View Single Post
Old January 13, 2014, 04:43   #24
FALaholic #: 66658
Originally Posted by ByrnieMac View Post
I'm not sure of the difference between the PSA stuff and the PTAC, but from what I've been advised and researched, I wouldn't buy anything PTAC.

As far as 'Mil-Spec' is concerned, I heard on a range a while back that 5 moa was considered in spec for infantry rifles.

And when it comes to the barrels, I have a question.. I used to do the final assembly on M-16's at the FN USA plant that PSA now sources their barrels from. This was about 6 or 7 years ago. Now, at that time, the only barrels made in house were the full length M-16 barrels, not ones for M4's. The only contracts at the time were for M-16A4's for the Army and Marines. Usually 8-9k/month and 4-5k/month, respectively.

Did this change? Does FN now hold the contract for M4's as well? When I was still in the Marines, Colt still had the contract for M4's if I remember correctly. Or at least I never came across a FN M4...

So does anyone know if FN tooled up to make M4 barrels for PSA? Or what? I know a lot can change in 7 years, but I'm still curious. And what are the markings on the "FN" barrels from PSA? Do they say PSA or FN?

I just hope the guys at Palmetto aren't feeding us all a line about the M4 barrels.
That 5moa is what a barrel should shoot after it's been tortured in full auto or burst mode dumping magazines as fast as you can. The heat from it changes the barrel and rifling structure, a barrel that has been fired full auto will never be a long range tac driver,And the 5moa is what the absolutely worst that is acceptable straight from the factory.
Life, liberty, and happiness.Until you have robbed some one of those rights you have not broken the law.That's how it should be anyhow.
Bertellione is offline   Reply With Quote