The FAL Files

The FAL Files (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php)
-   Competitive Shooting (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   2018 RBGC Run-and-Gun (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=419086)

stimpsonjcat September 13, 2017 21:20

2018 RBGC Run-and-Gun
 
It's official!

The board approved a Run-and-Gun tonight.

Probably 5 stages, so I need 10 ROs minimum.

DATE IS NOW CONFIRMED 3-31-2018

It will be a 5k.

And yes...there will be an ammo-expensive MP2 stage. :rockets:

Nuttz September 14, 2017 06:27

https://pics.me.me/now-thats-what-im...m-17928858.png

Damon23 September 14, 2017 07:35

I should be able to come help RO.
If needed, I'll try to round up some of the other locals to help as well.

Invictus77 September 14, 2017 07:44

Congrats Stimp!

kotengu September 14, 2017 07:51

In, of course!

Louis September 14, 2017 10:17

I'm in, that's awesome!

stimpsonjcat September 14, 2017 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louis (Post 4478208)
I'm in, that's awesome!

I thought you moved to Siberia?

kotengu September 14, 2017 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by stimpsonjcat (Post 4478339)
I thought you moved to Siberia?

He was an RO at the Legion match, so not only is he NOT in Siberia, he's an experienced Run N Gun RO now!

Louis September 14, 2017 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by stimpsonjcat (Post 4478339)
I thought you moved to Siberia?

Close, but no. I am safely still a north Ga resident. Turns out, I liked my house and little bit of property a lot more than anything on the market. Looks like y'all are stuck with me for now. :biggrin:

Louis September 14, 2017 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by kotengu (Post 4478349)
He was an RO at the Legion match, so not only is he NOT in Siberia, he's an experience Run N Gun RO now!

I got the full experience in the cave, TxGunDawg and I had a nice smooth system going. Was a great experience, that cave was a beast!

stimpsonjcat September 14, 2017 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louis (Post 4478413)
I got the full experience in the cave, TxGunDawg and I had a nice smooth system going. Was a great experience, that cave was a beast!

This is excellent news, so you're in for RO?

Mike is a badass.

stimpsonjcat September 14, 2017 21:55

If those interested in ROing could email me with their level of commitment, that would be awesome. May as well start a spreadsheet.

bruceperry@windstream.net

Name plus online name will make things simpler.

I can't promise any cool local discounts, but you will shoot for free.

I see a massive armored plate purchase in my future.

kotengu September 14, 2017 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by stimpsonjcat (Post 4478518)
May as well start a spreadsheet.

https://i.imgur.com/fXCUz27.jpg

Pretty sure you already have my name and email. My commitment level is 99% at this point.

TxGunDawg September 15, 2017 04:43

It's great news about another RnG.

Don't know if I can RO.

I've already made a commitment for the 17th and 18th of that month.

May be able to come and shoot.

I'll have to see what the boss says.:rofl:

I'm off to Pecos.

stimpsonjcat September 15, 2017 08:07

Good luck in Pecos!

beseventeen September 15, 2017 08:35

OH I AM IN I AM SO IN

Quote:

Originally Posted by kotengu (Post 4478524)
https://i.imgur.com/fXCUz27.jpg

Pretty sure you already have my name and email. My commitment level is 99% at this point.

LOL. Love that movie

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxGunDawg (Post 4478562)
I'll have to see what the boss says.:rofl:

I'm off to Pecos.

More purses?!?!

TedKennedy September 18, 2017 06:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by stimpsonjcat (Post 4478053)
It's official!

The board approved a Run-and-Gun tonight.

Probably 5 stages, so I need 15 ROs minimum.

Preliminary date is March 31st.

It will be a 5k.

And yes...there will be an ammo-expensive MP2 stage. :rockets:

Fixed that for you. Don't know if I can make that one - already making a long drive east in March....

I know y'all are fully capable, but if you need anything, just ask. VERY glad this fire is spreading!

TxGunDawg September 18, 2017 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by beseventeen (Post 4478602)





More purses?!?!

:rofl:

No, this one will be a choice.

We're going to use the trip for her to see her dad.

kotengu September 18, 2017 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxGunDawg (Post 4479614)
:rofl:

No, this one will be a choice.

We're going to use the trip for her to see her dad.

Sounds like a plan. How was Pecos???

brunop September 18, 2017 17:39

'In' as an RO if you're still adding to the Spreadsheet.

tac-40 September 18, 2017 18:59

I'll volunteer to help in any way I can. Just remember I am an old fat guy with no knees or lungs. I can work shooting stations, sign up, etc. Not going to shoot a run and gun since everybody else wants to leave at the end of the day. But I will be glad to help anywhere I can.

stimpsonjcat September 19, 2017 08:55

Wow, thanks Jeff, didn't expect that.


Tac, I really would prefer to only have ROs that are running the course, just seems a lot to ask you to come down just to run timers.

stimpsonjcat September 19, 2017 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by TedKennedy (Post 4479597)
Fixed that for you. Don't know if I can make that one - already making a long drive east in March....

I know y'all are fully capable, but if you need anything, just ask. VERY glad this fire is spreading!

The good stuff is somewhat self-winding!

I do have at least one stage that will need 3 ROs. The others probably not.


In case I didn't make it clear ROs WILL SHOOT FOR FREE!

TxGunDawg September 19, 2017 09:09

I'm going to make a leap of faith.

Count me in as an RO.

If you'll have me.

Damon23 September 19, 2017 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by stimpsonjcat (Post 4480097)
The good stuff is somewhat self-winding!

I do have at least one stage that will need 3 ROs. The others probably not.


In case I didn't make it clear ROs WILL SHOOT FOR FREE!

As stated before, our little sewing circle is available to RO if needed.

brunop September 19, 2017 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damon23
... our little sewing circle


:rofl:

stimpsonjcat September 19, 2017 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxGunDawg (Post 4480104)
I'm going to make a leap of faith.

Count me in as an RO.

If you'll have me.

You're going on the sheet as confirmed.

TxGunDawg September 19, 2017 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by stimpsonjcat (Post 4480223)
You're going on the sheet.

:thumbsup:

Nuttz September 19, 2017 15:02

Trying to work it out to do both. Supposed to be traveling to Phoenix that week. :mad:

cavegeo September 19, 2017 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by stimpsonjcat (Post 4478053)
It's official!

The board approved a Run-and-Gun tonight.

Probably 5 stages, so I need 10 ROs minimum.

DATE IS NOW CONFIRMED 3-31-2017

It will be a 5k.

And yes...there will be an ammo-expensive MP2 stage. :rockets:

I believe that should read as 3-31-2018 as 3-31-2017 is long past. Still debating if I will do one or both dates this year.

stimpsonjcat September 19, 2017 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavegeo (Post 4480297)
I believe that should read as 3-31-2018 as 3-31-2017 is long past. Still debating if I will do one or both dates this year.

Thanks!

tac-40 September 19, 2017 18:57

Stimpy, I realize that you were wanting relatively young and still mobile RO's to keep up with all the high speed, low drag shooters that will come. But I always jump at the chance to see some long lost friends, make new ones, and see some fantastic shooting.

I won't mind running stats, timers, whatever. I figure that will allow somebody else to concentrate on their shooting. Besides it is only a short drive from here.:homerdrool:

So my offer is still up on the table. Let me know if I CAN be of help instead of in the way.:rofl::uhoh:

Nuttz September 19, 2017 19:14

Someone has to load all those blanks too!! :wink:

Have to make sure we have em in 308, 223, 7.62x39, and 300-B/O... or maybe limit the ammo to be carried to the calibers we have blanks for.

...Be funny (me thinks) to take all of a run-n-gunners mags and make him turn around while you violate one and then turn back around and hand em a stack to load back into their gear just before they depart for the pain! Thinking, what stage will I fall victim to the malfunction?, Will I get to that mag? Do I want to sacrifice my run time to try to find the culprit?... hehehehe :devil:

stimpsonjcat September 19, 2017 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by tac-40 (Post 4480362)
Stimpy, I realize that you were wanting relatively young and still mobile RO's to keep up with all the high speed, low drag shooters that will come. But I always jump at the chance to see some long lost friends, make new ones, and see some fantastic shooting.

I won't mind running stats, timers, whatever. I figure that will allow somebody else to concentrate on their shooting. Besides it is only a short drive from here.:homerdrool:

So my offer is still up on the table. Let me know if I CAN be of help instead of in the way.:rofl::uhoh:

In that case you are on the list, is that a firm IN or 'tentative'?

And many thanks, as always!

stimpsonjcat September 19, 2017 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuttz (Post 4480370)
Someone has to load all those blanks too!! :wink:

Have to make sure we have em in 308, 223, 7.62x39, and 300-B/O... or maybe limit the ammo to be carried to the calibers we have blanks for.

...Be funny (me thinks) to take all of a run-n-gunners mags and make him turn around while you violate one and then turn back around and hand em a stack to load back into their gear just before they depart for the pain! Thinking, what stage will I fall victim to the malfunction?, Will I get to that mag? Do I want to sacrifice my run time to try to find the culprit?... hehehehe :devil:

The solution to this problem is to provide a 'range gun' on one of the stages.

The cruel idea I had that has since fled was to have the mystery gun be the 1919, but someone would hop up and down on it trying to load it and make me sad.

Invictus77 September 19, 2017 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by stimpsonjcat (Post 4480392)
The solution to this problem is to provide a 'range gun' on one of the stages.

The cruel idea I had that has since fled was to have the mystery gun be the 1919, but someone would hop up and down on it trying to load it and make me sad.

I promise not to make you (or your 1919) "sad" if you want to go there brother :whistling:

stimpsonjcat September 19, 2017 21:16

https://www.facebook.com/2018-RBGC-R...4091020699075/

Invictus77 September 19, 2017 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by stimpsonjcat (Post 4480433)

In like Flynn ;)

kotengu September 19, 2017 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by stimpsonjcat (Post 4480392)
The solution to this problem is to provide a 'range gun' on one of the stages.

The cruel idea I had that has since fled was to have the mystery gun be the 1919, but someone would hop up and down on it trying to load it and make me sad.

I would LOVE to shoot the 1919, on any occasion!

beseventeen September 20, 2017 05:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavegeo (Post 4480297)
I believe that should read as 3-31-2018 as 3-31-2017 is long past. Still debating if I will do one or both dates this year.

I apologize but this match is only open to people with time machines. Carry on!

Nuttz September 20, 2017 06:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by stimpsonjcat (Post 4480392)
The solution to this problem is to provide a 'range gun' on one of the stages.

The cruel idea I had that has since fled was to have the mystery gun be the 1919, but someone would hop up and down on it trying to load it and make me sad.

:thumbsup:

Damon23 September 20, 2017 07:13

Confirmed this morning.
All six of us Indiana/Ohio folks are gtg to RO.
A couple more Pawnee alumni from my area may be reaching out to you as well.


Can't wait

-Matt

stimpsonjcat September 20, 2017 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damon23 (Post 4480558)
Confirmed this morning.
All six of us Indiana/Ohio folks are gtg to RO.
A couple more Pawnee alumni from my area may be reaching out to you as well.


Can't wait

-Matt

Excellent news and many thanks Matt!

tac-40 September 20, 2017 20:25

Stimpy, of course I am IN. Like I said, I'll be there to help and support the match. Just let me know if I need/should bring support equip like spotting scopes, timer, binocs, etc. I also have a side-by-side polaris, think high speed golf cart, I can bring to move things and people around without the hassle of a full sized vehicle.

And I will bring my full blown first aid kit. Note to self, better go get some mole skin for the competitors.

stimpsonjcat September 20, 2017 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damon23 (Post 4480558)
All six of us Indiana/Ohio folks are gtg to RO.


-Matt

NM, I found the email.

MT is a new addition.

Please thank them all for me, Matt!!!

JerrySexton September 21, 2017 05:57

If there's room for one more I think I'll pencil this in.

stimpsonjcat September 21, 2017 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerrySexton (Post 4480862)
If there's room for one more I think I'll pencil this in.

Shooter or RO?

We haven't opened registration yet.

JerrySexton September 22, 2017 05:41

Shooter but if you need an RO I'd be willing to give it a go. I've never RO'd a run and gun but I've ran three of them and RO'd our club's monthly pistol match a few times.

stimpsonjcat September 22, 2017 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerrySexton (Post 4481266)
Shooter but if you need an RO I'd be willing to give it a go. I've never RO'd a run and gun but I've ran three of them and RO'd our club's monthly pistol match a few times.

Registration will open some time in early January.

I'll put your name on the list for potentials, but I am trying to use ROs I have worked with in the past.

stimpsonjcat November 14, 2017 22:00

So let's talk about stages!

Stage 1 (pistol/rifle) will be a miniature recreation of the infamous 'Blackhawk down' stage we ran at a FAL match years ago. Expect to be uncomfortably situated in an enclosed space and have to make 8 pistol shots (12-20feet) followed by 12 rifle shots at 50 yards. Practising kneeling and sitting positions would be a good idea.

Stage 2 (rifle) will be fired from the beautific 600 yard firing line on RBGCs amazing Highpower range. You'll need to make 3 hits on a full size torso target at 300 yards, then 3 more hits on a torso target at 400 yards, and finally a single hit on a torso target at 600 yards. This is also the highest point on the course...of course.

Stage 3 (rifle/pistol) "Charge!" will have 8 rifle shots on 8"wx14"t steel at 100 yards followed by 12 pistol hits on paper targets appearing as you move forward from the rifle position after clearing your rifle.

Stage 4 (pistol) "Going in blind" Will be 4 targets shot twice each to neutralize but watch out for the no shoots everywhere.

Stage 5 (rifle) "Body armor" is a rifle stage with 'options' at close range. You have 5 bad guys in armor, so single head shots or double-tapped A-zones to neutralize.

All total I get 25-30 rifle shots minimum

and

28 pistol shots minimum.

Let's hear about it!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The FAL Files