View Single Post
Old August 12, 2015, 23:31   #1
G3isMe
Not a Sr. Senior Member
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 6530
Post a Photo without a Photo Hosting Site.

This is a quick tutorial on how to post a photo in your FalFiles thread or post without using a photo hosting sites like photobucket, flickr, etc. Note that this service is only for paying members of the Falfiles. If you don't support the board this feature is not available to you so please dig deep and toss a few bucks towards Jen for administration, equipment, etc., necessary to operate this board ad free.

Begin by clicking on Start a new Thread or if you are replying within a thread, click on reply. After you open a text box for your reply or thread and want to post a photograph, the first step is to:

1) Click on manage attachments. This opens this window in which you Click on “choose file” which allows you to navigate on your computer to the photo you want to post. The size of the photo has to be at or under the size as noted in the attachment key. One of the best photo manipulation software programs I have found is irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com/). It is easy to use and it’s free.

Screen Shot

2) Navigate to the photo you want posted and double click on the photo file. The photo will then be listed next to the “chose file button”

Screen Shot

3) Click upload. This results in the photo being listed in a new box noted as “current attachments” and it also shows you the size of the file you are uploading (see below).

Screen Shot

4) The next step is to double click on the photo listed under the “current attachments.” This will open the photo in a new tab in your browser.

Notice in the screenshot above that I have already highlighted the photo’s url path. This is important for the next step.

Screen Shot

5) For this step copy the highlighted url, navigate back to the Falfiles web page tab and text box where you are creating the new thread. Click on the little “mountain scene” icon directly above the text box where you are composing your post. After you do this you will notice a new popup box for entering the url of your uploaded photo. Delete the text which is currently in the popup box, and then paste the url of your newly uploaded photo.

Screen Shot

6) After you paste the url into that empty box click “okay” and it should close that photo box and paste your url inside of quotes into the text box. Click outside of the pasted path and there is your posted photo’s path (see below).

As I mentioned, click outside of the quotes and the remaining text inside of those quotes is your picture.

Screen Shot

7) This is the photo that I just uploaded (see above), pasted into the "mountain icon," and posted into the text box. Click preview post and you should see you picture. If you are hosting photos on a pictures hosting site, you only need to copy the photo’s url and then proceed to the step 5 clicking the mountain icon and pasting your url in the box. This is actually pretty easy after you do it a couple times. If you have any problems drop me a line and I will do my best to help you.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot_001.jpg (111.7 KB, 333 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot_002.jpg (108.8 KB, 329 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot_003.jpg (77.1 KB, 329 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot_004.jpg (102.2 KB, 329 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot_005.jpg (104.6 KB, 329 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot_006.jpg (119.7 KB, 329 views)

Last edited by G3isMe; August 12, 2015 at 23:38.
G3isMe is online now   Reply With Quote