View Single Post
Old September 14, 2017, 21:03   #164
kotengu
Registered

FALaholic #: 1594
While we were prepping for match, one of the 5th Group guys at one point said, almost as an aside,

"You haven't seen Legion of Brothers?"

"No" I said. "Is it pretty accurate?"

"Yeah" he said.

As with most things, I really didn't understand what he was saying at the time. I thought it was something like Blackhawk Down - maybe a little Hollywood'd up recreation of an event with some actors. But if he said it was pretty accurate maybe I'd watch it and be entertained while I learned a little bit more about what they did. I was wrong.

This is a documentary - with the actual guys and their families involved in the stories. I finished it tonight, and it is so much more than I first thought it was.

Buy it and watch it. We will never understand like those who were there, but I feel it is our duty as civilians to TRY to understand and not let all of what these guys and their families go through just get swept under the rug while the next "So You Think You Can Dance" episode comes on. It's sad that I'd never even heard of this movie until it was mentioned in passing just by happenstance.

With all they have sacrificed, the least we can do is try to understand and remember.

https://www.amazon.com/Legion-Brothe.../dp/B06Y4Q213B