View Single Post
Old January 14, 2018, 18:54   #40
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x401 View Post

Since both stages can be set-up together, I think they could run concurrently. Even if we have an errant shot from the Drop targets to Moses (Try to stay on target friends ), it's still likely we can save time in target resetting and competitor flow.

I think it's worth trying, whats the rest of you think?

I just got off the phone with 4x401, and I want to put a couple of things down for the group to consider:

1. I don't like the "concurrent" thing, because we don't get to hang out and watch the rest of the gang shoot. "Concurrent" is how "real" competitions do it, because they're trying to move lots of participants through and get everyone a scored posted to the board. We are not that, and we've had (in the past) a very good 'feel' which is most easily seen at Brush511's place because there is one range / one location, and everyone is there to hang out, cheer, or give some stick to the various competitors

2. It's gonna make Rich's station take a few hours instead of 1.5 hours or so. I think we'll lose momentum rather than gain it

3. Otis61's Long Range thing should be shot at the west range along the road - with the big berm out at 1300 (or wherever it is...). And Otis wants the long-range shoot to get going in the late morning slot - before the wind picks up in the afternoon. I want this, too. So does Tuscan Raider, who is shooting 5.56x45 at 700 or so...

So we have to decide a couple of things:

1) do we want to 'streamline' the shooting or the hanging out?

2) do we want to "stay" at Rich's location (North Range) Saturday until we're done, and then move to Otis61's location (West Range) - which will make the long-range event happen in the afternoon cross-wind, or are we okay being at Rich's range, then moving to Otis' event, and then back to Rich's range?

None of this is any one person's decision; maybe each person should just say that they want to "streamline" the shooting thing or the hanging out thing, and then the (ahem!) Committee will figure out what that means?
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote