The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > FALaholics Anonymous > General Meetings and Events

Notices

Old February 15, 2012, 01:17   #51
dirtyrice
Registered

FALaholic #: 20129
I should have a couple things by monday. I'm thinking of coming up with something involving a t48. Though I could probably more easily get the perfect photos I need, of a friends g series more easily.
“The people are the best guardians of their own rights and it is the duty of their executive to abstain from interfering in or thwarting the sacred exercise of the lawmaking functions of their government.”
-William Henry Harrison

“I pity the man who wants a coat so cheap that the man or woman who produces the cloth will starve in the process.”
-Benjamin Harrison

Ron Paul 2008. Wtf happened people :( God Bless Texas!
dirtyrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2012, 16:35   #52
spatin
Likes FALs

FALaholic #: 17469
I really got a lot of nice comments on the one Bug Tussell did in 2007.

spatin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrymrc View Post
Here is a few. I can get 2010 when I get back home in a week. Only a handful were made for 2006 and none for 2011.

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual ... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, ... or "taken care of."
- Suzanna Gratia-Hupp
http://www.a-human-right.com/effective.html

“Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy” - Benjamin Franklin

Donations are gratefully accepted.
spatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2012, 16:36   #53
spatin
Likes FALs

I like OD.

Sidney

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut1 View Post
Nick,
I was thinking camo because we have pretty well worn out tan and gray. OD might be nice. I really don't want a black shirt because I have too many that I just don't wear.

I am open to suggestions on color.

Have you had any time to piddle with the design?
"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual ... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, ... or "taken care of."
- Suzanna Gratia-Hupp

“Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy” - Benjamin Franklin

Old February 21, 2012, 16:49   #54
spatin
Likes FALs

Hey Slo, how big is that red heart (or circle if you use a circle) on that target?
I need to start practicing!
Sidney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo cat View Post
I'll run the King Match again.

Regards,
Steve
- Suzanna Gratia-Hupp

Old February 21, 2012, 22:55   #55
Michael64
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 4237
Quote:
Originally Posted by spatin View Post
Hey Slo, how big is that red heart (or circle if you use a circle) on that target?
I need to start practicing!
Sidney
Novis and I will be there this year for our second FAL Fest and she will either have a LaRue PredatAR or SCAR 16S to have another go at the King Match.
It didnt sit too well with her last year using my para FAL and not hitting the target so she is bringing her rifle to shoot with this time.
Looking for ARMS #3 standard mount
Michael64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2012, 00:35   #56
Slo cat
Undocumented Platinum
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 11908
Michael64,
Are you the same Michael64 over on the USRifleTeam.com forum?

Sidney,
You know that you don't necessarily have to hit the heart. Just be the closest shot to it. It helps to have those new bullets that can be steered to the center after they are shot. They have tiny fins that pop out after leaving the barrel.

Best Regards,
Slo cat
Slo cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2012, 01:36   #57
Michael64
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Michael64,
Are you the same Michael64 over on the USRifleTeam.com forum?

Sidney,
You know that you don't necessarily have to hit the heart. Just be the closest shot to it. It helps to have those new bullets that can be steered to the center after they are shot. They have tiny fins that pop out after leaving the barrel.

Best Regards,
Slo cat
Not even close. But I can shoot ok.
Old February 22, 2012, 10:55   #58
spatin
Likes FALs

@SloCat - hitting the heart/circle is pretty close!
- Suzanna Gratia-Hupp

Old February 24, 2012, 20:59   #59
Queensix
Registered

FALaholic #: 21619
Hey guys! Just now getting into the fray, but the jobs have been hectic.

Here's my 2 cents on the T shirts - I like the design and either OD or red, maybe even a navy blue, but please don't make them pink!

Another thing - food. Last year I made stuffed jalapenos, so let me know if that is something I should do again.
Old February 25, 2012, 12:58   #60
spatin
Likes FALs

You betcha! The stuffed jalapenos last year were great. A replay of that would be most appreciated! - Sidney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queensix View Post
Hey guys! Just now getting into the fray, but the jobs have been hectic.

Here's my 2 cents on the T shirts - I like the design and either OD or red, maybe even a navy blue, but please don't make them pink!

Another thing - food. Last year I made stuffed jalapenos, so let me know if that is something I should do again.
- Suzanna Gratia-Hupp

Old February 25, 2012, 18:21   #61
Post Toastie
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 40196
Quote:
Absolutely. Those were great!
Post Toastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25, 2012, 18:22   #62
Bwana John
Registered

FALaholic #: 3810
I just received the Whittington Center newsletter and donation request, it looks like this year the event is listed as the "AL" Fest.
Old February 25, 2012, 21:58   #63
spatin
Likes FALs

That's not a good sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana John View Post
I just received the Whittington Center newsletter and donation request, it looks like this year the event is listed as the "AL" Fest.
- Suzanna Gratia-Hupp

Old February 25, 2012, 23:39   #64
Michael64
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
So who is AL?
Old February 27, 2012, 00:08   #65
Queensix
Registered

Quote:
The 2012 Schedule of Events from the Whittington Center that I picked up at Cheaper Than Dirt has it listed as FAL Fest. I just checked their website and they must be having issues since there is nothing even listed on the events calendar for May.
Old February 27, 2012, 20:13   #66
Queensix
Registered

Since we didn't have T shirts for last year, I came up with this design. Fun Huh!?

Old February 27, 2012, 20:31   #67
gunnut1
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 1877
Quote:
Since we didn't have T shirts for last year, I came up with this design. Fun Huh!?

Not bad but I don't think we want to advertise You Tube and would probably have to get permission to use their name anyway,

We have a gentleman's agreement that the ZIA symbol stays on the front of the shirt.

Given the political situation this year, I was thinking about using a set of crossed FALs over the helmet of a Spartan and of course MOLON LABE in the original Greek under the picture.

The human race is not the pinnacle of evolution. We are but one evolutionary out come.
gunnut1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2012, 20:37   #68
Queensix
Registered

Quote:
Not bad but I don't think we want to advertise You Tube and would probably have to get permission to use their name anyway,

We have a gentleman's agreement that the ZIA symbol stays on the front of the shirt.

Given the political situation this year, I was thinking about using a set of crossed FALs over the helmet of a Spartan and of course MOLON LABE in the original Greek under the picture.
This wasn't meant as a serious design. It was more of running joke since Dirtyrice had his video camera out and filmed everything. Oh and yes, I checked and it is all on You Tube.
Old February 27, 2012, 20:39   #69
gunnut1
Gold Contributor

μολὼν λαβέ!

The human race is not the pinnacle of evolution. We are but one evolutionary out come.
Old February 27, 2012, 20:57   #70
Queensix
Registered

It's all GREEK to me!!
Old February 27, 2012, 22:00   #71
gunnut1
Gold Contributor

Actually, I kind of like your design. I guess I get to serious sometimes.

Old March 06, 2012, 00:17   #72
Slo cat
Undocumented Platinum
Silver Contributor

Hey, who is collecting registration money?

Sidney always asked for this in January. Someone has to pay for our insurance, etc.
ORWAC 68-2, NRA DR #24, CMP DP #922, P-100 (14x)
Old March 06, 2012, 00:35   #73
spatin
Likes FALs

It was my understanding that Jerry was going to do that. I'll check with him.

Sidney

Quote:

Sidney always asked for this in January. Someone has to pay for our insurance, etc.
- Suzanna Gratia-Hupp

Old March 07, 2012, 20:24   #74
jerrymrc
Registered

FALaholic #: 2331
Quote:

Sorry about that. I know I need to work on what the payment will be for the 1-2 day attendees. It will be $70 for the 3 days. I do need to get the slips and do some other stuff so please give me a day and I will have a place to send the $$ for Fal fest.

The Insurance has been paid so other than some supplies the center is the next payment.
jerrymrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 07, 2012, 20:27   #75
jerrymrc
Registered

Quote:

That sounds fine Gary. I have some images I will send to you.
Old March 08, 2012, 03:44   #76
dirtyrice
Registered

Hah yes we couldn't use the youtube logo without permission but that is hilarious. I remember you saying that last year lol. Plenty doesn't end up on youtube :P I'm sorry i've just been so busy. I say we use a design from previous years as that would easiest for our time frame. I will still try to get a couple things done but I don't want to not get it done in time and screw things up. Really even if we got the shirts afterwards I wouldn't care. Many people wear shirts from previous years while there.

eta: Just to show I am working on something lol. But like I said time is everything.

This is the first one I had been working on. Still needs some work. The gun in the photo was slightly at an angle which is giving me issues. It may be best to rotate the photo slightly to a more right angle and then start this all over again. It's not too bad to get something like this but a little bit of a pita to go pixel by pixel and clean it up. But since this photo was taken with the gun at an angle I end up with unstraight pixely lines which if I try to correct by shaving and adding on opposite sides things can start to look a little odd. So thats what i'm working on but will probably start again. I figured the T-48 with "The original" under it??? Or a couple of fals and "It's a FAL world" Of course it would also have falfest 2012 on it.
“The people are the best guardians of their own rights and it is the duty of their executive to abstain from interfering in or thwarting the sacred exercise of the lawmaking functions of their government.”
-William Henry Harrison

“I pity the man who wants a coat so cheap that the man or woman who produces the cloth will starve in the process.”
-Benjamin Harrison

Last edited by dirtyrice; March 08, 2012 at 06:07.
Old March 10, 2012, 18:24   #77
gunnut1
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyrice View Post
Hah yes we couldn't use the youtube logo without permission but that is hilarious. I remember you saying that last year lol. Plenty doesn't end up on youtube :P I'm sorry i've just been so busy. I say we use a design from previous years as that would easiest for our time frame. I will still try to get a couple things done but I don't want to not get it done in time and screw things up. Really even if we got the shirts afterwards I wouldn't care. Many people wear shirts from previous years while there.

eta: Just to show I am working on something lol. But like I said time is everything.

If you can get the art work to my just 3 weeks before the event, there is no problem in getting the shirts done.

This is the first one I had been working on. Still needs some work. The gun in the photo was slightly at an angle which is giving me issues. It may be best to rotate the photo slightly to a more right angle and then start this all over again. It's not too bad to get something like this but a little bit of a pita to go pixel by pixel and clean it up. But since this photo was taken with the gun at an angle I end up with unstraight pixely lines which if I try to correct by shaving and adding on opposite sides things can start to look a little odd. So thats what i'm working on but will probably start again. I figured the T-48 with "The original" under it??? Or a couple of fals and "It's a FAL world" Of course it would also have falfest 2012 on it.[/QUOTE]

Old March 17, 2012, 22:06   #78
Queensix
Registered

WOW! This time last year there was a great deal of chatter going on about FAL Fest. This year, narry a peep. Do we even have an approximate idea on the number of people that plan on being there? This will only be our second FAL Fest, but Michael64 and I really had a great time last year and I hope there will be a good crowd attending. Besides, I have a new rifle that I have been breaking in...

By the way, do we need to be sending in any money and forms?
Old March 17, 2012, 22:21   #79
dirtyrice
Registered

Personally I probably won't be attending this year. I'm trying to go back to school this summer and finish my last two classes. Really trying to put money into having more ammo on hand and building all these kits I have lol.
-William Henry Harrison

-Benjamin Harrison

Old March 18, 2012, 16:42   #80
gunnut1
Gold Contributor

Quote:
WOW! This time last year there was a great deal of chatter going on about FAL Fest. This year, narry a peep. Do we even have an approximate idea on the number of people that plan on being there? This will only be our second FAL Fest, but Michael64 and I really had a great time last year and I hope there will be a good crowd attending. Besides, I have a new rifle that I have been breaking in...

By the way, do we need to be sending in any money and forms?
Even if there is no "offical" FALFEST, there is nothing in the rule books that says you can't join Whittington Center and a bunch of us show up on the same day for a little shooting fun!!!!! I need to renew my membership anyway! There would not be any offical events but we could still have a lot of fun!

I do hope that we have a real FALFEST. But from the apathy that is being shown, this might be a better way to go!

Old March 21, 2012, 21:09   #81
jerrymrc
Registered

There will be a Fal Fest on the dates listed. Kind of got behind but oh well. I will have releases to sign for everyone at the first safety meeting.

I am going to say that I do not have a PO box or a business address so if I get the clearance you will be able to send the checks to Sydney's address or just bring them with you. They do need to be made out to "Fal Friends Inc".

Other than Slo Cat doing the King Match all the other events are being handled by James & Robin.

I have posted the event on one other board and need to hit a couple more.

The housing situation is like that of a few years ago. Other groups booked a bunch of rooms and we all made other arrangements. Then with a month to go they started calling saying they had rooms available.

If you want to stay at the center get on the list but also have other plans. There is a good chance that things will open up.

Once again if you need to contact me click the "send Email" I know Gary is working on the shirts.
Old March 22, 2012, 20:24   #82
gunnut1
Gold Contributor

Yep sure are. I have enlisted the talents of one Stimpson J. Cat to do the art work for us. I will shortly be gathering information from you guys as to sizes. I will not ship the shirts but rather deliver them at FAL Fest. If there is not way you are going to be there and still want a shirt, I will make an exception.

As soon as Stimpy gets the artwork back to me, I will post it here. Basically it will be a Spartan helment with crossed FALs, the words Molon Lave in the original greek and FALFEST 2012. The front will remain unchanged.

Old March 22, 2012, 21:48   #83
def90
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 50609
I am planning on attending, will be doing it tent style on the cheap though.. Maybe a post in the regular FN forum would draw more attention?
Old March 22, 2012, 22:00   #84
jerrymrc
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by def90 View Post
I am planning on attending, will be doing it tent style on the cheap though.. Maybe a post in the regular FN forum would draw more attention?
If you want to do the tent thing you are welcome to pitch it in Our RV spot. Been done before. They allow 6 people per RV space and that would give you access to the showers and I have been known to work meals/coffee with the people staying there.

The space I have is the largest one there.
Old March 27, 2012, 20:24   #85
gunnut1
Gold Contributor

The T-Shirt design has beem posted seperatly.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327596

Old April 01, 2012, 09:24   #86
spatin
Likes FALs

payment of registration fees for FAL Fest

Jerry asked me to help him with collecting the registration fees for FAL Fest.

I have agreed to help.

Each shooter's share should be about the same as last year, which is $70 per shooter. This should cover the price of the range fees, targets, and a share of the insurance.

I need to check with the range to make sure that the daily per person shooter rate has not increased since 2011, but it should be the same.

Please watch for another post by me with instructions for where to send the money.

Sidney
spatin
- Suzanna Gratia-Hupp

Old April 01, 2012, 14:52   #87
gunnut1
Gold Contributor

Thanks Sidney!!!!!!!

Old April 03, 2012, 06:04   #88
James
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 642
If you plan on coming to Falfest please post that and what day you plan on arriving. I would like this information to schedule some events.

Thanks,
James
Old April 03, 2012, 10:47   #89
Post Toastie
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
If you plan on coming to Falfest please post that and what day you plan on arriving. I would like this information to schedule some events.

Thanks,
James
James,

I plan on attending and may drag my father along. We should be on site by mid-day Thursday.

Cheers,
Kevin
Old April 03, 2012, 12:18   #90
Tex
Registered

FALaholic #: 747
Got the clearance to go today. Barring unforeseen events the wife and I will be there. Looking forward to it again!
Old April 03, 2012, 14:37   #91
gunnut1
Gold Contributor

James,

I am there dude! We should arive late Thursday evening. Ready to go Friday.

Old April 03, 2012, 16:34   #92
Michael64
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

Novis and I will be there thursday thru sunday.
Old April 04, 2012, 10:59   #93
wildwilly
Registered

FALaholic #: 7134
What exit on I 25? I have never had time for a fal fest while working and now retired and with the grandkids in Carlsbad Carvens. Will be headed back for Wyoming on Saturday? is that the middle of falfest in the snow or is 12 May the date and can I sign up for my fifth wheel for the three days and some events or even just watch or help ?

Last edited by wildwilly; April 04, 2012 at 11:04. Reason: confused
wildwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 04, 2012, 15:07   #94
Post Toastie
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwilly View Post
What exit on I 25? I have never had time for a fal fest while working and now retired and with the grandkids in Carlsbad Carvens. Will be headed back for Wyoming on Saturday? is that the middle of falfest in the snow or is 12 May the date and can I sign up for my fifth wheel for the three days and some events or even just watch or help ?
Here's the directions from the Whittington center website:
Located just off Interstate Highway 25 at New Mexcio Exit 446. Turn west onto State Highway 64. The NRA Whittington Center is 4 miles down the road on the right side.
Old April 04, 2012, 16:39   #95
Post Toastie
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Did anyone get rooms in the Founders cabins? I'm still on the wait list for 5/17-5/19 and they said I'm the only one on the list for that weekend...
Old April 04, 2012, 20:45   #96
jerrymrc
Registered

I will be there Thursday. I will have releases available. Kind of been MIA but all I can do is try and make up for it. For now if one wants they can print and bring these with you.

The more we have done the quicker we can get started. James will have the final schedule but normally we start at the shack on the 1000 yard line Friday morning. Time to be set by James.

I will make a call and see if they can release some of the housing. We have been through this before. At the very worst the potluck can be back at RO36.

Like I said my PM box is a mess so Email works through here. Save each one as a picture and print.

Old April 04, 2012, 22:34   #97
Slo cat
Undocumented Platinum
Silver Contributor

I am arriving on Wed. May 16th and will stay until events are over on Sunday, and help clean up. I volunteer to help set up Thurs. May 17th.
Regards,
Slo cat
Old April 10, 2012, 15:17   #98
Post Toastie
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Did anyone get rooms in the Founders cabins?
Old April 10, 2012, 16:27   #99
Michael64
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Toastie View Post
Did anyone get rooms in the Founders cabins?
Tried, we are on a wait list.
We did get a room in the Competitors cabin.
Old April 10, 2012, 16:51   #100
Post Toastie
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael64 View Post
Tried, we are on a wait list.
We did get a room in the Competitors cabin.
Mike,

You might want to give them a call. I asked about the wait list for 5/17-5/19 and they said I'm the only one on the list for that weekend.