View Single Post
Old April 07, 2018, 09:24   #2
kotengu
Registered

FALaholic #: 1594
For those who have shot my March matches or other Run N Guns - this match is a little different. I decided early on I can't "out badass" 5th Group, so I'm not even going to try. My March matches are simple fun events which test your skills and fitness level. The Legion match is a chance for civilians to actually experience a watered down version of what our 5th Group friends live every day, and is the closest we can get to "real world" in a safe competitive environment.

For example - 5th Group rarely knows exactly what they're in for until they get there, so all stages will be shot completely "'blind" and there will be no stage details released before the match.

5th Group never quits, so you can't either. You must keep shooting until you either run out of ammo or the RO makes you stop. There is no "taking the penalty and moving on."

It's not always clear who the good guys and bad guys are in the field, so you will be briefed on various intel items as part of the match and be expected to remember, analyze, and decide who and when to shoot and who not to shoot. On the clock. While you're exhausted.

In other words, you must be able to perform physically. You must be able to shoot well. And you must be able to think and process information while doing both of the above.

More info coming soon. Good luck!

Last edited by kotengu; April 07, 2018 at 09:31.
kotengu is online now   Reply With Quote