View Single Post
Old January 06, 2018, 22:25   #15
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
About 10 years ago, I had a principal who showed the faculty a short video. It portrayed a time in the not so distant future in which all retail buying went through Amazon, and all higher education was conducted through Google University. At it's conclusion, he asked what we thought about it. I said that it seemed pretty farfetched to me, and scary too. Now, I start to wonder.

South of Dallas, in Hillsboro, there was a huge outlet mall for years. A couple years ago, we pulled into to buy some baby present at one of the few remaining stores. I mean the damned place looked like a ghost town. All it needed was a few tumbleweeds blowing though the parking lot.

There sure could be another reason for the drastic change, but I suspect the hand of Amazon and its ilk. These are hard times in the retail game in the Amazon Era. And I suspect we're just getting started. Can Google U. be that far behind?