The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The AUG Files

Notices

Old April 21, 2012, 10:39   #1
Airacuda
Registered

FALaholic #: 62937
My A1 no longer NIB

Well my wife knew that the NIB would not last long in my hands.....she was right!
Took it out Thursday and ended up putting 90 rounds through it.
I mean,what's the point of having a rifle if you don't even know if it works?
Well mine works and the swarovski was dead on out of the box. I shot IDPA targets at 25 and 50 yds to see where the rounds were going,then started on the steel poppers. Feels just like the A3 so no suprises.
So much for making a profit. This is a keeper and I'm going to do with it what it was made to do!
Old April 21, 2012, 11:05   #2
NEWFNL1A1
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 43401
You lucky dog!

I've handled them but never shot one (COD Black Ops doesn't cont)
"Hell, Jack...the only thing worse than a politician is a child molester" - Sheriff Hank Pearson, Extreme Prejudice - (1987)
NEWFNL1A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21, 2012, 14:33   #3
Airacuda
Registered

If you ever get my way you are welcome to come by and send some through it. I love letting people shoot the A3 just to see their reaction. Most recognise it from COD but have never seen a real one. The 20 and under crowd get an ear to ear grin when I pull it out. It's a crowd pleaser for sure. The Green A1 should really be some fun.

On the bad side,I've had to cut back my ammo consumption to pay back the Wife's retirement account I raided to get this thing.
Old April 21, 2012, 15:16   #4
NEWFNL1A1
Registered
Bronze Contributor

I appreciate that...My grandkids get a kick out of telling their friends that their grandad has a FAL like on Black Ops....then the kids usually reply.."yeah, that gun really sucks...no one uses it"! LOL, I guess I'm gonna have to get an AUG to restore their bragging rights!
"Hell, Jack...the only thing worse than a politician is a child molester" - Sheriff Hank Pearson, Extreme Prejudice - (1987)
Old April 21, 2012, 21:36   #5
EBRfan
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 16147
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWFNL1A1 View Post
....then the kids usually reply.."yeah, that gun really sucks...no one uses it"!
Too funny. I've had this same argument with my then 12-yo son concerning the FAL vs. AK-47. Made me so aggravated I went down to the basement and came back with a DSA FAL and a Norinco Type 56S-1 and proceeded to explain to him in great detail why the FAL was superior! Didn't change his mind though
EBRfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2012, 23:11   #6
Airacuda
Registered

Yeah, it's like trying to explain the disadvantages of the AR DI gas sytems to someone who just knows AR's are Kool. They don't care, they have an one and 10,000 rounds of ammo at home. Never mind they didn't know they have to clean it.

It's a shame our kids learn about weapons from a video game. On the other hand at least they see many various types than they would normally would ever come across.
The FAL becomes an equal to the others if you play in the Hardcore mode where 1 shot kills. In the regular game you need 3 shots or a headshot,so the full auto stuff has the advantage.
It's pretty amazing the research that had to be done so that in the game all the weapons sound different and reload similar to the real thing. The sound of the AUG mag change is dead on.
Old April 22, 2012, 23:38   #7
NEWFNL1A1
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airacuda View Post
Yeah, it's like trying to explain the disadvantages of the AR DI gas sytems to someone who just knows AR's are Kool. They don't care, they have an one and 10,000 rounds of ammo at home. Never mind they didn't know they have to clean it.

It's a shame our kids learn about weapons from a video game. On the other hand at least they see many various types than they would normally would ever come across.
The FAL becomes an equal to the others if you play in the Hardcore mode where 1 shot kills. In the regular game you need 3 shots or a headshot,so the full auto stuff has the advantage.
It's pretty amazing the research that had to be done so that in the game all the weapons sound different and reload similar to the real thing. The sound of the AUG mag change is dead on.
Cool...I guess I gonna have to try hardcore....I was real disappointed in the FAL and the M14 both. (and the fact the CZ-75 was more lethal than the 1911). My grandkids have learned from both the game and hands on...and other useful things like reloading from cover and topping off the mag/gun etc. It's mostly a way to spend a little time w/ them and be able to relate on things they are interested in...you know what I'm talking about....

My grandson has moved on to MW3...it's a whole different thing!

Yeah...I need a life.

I had a chance to get an AUG 25 years ago...I wish I had done it.