The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The Bolt Action Files

Notices

Old December 25, 2017, 08:06   #1
Andy2205
Registered

FALaholic #: 26110
Savage M10 FCP XLR Chassis

I didn't get a new rifle for my birthday, but while looking around for a new stock, I came across an instant savings deal from XLR Industries. Ordered an aluminum Evolution chassis for my Savage model 10 FCP. Had to wait on higher scope rings to shoot it, but it turned out to be worth the wait. I can't hold a group worth a crap so I won't bother with group photos. I'll post one when I shoot one I can brag about. Still capable of smashing clay pigeons out to 300yds.

The chassis uses AICS standard magazines and I'll have to pay and play until I find some that will work really well. The Magpul version has to be smacked to get it to seat firmly although it does feed properly.

The Silencerco Saker 7.62 does a lot to quit the rifle and the drops are easy to figure with the Leupold scope. The Atlas bipod is a pass around for the other rifles that I own with Picatinny rails. Looking at picking up an Accu-Shot PRM monopod. If all goes well I'll try the club's F class match next month. This set-up is a big change from the plastic stock and Harris bipod. Turned into a no brainer when I looked at bottom metal and magazine prices to feed the short action.
Old December 25, 2017, 08:41   #2
ArtBanks
Veteran Member
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 28761
Excellent all the way around.
I have monopods on a couple of my rifles and they are great. I use the same scope as you have on this rifle but had it off for some iron sight competition.

Here she is with the scope attached. Not bolt action , but she shoots in the .7 area as is.

Semper Fi
Art
ArtBanks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2017, 09:12   #3
Andy2205
Registered

FALaholic #: 26110
That Leupold has proven to be the best investment I've made for shooting the .308 round. I have a hand load made up for the rifle in stock configuration. When I finish off the last of them I'll play with the load development some.

My other .308 is an M1A in Sage chassis with Basset mount and IOR scope. Shoots much better these days.

Old January 03, 2018, 05:56   #4
ArtBanks
Veteran Member
Platinum Contributor

Savage BA Stealth 6.5 CR. Love my Leupolds.

Semper Fi
Art

Last edited by ArtBanks; January 13, 2018 at 05:08.
Old January 05, 2018, 19:07   #5
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Question, is the barreled action just dropped in that Star Wars stock or was it bedded and fit by a custom rifle smith? Have customized factory rifles in their original stocks that will shoot single hole groups at 100 and others that shoot under 4" at 600 yards. Scope box stock or been sent off for custom reticle, glass trued and square plus proprietary purging? My smith used the factory parts or as many as possible and sent back rifles that looked stock but shot like a laser guided rail gun.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 06, 2018, 10:05   #6
ArtBanks
Veteran Member
Platinum Contributor

The Savage BA 10 Stealths are blueprinted as they are assembled by Savage.
I had a gent with one in .308 let me try it on my range and decided I would try the 6.5 CR and could not be happier.

Semper Fi
Art