View Single Post
Old April 13, 2010, 17:21   #102
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

FALaholic #: 392
I hope to be able to have some OD green and maybe some Tan mags too on the first run but I have to see the cost difference in adding the color and if they can do is cost efficiently on just a short run as I am sure Black will be the biggest seller.
The mags are gonna be the straight design, they work fine straight in the original 30 rounders so 25 rders should work fine too.

I am well aware of the beak, rear locking tab and thickness of the wall issues and will do what is necessary to make a working durable mag, and like I wrote earlier I plan on having a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser.

ER, I am also aware of the mold costs and I have a ballpark quote in that range so hopefully when the final design is approved it will still be in that price range. I am not a wealthy man by any means and $15,000 is a lot of money for me!
I think if I do it right and make a high quality polymer mag it will pay off in the long run. The company I will probably be using has machines from 75 tons all the way up to 263 tons.

The design of the mag will have some ribs and also retain some of the classic FAL mag looks incorporated in it. I think most people will like the looks of it.

This is a very long, time consuming and detailed process, but I expected it to be.

Military rifle steel plate match schedule for 2016, April 9th, June 11th, Sept. 10th & Nov. 12th

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51
moses is offline   Reply With Quote