The FAL Files

The FAL Files (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ammunition (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   7.62x54 Ammo Shortage A Fact (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226306)

411man March 03, 2008 01:26

7.62x54 Ammo Shortage A Fact

This from Classic Arms.

OVER THE PAST FEW WEEKS 7.62X54R AMMO HAS VIRTUALLY DRIED UP IN THE U.S.. I AM TOLD IT IS BECAUSE THE U.S. GOV'T IS OUTBIDDING THE IMPORTERS AND SENDING THIS AMMO STRIAIGHT TO IRAQ TO TRAIN AND SUPPLY THE IRAQI MILITARY AND SECURITY FORCES. IT SEEMS THAT THEY ARE OUTFITTED WITH DRAGONUV TYPE RIFLES AND THIS IS THE ROUND AND RIFLE WITH WHICH THEY ARE MOST FAMILIAR AND REQUIRE THE LEAST TRAINING.
THAT IS WHY I AM SO HAPPY TO HAVE SCORED SOME OF THIS AMMO. THIS IS THE BULGARIAN BRASS CASED 7.62X54R YELLOW TIP. IT FUNCTIONS FLAWLESSLY IN ALL NAGANT TYPE RIFLES AS WELL AS THE SEMI-AUTO VARIENTS SUCH AS THE PSL ABOVE. THE PRICE IS SLIGHTLY HIGER THAN WE HAVE SEEN IN THE PAST, BUT NOT NEARLY AS HIGH AS IT WILL BE IN THE FUTURE AS SURPLUS STOCKPILES OF THIS AMMO CONTINUE TO BE GOBBLED UP AT A RAPID PACE. I HONESTLY THINK IT IS WISE TO STOCK UP NOW.

mj2evans March 03, 2008 01:47

You believe everything a seller tells you? Just how dumb *ARE* you? Surplus is drying up? No shit. A millitary wants 40+ year old ammo for front line use? Not likely. Is this one of your "sources" of sage wisdom?

411man March 03, 2008 01:58

Show me ONE time Classic Arms has Lied.

I am waiting for other sources to reply to my inquiries.

I am CERTAIN those who shoot 7.61x54 NEED to know if supplies are running short.

Take your stomach ulcer medication before you read my reports on NO more Romaian AKs.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showt...hreadid=226300

tac556-1 March 03, 2008 03:28

Sure sure, and the US Govt is trying to outbid Century on all the 5.45 Bulgarian ammo from the 90's!!!!

Pretty soon, they'll be buying up all the outdated ammo everywhere!!!

If you recall- I'm sure you don't.....the US Govt arranged for Iraq to buy thousands of brand new Polish made AK's. They didn't but surplus romanian "G" guns, they didn't buy AMD-65's....they bought NEW GUNS. And I don't think they're gonna be buying decades old ammo.

Why the hell would an importer bring something into the US, then turn around and ship it back overseas? There is more 7.62 x 54 in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East than will ever be here. The US Govt has indeed put in some contracts for 7.62 x 54....it was made by FEDERAL! Some of the overrun was available for private purchase.

Of course Classic Arms isn't LYING----they said they "heard" this was going on. YOU ARE THE ONE WHO BOUGHT INTO THE STORY- NOT THEM!!!

Damn, quit stating the obvious, then patting yourself on the back for it! It just shows what a pathetic little man you are, with no real life. At least get some decent sources- normally you seem to think that any idiot posting on any website is a reliable source "I was in Wal-mart and prices went up!!" "Gun store clerk told me that space aliens bought all the 7.62 x 51" etc etc....

Everyone knows you just state, and re-state the obvious. If you could do some actual research, beyond surfing the web for wild ass guesses and conjecture, you might get someone to actually listen to you.

As it is we mainly read your stuff to post what a moron you are....

squid8286 March 03, 2008 08:18

Quote:

Originally posted by tac556-1

As it is we mainly read your stuff to post what a moron you are....

+1 - You are a dumbass; nobody really cares what your opinions are. You have 1069 posts, three or so that I have seen that have any pertinent info in them. Go post your drivel somewhere else.

English Mike March 03, 2008 08:57

There's no need to SHOUT 411dude, especially when all you did was cut & paste.

Using a LINK is the recognised way. such as to HERE where the same ammunition is cheaper.

spatin March 03, 2008 09:27

Way to go Mike! That Bulgarian HB is a pretty good price. I might get a can for myself.
Sidney

411man March 03, 2008 10:10

I do not post my opinions, guesses, or theories as fact.

Instead I post Proof along with the sources for that proof! :D

akajun March 03, 2008 10:19

Hey 411 man, Ive got two cases of Bulgy heavy ball. Since your in need Ill sell you some for $100 a 300rd can. Its no longer being imported ya know. Im Serious.

gunplumber March 03, 2008 10:56

Quote:

Originally posted by 411man
Show me ONE time Classic Arms has Lied.[/url]
They lied to me on 40+ FAL rifle kits I ordered as EXC StG kits which were in fact century rejected (reblued) mix and match random parts. fortunately, the shipping crates were damaged, requiring me to "inspect" before signing for them.

This was such a deliberate fraud that I have refused to do business with them since.

That they dind't even call to inquire why I refused the shipment and made them eat the shipping both ways is a pretty clear indication they knew they were trying to pull a fast one.

I have received over the yers other parts kits from customers that were in significantly poorer condition than Classic had advertised.

I have no faith or confidence in ANYTHING classic arms has to say, and am offended that such a dishonest company would use christian symbols in their ads.

English Mike March 03, 2008 10:58

Quote:

No you don't; you cut & paste from a commercial website that has a financial interest in maximising the price they can get for their goods.

Now IF you had posted links to several sites selling the same ammunition - who actually have it in stock - I might see things differently.

If you want to post "Sky is Falling" threads, then there is a special place for them, as you well know.

411man March 03, 2008 11:39

I EXPECT intelligent readers to go check further ANY and ALL information they may question posted by Everyone on the WWW, my posts included.

I am waiting for replies from several sources.

411man March 03, 2008 11:40

Let me remind everyone that it was COMMERCIAL sources who were Correct on the South African ammo in 2005 & 2006.

FAL GRUNT March 03, 2008 11:56

It was not commercial sources who were correct about SA in 2005 and 2006, it was the UN preventing SA from continuing sales. Thats the source... the commercial sources may have eventually figured out why or maybe were even told why, and then you asked the obvious, and then continued to tell us what we already new.

7.62x54r shortage? I don't think so....

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/c..._7_62x54R.html
http://www.centerfiresystems.com/ind...OD&ProdID=1436
http://www.jgsales.com/index.php/amm...4r/cPath/12_42

call AIM and JG... I bet they will sell you semi's worth. I know aim will.

-myers

Tuscan Raider March 03, 2008 12:13

Here's some more x54 surplus.

http://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=18|190|191

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/b...spx?c=96&s=954

http://www.centuryarms.biz/products.asp?cat=11

deerollman March 03, 2008 12:30

FACTS:

Ninjas are mammals

Ninjas fight ALL the time

The purpose of the ninja is tho flip out and kill people

These are FACTS, ladies and gentlemen.

ElRon March 03, 2008 12:39

Quote:

411man Brain Shortage A Fact

gunplumber March 03, 2008 12:42

Quote:

Originally posted by deerollman
FACTS:

Ninjas are mammals

Ninjas fight ALL the time

The purpose of the ninja is tho flip out and kill people

These are FACTS, ladies and gentlemen.

Pirates will kick Ninja Ass all the time. Pirates are sweet! Ninjas are pussies.

My uncle is a pirate. He beat the snot out 12 sissy ninjas at the same time,, while eating a leg of mutton. He didn't even spill his grog.

411man March 03, 2008 13:19

Why is it the same OLD argument keeps being offered as to why ammo in stock on the self PRIOR to a shortage taking effect means NO Shortage is coming into effect????

NO one here reported in 2005 that South African ammunition would stop being exported in 2006 EXCEPT ME.

I waited months to see if anyone would and NO one did.

Mean while me and mine bought our supply at the original LOW Prices.

Sig220 March 03, 2008 13:29

Quote:

Why is it the same OLD argument keeps being offered as to why ammo in stock on the self PRIOR to a shortage taking effect means NO Shortage is coming into effect????

NO one here reported in 2005 that South African ammunition would stop being exported in 2006 EXCEPT ME.

I waited months to see if anyone would and NO one did.

Mean while me and mine bought our supply at the original LOW Prices.

Has it occured to you that members here don't want to hear(read) your crap?

What makes it worse is you tooting your own horn........must be when your meds are running low on self-esteem, huh?

Seems you would find another place to post............if there is a place that would give you the proper (in your eyes) appreciation.

fugwit...............as EM would say!!

gunplumber March 03, 2008 14:38

I think he doesn't understand the meaning of "surplus".

If it wasn't surplus to the needs of the owner, it wouldn't be dumped on the market at extremely favorable prices.

Since there is never a limitless supply of "surplus" (else it wouldn't be called surplus) it stands to reason that it will always (eventually) sell out.

Ammo manufacturing is always a difficult endeavor - it is not cost effective to make just a little - it is only cost effective to make a whole bunch of it.

Governments stockpile this ammunition against time of need, but once sufficient stockpiles are obtained, there is no need for further purchase - the plants must either seek other markets or shut down.

The ammount of ammunition that a govenrment requires for trianing is very small in peacetime compared to wartime.

If a government surplusses ammo, it is often to recoup the purchase price from 20+ years ago - obviously less than to purchase it today.

Furthermore, often in the time an ammunition has been stockpiled, there will be an equipment change, such as from 7.62x39 to 5.45x39. Thus the need for the surplus is even less. Since its already a "sunk cost" (look up that term, dude) there is no reason not to dump it to the highest bidder).

Politics enter as well - it is conceivable that there are significant economic development opportunities made available from NGOs to destroy the surplus rather than to sell it.

Bottom line, like corn, wheat, oil, pork bellies, or any other commodities, the prices on ammo will always fluctuate, sometimes dramatically. But thank goodness for 411 to remind us of this obvious fact ad nauseum

ostrobothnian March 03, 2008 14:51

Have you seen the prices on .41 Swiss? Sheeeeeesh. You'd think they were running out or something.

:sleep:

ftierson March 03, 2008 14:57

Quote:

Originally posted by ostrobothnian
Have you seen the prices on .41 Swiss? Sheeeeeesh. You'd think they were running out or something.
:)

Forrest

squid8286 March 03, 2008 17:28

Quote:

What are your sources - all your "contacts in the intelligence community?"

Since my last response to you latest "the sky is falling" thread, your posts have gone from 1069 to 1078; nine more posts of useless drivel.

Fuckin' moron...

akajun March 03, 2008 17:48

Quote:

I EXPECT intelligent readers to go check further ANY and ALL information they may question posted by Everyone on the WWW, my posts included.

I am waiting for replies from several sources.

I expect you to take me up on my Generous Offer of $100 per 300rds.

I am waiting for your reply.

RHUNTER513 March 03, 2008 18:07

AMMO SHORTAGE

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE FLOWERS, ALL AMMO WILL KEEP GOING UP IN PRICE AS IT HAS IN THE LAST YEAR.

BUY NOW OR CRY LATER!

Tuscan Raider March 03, 2008 18:14

Ja, Ja, und Ich haben ein grossen schwanz.:)

Opie March 03, 2008 18:15

Re: AMMO SHORTAGE

Quote:

Originally posted by RHUNTER513
WAKE UP AND SMELL THE FLOWERS, ALL AMMO WILL KEEP GOING UP IN PRICE AS IT HAS IN THE LAST YEAR.

BUY NOW OR CRY LATER!

Just like the rising prices of everything else?

ftierson March 03, 2008 18:28

Re: Re: AMMO SHORTAGE

Quote:

Originally posted by Opie
Just like the rising prices of everything else?
Well, you're just flat-out mistaken...

The official inflation rate is quite low...

Of course, it's based on how many railroad locomotives you buy and not food, but whatever...

:)

Forrest

ElRon March 03, 2008 20:21

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instead I post Proof along with the sources for that proof!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News Flash Multiple Attacks within next few weeks

August 02, 2007 19:49
Quote:

Multiple attacks ( non-nuclear ) across CONUS on the same day targets to include rural as well as large urban centers.

I suggest any laughing begin at once so those laughing can get it all in before the sorrows begin.

Once the attacks begin I will prove how I knew before hand.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showt...hlight=attacks

deerollman March 03, 2008 20:22

Quote:

Originally posted by gunplumber

Pirates will kick Ninja Ass all the time. Pirates are sweet! Ninjas are pussies.

My uncle is a pirate. He beat the snot out 12 sissy ninjas at the same time,, while eating a leg of mutton. He didn't even spill his grog.

no way, dorkus maximus. MY uncle is a ninja, and he totally crushed your uncle's head one time with nunchuka, just because his peg leg was noisy.

RHUNTER513 March 03, 2008 20:32

AMMO SHORTAGE

WIFE AND I WILL USE OUR $1,200.00 HANDOUT FROM UNCLE SAM TO PURCHASE AMMO. IT A BETTER INVESTMENT THAN THE STOCK MARKET.
7.62X51 SURPLUS HAS GONE UP OVER 300% IN THE LAST YEAR AND A HALF.

rcnpthfndr March 03, 2008 20:50

sometimes, you amaze me.

in country there are only two platforms that shoot the x54 the SVD and PKM. both are not in very large quantities in country.

had you said x39 ammo, i would have believed it. we would get 100k of x39 bi-monthly for the battalion we covered down on. IIRC all the x39 comes from bosnia or some country in that region.

maybe even 5.56 you would have guessed right with the large amount of AR platforms headed into country.

but x54 come on

masman March 03, 2008 21:07

YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!?? 7.62x54R SHORTAGE???? i say your full of shit 411man. my brother works in the same industrial park as Century Arms and he tells me they must be busy because they've expanded thier employee parking and he's seen several containers come in with these on the side in the last few weeks
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Explosives.png

i also seem to remember you saying a couple years ago that all ammo import permits were going to be rejected

jerrymrc March 03, 2008 21:08

1 Attachment(s)
Everything has gone down in price. 411 man is wrong. Last week when he was posting about the increase in VCR prices I thought of this.

W.E.G. March 03, 2008 21:10

Thread closed.

Don't post in all caps dammit.