Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Survival & Preparedness

Notices

Old May 06, 2012, 07:57   #1
Highground
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 12919
Prepper Hunters Video

Interesting para military type video of organized group that seeks out Preppers to take them out and their supplies in a post collapse scenario.
Almost makes you feel safer in the city.

"Monsters of Anarchy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5wtt...ayer_embedded#!
Highground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2012, 16:31   #2
lowr8
Contributor

FALaholic #: 19819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highground View Post
Interesting para military type video of organized group that seeks out Preppers to take them out and their supplies in a post collapse scenario.
Almost makes you feel safer in the city.

"Monsters of Anarchy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5wtt...ayer_embedded#!
Very good video and thought starter.
thanks for sharing.

“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” Benjamin Franklin

ΜΟLΟΝ ΛΑΒΕ
lowr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2012, 20:21   #3
kvincent
Registered

FALaholic #: 34228
Well, that video was obviously made by some preppers, but their point is valid. If you're one of those people that thinks your preps and a cheery disposition will get you through the collapse, you need to wake up. There are some -- no, many -- very bad people in this world and they WILL do you harm after TEOTWAWKI. If you're not armed to the teeth and proficient, then you're not prepared. Period.
kvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 08, 2012, 10:10   #4
kfranz
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 101
Highwaymen, thieves, outlaws, pirates, looters. Seems like the concept and solution has been around for a while.
kfranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 20:41   #5
carguym14
Registered

FALaholic #: 13162
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfranz View Post
Highwaymen, thieves, outlaws, pirates, looters. Seems like the concept and solution has been around for a while.

Yep.

And anyone that looks like some of those guys with all the tats on their faces?SOS.

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

When is it time to pick up your rifle?
When your conscience cannot abide to see it unused.
1gewehr 8/3/05
carguym14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 21:12   #6
VonFireball
Registered

FALaholic #: 62900
Quote:
Dare I say during a global breakdown of biblical proportions (meaning a one world government) there will be many people forced to do things they would otherwise never do. If you refuse the mark and can neither buy nor sell, how else will you feed your family?

Other than that, yep.
VonFireball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 22:30   #7
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
VFB - glad you're back. Meanwhile, that sounds like you're resigned to let your standards go during the big test?

Grow a garden (you know that already). Store food & water (you know that already). Get friends and neighbors to do the same (you know that already). And if they bring the fight to you, kill them and take their stuff so you can sell it on the black market.

"Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God." - Thomas Jefferson

"The constitutions of most of our states [and of the United States] assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; that they are entitled to freedom of person, freedom of religion, freedom of property and freedom of the press." - Thomas Jefferson
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 22:36   #8
E5c03
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 18505
Then there's also some, one would see as "normal" nontatooed.
BUT VERY scary...never trust those that are unknown to you!

SEMPER FIDELIS
E5c03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 22:40   #9
L1A1rocker
Registered

FALaholic #: 12294
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
VFB - glad you're back. Meanwhile, that sounds like you're resigned to let your standards go during the big test?

Grow a garden (you know that already). Store food & water (you know that already). Get friends and neighbors to do the same (you know that already). And if they bring the fight to you, kill them and take their stuff so you can sell it on the black market.

Working on my neighbors right now. We installed a 1500gl water collection tank last week. Two of my neighbors are seriously considering the same. Planning on a second tank as soon as I can afford it.
L1A1rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 23:22   #10
VonFireball
Registered

Quote:

Brunop, thanks as always for your kindness. It hasn't gone unappreciated by me. I hope you and your family are well and life is good.

I don't own my own property, at least where I reside currently, so I cannot grow a garden yet. The property I do own is not garden-worthy by any means. I do hope to change this situation in the next year or two. I have stored food and water but I won't likely be in the same residence another year so my neighbors will change. I have friends but none within easy walking distance.

Before thinking maybe I have resigned to let my standards go let me say I have long contemplated this situation and how it might be handled. There is no easy answer to surviving the 3 1/2 year tribulation, that's why it's a tribulation I guess. So I have a few questions and such for you:

How can you expect to maintain a residence if you do not have the mark to buy and sell and therefore cannot pay the taxes nor be gainfully employed? Even if your residence isn't seized you still can't pay water and power. A well cures the water side of things (sort of) but power is still kind of nice to have, you can't pay the bill without the mark and you can't run a generator indefinitely without buying fuel. Solar? You still have batteries that may or may not last the duration so it's possible I guess but I don't feel resisters will just be allowed to kick back at their place indefinitely. Further, it also has crossed my mind that God won't just allow you to skate off easy because you had big bucks to prep and plan with. It will effect those with even the best laid plans and the most well stocked bunkers to one degree or another.

Refusing the mark makes you an enemy of the state so I will assume that most who do so will be rounded up and put to death or re-educated to accept the mark. Therefore it seems to me that it will be a SERE type of situation where evasion and survival will be the norm for a daily existence. A fixed position is therefore an easy target and one that won't necessarily last long. Lately I been thinking caches of food might be the most sensible thing. I think avoiding the fight altogether is the best policy but maybe dying is the best, easiest way out.

As for standards, they will be cast aside the first time you are forced to lie through your teeth to governing authorities to protect friends and family or to protect your loved ones from a round up by use of lethal force. Downhill from there. These people who have been co-opted by the system are enemies of God. Was a jew fleeing nazi Germany who stole foodstuffs from a "good german" guilty of casting his standards aside? Perhaps, but what choice did he or she have?

When you find out just what they are gonna do to those who refuse the mark I don't think most resisters will have a problem robbing their persecutors and the civvies that support them or using deadly force to ensure survival. I'm not saying I'm gonna be a highwayman and in doing so cast my beliefs aside, I'm saying a thirsty man will do things he would not otherwise do for a drink of water. It's either that or be led like sheep to a slaughter as the roundups happen. I cannot bear that. Thankfully the time isn't here yet so I have another day to reflect on it. I'd love to hear your take. Bless you, Bruno.

Last edited by VonFireball; May 09, 2012 at 23:33.
Old May 10, 2012, 00:44   #11
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
VFB -

I asked the question because I didn't think you actually were starting down the 'easy' path just yet. Meanwhile, it will be difficult, and there's no denying it.

Agreed - people with money aren't going to pass the test just because they 'prepped' (whatever that means) - everyone is going to be tested. Maybe their wealth will be the source of bigger or at least different tests?

This is specific to my beliefs and my actions, so it surely doesn't apply to everyone. Meanwhile, I suspect that several things are going to happen:

1) In the old testament (Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel iirc) Israel is warned and compared to the people in the days of Noe (Noah), who were marrying and having children and basically 'partying on' until The Day. We'll probably have the same thing going on - it will be a bad time and place, but things will be normal-er than True Believers running around with rucks in the Idaho mountains until they are shot, frozen, or nuked. Of course I don't know this...

2) In the old testament (Isaiah iirc) there is a famine. The prophet asks a widow to make him a loaf so he can have something to eat. She says that she and her son were going to have one more loaf themselves, and then they were going to lay down and die because they had nothing else. In her faith, she fed the man of God. And the flour and oil never ran out. Faithful people get miracles. Faithful people who think there are no miracles anymore seem to need a faith-check. Maybe like the one that is coming?

3) I'm storing diesel. And other things. I'm spending family time doing food-storage for my neighbors. I'm asking people in the area if they are taking care of food, water, radios, and basic first-aid needs in case there is an "earthquake" and the "grid goes down for a couple of weeks". I'm teaching people how to shoot, and pointing them in the right direction for firearms. I'm working it - even with people who aren't friends. Will it work? Maybe. Will it work against me? Maybe. Do I want to pitch in the towel because something I do might be wrong? No - no one ever got anything done by quitting on the potential bad news.

4) related to numbers 1, 2, and 3 is what I suspect will be one of the big tests: will we share with the less fortunate from the bounty of our supplies? Now will come the big question that Christ asked in Matthew (25:40) when he said, "If ye have done it unto one of the least of these, my brethren, ye have done it unto me." Who is going to have the balls to look at their kids, look at their limited stash, and instead of saying to the hungry family walking by - "Nope, you keep on moving", say instead, "Yep, we've got some food for you and your little ones"? That is going to separate the men from the boys that day.

Finally, I believe that we all will do things we wouldn't have otherwise done. I don't think fleeing Jews stealing food from people who either turned them in, would have turned them in, or turned a blind eye to what was going on did the "wrong" thing - although I understand what a slippery slope the "relative morality" construct is.

I don't think killing someone in self defense is a sin. I don't think lying to liars and murderers is a sin. I don't think that will be a loss of standards in my book. I'm going to do my best to help me, mine, and those who come to me for help. If that makes me an enemy of the state, so be it. I'm preparing for everything I wrote.

Probably doesn't answer all the questions, but it is working for me at this time.

Peace.

"Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God." - Thomas Jefferson

"The constitutions of most of our states [and of the United States] assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; that they are entitled to freedom of person, freedom of religion, freedom of property and freedom of the press." - Thomas Jefferson
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2012, 19:05   #12
VonFireball
Registered

Quote:
2) In the old testament (Isaiah iirc) there is a famine. The prophet asks a widow to make him a loaf so he can have something to eat. She says that she and her son were going to have one more loaf themselves, and then they were going to lay down and die because they had nothing else. In her faith, she fed the man of God. And the flour and oil never ran out. Faithful people get miracles. Faithful people who think there are no miracles anymore seem to need a faith-check. Maybe like the one that is coming?
Thanks for this, it was very timely and a bible story I had forgotten about. I had what I consider a miracle happen in my life very recently so this was a good reminder that God is always in control even when we aren't.....

Quote:
Who is going to have the balls to look at their kids, look at their limited stash, and instead of saying to the hungry family walking by - "Nope, you keep on moving", say instead, "Yep, we've got some food for you and your little ones"? That is going to separate the men from the boys that day.
I agree. I've rarely turned down anyone who needed help and I don't think I will refuse another family help in a tough time. I have a goodly supply and have considered that others may need assistance during a tough time.

Quote:
I don't think killing someone in self defense is a sin. I don't think lying to liars and murderers is a sin. I don't think that will be a loss of standards in my book. I'm going to do my best to help me, mine, and those who come to me for help. If that makes me an enemy of the state, so be it. I'm preparing for everything I wrote.
I feel lying is a sin whether you lie to liars and murderers or to the upright. It isn't a malleable law. To be honest, most everything is a sin. One day here Right Side Up kind of made the point about much of what we do being motivated by selfishness. I disagreed at the time but after several months of reflection I have come to agree with him. There is no avoiding sin entirely, there are unknown sins at the most basic level and it moves along from there. I agree about the slippery slope of relative morality, but I think at some junctures in life breaking commandments winds up becoming inevitable for the mortal, as you noted: lying to preserve the lives of others, etc. Each man in a given situation will have to decide for his/her self. Even Moses struck the rock in the wilderness of zin in his anger rather than commanding it to pour forth water as instructed. We all slip up at times. It's up to the individual to decide whether intentional breaking a commandment is "necessary" so to speak. We all face situations where we are "damned if we do, damned if we don't". I guess we just pray for wisdom in these types of scenarios and that we won't be faced with these kind of decisions.

In short, great post and thanks for your reply. As always, it's appreciated.

Last edited by VonFireball; May 11, 2012 at 19:10.
Old May 11, 2012, 19:53   #13
rowjimmy
Have FAL will travel
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 21662
I'm scared about what's coming down the pike.

We are selfish, and we struggle with sin. We are humans, not God. We want the grace and peace of the Lord. Sometimes we find it, for a fleeting second.

I'll leave you with one of my favorite reads:

91st psalm

You who dwell in the shelter of the Most High,*

who abide in the shade of the Almighty,*

2Say to the LORD, “My refuge and fortress,

my God in whom I trust.”a

3He will rescue you from the fowler’s snare,

from the destroying plague,

4He will shelter you with his pinions,

and under his wings you may take refuge;b

his faithfulness is a protecting shield.

5You shall not fear the terror of the night

nor the arrow that flies by day,c

6Nor the pestilence that roams in darkness,

nor the plague that ravages at noon.d

7Though a thousand fall at your side,

ten thousand at your right hand,

near you it shall not come.

8You need simply watch;

the punishment of the wicked you will see.e

9Because you have the LORD for your refuge

and have made the Most High your stronghold,

10No evil shall befall you,