12v71
Perched in the MP
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 71127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Wayne View Post
Hi Guys,
Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts and words of encouragement
My surgery took 7 1/2 hours and was very extensive. I have a 8 1/2 inch scar in my lower back that had 40 stitches in it. I am in a back brace most of the time but I can now walk without my walker. In fact Boyle came out the other day and walked with me. I walked 650 yards just one month after my surgery. Before I couldn't walk 45 yards without stopping for a long tome or sitting down. I can't twist or bend or lift anything over 8 pounds yet. I am on a bunch of pain meds that make me weird. I itch or just go flush and sweat like Hell and it effects my speech sometimes. The good part is I now stand straight. My right leg tracks like it is supposed to. The feeling is coming back in my legs and feet and I have lost 11 pounds. I can't drive yet but I get to start PT the first week of November. This is going to take a while but my Dr. expects me to fully recover my strength and abilities. I tried to post last week but I kept getting dizzy and pushed the wrong button. A wall of text disappeared and was gone forever. The Fal Files was the only think I had to read while in the hospital because I could read short posts and then try to sleep. I will regale you with druggy dreams later.
Brother Wayne

Hoping to see you soon at Dave's shop or...

"Freedom is not a crime"

I'm a heavy equipment mechanic because brain surgery was far too easy.
12v71 is online now   Reply With Quote