Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The HK Files

Notices

Old April 26, 2012, 04:40   #1
Canuckienns
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 65472
C93 and Herters/Tula 223 amunition

Not really a range report on the functioning of my C93. A while back I was experimenting with various brands of amunition. I tried some Herters 223 in both 55 gr. and 62 gr. solid point, and it was quite snappy and functioned well. I bought a case lot of the stuff in 62 gr, and later on I discovered that I hit the wrong button and ordered the 62 gr in hollow point. Big difference.
I first shot it out of a heavy barrelled scoped Bushmaster rifle and every shot felt soft with less recoil. It failed to cycle about every third shot and the final shot would never be enough to engage the hold open device. At 100 yards the grouping was pathetic. This was the bad news as I had a whole case of the stuff.
Comes the good news! I shot it out of my C93, and the recoil is still way softer, but it shoots better groups at 100 yards that my Nato 55 grain porto with absolutley no failures. I guess I will save it for the C93.
Canuckienns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 26, 2012, 18:20   #2
spider991
Registered

FALaholic #: 35820
I will have to check out some tula in my C93, ive yet to find ammo that will jam it....i love that gun.
spider991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2012, 20:01   #3
chauncey
Registered

FALaholic #: 34946
HK-design rifles run great with steel cased ammo. i run 556, 762 and 9mm steel case in my roller-locks, hardly ever a failure and the few i've had seemed to be magazine, not ammunition related
chauncey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2012, 17:33   #4
gunny100
Banned

FALaholic #: 64204
you can sell the ammo to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckienns View Post
Not really a range report on the functioning of my C93. A while back I was experimenting with various brands of amunition. I tried some Herters 223 in both 55 gr. and 62 gr. solid point, and it was quite snappy and functioned well. I bought a case lot of the stuff in 62 gr, and later on I discovered that I hit the wrong button and ordered the 62 gr in hollow point. Big difference.
I first shot it out of a heavy barrelled scoped Bushmaster rifle and every shot felt soft with less recoil. It failed to cycle about every third shot and the final shot would never be enough to engage the hold open device. At 100 yards the grouping was pathetic. This was the bad news as I had a whole case of the stuff.
Comes the good news! I shot it out of my C93, and the recoil is still way softer, but it shoots better groups at 100 yards that my Nato 55 grain porto with absolutley no failures. I guess I will save it for the C93.
you can sell the ammo to me
for a cheep price shiped to me
tim
K_boltz2@comcast.net
gunny100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2012, 08:02   #5
Canuckienns
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 65472
I am getting a credit from Cabellas on a full case case of 223 and a full case of 308. They are great folks to deal with.
Canuckienns is online now   Reply With Quote