View Single Post
Old September 13, 2004, 15:44   #11
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
Step 10 is to install the LS. Lubricate the long portion of the LS and insert it into the receiver LS hole. As you can see from the attached photo, I use my vise to press the LS into place. You can use C-clamps, hydraulic presses, and even vise-grips. Take notice that the pressing tool I use is nothing more than a 1/4" drive hex head bit held in place on the vise jaws by a cheapo magnet (saves needing 3 or 4 hands). The wood is used to prevent damage to the reciver from the jaws.

Some guys say it is alright to hammer the LS into place. I do not. The LS is a hardened piece of steel and if you hit the dog bone wrong, you could crack or break it off, ruining the LS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg headspace 19a.jpg (37.8 KB, 5164 views)

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is online now   Reply With Quote