so-called military wing. Israel also launched dozens of surgical strikes in Gaza targeting the Hamas militant infrastructure.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/hamas-to-...raeli-figures/
"Hell, Jack...the only thing worse than a politician is a child molester" - Sheriff Hank Pearson, Extreme Prejudice - (1987)
Old November 14, 2012, 15:10   #3
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 14403
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWFNL1A1 View Post
Hamas to target Tel Aviv, assassinate Israeli figures

TEL AVIV – The Hamas leadership in Gaza is currently studying the possibility of firing rockets toward Tel Aviv, assassinating Israeli figures or launching suicide bombings inside Israel, according to senior Hamas members speaking to WND.

Also being debated by Hamas is the immediate use of anti-aircraft and other advanced missiles to target Israel Air Force operations over the Gaza Strip, the Hamas members said.

The decisions are being made during urgent meetings after Israel today eliminated Ahmed Jabari, the head of Hamas’s so-called military wing. Israel also launched dozens of surgical strikes in Gaza targeting the Hamas militant infrastructure.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/hamas-to-...raeli-figures/

“The whole world lies in wickedness” The cause of this condition lies directly at the feet of evil human nature.

Every “expert” has a different opinion about what human nature is and where it comes from. Yet none understand the answers to these questions or the question of why human nature exists. This is because they reject the source to understanding the answers to all of life’s greatest questions.

Consider the paradox! Think of all the wonderful things the human mind is capable of producing. Its ingenuity and inventiveness are practically limitless. Yet it cannot solve the most basic of life’s greatest problems—poverty, ignorance, immorality, crime, war and misery. All of these problems—and many more—are by-products of unbridled human nature!

And so it goes, as the world turns.
Old November 14, 2012, 15:17   #4
homelandprotector
Registered

FALaholic #: 16592
Poor old Hamas, those dumb Neanderthals don't know what is going to hit them
any minute now.

Old November 14, 2012, 15:22   #5
308/223shooter
Airborne Combat Engineer
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 15405
Don't know what the bloody woga are bitching about. They've been firing rockets at Isreal for years, blowing up buses and killing civilians. What the fugk does Hammas expect? Isreal to just take it and not do anything?
308/223shooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2012, 15:23   #6
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 1211
I think this is either because of George Bush, or because they legalized weed.

I'm not sure which.

Ask me about the Mason-Dixon FAL Collectors Association.
W.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2012, 15:31   #7
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.G. View Post
I think this is either because of George Bush, or because they legalized weed.

I'm not sure which.
Well. Cheech and Chong did say that things were tough all over.
Old November 14, 2012, 15:37   #8
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

Cheech for Secretary of Weed.

Chong for Special Advisor to the Justice Department.

Quote:
There's this thing I wanted to do with the matches...

Old November 14, 2012, 15:38   #9
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Works for me!
Old November 14, 2012, 16:07   #10
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 748
Hmm,

Why now I wonder? Was the Iran stuff just a ploy to get HAMAS to expose itself? Why is Israel starting this up now?

I wonder if they are trying to eliminate enemies close to them ie.. HAMAS before they attack enemies far away ie.. Iran?

We do live in interesting times.

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Thorack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2012, 16:13   #11
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

Feeds the ammo-buying panic.

And those guys REALLY ARE SHOOTING at each other.

Old November 14, 2012, 16:46   #12
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorack View Post
Hmm,

Why now I wonder? Was the Iran stuff just a ploy to get HAMAS to expose itself? Why is Israel starting this up now?

I wonder if they are trying to eliminate enemies close to them ie.. HAMAS before they attack enemies far away ie.. Iran?

We do live in interesting times.

Thorack
Palestinians have followed their perineal pattern of attacking and then crying victim please come help us we are poor pitiful Muslims with small children who are going to be slaughtered,,, all true except the victim part.
They need to be thinned out, nits and mites,,, in my opinion the choice is the Palestinians.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2012, 17:24   #13
NEWFNL1A1
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Complication: US Ally Egypt Gets Involved, Says Will No Longer Tolerate Israel's Gaza Attacks

it was only a matter of time before today's Israeli offensive ran into a snag. The complication: Egypt, which has long been treading the fence being both a pro-US regional power (someone has to provide those joint guarantees on Egyptian bonds, and to supply the local tear gas canisters in exchange for a friendly Suez Canal administrator), as well as a pro-Muslim presence. Today, the government was taken to task by the ruling Islamist Muslim Brotherhood which felt the need to be true to its name and express disgust at the Israeli action in Gaza. From AFP: "Egypt’s Islamist Freedom and Justice Party, formerly headed by President Mohammed Mursi, said on Wednesday Egypt would no longer stand by as Israel attacked Palestinians after air strikes killed a Hamas leader. The FJP, the political arm of the powerful Muslim Brotherhood movement, said Israeli air strikes that killed top militant Ahmed al-Jaabari in Gaza earlier on Wednesday required “swift Arab and international action to stop the massacres.” The party, which fielded Mursi in a June election to replace toppled president Hosni Mubarak, said Israel “must take into account the changes in the Arab region and especially Egypt.” Egypt “will not allow the Palestinians to be subjected to Israeli aggression, as in the past,” the party statement said."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-1...sraels-gaza-at
Old November 14, 2012, 18:03   #14
mutter
Registered

FALaholic #: 22871
I can understand where the muslims are coming from. It's not fair that they shoot at the Israelis and miss their target while the Israelis shoot back and hit their target.

If they were true believers in mohammed they would all commit suicide as an act of great defiance so the Israelis couldn't shoot at them anymore.

I say: Be a good rag head and just kill yourself.

Think about the benefits. You could meet mohammed, get your 72 virgins, and the earthly world would be a better and safer place.

WTF kind of a world do we live in where a group of a-holes shoot at someone, complain when that person shoots back more accurately, and then allow the initial aggressor a-hole to take the matter to a court or committee and present a case that they shouldn't be subjected to repercussions because they are special followers of a raping pedophiliac murdering thug.

Just thinking
mutter
mutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2012, 18:06   #15
homelandprotector
Registered

FALaholic #: 16592
Those Obongo supporters sure got it figured out...........

Old November 14, 2012, 19:02   #16
Registered

FALaholic #: 348
We have over 600 Palestinians here, I hope they do not go bananas too. Their women ain't bad looking but they still got that crazy mad dog look in their eyes.
0302 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2012, 20:41   #17
hagar
Registered

FALaholic #: 228
Aout the only thing they have right iis that they opened the gates of hell, but I think it swung to the wrong side..
hagar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2012, 21:12   #18
NEWFNL1A1
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Gaza under Israeli attack: LIVE UPDATES

01:13 GMT: Diplomats say both the Israeli and Palestinian envoys are to speak at the emergency UNSC meeting.

00:51 GMT: The United Nations Security Council has called an emergency meeting to discuss escalating tensions between Israel and the Palestinian territory of Gaza. The meeting is scheduled for 0200 GMT, and will take place behind closed doors.

00:02 GMT: Palestinians reports 15 people dead and over 100 wounded since the beginning of Operation Pillar of Defense.

22:43 GMT: Alarms sound in Be'er Sheva as two Gaza rockets hit city; no casualties reported.

22:26 GMT: Hamas' armed wing, the Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades, claims to be shelling "the occupied city of Tel Aviv".

21:37 GMT: Israeli National Security Minister Avi Dichter: "We have no intention to end this round of fighting and suffer more hits in the next"

http://rt.com/news/gaza-israel-hamas-attack-687/
Old November 14, 2012, 21:33   #19
L/FN
Registered

FALaholic #: 139
O'Bumbler is back in and busy destroying America so Israel figures they're on their own now to do what needs to be done.
They would be fools to wait or count on O'Bumbler for support since he seems to be willing to stand by and watch our own slowly die w/out lifting a finger.
"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36
Times of FALs and no money are better than times of money and no FALs.
L/FN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2012, 21:52   #20
JeffJ
Registered

FALaholic #: 5212
My money is on Israel, wish I could hoard some gas though as prices are going to go up big time when the real shooting starts.
JeffJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2012, 21:56   #21
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

That should buff right out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20111115-GAZA-slide-JZUE-articleLarge-v3.jpg (78.0 KB, 189 views)

Old November 14, 2012, 22:12   #22
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

Old November 15, 2012, 01:03   #23
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by homelandprotector View Post
Those Obongo supporters sure got it figured out...........

This breed is the new species of humans commonly known as the Dufus Ignoramus found on every street corner of every major city, It is said that once found, the Dufus Ignoramus will become self concious, and hybreed from the Dufus Ignoramus to the Dufus Ignoramus maximus.

Say beech wats chu bee's diss'in da homie's fo, dut'na chu kow's day jist wun'sta gat's paid. Dee's homie's bee's da fucha leda's ub da kountry.

Last edited by 007; November 15, 2012 at 01:25. Reason: adding text
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2012, 03:37   #24
Right Side Up
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 43
Ker Boom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6U2Z...ctr=1352969416
Right Side Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2012, 07:16   #25
shlomo
Registered

FALaholic #: 12779
Anybody who's seen the comedy "Idiocracy" will recognize that the clip posted by 007 could be spliced cleanly into that movie without a ripple.
Old November 15, 2012, 09:19   #26
NEWFNL1A1
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Brotherhood calls for protests, cutting ties with Israel

The Muslim Brotherhood called for protests before major mosques nationwide on Thursday afternoon to demand that the Egyptian government sever diplomatic and trade ties with Israel.

The group also called for a rally at Al-Azhar Mosque following Friday prayers.

In a press release on Thursday, the Brotherhood described the Israeli assaults on Gaza as "crimes" and said the aggression threatens regional stability. It also criticized the US for supporting Israel and blamed Arab countries for "doing nothing while watching the bloodshed in Palestine."

The Egyptian government should cut ties with Israel as an example for other Arab and Muslim nations, the group added.

The press release encouraged sending a message to the US demanding support of justice and the Palestinians' right of self-determination, as well as resorting to the UN Security Council to seek a condemnation of Israel and the countries that protect it.

The Brotherhood urged the Palestinian Authority to halt security cooperation with the Israeli army and release Hamas and Islamic Jihad detainees, calling for reconciliation between Palestinian factions.

http://www.egyptindependent.com/news...ng-ties-israel
Old November 15, 2012, 10:35   #27
Registered

I see three ground attack strategies for Israel in the Gaza Strip:
Gaza is about 8 miles wide at the Egyptian border and about 26 miles long, with some crowded urban clusters and a lot of open desert terrain , no significant high points. There are several dirt and paved roads criss crossing the strip. The sea is to the west.
1. Invade from west north east and push terrorists to to south / Egypt border and kill as they expose themselves.
2. Invade across southern gaza to the sea, along Gaza - Egypt border, and bottle up Gaza and slowly exterminate terrorists
3. Make limited raids to degrade terrorists
The big decision will be to retake Gaza and est. permanent control or allow it to remain a terrorist base of ops. Giving Gaza to the terrorists was one of the dumbest moves the Israelis ever made. Israel seems to have lost their mojo when it comes to ground & pound combat.
Old November 15, 2012, 10:50   #28
medicmike
Registered

FALaholic #: 3183
One of our engineers is in Kiyrat Gat for training for the month. He just emailed that they had to make 2 trips to the bomb shelter during class yesterday for incoming missiles.
Old November 15, 2012, 11:23   #29
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

Bombs going off live here http://rt.com/on-air/gaza-violence-hamas-israel/

Old November 15, 2012, 11:38   #30
Registered

Gaza has a lot of agriculture and fields, not really open desert, but terrorists could put up a stiff fight if they use the terrain, civvies & houses properly.
Old November 15, 2012, 12:52   #31
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlomo View Post
Anybody who's seen the comedy "Idiocracy" will recognize that the clip posted by 007 could be spliced cleanly into that movie without a ripple.
Deja Vu Shlo, "Idocracy" reminds me of the cretins in DC, and all the others which we deal with every day in our own general public. Hamas and the Palestinians on a much lower plane, "special followers of a raping pedophiliac murdering thug."

Wait don't we already have the same lot of "special followers", and "raping pedophiliac murdering thugs" rising up to the challange in our own land?

"We will conquer you from within", think we need more diversity? Obumler wants to open the floodgates of the immigration debacle and import more of these "Neanderthals." It's just a matter of time before the same type of non-homegrown parasitic vermon challange us in our own neighborhoods, then we will face the same as Israel.

"Idocracy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e2OEgafELw
Old November 15, 2012, 13:03   #32
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

It's just a matter of time before the same type of non-homegrown parasitic vermon challange us in our own neighborhoods, then we will face the same as Israel.

Any such acts would be met with severe local reactions that would not be regulated by politics or law enforcement or require military intervention,,, in my opinion Americans/Texans in my neighborhood would over react.
Old November 15, 2012, 13:47   #33
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
It's just a matter of time before the same type of non-homegrown parasitic vermon challange us in our own neighborhoods, then we will face the same as Israel.

Any such acts would be met with severe local reactions that would not be regulated by politics or law enforcement or require military intervention,,, in my opinion Americans/Texans in my neighborhood would over react.
Martin I agree with you on your assessment,
however as you know we already have our own homegrown parasitic vermon. They assualt us on every front, and are becoming more emboldened each and every day with the help and support of PoTuS and his trusty side kick F_ _ _em F_st and F_ _ iously Bolder. Where do you see any of that being regulated?
Old November 15, 2012, 13:49   #34
NEWFNL1A1
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Egyptian tanks moving into sinai desert!!! REGIONAL WAR unfolding

I just heard an Israeli jet has just been shot down!

BREAKING: It has been reported that Egyptian tanks backed By commandos are moving into the Sinai desert in order to fortify positions in the case of an all out war between Israel and Gaza after an Israeli operation killed the head of the military wing of the Islamist group Hamas in a missile strike on the Gaza Strip on Wednesday and launched a campaign of air strikes on the enclave.
The armed wing of Hamas – the Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades announced that “the occupation has opened the gates of hell on itself” by assassinating its top commanders.
The two sides appeared to be on the cusp of a fresh war and the attacks marked the biggest escalation between Israel and Gaza militants since a 2008-2009 conflict. It came despite signs on Tuesday that neighboring Egypt had managed to broker a truce in the enclave after a five day surge of violence.
It appears that the Egyptian brokered truce has failed spectacularly and reports are coming in that Egyptian tanks are racing across the Sinai Desert in order to fortify positions along’s Israels borders. This action indicates that Egypt takes the all out threat of war in the region very seriously and is protecting their borders with extreme caution.
http://cybertribenetwork.blogspot.co...desert_15.html
Old November 15, 2012, 13:57   #35
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWFNL1A1 View Post
I just heard an Israeli jet has just been shot down!

BREAKING: It has been reported that Egyptian tanks backed By commandos are moving into the Sinai desert in order to fortify positions in the case of an all out war between Israel and Gaza after an Israeli operation killed the head of the military wing of the Islamist group Hamas in a missile strike on the Gaza Strip on Wednesday and launched a campaign of air strikes on the enclave.
The armed wing of Hamas – the Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades announced that “the occupation has opened the gates of hell on itself” by assassinating its top commanders.
The two sides appeared to be on the cusp of a fresh war and the attacks marked the biggest escalation between Israel and Gaza militants since a 2008-2009 conflict. It came despite signs on Tuesday that neighboring Egypt had managed to broker a truce in the enclave after a five day surge of violence.
It appears that the Egyptian brokered truce has failed spectacularly and reports are coming in that Egyptian tanks are racing across the Sinai Desert in order to fortify positions along’s Israels borders. This action indicates that Egypt takes the all out threat of war in the region very seriously and is protecting their borders with extreme caution.
http://cybertribenetwork.blogspot.co...desert_15.html
If this were true and I'm not say'n it is, you would think this would be headline news with the MSM. But not a word!

Maybe your coverge is a little better than mine in your area.
Old November 15, 2012, 14:15   #36
NEWFNL1A1
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
If this were true and I'm not say'n it is, you would think this would be headline news with the MSM. But not a word!

I heard about the jet shoot down on the radio WBAP 820 AM DFW. I get a lot of news links sent to me, some good, some not so good but the Elvis in the UFO ones are all true...

I don't have cable so you guys will have to tell me if this stuff breaks on the TV.

Defense Minister: We will exact heavy toll for today's escalation

Defense Minister: We will exact heavy toll for today's escalation

Published: 11.15.12, 20:37 / Israel News

Defense Minister Ehud Barak said, "The fire directed at the greater Tel Aviv area, as well as the scale of the fire directed at Israel in general today is an escalation that will have a heavy price for the other side to pay".

Barak reiterated his confidence that the operation will achieve its goals "even if it will take some time." (Ynet)

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/1,7...306313,00.html
Old November 15, 2012, 14:20   #37
NEWFNL1A1
Registered
Bronze Contributor

sky News

Israeli Forces 'Move Toward Gaza Border'

Israeli forces are moving toward the Gaza border, according to the Associated Press, in a prelude to a possible ground offensive.

The Israeli defence minister has approved the call-up of 30,000 reservists, Sky News has confirmed.

Sky's Middle East Correspondent Sam Kiley said: "In British terms, that is pretty close to 10 brigades - a vast number of troops. These will be armour, infantry and specialists in support, but most likely to fill in the gaps likely to be left as troops are moved down towards Gaza.

"There's already been an increase in movement of ground troops close to Gaza, the movement of tanks and so on.

"If there is going to be a ground offensive, those troops have got to come from somewhere else and they would need to be back-filled.

"So, in all likelihood, this is all part of the military planning for a ground assault into Gaza, should the Israeli prime minister so order.

"It's part of the plan, but that order has not yet been given. But this is a strong indication that Israeli troops are preparing to go into the Gaza Strip."

http://news.sky.com/story/1011672/is...rd-gaza-border
Old November 15, 2012, 14:42   #38
NEWFNL1A1
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post

There is a Debka File story from Nov 13 that mentions tanks in the Sinai:

Google entry:
Cairo uses illicit Sinai tanks to bargain for massive US aid - DEBKAfile
http://www.debka.com/.../Cairo-uses-...gain-for-massi...
Tue November 13, 2012. Topics. Israel ... The article "Cairo uses illicit Sinai tanks to bargain for massive US aid"

Perhaps some movement of the tanks generated the story. We will see. Our media might be reluctant to report on this subject as they went "all in" with the WH Arab Spring cheer leading that put the pro Hamas govt into Egypt.

Here is another article from Aug on Tank presence:

After buildup, Israel tells Egypt to remove tanks from Sinai

snip-
Israeli officials are concerned that Egypt may use its anti-terrorist operation as a way of building its military strength in Sinai. Having gained access, Cairo may leave the tanks and armored carriers in place while taking little more than symbolic action to curb the terrorist threat.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-...ks-from-sinai/

Last edited by NEWFNL1A1; November 15, 2012 at 14:50.
Old November 15, 2012, 15:06   #39
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 308bolt View Post
I seem to recall the nightly news tallying our dead and wounded (and theirs if they were civilians) in the middle-east before this administration took over.
The fighting didn't stop but the MSMs coverage of it did.

Man I'm not that sheltered, as someone else here put it ,"I was born on a day but not yesterday!" I know about ours and theirs (Israel) guess I should be more specific in the future.

I was referring to the advancement of the Egyptians, "BREAKING: It has been reported that Egyptian tanks backed By commandos are moving into the Sinai desert in order to fortify positions." I know this is certainly true with the current frontline shield the Israeli's have put in place. One would think this would be Headline New's across the Networks, but nothing on this in paticular that I've seen.

NEWFNL1A1 thanks for the update, I'm currently watching the developments on boobtube.

Oh and don't beleive everything you hear I was just enlightened by the #1New's Network Authority MSNBC's Rachael Madcow that Elvis never got on that UFO, she reported he's actually still in Graceland.

Last edited by 007; November 15, 2012 at 15:12.
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2012, 15:18   #40
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

Based on what has been reported over the years;
A common rallying point for all Muslims is their universal hatred of Jews, this hatred can overrule reason and be used to consolidate power and unite factions to a common cause.

A shoot down of a Israeli jet might suggest some of the over 20,000 Libyan Stinger missiles have made their way to Gaza as they have to Syria.
Tanks in the Sinai unless done for posturing would under normal circumstances be done covertly not as a announced intent, the presence of tanks clarifies the arming menu of Israeli fighter jets,,, but then again maybe they don't have history books in Egypt.

As a percentile of the population America has less than 1% active and reserve military.
As a percentile of the population Israel has 15%+ active and 25% available as reserve,,, 40%+ of the nation can be mobilized for a war footing.
A military percentile of Egyptians is a unknown but not enough historically to project it's leaderships will since the time of the Pharaohs.

Historically Israels strategy has been to respond to these attacks with defensive weapons while sending jets to take out specific targets and then sending in it's tanks and troops to kick ass up close and personal.

Last edited by martin35; November 15, 2012 at 15:32.
Old November 15, 2012, 20:59   #41
hagar
Registered

FALaholic #: 228
hagar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2012, 21:16   #42
AliYahu
Registered

FALaholic #: 11084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorack View Post
Why is Israel starting this up now?
The arabs have escalated the rocket attacks lately.

Eli
AliYahu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2012, 21:25   #43
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagar View Post
Thanks for a good Laugh!
Old November 16, 2012, 08:39   #44
NEWFNL1A1
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Gaza crisis: Egyptians back under-fire Palestinians

Gaza crisis: Egyptians back under-fire Palestinians

Egyptian leaders have promised to support Gaza against Israeli attacks, as violence escalated for a third day.

President Mohammed Mursi said he would not leave Gaza on its own and condemned Israel's "blatant aggression", hours after his prime minister visited Gaza.

Israel mounted a huge attack overnight, targeting dozens of locations. Later, Gaza militants targeted Tel Aviv with a missile but there were no casualties.

Twenty Palestinians and three Israelis have been killed since Wednesday.

Militants and civilians, including at least five children, were among the Palestinian dead, Palestinian officials said.

Two Israeli women and a man died when a rocket fired from Gaza hit a building in the southern town of Kiryat Malachi on Thursday, Israeli officials said.

"What is happening is a blatant aggression against humanity” - Mohammed Mursi President of Egypt

Violence escalated after the killing by Israel of Hamas' military leader Ahmed Jabari on Wednesday following a surge in rocket attacks from Gaza.

Israel had repeatedly carried out air strikes on Gaza, as Palestinian militants fired across the border.
Powerful missiles

The Israeli army began an initial draft of 16,000 reservists on Friday, after the government authorised the call-up of 30,000.

Rumours have been swirling that a ground attack is imminent, but Israeli officials have said no decision has yet been made.

Hisham Qandil said Israeli "aggression" must stop

Israel targeted more than 130 locations in an overnight assault it said was aimed at knocking out rocket-firing facilities.

Sporadic Israeli air strikes have continued throughout Friday, and militants in Gaza have fired dozens of rockets.

Mr Mursi sent Prime Minister Hisham Qandil to the territory for a three-hour visit on Friday to show solidarity with the Palestinians.

"Egypt will not leave Gaza on its own, and what is happening is a blatant aggression against humanity," the president said shortly after Mr Qandil returned from Gaza.

Ties between Hamas and Egypt have strengthened since Mr Mursi's election earlier this year.

Hamas was formed as an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood, to which Mr Mursi belongs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-midd...55#TWEET367765
Old November 16, 2012, 09:17   #45
RomanLeaderII
Registered

FALaholic #: 67198
The comments of their spokesman is laughable. "Crossed all the red lines" what a sick joke.

They fire all kinds of rockets into Israeli Territory, killing Israeli Citzens and expect no response? The death of the Hamas leader should have been considered charity. Now they are asking for a massive Israeli response should they retaliate further.

I think the Israelis should " Kill all of Them". Hamas is nothing more than a group of Murderous Criminal Thugs who should be exterminated.
RomanLeaderII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2012, 09:22   #46
357ross
Registered

FALaholic #: 47543
Damn, I guess the expectation is for Isreal to just lay there like a dead horse and take the rocket attacks. We all know that if this were America these rockets were landing on, Hamas would have been nuked. No, I take that back, Obummer would kiss their asses, AlGore would plant a tree in their honor.
357ross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2012, 09:25   #47
357ross
Registered

FALaholic #: 47543
Hamas is nothing more than a successful Arab inbreeding program. No other way to explain these soulless, vicious, inhuman halfwits.
357ross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2012, 10:47   #48
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

The Western World swept the Jewish problem under the rug in 1947 as the long held partitions were disappeared with the occupation troops that kept the peace.
Most of the World expected the Jews to be overrun by Arab League Armies.
A autonomous Israel pulled the rug out from under the conventional thinking of the day.
The Western World has no "solution" to the Jewish problem and the various faction that do involve themselves are widely separated in what the "solution" should be.
I would estimate that about 33% of the world wish all the Jews would all catch cold and die, and take Jesus with them,,,, the other 33% want to give the Jews colds so they will die and take all infidels with them,,,, the last 33% wish Jews well because that's what Jesus wants,,, that leaves !% who come here with solutions to the Jewish problem, they will be the deciding factor it is prophesied,, get'r done.
Old November 16, 2012, 13:08   #49
NEWFNL1A1
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Israel Re-escalates: Mobilizes 75,000
Tyler Durden on 11/16/2012 12:40 -0500

Update: Israel CDS 162/170, +8 bps

Earlier today, air raid sirens went off in Tel Aviv, and even Jerusalem was supposedly in danger of a missile attack: hardly the deescalation Israel was hoping to see. Sure enough, the ball is in Bibi's court and he wastes not time:

NETANYAHU CONVENING MINISTERS TO APPROVE RESERVES CALL-UP; TV

ISRAEL PLANNING TO CALL UP 75,000 RESERVISTS, CHANNEL TWO SAYS

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-1...obilizes-75000
Old November 16, 2012, 16:33   #50
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

Being a Jew is as tough as making the world safe for Democracy.