View Single Post
Old December 22, 2017, 11:19   #3
randy762ak
Registered

FALaholic #: 25888
As a Proud owner of one I can answer!

Way back when the CMP was the DCM , My bro and I went and shot a Qualifying match to purchase M1 Rifles . after we sent in our papers we were sent back saying they had dispersed the allotment for the year re-apply.Later they sent My bro a note saying his rifle was ready to ship- send in the money --Bro was broke and told me IF I wanted it I could pay for it so I did .. 2 weeks later he comes to the house with a Box and we open it --I Was really hoping for a IH ,, But as I open the plastic bag I see it says -WINCHESTER .. /Great just as happy!

Next day setting around with the M1 Book on My lap Im trying to find the year of manufacture.? Finally I find a Page detailing the WIN-13 The heat lot code on the Receiver Frame.. Its tells me They held out a number of receivers in case they ran low and needed fill is , When in late 45 They had a surplus they took them and built them into rifles making them some years out of date in the production sequence .. They are among the more rare examples .. Mine is 90% all original ,,I did good for My $200.00 bucks ,,,,,I told my Brother he could shoot it anytime he wants !
randy762ak is online now   Reply With Quote