View Single Post
Old August 03, 2018, 16:51   #22
hueyville
Registered

FALaholic #: 74557
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk View Post
That Hungarian silver over yellow stuff is HOT. I had a couple cans of that and shot it through my Mosin carbines. Ow, my aching shoulder. Big fireballs too.
That stuff was specifically made to pull NATO Level 3 rifle armor plates through the soldier wearing it in strings and shards. Often x54 has lower velocity than NATO x51 so they figured out needed to have some hot steel core for troops in armor. Been told ISIS snipers like the steel core x54 as it allows them to make center mass shots knowing it will defeat our current armor plates.

Never understood why we use 7.62x51 NATO ball as our standard for ability of rifle plates instead of 7.62x54 steel core. Guess it's why a lot of troops run their own personally purchased plates.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote