View Single Post
Old June 14, 2017, 21:03   #22
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoKodog View Post
a major quake, say 8.0 along the New Madrid would be enough to split the country in two, and it would take about a decade to just replace river bridges

it would be serious economic impact alone

there are many more implications
I could afford to put in another 500 gallon water tank, so just added it, also, picked up another 8K generator, a back up, for the back up, lucky my wife agrees with all this.

The more populated and the more complex any society becomes, the easier it is to bring it down to its knees.

Major quakes hit every hundred years on the west coast, 8.0 +, that's a simple fact.
It's been 160 years since one that huge hit.

The New Madrid is long over due, last time it went off, folks were killing rabbits and eating them for supper every night, and that one was so bad, it rang church bells in Boston.

Either one going off tomorrow, millions will die, starvation will rule the land, pestilence, plagues, TB, Typhoid fever, all the old horrors will return and people will not be prepared.

I asked questions last week to several friends and I will ask them again here;

Can we even make modern antibiotics without a computer and high tech factories?

Without computers, how do we get oil out of the ground and formulated into gasoline and delivered around the nation?

How do we pump and clean water without electricity for 320,000,000 people?

Without pumps, how do we grow that much food?

Short answer we don't.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote