Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Survival & Preparedness

Notices

Old September 02, 2017, 20:35   #1
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
New Pneumonia Is Drug-Resistant, Deadly And Contagious

Quote:
In the past few years, there have been so many "superbugs" appearing in hospitals around the world that we here at Goats and Soda haven't had the time or resources to report on all of them.
But a new type of pneumonia emerging in China seems so important that we dropped what we were doing to write about it.
Doctors in Hangzhou in southeastern China have detected a a type of pneumonia that is both highly drug-resistant and very deadly. It also spreads easily.
The bacterium — a type of Klebsiella pneumoniae — killed five people in an intensive care unit in Hangzhou in 2016, researchers reported Tuesday in the journal Lancet Infectious Diseases.
http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsand...and-contagious

Thinking music.
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 03, 2017, 11:18   #2
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
I just finished Bushfire plaque III. #I pretty much hits what we can have.
Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTYNwwPQH4k. The whirlwind, he talks about.
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 03, 2017, 17:50   #3
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
This combination of the two is what many people have been having nightmares about for a long time.
Guess its now reality, so only a matter of time before,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Time to dust off the shelf plans for the three hundred yard killing area.

Somethings just can't be fixed, only avoided.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 04, 2017, 09:04   #4
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Had a flu bug locally last winter so bad doctors were telling patients not to come in. Called in scripts and if didn't get better after second round advised calling 911.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 04, 2017, 09:33   #5
Trypcil
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
There is of course 'Phage' technology' - where the corresponding 'virus' is found for the specific bacterium and pow, no more bacterium! The Eastern bloc, Russia and I suspect a few other nations employ 'Phage Tech' - we don't, as of yet!
https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0313134956.htm

This has been known about since the 1920's, if not before but big pharma is slow to adapt, for some undogly reason!
Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 05, 2017, 17:32   #6
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
For pneumonia we have a fair stock of azmithromycin and clarithromycin to cover the Macrolides. Have doxycycline to cover Tetracyclines and levofloxacin to cover the Fluoroquinolones. Have a healthy amount of Ceftin and Keflex for Cephalosporin family of antibiotics that cover pneumonia. Probably have about as much amoxicillin and others from the penicillin class drugs to allow a rotating treatment of different medications to give best shot at treating drug resistant strains of pneumonia. Scored a vial of Peramivir which doctor gave us and will draw six I.V. doses from an internist we know along with some vancomycin while doing the fall doctor rounds today.

After the bug we picked up last winter in which I started Tammiflu within hours of first sympoms (remember if have to go to doctor, gef a script amd go to pharmacy its too far imto the flu virus for Tammiflu to really do its job of killimg the bug before it goes Chenobyl) and wife began fakimg becore first sypmtom when obvious I had the flu. We both saw our primary care doctors today and picked up four boxes of Tammiflu, four of Relenza at pharmacy. Both our doctors said the pneumonia vaccinations will be in before end of month. I missed my flu shot last year and paid dearly with it becoming pneumonia.

Wife and I use different primary care doctors in case one is out of town, totally swamped with patients or unreachable when in absolute need. One of my last FEMA pandemic courses was on how to set up a security perimeter around hospital to keep building from being over-run by people with sick children and wives. Will be an initial lock down at doors maintained by security staff and secondary perimeter at edge of paring lots and property lines soon as police and National Guard/Army Reserve can get in place. Region B (most of N.E. GA has 60% to 75% of beds occupped and can't afford to build big enough facility and maintain it for a true pandemic) and once we top 80% all hospitals will be locked down and mobile field hospital set up to triage patiemts, give a shot or few pills and send home. Plan goes on down the line to "doc in box" locations, private medical facilities all the way to dentists offices and even veterinary clinics.

Once it gets that bad meds are gone. Strategic Reserve will treat 30% of population which is the military, emergency responders and medical community plus their families. Means if a person does not have meds to treat and was not infected near event horizon where slipped into the system before closed your on your own. Either able to treat it or not. Why sold more body armor to doctors in past four years than any other group followed by pastors. Run more do tors and their wives through my defensive firearms class in same four years as entire life. Doctors know what people are going to do when family members are dying and hospital has security perimeter, their family doctor says out of meds as is pharmacy.

People will be kidnapping doctors to try and save their kids lives. I know am about to get spanked again about saying would break the law of land but if true pandemic is gripping country and world, my wife is dying I know which communities most local doctors live if not which houses. I will go get one and his wife and tell him if mine doesn't live, his won't either. He will find some meds stashed in his nag. Like my previous comments in another thread about making an emergency refill of meds in first minutes SHTF, we have a lot but not enough to properly treat the hive unless people on list show with items on their list to bring. Today was also refill day for my endocrinology meds. Did the rotation and inventory and now at 5.75+ years on two out of three I need to survive at full dose and 5.5 years on third. On track to be six years up on those by 1/1/2018 which will push me just past age 60 by a few months. I want a decade put back by age 60 if we can keep world together till end of Trump's first term which would keep me alive till 70 which is not likely to happen for an older person to fight out a decade of post collapse of society but a decades meds would give me hope that might live till they run out.

Bottom line, flu or pneumonia pandemic do not expect the medical system to stand up long enough to help you. Either have the meds and knowledge to use or die for the rats to eat. Those are your choices. All the guns and bullets in the world are no good without medical supplies and knowledge. Glad my wife is well sorted out in pharmacology, drug interactions, prescribing and lots more. Likely be better for a North Korean bottle rocket to land west coast than a true pamdemic. Clear destruction and danger area with clear enemy. Of course ISIS would follow up his bottle rocket with as much mainland mayhem as possible. If not confident you can treat your family fairly effective for a bird flu jumping to humans, weaponized flue or pneumonia right now better be getting ready fast. Also get the flue and pneumonia inoculations. Those will give you some head start on resistance. Our governments plan is to protect itself, our military and first responders while leaving civilians to themselves and be in place to resume control of whoever survives.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2017, 10:36   #7
unionguy
Registered

FALaholic #: 36394
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2A1 View Post
I just finished Bushfire plaque III. #I pretty much hits what we can have.
Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTYNwwPQH4k. The whirlwind, he talks about.
Hey, thanks for reading my book and I hope you enjoyed it! I wrote the Brushfire Plague trilogy because I felt that the pandemic scenario is often overlooked in prepper type fiction, but we are definitely overdue from a historic perspective.
unionguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2017, 13:08   #8
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by unionguy View Post
Hey, thanks for reading my book and I hope you enjoyed it! I wrote the Brushfire Plague trilogy because I felt that the pandemic scenario is often overlooked in prepper type fiction, but we are definitely overdue from a historic perspective.
Your'e RG???

Wow!

Will pick them up, looks interesting.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2017, 02:52   #9
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Flu widespread in 36 states, CDC reports
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rly/990271001/
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2017, 07:14   #10
medicmike
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Story View Post
Flu widespread in 36 states, CDC reports
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rly/990271001/
Seeing a lot of it on the Oregon Coast right now. ERs and hospitals are overrun with both influenza A and B.

I picked something up this week, don't know if it was the flu or not, wife freaked thinking I might have meningitis. Fever that spiked at 104 f, one of the worst headaches I have ever had, joint pain everywhere and loss of equilibrium. 48 hrs later and I am starting to feel a bit more human. Odd thing was no respiratory symptoms with it though.

Wife is still pissed that I refused to go to the ER with it....

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is online now   Reply With Quote